• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Develop at Ubisoft: mentorship program for women and nonbinary people, applications start September 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

At Ubisoft, we want to build the most creative, diverse and inclusive teams, and that's exactly what Develop at Ubisoft is all about: empowering and supporting under-represented genders.

The program provides mentorship opportunities for women and non-binary individuals (students or fresh graduates with less than 2 years of experience), interested in video games to develop their skill set in Game Design and Programming. We want to empower you to learn, grow, and become the very best developer that you can be.

To be eligible you must :

• Identify as a woman or a non-binary individual
  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Currently attend or have graduated in or after Spring 2023
  • Have less than 2 years of professional experience in Game Design or Programming in video games
  • Be legally entitled to work in the country where you are applying
  • Apply to only one location
  • Submit an individual entry – team entries will not be considered

Sounds like a really promising opportunity if you’re an under-represented gender. Any takers?

Edit:
Please Note: This program is not an internship or employment opportunity. Participants will not be working on Ubisoft projects or receiving any form of compensation.

^ I guess this is how it’s legal, since it’s not a job and you don’t get paid for it.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Make It Stop The Office GIF

As long as it's only a mentorship program, and they aren't discriminating against anyone who doesn't qualify for this program for actual job opportunities, I don't see the harm.

My college had programs like this all the time, and they were a huge success in getting a more diverse group of people into programming.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I bet this goes against a couple of laws about hiring discrimination in many many countries.

I guess this is why it’s legal:
Please Note: This program is not an internship or employment opportunity. Participants will not be working on Ubisoft projects or receiving any form of compensation.

not sure this is thread worthy
Sorry I guess we are only allowing “here’s my hot take about PS5 pro” threads today.

They keep digging I see.
they gotta. the folx propelling this whole thing see the writing on the wall, &, if this whole moronic edifice does finally collapse, they know they will go down with it. so, yeah, wherever it still somehow continues to thrive, you can expect this kinda endless doubling down...

Aenima

This is one of the reasons western games have gone down the drain. This obcession about hiring ppl based on they gender, sexuality and race, instead of talent.
Good thing the console game scene has opened to more Asian countries.

On the positive side of things, we now live in a world where any straight men can just come forward and say it indentifies as a non binary woman and get the job.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm sure the true natural women would be running out the doors after sharing space with those other types of women, with penises.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I guess this is how it’s legal, since it’s not a job and you don’t get paid for it.

In IT it's pretty common to see these kind of offers. The are mostly for minorities but sometimes they also do it for anyone. As long as they are not working on real projects from which the company profits in a direct way it shouldn't be a problem to have them without payment.

jlethal27

Neo Member
What makes me sad is that they can see the ditch ahead of them, but still proceed to walk into it head first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom