• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Dahbomb

I'm not a huge fan of DmC music, but DMC5 needs to ditch using the same battle theme all the time...
Hell yes.

Preferably some dynamic music.

*Default battle theme.

*"You're getting wrecked" theme. Kicks in at low health.

*"You are in the zone" theme, kicks in at A rank+.

*"GOD DAMN STYLISH" theme, kicks in once SSS rank has been achieved.

Also music transitions during boss phase changes.

Imagine fighting Vergil in the final fight of DMC5, you take down his life bar to 0... he gets back up one last time with a full health bar going into Desperation Devil Trigger mode and the classic DMC3 Vergil theme song kicks in from this final fight in DMC3. Kinda like what is happening here (Spoilers for final fight in Dark Souls 3).
For those that don't know, in that final phase the piana theme from the final boss fight of Dark Souls 1 kicks in... one last time.

Golnei

A single combat theme per character could still work, but incorporating dynamic elements would definitely help. Dynamic layers based on style and health, as well as only having the actual theme play in closed-off combat rooms instead of starting up for every minor enemy (with the latter either using a combat variation of the environmental ambience or a stripped-down, instrumental version of the regular combat theme, like in MGR) would go a long way towards making things less stale. One or more dedicated themes for specific regular enemies like Blitzes would help as well.

Mizerman

A single combat theme per character could still work, but incorporating dynamic elements would definitely help. Dynamic layers based on style and health, as well as only having the actual theme play in closed-off combat rooms instead of starting up for every minor enemy (with the latter either using a combat variation of the environmental ambience or a stripped-down, instrumental version of the regular combat theme, like in MGR) would go a long way towards making things less stale. One or more dedicated themes for specific regular enemies like Blitzes would help as well.

Damn right.

Sesha

A dynamic soundtrack, or at least dynamic battle themes, is an absolute must after DmC. Not having it would be a pretty depressing state.

Also, Dead Rising 4 has leaked some more and it looks decent.

probably the only thing I liked about the reboot but gotta agree with dahbomb on this one

I'm just teasing.

GL52Y.gif

XTFBlTb.gif

Dahbomb

Latest rumor mill is that Sony has another Capcom exclusive game lined up. Could be MH, could be DMC, could be something else entirely. This one is straight from GAF.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Latest rumor mill is that Sony has another Capcom exclusive game lined up. Could be MH, could be DMC, could be something else entirely. This one is straight from GAF.

After the multiple fiascos throughout the week, I'm not biting until someone confirms several sources anymore, even from GAF. We only have a few days anyway.

After the multiple fiascos throughout the week, I'm not biting until someone confirms several sources anymore, even from GAF. We only have a few days anyway.

We will know by tmw since that is when all the main conferences are... and its most likely MH related (didn't verendus tease about this a long time ago?)

Sesha

It's probably the PS4 Monster Hunter game Verendus talked about or Deep Down.

Sesha

That's something at least, I would be down for that.

Capcom might actually deliver on their promise of going full offensive this year.

Three major titles + possibly more SF5 is more than I can remember Capcom showing at E3 since, I dunno. 2012? 2007? None of those are DMC5 or RE2make, but ignoring my own preferences, it's still pretty good.

Dahbomb

"Today... At the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in Platinum games, but in Itsuno.

Today there is not a man nor woman in here that shall believe alone. Not today.

Today we face the non-believers that are at E3 and bring the BELIEVE to them!

Today, we are BELIEVING in DMC5!!!"

Valtekken

Banned
"Today... At the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in Platinum games, but in Itsuno.

Well, now I feel motivated.

someone has to make a gif on that and post it in the gif thread

Dahbomb

Of course there's the classic and universal "Tonight we dine in hell" speech just before E3.

And before I go to sleep I will make my one last Itsuno prayer (you know the one!).

Man, even Quake beat DMC5 to the punch.

And that's an interesting way of introducing a Berserk game. I'm not into the series myself but I thought it was more about chopping guys and less about naked chicks being held by tentacles.

Dahbomb

Man, even Quake beat DMC5 to the punch.

And that's an interesting way of introducing a Berserk game. I'm not into the series myself but I thought it was more about chopping guys and less about naked chicks being held by tentacles.
That was a very strange promo indeed especially when it's technically a massive spoiler too. Then again it's Tecmo Koei so they probably wanted that sexual intrigue.

And the series has both a lot of violence and sexual situations. Though at its heart it's a character driven, world building story seeped in dark fantasy.

Sesha

Using
the imagery of Casca's rape
to advertise a Berserk game is extremely tasteless. Unsurprising since it's Tecmo Koei.

That was a very strange promo indeed especially when it's technically a massive spoiler too. Then again it's Tecmo Koei so they probably wanted that sexual intrigue.

And the series has both a lot of violence and sexual situations. Though at its heart it's a character driven, world building story seeped in dark fantasy.

I see.

I've always heard how great the series is, and since the new game is coming up I might actually give this series a try. I think I have the original anime somewhere so I should probably start with that.

Golnei

I don't see it as too much of an issue - Berserk is known for its lighthearted, titillating fanservice elements, after all; and Koei Tecmo's own proficiency in that area is self-evident. Adapting that scene and headlining the game's advertising with it just means they fully understand and respect the series' tone and characters.

Dahbomb

I don't see it as too much of an issue - Berserk is known for its lighthearted, titillating fanservice elements, after all; and Koei Tecmo's own proficiency in that area is self-evident. Adapting that scene and headlining the game's advertising with it just means they fully understand and respect the series' tone and characters.
Except that the scene in question is anything but that.

RazMaTaz

Banned
First time i have ever seen a microsoft conference been fully leaked and dead on the nail in history of e3.

Only Sony left to bring the hope

Valtekken

Banned
First time i have ever seen a microsoft conference been fully leaked and dead on the nail in history of e3.

Only Sony left to bring the hope
Exactly what I was thinking about. The Sony conference hasn't been leaked completely, so there's still a good chance for DMC5 to be announced during their conference. Besides, DMC used to be a Sony exclusive, so a DMC5 announcement is more likely during their conference rather than Microsoft's conference anyway.

Not long left before the Sony conference, unfortunately il be asleep as it starts at 2am here in the UK and ive got exams tomorrow. Really hope i wake up to an announcement.

RazMaTaz

Banned
Scalebound definately did look quite naff. I still have some hope for the game (Kamiya and all), and considering its still a year away, so who knows.

Clawww

the one mechanic I'm gonna be really upset about if it's omitted is exceed. I don't care what character or weapon it ends up on, I just need that shit

the one mechanic I'm gonna be really upset about if it's omitted is exceed. I don't care what character or weapon it ends up on, I just need that shit

Hypest part of Dark Souls 3 was when it turned out one of the bosses has exceed. So good. That alone warrants Nero's inclusion in a sequel.

Top Bottom