• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

It looks like that Omega Force game will be Berserk after all, so no DMC news there, either.

Although, I'm okay with this one. Would like to see a real DMC before they try spin-offs with series.

Dahbomb

It looks like that Omega Force game will be Berserk after all, so no DMC news there, either.

Although, I'm okay with this one. Would like to see a real DMC before they try spin-offs with series.
That's actually god damn excellent news.

Also WTF @ Dan Southworth going ham with the teases...

RazMaTaz

Banned
CkkRaXLWgAA7BEo.jpg:large

On a serious note, how would people feel is the next DMC title ended up being solely on Vergil?

CkkRaXLWgAA7BEo.jpg:large

On a serious note, how would people feel is the next DMC title ended up being solely on Vergil?
LMAO

As a Vergil fan I would really like it if they did a Vergil focused title. I think the character both need and deserves the attention. IMO, we are long overdue for a Vergil (or Sparda) game.

Showing how Vergil fucked up against Mundus would be interesting to see. It could be DMC's Snake Eater, but it could also fall on its face. Personally (as a Vergil fanboy) I'd prefer a focus on Dante for DMC5, to prove the franchise still has legs, then once it's made its undisputed critical acclaim, they can focus on other branches.

Dahbomb

At this point I will take DMC in any non turd form.

DmC2, DMC: Vergil story, DMC: Starring Dante's toilet seat....

Man just inject me some of that stylish action.

Seyavesh

gunslinger is my favorite style and trish is my favorite character so yeah of course they're negatives

trish/vergil with mundus is a boring dynamic since they're just brainless soldiers at that point

Dahbomb

He's referring to Vergil's dialogue with Trish in UMVC3 when he's clearly not under the influence of Mundus. I think he calls her repulsive or something when he realizes who she is... lol.

In any case the positives of having a Vergil only game:

*More focus on mechanics that are based around agility and teleportation.

*Darker tone with most of the setting in hell which means more creative freedom to make some crazy stuff.

*More insight into the character. In the DMC3 manga it seems like when that famous event happened, Vergil was visiting his father's grave while Dante and Eva were alone. It would be interesting to see who Vergil might place the blame on for the events that transpired.

*To make up for the lack of multiple styles and no guns, they are sure to give Vergil new mechanics and tools so that the depth is retained.

*They can push the rating more and have gore/dismemberment with some demon designs that are truly nasty to behold. I am talking Bloodborne type aesthetic here.

It's honestly not that hard to make a full game out of Vergil's trek through hell. The story would be very light and straightforward but they can enhance it by having more characters trapped in hell that interact with Vergil and sort of expand the mythos/lore of the DMC universe.

I would much rather have a DMC5 of course but I can definitely take a Vergil only game in the mean time to tide me over.

paolo11

He's referring to Vergil's dialogue with Trish in UMVC3 when he's clearly not under the influence of Mundus. I think he calls her repulsive or something when he realizes who she is... lol.

In any case the positives of having a Vergil only game:

*More focus on mechanics that are based around agility and teleportation.

*Darker tone with most of the setting in hell which means more creative freedom to make some crazy stuff.

*More insight into the character. In the DMC3 manga it seems like when that famous event happened, Vergil was visiting his father's grave while Dante and Eva were alone. It would be interesting to see who Vergil might place the blame on for the events that transpired.

*To make up for the lack of multiple styles and no guns, they are sure to give Vergil new mechanics and tools so that the depth is retained.

*They can push the rating more and have gore/dismemberment with some demon designs that are truly nasty to behold. I am talking Bloodborne type aesthetic here.

It's honestly not that hard to make a full game out of Vergil's trek through hell. The story would be very light and straightforward but they can enhance it by having more characters trapped in hell that interact with Vergil and sort of expand the mythos/lore of the DMC universe.

I would much rather have a DMC5 of course but I can definitely take a Vergil only game in the mean time to tide me over.

That sounds cool, brother. I wanted post DMC1 and probably before or after DMC4 in terms of story line.

If Southworth does know something, he must be coming damn close to breaching an NDA.

Anyway, some Devil May Cry is better than none, so I'd take DmC 2 if DMC 5 was off the table. However, when DmC 2 missed the 2015 sequel deadline (they announced they wanted more out by 2015) without even a whisper and the movie being ten kinds of dead for five years, it's kind of clear DmC 2 is already off the table.

Sesha

The first one is his personal Facebook user profile, I believe, and the second posted is his fan page.

He also shared this image some hours ago:

All these posts by him is just him teasing, like before.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't really mind if people spread rumors, get hyped up and excited when it turns out to be nothing. The more disappointed voices there are, the more it reinforced to Capcom how much we need a new DMC, and news about it soon.

Dude, Reuben and Dan are teasing people in tweeter about DMC5. Somenthing its happening

They've been doing that long before E3 season. They love the series and they know there's fan demand for 5. That's them trying to show Capcom it would be worth the investment.

Dahbomb

Lots of DMC exposure as of late, like that Mathewmattosis video and the Death Battle showdown. DMC is creeping back into the collective consiousness of gamers around.

Capcom just has to capitalize on it.

RazMaTaz

Banned
Dude, Reuben and Dan are teasing people in tweeter about DMC5. Somenthing its happening

I dont think its actually been to this degree though, especially when its matter of days before E3 either. I think it would piss off many people on FB if both Reuben and Dan were purposely posting these polls and posts last few days before E3 starts. Josh hasnt posted a single DMC post since the stunt he pulled with the pic with him and Rueben (facebook wise anyways).

All I want is at the Sony Conference to just state a Devil May Cry 5 is in the making, and that would make everyone happy. Devil May Cry 4 got a bunch of CG trailers at both E3 and TGS before we saw an actual gameplay trailer the following TGS, so anything is possible.

What really bothers me is Reuben tweeting about the resume thing. Its like he has already finished working on DMC5 and just waiting on an announcement...

Sesha

Capcom has been exceptionally silent dou. Even more silent considering they were absent the last few years bar SFV.

You have to look at it from a business perspective. Starting with RE6, Capcom has gradually have had fewer games with long waits from announcement to release. That they're apparently planning to release RE7 and DR4 this fiscal year and announcing them at E3 seemingly confirms that. They probably save a ton of money by not having to market their games for years before release
They also have a pattern of releasing two major console titles a year, one early in the year and one late.
So it's understandable, if DMC5 is still a ways off, that they're unwilling to talk about it at all until it's not too far off from release.

Itsuno needs to pop in the conference and then light up the stage with a DMC5 confirmation:

giphy.gif

With Reuben and Dan fighting in-costume with wires on stage. With Shall Never Surrender playing.

(Also I love that me and AgentLampshade brought this gif to life. Whoever the original creator of the video is is a genius.)

*Sits on rocking chair*

DMC5...DMC5...DMC5...

GL52Y.gif

Top Bottom