• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

TreIII

But wait what is this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228781&highlight=koei

The teaser is giving me some serious DMC vibes. DMC Musou?! I don't know how I would feel about that.

On one hand, it'd be hilarious. Imagine if this was how we got the "Sparda back story game", with the Legendary Dark Knight, his boo, Eva, and all those rallied with him fight against Mundus' hoards in various levels of hell ...all in the context of a modified Musou engine. :lol

I'd have no problem with such a thing, so long as it was an accompaniment to the proper DMC5 announcement later this year.

But as I and others have said in other topics...unless Koei and Capcom have kissed and made up after all the years of bad blood and a law suit, what's the likelihood of this playing out? Not to mention it'd be such a disrespect to the BASARA team...

I wouldn't mind a Musou game if it's set in demon world and introduces potential new villains and such but I would be livid if they made a Sparda or Vergil story in that style. Especially Sparda since we haven't even seen him in the main series so our introduction with him shouldn't be in some Musou title.

Though, as you said Capcom and Koei haven't been on best of terms so who knows if DMC Musou would be even possible. And once again, as you've said they have their own Musou equivalent team so it wouldn't even make sense for them to go to Koei to make such title.

Still though, that font and color scheme looks really similar to DMC.

TreIII

I wouldn't mind a Musou game if it's set in demon world and introduces potential new villains and such but I would be livid if they made a Sparda or Vergil story in that style. Especially Sparda since we haven't even seen him in the main series so our introduction with him shouldn't be in some Musou title.

I mean, while we're in fanfiction mode at the moment, what I suggest is just one of the things that I could see "working" for the sake of a genre shift, if Sparda's game and story was meant to be a decidedly different one from his son's. Dante seems to get himself involved in what are basically isolated, much more personal incidents in between his regular jobs. Everything that we do know about Sparda makes it out to be that this guy was waging a war against Mundus and his own kind. It'd play right into the Musou series' usual shtick about "A Warrior Worth 1000" dominating a battlefield, to say the least.

Now, of course, I would desire better for Daddy Sparda and Mama Eva as much as the next DMC fan. But with Capcom being as they are currently? Even if the idea is so ludicrous, and there's so much evidence that says why it couldn't (and shouldn't!) happen, I could imagine the .01% probability that makes such a thing a possibility.

I hope that's Berserk though. Would be the first Musou game I play in a long time.
Well if we are saying our wishlist for Musou titles then I'd like to see a Kill la Kill or Nanatsu No Taizai Musou game.

I think Nanatsu in particular could be interesting.
I mean, while we're in fanfiction mode at the moment, what I suggest is just one of the things that I could see "working" for the sake of a genre shift, if Sparda's game and story was meant to be a decidedly different one from his son's. Dante seems to get himself involved in what are basically isolated, much more personal incidents in between his regular jobs. Everything that we do know about Sparda makes it out to be that this guy was waging a war against Mundus and his own kind. It'd play right into the Musou series' usual shtick about "A Warrior Worth 1000" dominating a battlefield, to say the least.

Now, of course, I would desire better for Daddy Sparda and Mama Eva as much as the next DMC fan. But with Capcom being as they are currently? Even if the idea is so ludicrous, and there's so much evidence that says why it couldn't (and shouldn't!) happen, I could imagine the .01% probability that makes such a thing a possibility.
Yeah, I think that's the only angle that I see an Sparda game working in Musou genre. Though, that would be a huge injustice to the character if they introduced him to the series like that.

Musou games generally have "shitty to whatever" stories and in most of the them you are just having mindless fun by button mashing and destroying everything in your sight. While that can work in a game about Sparda's rebellion agaisnt Mundus's army I think they need to introduce him in a much more story focused title (in comparison to Musou games) and answer a few of the mysteries regarding him and then go forward with putting him in such game.

Although, Musou games have very mediocre boss fights so having a Sparda Vs. Mundus fight in that style, is not something that I would be looking forward to. So, if they ever tried to release such game I think they need to take a completely different approach to boss fights in order to make them at least a little bit interesting.

Well I guess no DMC5 hype train this year, just 5 more days and we'll know... I really think they should at least do a teaser because so many people are forgetting about DMC as Capcom just waits for the "perfect moment."

Sesha

Nerdleaks are legit. But they're not industry insiders as far as anyone knows. Usually they just post concrete info. Artwork, online resumès, etc. If they're just teasing, be careful.

That said, I kinda hoped something like this wouldn't happen. I don't want leaks of DMC5, outside of some minor comment by a supposed insider on GAF. I want the teaser to drop mid-conference Shenmue 3-style without anyone seeing it coming. So I really hope they don't post anything concrete beyond this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do the Super characters help players of lesser skill take on harder difficulties?

They're on sale now for $2.49.

They're basically a win button, yes. But you get a Super Character multiplier deduction to your final score for each level and Bloody Palace by using them.

"Even if there's a 1% chance DMC is at E3 we have to take it as an absolute certainty!"

BVNYmka.gif

Tired of all these teases...

Dahbomb

Do the Super characters help players of lesser skill take on harder difficulties?

They're on sale now for $2.49.
Yes they do but your score is reduced dramatically.

And that's really god damn pricy for basically a cheat code.

Also latest E3 rumor has DMC5 listed:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/340512818/its-happening

>Likely
DMC5 (PS4 for sure, might not be exclusive)
New RDR and RDR remaster (multiplat)
Crash (PS4)
Spider-Man (high budget, Sony's call)
Exclusive Xbox JRPG (not Scalebound)
Resident Evil 7 (multiplat)
Wild ARMS (PS4)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also latest E3 rumor has DMC5 listed:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/340512818/its-happening

>Likely
DMC5 (PS4 for sure, might not be exclusive)
New RDR and RDR remaster (multiplat)
Crash (PS4)
Spider-Man (high budget, Sony's call)
Exclusive Xbox JRPG (not Scalebound)
Resident Evil 7 (multiplat)
Wild ARMS (PS4)

Where's the latest rumors listed? I see a compilation post, but I don't see the original post except for the nerdleaks tweet. I might be blind here.

Dahbomb

I mean all this confirms is that the guy is involved in DMC5, not that it will be at E3.

Or maybe it's referring to DmC.

But this is how it starts... the fever... the hype... that turns good fans... rabid.

RazMaTaz

Banned
I mean all this confirms is that the guy is involved in DMC5, not that it will be at E3.

Or maybe it's referring to DmC.

But this is how it starts... the fever... the hype... that turns good fans... rabid.

I doubt its DmC. Every major character in DmC has been cited who they been acted/mocapped by on IMDB, and his name doesnt come up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328902/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Also he stated hes a lead voice role too. All the lead roles are confirmed in that DmC list too and hes not on there.

#BELIEVE!

I doubt its DmC. Every major character in DmC has been cited who they been acted/mocapped by on IMDB, and his name doesnt come up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328902/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Also he stated hes a lead voice role too. All the lead roles are confirmed in that DmC list too and hes not on there.

#BELIEVE!

He probably just a random VA or had some involvement with DmC and just fudged his resume to look good.

It doesn't matter either way since the '2013' just kills it.

Even if that page is from 2013 it still wouldn't make sense to think that he is talking about DmC. I mean the page says he is a lead character in the game while we know every lead actor on DmC and he isn't one of them.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Goddammit! Why can't we just have something substantial for once :(

Even if that page is from 2013 it still wouldn't make sense to think that he is talking about DmC. I mean the page says he is a lead character in the game while we know every lead actor on DmC and he isn't one of them.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Goddammit! Why can't we just have something substantial for once :(

like I said he could have changed the info, it even says Devil may cry 5 instead of DmC insinuating the early stages of DmC development where most of the general audience called it 'devil may cry 5' or 5th entry in the franchise.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I emailed Nils about his Devil May Cry 5 credit. He says he "booked the role years ago, but due to scheduling conflicts it didn't actually come into fruition"

Pretty sure it's DMC, since that fits in with the timeline of his VA credits

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
POKER STARS NORTH AMERICA (2009?)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: THE CHALLENGE (2008?)
EMPIRE OF LIBERTY (2010-2011)
DREAM PHONE (???)

Yeah.

Anyway, we know DMC5 is in the works. This just is another failed leak.

TreIII

Yeah.

Anyway, we know DMC5 is in the works. This just is another failed leak.

Yeah. There's still enough other murmurings going on now that make it look it still could be a thing that appears at E3.

Dan's thing just makes the timing seem that much more so.

Yeah. There's still enough other murmurings going on now that make it look it still could be a thing that appears at E3.

Dan's thing just makes the timing seem that much more so.

lol to me it seems Dan found the perfect timing to mess with the fans

Someone should ask Itsuno directly if he is going to E3

Okay, with confirmation that it was for DmC now we can go back to the waiting games.

But seriously, I hope NerdLeaks double checks everything from now on before teasing them. I had made my peace with DMC5 missing this E3 but then this whole thing comes up and gives us hope before crushing it again. They do good work with digging stuff up but they need to be more careful with them.

So basically the only hint we had of DMC5 was that nerd leaks reference "even a devil may cry," but that is probably linked to that mistaken DMC5 voice actor credit (or for DmC rather). We also have that Capcom is adding some trailer to Sony show, but so far no solid leaks about DMC5... rip...

Top Bottom