• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Pics_nao

Costumes show up in cutscenes? Cool. Game is running good via remote play too. Too bad the rear touch is used for triggers and stick buttons.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I keep trying to dodge with the shoulder buttons.

02UZ78y.gif

Batman: AK unlocks early. Turns out to be a shit PC port.

No prob, no prob, let me just wait for DMC4: SE to unlock.

12 hours remaining...

Fuck everything!

welp, with AK PC port shitting the bed for the time being, looks like my and my GTX 970 are gonna be spending some sweet time with DMC4 this week. 4K resolution/60fps lets gooooooooo

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If i have the choice of getting the Ps4 version or the PC, I should opt for the PC if my specs are good, right?

So the X1 version was working...quit out, the game wouldn't boot again. I uninstalled, and now there isn't even an option to reinstall on the store or on the 'Ready to Install' menu. Anyone else have this issue? The game seems to be off the store.

I'm rusty, this game is kicking my ass.
My combos during these encounters are so bad. I keep trying to learn Full Steam and Judgement Cut timings, but it keeps fucking me up in the middle of battle. Also gauging the range of how far my grim trick will pull me to enemies has been a bit tough as well.

Oh well, Berial's down. I'm gonna take a break just to try out Lady for two missions. Then it's back to Vergil.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Ugh I thought it told me I downloaded the whole thing but apparently I only downloaded the prologue. Well I guess I'll play it tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gabe needs to tell his employees to schedule stuff up at midnight. It should be one of the advantages of buying digital.

Some games go up at Midnight on Steam. It's possible, but it depends on the publisher, I don't think Valve is the one that actually says "okay, decrypt the pre-load" for anything but the DRM.

Coda

Died 3 times already at the first boss with Lady. What am I doing wrong? Her gameplay is so unorthodox to DMC so it's hard to adjust.

Danger House

Neo Member
Mine hasn't unlocked either. I thought uninstalling/reinstalling it would help, but it won't even let me do that.

I've uninstalled the game and now I can't even find it to reinstall. I can only find the Lady/Trish Costume DLC. The game exists in the store, but there is no purchase/install option, only "Pin to Home" what the hell is happening and where is my game?

I've uninstalled the game and now I can't even find it to reinstall. I can only find the Lady/Trish Costume DLC. The game exists in the store, but there is no purchase/install option, only "Pin to Home" what the hell is happening and where is my game?

Same thing is happening here. I cannot download the game because there is only the 'Pin to Home' option. Ughh

ezekial45

Banned
Died 3 times already at the first boss with Lady. What am I doing wrong? Her gameplay is so unorthodox to DMC so it's hard to adjust.

By first, do you mean Dante or Berial?

Lady is firearm focused, and she's also a charge character. Her guns do far more damage than the other characters. You'll have to use burst attacks (charging your weapons up) to deal big damage to bosses. She's a big change from the others, as her melee attacks are best used to bat away foes that get too close. Also her wire shot is essentially a fishing line which can launch enemies up or slam them down to the grab. It doesn't pull her in or bring the enemies close to her.

Basically, just fire away at a distance and keep your weapons charged.

And I beat Berial with Lady. I adapted better to the different playstyle she has faster than expected. Her pistols definitely fire slower than Ebony and Ivory, though I've yet to fully upgrade everything for that weapon. Still deals plenty of damage on their own, though.

For those having trouble, just stay away and dodge when you need to, while keeping in mind the best distances for weapons. Make sure to use the skills that require the button used for the Wire Action. Her forward Circle attack works really well in increasing your style meter and damage too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lady's level 1 charge shot with her pistols can be rapid fired so quickly it decimates almost anything early on when combined with lvl 2 shot. You can buffer charge further while running or performing melee attacks too.

Also, Wire Grapple interrupts everything the early mobs do.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Add me to the list of salty PC players. The game has already pre-loaded ffs! GabeN pls. 😩

Top Bottom