• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

dmcAxle

Neo Member
Game fell off the top seller list and Popular new release list of Steam the moment it released. Weird. Kinda annoying since it's not visible on the front page at all and it does impact sales. Hope they fix it soon.

News Bot

Banned
But RE1 did and DMC1 basically aped the level design of the RE games.

And by level design I mean how the levels are actually framed out, their progression and their interconnectivity... not how they look visually.

That's because DMC1 was originally BIO3 (and BIO4) and the level and stage design was handled by the likes of Yasuhisa Kawamura, who worked on BIO3. About 80% of the stage design in DMC1 is exactly as it was when it was a BIO game, most of it just slightly altered to get a more demonic tone.

Menthuss

8873BBCD34FC39A2E582809BD475DBD0FBD870CD

Running this on a 290x.

But RE1 did and DMC1 basically aped the level design of the RE games.

And by level design I mean how the levels are actually framed out, their progression and their interconnectivity... not how they look visually.

As we all know, it was originally conceived as RE4, and the main inspiration of its stylish juggling combat came out of a glitch from the RE-style Omninusha. So much of DMC1's puzzles, level design, and progression come straight out of those 90s PS1 RE games.

Gonna give the game another go after breakfast. I think I was just too tired to play well last night. Def gotta get used to Lady's ranged mechanics though.
Gotta use them charge shots. Kalina Ann charge shot owns some bosses hard. She definitely becomes less clunky with some upgrades.

I map shoot to R2 to hold charges easier.

Korezo

I may have some bad news guys. It seems that the PC version of SE is not as well optimized as Vanilla DMC4. Not sure how true this is though.

1435066337518.jpg

Isn't a 295x a crossfire card? And thats says 295x 2 so thays 4 gpus? Thats why it probably runs like crap.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I may have some bad news guys. It seems that the PC version of SE is not as well optimized as Vanilla DMC4. Not sure how true this is though.

1435066337518.jpg
While not as great as vanilla DMC4, I have a relatively new GTX 970 that should guarantee me a steady 60 FPS, right?

Coda

Have to say, it's pretty difficult going back to this game after Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 had some PS2 level design but it made up for it with all the set piece moments and amazing action. I know I'm comparing a 2008 game to a 2014 game, but I'm realizing I got pretty hype over a game that seems bland by comparison. Maybe I just need to get gud.

Unit24

Wow, DMC4 is way, way easier with Vergil. He is equipped to deal with any situation. Even Dante was a pushover, at least on Devil Hunter difficulty.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Pay to win breh!

Honestly paying $3 to get pretty much all of the moves in the game is not that bad.
Besides, in a game like this one it wasn't designed with the microtransactions from the get go. If that's what they'll put in so that the game launches at $25 so be it.

Manatox

Don't know if its just me, but it looks pretty awesome on PC, much better then i remember vanilla DMC4 (tho i can't confirm that since it's been many years since i played it).

AHqrtMyl.jpg

Don't know if its just me, but it looks pretty awesome on PC, much better then i remember vanilla DMC4 (tho i can't comfirm that since it's been many years since i played it).

I've had friends say how amazing DMC4 looked when I was playing on PC that didn't bat an eyelash at the Witcher 3. It's really weird just how well everything comes together in the looks department for this game on PC

I was shopping through skills and then it hit me between seeing Vergil's skills in the DMC4 engine and the soothing ass store music, a single tear rolled down my cheek.

We here now brehs
gXx9w5B.png

Anteater

alright this shit is unpacking, I thought I'd just play witcher 3 or some shit but fuck those games i'm going to sit here, drink my beer and wait until it finishes unpack

or fall asleep waiting.

Bought the game on Euro PSN now, after about five error tries it finally let me purchase it. Downloafing now, even though it first tild me it was 4 hours to go.

Edit: Special Edition theme downloaded first, it's locked. I'm guessing I have to wait!

If I want to mess around in bloody palace is it worth just buying the unlock for all the modes?

Or would it be best to unlock it the normal way so that I can get some new skills before playing it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MT Framework games will forever look good. DMC4 is no exception. People are just forgetting how goddamn good this game looked 7 years ago.

Sykotik

Definitely runs much worse for me than vanilla. Vergil's stinger can even cause the game to pause briefly. Some areas cause noticeable drops even when nothing is happening.

2600k, 7970. 1080p max settings, no AA.

Bummer.

MCD

Is anyone's menu unresponsive? Xbox One version here playing via External Seagate HDD.

The menu where you select Mission Start/Mission Menu/Power Up. Controls unresponsive till I wait for 15 sec or so.

Weird.

EDIT: I think it's my Xbox acting funny.

Afrocious

Yeah there's a code.

You go to the main menu, go to PS Store, then go to where it says "Unlock all Modes" and select "Add to card".

Word.

Thanks for all the help you post in the DMC threads btw. Good to see folks like yourself supporting good series like DMC.

Arttemis

Oh man, I'm also so rusty at this game.

Having played DMC3HD a lot more recently than I have DMC4, I really wish I could choose only 2 weapons instead of toggling through three. Three gives me the feeling of never being confident in switching weapons on the fly, and makes me feel like I need to memorize preset combos for aerial juggles and such.

Top Bottom