• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

You know, I'm really surprised Lady doesn't have a pull enemy towards you move.

She already has a grappling hook she uses to launch herself to other places. You'd think it'd be obvious.

My weirdness is that her hook doesn't bring her to much larger enemies. I understand her play style isn't a "go in" type deal, but fighting Berial was....a wake up.

I was kinda expecting it to work like Snatch.

Nope.

Timng isnt required. Stinger motion mash O youll get it.
Thanks.
My weirdness is that her hook doesn't bring her to much larger enemies. I understand her play style isn't a "go in" type deal, but fighting Berial was....a wake up.

I was kinda expecting it to work like Snatch.

Nope.

Oddly enough, thus far it only works like Snatch on Sanctus' boss fight. After you knock him out of his shield, he'll just get tossed up/down like other enemies.

Finished lady/trish on LDK

Finished nero/dante on devil hunter

About to start Vergil for the first time on SoS

Vergil is my dessert, what should I expect dmc gaf? Starting now.

f@luS

More than a member.
i never had any issue with ps4 downloading speed, but damn for some reason DMC4 dont wanna download at normal speed. I did first 4g fast so it allows me to start the story with nero , but i wanna do vergil first and i need to wait for full download which is 40hours (i have 300/50mb connection, first time i have issue like this)

damn

Seyavesh

so hey since this game uses the MT framework system from re6...
i guess it should be pretty easy to mod
though now i'm wishing i had learned the LMT/3dsmax stuff with re6 so i could do more than just crappy retexturing

Joe1ICD.jpg

really curious how easily/how far someone could take the customization
i saw mods for re6 that imported animations/functions from REV2 into it and vice versa

I was really happy to discover Proud Souls and Red orbs carry over between characters. I was able to power up Lady right away with what I had earned playing the first four mission as Vergil.

Is this your first time playing any version of DMC4? Because I'm quite sure Proud Souls and Red Orbs carried over between Nero and Dante in vanilla DMC4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm... is there really no way across that chasm to the "wooden blocked door" for Vergil to get that blue orb fragment in Mission 2? It seems that one is specifically designed for Dante/Trickster instead of the other characters. :/ Double so with the terrible camera placement.

BadWolf

Played four more missions with Lady, she is so freaking fun and a total beast. That damage.

Love the feedback her weapons give you, both when shooting and with how the enemies react, it feels like they got hit by a truck (even the ice dudes). She rips through all enemy types equally well so far.

The style of play they came up with her here is excellent, some people want her to be much faster or be able to snatch like Nero but imo that is very much unnecessary (it makes sense for those characters to be faster and stronger physically). The way she feels now is unique both in the game and the genre in general.

The only additions I would make for her are more unique moves, but that is of course best left for DMC5 (I will be REALLY bummed if she isn't playable there).

Imo she is also beginner friendly as long as you know the basics of dodging in DMC (with jumping) and shouldn't be too hard to learn for people who are more accustomed to shooters than action games.

Is this your first time playing any version of DMC4? Because I'm quite sure Proud Souls and Red Orbs carried over between Nero and Dante in vanilla DMC4.

We are just being grateful that they carry over between campaigns as well.

BadWolf

To the people saying that Lady feels low on mobility or it's tough for her to stay in someone's face, I can't say I agree.

Of course she can't stay there just meleeing like the others but she can stay there all day if you use her charge shots and other tools, I was standing in the face of two ice dudes and they couldn't do shit but get knocked down over and over, same with the Angelos.

The approach to her offense is different but that's about it. The only time I'm far away from the enemy is when I want to wait for a weapon to charge, aside from that I'm close by or in the air above.

Between jumping/rolling, two offensive defensive moves and invincible DT she is fine on the evasion front as well.

Kaleinc

Banned
I checked steam community thread and so far it seems:
- image is blurry due to some kind of post process, cannot be turned off
- no flexible resolution support which vanilla had - only shitty letterboxing
- fps tanked. 300 fps to 100, 60 to 20 etc
- random stuttering.

Another half assed port.

Carbonox

Asian version arrived from Play-Asia in like 2/3 days. That's efficient fucking service whereas I'm still waiting on the Batman Arkham Knight order from Amazon that was out for delivery YESTERDAY.

I know what I'll be playing today...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, Lady's grenade is invincible? I kept being hit out of it right after I tossed the grenades.

- random stuttering.

Another half assed port.

I wouldn't say half-assed outside of the post-process and resolution. That first one is just them throwing things in to try to make it look "modern"/updated graphics when it REALLY didn't need godrays/etc.

OniBaka

To the people saying that Lady feels low on mobility or it's tough for her to stay in someone's face, I can't say I agree.

Of course she can't stay there just meleeing like the others but she can stay there all day if you use her charge shots and other tools, I was standing in the face of two ice dudes and they couldn't do shit but get knocked down over and over, same with the Angelos.

The approach to her offense is different but that's about it. The only time I'm far away from the enemy is when I want to wait for a weapon to charge, aside from that I'm close by or in the air above.

Between jumping/rolling, two offensive defensive moves and invincible DT she is fine on the evasion front as well.
Pretty much, she is so fun to use.

- random stuttering.

Another half assed port.

Yeah, after how phenomenal DMC4's port was it's kind of amazing that this one is so poor. I hope it gets patched or fans find some way to fix it.

Pooya

Did AG develop the PC version?

DMC4 was in house by Capcom, those times their ports were fantastic. RE5 and LP2 too.

Dahbomb

You know, I'm really surprised Lady doesn't have a pull enemy towards you move.

She already has a grappling hook she uses to launch herself to other places. You'd think it'd be obvious.
That's because she doesn't actually want to be going into melee combat range.

Veelk

Banned
That's because she doesn't actually want to be going into melee combat range.
It'd be helpful for crowd control by separating an enemy from the pack, like Nero's snatched does. It'd be a beastly combination with the shotgun, which you do want to get in close with.

BadWolf

It'd be helpful for crowd control by separating an enemy from the pack, like Nero's snatched does. It'd be a beastly combination with the shotgun, which you do want to get in close with.

That ability is unique to Nero and should stay that way tbh, Snatch and Exceed are his thing.

ok...I must be missing something...

I keep trying to do one of Vergil's beginning Force Edge combos (sorry I can't think of the name right now) but it never works...you have to press YY then it says to tap Y after to do a combo that ends with what looks like a lot of hits in a row as you press but I can never get it to do the final multi hit part

ArjanN

- random stuttering.

Another half assed port.

Eh, it's not that bad. It's a bit heavier but you could max out the old game on a toaster.

Astral

What controls should I have for Lady? I have Nero's gun at R2 for the charge but Lady can also switch weapons. Does L2 also switch weapons? What about Vergil? Can he stay on default?

Top Bottom