• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

cj_iwakura

Are there multiple human party members in this? Can someone give me the battle party breakdown? It looks like six people in battle at once?

I was meaning to elaborate more on gameplay, but I couldn't find a proper spot for it. Maybe I'll revise it.

It's two humans, four demons.
The two humans are the MC and Nemissa, which never changes.

ohlawd

Are there multiple human party members in this? Can someone give me the battle party breakdown? It looks like six people in battle at once?

Looking at the gameplay trailer in the OP, it's two humans with two demons each, totaling four demons and six overall.

Busaiku

SPOOBY PLS
ANPspzY.png

Riposte

I skimmed through the OP twice and I still had to google what platform it will come out on and when it will be coming out.

EDIT: In other words, I think this OT needs to dumb it down a bit and lay out the basics cleanly, which is common form.

EDIT: I just remembered cj_iwakura is connected with HG101, and now I know why I dislike this OT so much.

cj_iwakura

Addendum:

A cool feature in early SMT games, which carried over into Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers, are sprites over pre-rendered backgrounds.

Here's some samples from OG Devil Summoner.

10.jpg

18.jpg

Oh hi, Victor.

25.jpg

Would you believe Soul Hackers has a cooler weapon shop than this?

28.jpg

It does.

vall03

My GUMP 3DS is ready! Really can't wait to finally play the game in English.

7iAyHdm.jpg

I'd also love to change my avatar, but I still want my twintail Fortress hehe

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
hmm should I get this, or by the time I get it the Overclocked Hacker edition will be out on the 4DS, with most of the game in 3D instead of 4D?

Nairume

Banned
Debating on whether to get a physical copy or digital.

One gets me the sweet ass OST.

The other lets me have the game with me at all times forever.

Busaiku

Honestly, I didn't think it was coming so soon.
Then again, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's been taking up a lot of my time, so I gotta get through Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon soon.

Korigama

One of my primary motivations for getting a 3DS. That said, this will have to wait a while until I'm able to buy it.

cj_iwakura

It's fully voiced, so it makes sense.

I can't wait to hear the shopkeepers, especially the artiste.

That dude is amazing.

5-6.png

I love how everyone gets their own portrait. Even NPCs on the street.

TurnipFritters said:
you honestly probably do not need the giant website screencaps for the character section.

I suppose not, but I like their aesthetics.

vall03

It is apparently ~14k blocks. (I think that comes out to like 1.8 GB?)

Yup, its around 1.8GB which is roughly 1.5x bigger than FE, I guess SMTIV will be the same. Thank god for cheap SD Cards, I bought a 32GB for this. I also hope Nintendo updates this in future to show actually memory instead of blocks.

Has everyone here not beaten Strange Journey? lol.

I beat it a few months after its release. I dont even remember it being difficult at all. And I find the hate for Eridanus to be weird, since I really don't remember having problems there.

Top Bottom