• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

I'll take Masahiro Sakurai.
http://i.imgur.com/3SQpPiW.png

Hackin' sulz for the lulz.

EDIT: Looks like someone already got it. I'll go with another one. Finnegan looks alright:
yg2F9A4.png

Has everyone here not beaten Strange Journey? lol.
I got my copy in November 2011, and I was in the middle of my first SMT1&2 playthroughs at the time. I beat SMT1&2, but only made it as far as the start of Sector Carina (I think?) before I got burned out. Working on it now though!

Hey does anyone know about the streetpass demons, like how much do each of em cost with play coins and what are the ones that aren't on the site are?

Aeana

Soul Hackers is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm really, really happy that people will finally get to play it. And I'm really excited to try the 3DS version, finally.

Don't know why most of the screens in the OP are from the original version, though.

cj_iwakura

Soul Hackers is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm really, really happy that people will finally get to play it. And I'm really excited to try the 3DS version, finally.

Don't know why most of the screens in the OP are from the original version, though.

I had more original screens lying around, couldn't find too many US ones.

cj_iwakura

Is that all? So I guess get all treasures or whatever, then leave? Any sidequests pertaining to the dungeons?

Not to my knowledge. Any demons that were in a dungeon can be found in a massive dungeon that has demons from everywhere in the game.

Sort of like P2's Factory.

Is that all? So I guess get all treasures or whatever, then leave? Any sidequests pertaining to the dungeons?

I'm pretty sure there are missable sidequests too... just make sure you check the Summoner's Network BBS and talk to Mary after every dungeon and you should be fine.

cluderi

I had no idea Strange Journey existed until I read a thread here a week ago. It turned up in my mail shortly after, should I play it before this?

Soriku

OK thanks.

As for SJ I went Chaos so I never fought Mem Aleph. But I had an uber party by the end (that I bought, lolz) so I doubt I would've had much trouble. I killed the Chaos final boss in 3 hits...

Labrys

Has everyone here not beaten Strange Journey? lol.

...yeah. It's pretty high up on my backlog, though!

This snuck up on me, though! I've had it pre-ordered since it was announced, wasn't really expecting it for another month or so.

Clov

I had half of Eradinus done.
Then I realized I chose Law Path.
I was like "lol nope" and have not played since...
Should I return to it?

There's an easy way in SJ to manipulate alignment, so if you want to adjust your course it wouldn't be that hard.

I personally enjoyed SJ, even though it was maddening at times. So I'd say you should finish it at some point.

Riposte

What makes it special compared to the countless other SMT titles? Personally, I'm more inclined to play Overlocked 2 because I prefer SRPGs (wait, I didn't just make that up right? That is coming?)

cj_iwakura

What makes it special compared to the countless other SMT titles? Personally, I'm more inclined to play Overlocked 2 because I prefer SRPGs (wait, I didn't just make that up right? That is coming?)

I'd say the cyberpunk atmosphere myself. It's a little old-school SMT, a little Shadowrun, a little
The Last of the Mohicans
, etc.

By the way, I should probably put your warning in the OP...

Called "Break Code", yeah, it's coming. Sometime this summer I believe.

Soriku

I had half of Eradinus done.
Then I realized I chose Law Path.
I was like "lol nope" and have not played since...
Should I return to it?

You can switch alignments before Sector H. Go to Antlia's Faerie encampment (you have to do a few quests beforehand) and there'll be a Goblin. Repeatedly talk to him and see if you get two questions. The answers to shift your alignment are:

Q1. Watch (neutral)and Help (Law)
Q2. Good for you (Neutral) and Hand it over (Chaos)

Weiss

Banned
Great OP, cj.

I am so hyped for this, but Amazon is being lame, so my copy ships on the 19th and won't be arriving for nearly two weeks afterwards.

yoink!
OBlLdLY.png

cjkeats

Battle system sounds less reliant on demons? Either way, I like the way the party works, no worrying about underleveling some. Does this have multiple difficulties? An easy mode or anything less grindy?

...yeah. It's pretty high up on my backlog, though!

This snuck up on me, though! I've had it pre-ordered since it was announced, wasn't really expecting it for another month or so.

Bro-fist for that HTT Aigis avatar.

This looks interesting, though I'm not much of a SMT guy. I'll probably hold off for a while. I assume this'll be on the eShop so I don't have to worry about physical copies disappearing into the ether.

I will definitely be picking up IV this Summer, though.

cj_iwakura

This looks interesting, though I'm not much of a SMT guy. I'll probably hold off for a while. I assume this'll be on the eShop so I don't have to worry about physical copies disappearing into the ether.

Yep. Huge game, though.

It's guaranteed to bomb. And then everybody who didn't buy it is getting banned forever.

There we go.

Everyone, to avoid bannings, let's all buy Soul Hackers.
(I don't expect anyone to remember what this is from)

So ready for this. I never thought this would get a US release so I read a let's play of it years ago, kinda wish I didn't. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Volcynika

I'll probably stream it when I get it, and show off my terrible-ness.

Yes it's legit, and it was exxxxxxxxxxpensive

Nairume

Banned
I guess I don't need to worry about nabbing a Soul Hackers avatar since I already have Hi-Holiday Frost locked and loaded.

Always get SMT games with a box because they look awesome on your shelf.

*not my picture

They all do look awesome together, but I'm also considering the possibility of downsizing my collection, so I still am only considering the physical copy for the OST (I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the P4 and P4A CDs).

Buuuut always having the game with me at all times while also having the game slot free for other games would be great, too.

Top Bottom