• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexerto's top 100 games of all time

Elden ring and RDR2 as the top 2.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m just glad the #1 isn’t Mario 64 or Tetris.

Otherwise I don’t really care. The point of these lists is to rile people up and get everyone to click/“engage” about exactly what they disagree with.

Hudo

The irrational hate and rage people pump into their keyboards when their favorite games don't line up the same on someone else's list will never not be fucking forum gold.
GAF pivoting away from console wars to list wars is actually something I'd welcome.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member

Not a single "sports" game. Not saying there are many good ones but they are usually overlooked in these rankings. Not WWF but I could name the original Tony Hawk, NBA Jam, International Super Star Soccer Deluxe and PES6 if we are talking about highly ranked and/or influential. The fact that it's missing Street Fighter 2 (or any of its variants) and it's pretty weak in terms of beat'em ups and shoot'em ups means it's console-centric as well. But agreed, it's miles ahead of the original list, that one is basically a list of games played by influencers and streamers since Justin TV/Twitch started.

Last edited:

Hudo

Not a single "sports" game. Not saying there are many good ones but they are usually overlooked in these rankings. Not WWF but I could name the original Tony Hawk, NBA Jam, International Super Star Soccer Deluxe and PES6 if we are talking about highly ranked and/or influential. The fact that it's missing Street Fighter 2 (or any of its variants) and it's pretty weak in terms of beat'em ups and shoot'em ups means it's console-centric as well. But agreed, it's miles ahead of the original list, that one is basically a list of games played by influencers and streamers since Justin TV/Twitch started.
Huh. You're right. I am not a sports game guy myself, so I hadn't noticed. But you raise a good point.

Lupin25

Some would say we’re biased. I’d say we have the correct fucking opinion. You had to be there. Everyone who was young when Mario 64 and OOT came out understands we have been chasing that high for decades. Only to get pieces of it here and there. I have played the greats of the modern generation and loved them, still not even close. You’ll get crumbs of it here and there, Witcher 3, VR half life, they come close but the novelty and newness only goes so far, OOT and Mario 64 are just better

They are ignorant of the truth, we are akin to WW2 vets, the greatest generation. Our knowledge is deep like Gandalf. I don’t blame them, they can’t possibly understand.

I’m 28 & I’ve played all of those games. So have my friends. Don’t know what this list is about, but it’s missing a lot. Majora’s Mask is almost just as good as OOT lol.

Depends.

I'd say Mass Effect 1 is a better Star Trek game than Mass Effect 2. But Mass Effect 2 is a better Star Wars game than Mass Effect 2.
I prefer ME 1 over 2 because it's more of a Sci-Fi RPG. Both are excellent, but I prefer the tone and gameplay of 1 more.

Top Bottom