• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
I'm on my knees right now.

I'm begging that D3GAF will become successful. A community - ... no, a family! A family that I can trust. A family I can share my problems with. A family that loves.
I am here for you, and for everyone else. We must unite as one.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Two things:

1) The link is broken now :-/
2) I do no have a folder called 'ProgramData' inside my C:/. I didn't find a b.net folder inside Program Files or Programs Files x86 (I'm running Windows 7. Anyone know where to find the files I need to delete?

Its a hidden folder.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What about experience gained? Will there be a /players command for those of us that like to solo but want more of a challenge and more experience gained?

Anybody know this? If Diablo III lacks a /players command, I will be pretty disappointed.

bogg

Two things:

1) The link is broken now :-/
2) I do no have a folder called 'ProgramData' inside my C:/. I didn't find a b.net folder inside Program Files or Programs Files x86 (I'm running Windows 7. Anyone know where to find the files I need to delete?

Use the search to find the battle.net folder in your OS drive, I'm pretty sure ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Difficulty info should probably be added to OP. it gets asked like twice a page.

It is in there, though not explained exactly explicitly. (Under Replayability.)

And for any questions in general: Read the OP before posting.

It contains most everything you need to know.

I also updated it maybe a half hour ago (as I've been catching up on this thread) with the EU installer stuff.

Sothpaw

Looking through the gear on the official site, I don't see any "unique" items. Are legendary items the unique items now?

So is it:
Normal
Magic
Rare
Set/Legendary

?

hitsugi

What about experience gained? Will there be a /players command for those of us that like to solo but want more of a challenge and more experience gained?

No experience change. This was actually a very smart move as many people in D2 would just load 8 player private games for the experience and... eventually it was rather difficult to find active games (if you weren't joining bot games or played Classic HC)

IceMarker

Looking through the gear on the official site, I don't see any "unique" items. Are legendary items the unique items now?
Normal
Magic
Rare
Set
Legendary

Yes, and the reason they're not called unique anymore is because they actually have a few random attributes now, where as uniques had all set stats and attributes, according to the very few item spoilers I've witnessed from the Brady Guide.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No experience change. This was actually a very smart move as many people in D2 would just load 8 player private games for the experience and... eventually it was rather difficult to find active games (if you weren't joining bot games or played Classic HC)

I like this. I like this very much.

I am also seeing that you can actually pause the game if you are alone? That is a good thing too.

Sophia

I like this. I like this very much.

I am also seeing that you can actually pause the game if you are alone? That is a good thing too.

Yeah you could pause the game if you were solo by hitting escape in the beta. The game outright warns you when hitting escape un a multiplayer game that it is NOT paused.

Sothpaw

Yes, and the reason they're not called unique anymore is because they actually have a few random attributes now, where as uniques had all set stats and attributes, according to the very few item spoilers I've witnessed from the Brady Guide.

Ah that makes sense. Much better to have random properties.

injurai

Banned
The wait for D3 is making me more responsible about things. Other than this thread I have stopped caring about other forms of entertainment. Now I'm getting stuff done around the house. It feels weird, I fear that I will regress come launch.

TheYanger

Changing the Mana to different names for different characters is kind of stupid.

Not only is it better flavor as mentioned, but you realize that ONLY the witch doctor functionally has it the same as D2 mana right? and for that reason, he still has....MANA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom