• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi for Diablo GAF president! Good stuff, I still had folders left from the beta.
HOLD OUT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! THAT NIGHT, IT WILL RAIN UPON US BUT WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH FIRE AND STORM BEFORE. STAY STRONG!

-the great Yoshichan
xjNY2.jpg

Just watched all the CG-cutscenes.

Gatdamn.

Couldn't wait until my CE arrives. Not disappointed :)

Pretty good spoiler weekend for me. A bit of Max Payne, a bit of Diablo. My mind is happy.

LordCanti

Multishot being 20 hatred with the rune means that it's not horribly more expensive than rapid fire, but I'm not sure I'd use it yet at that level. Rapid is 220% as physical (compared to 165), or fire with the withering fire rune which also reduces the initial cost to 5. You could caltrops and then sit behind them and pretty much clean up that way. Multi might be better for mobs, but it's a high price to pay for the reduced damage potentially.

Unless multi pierces, in which case the damage multiplier gets intense pretty quick.

Changing the Mana to different names for different characters is kind of stupid.

What everyone above me says + the mechanics are different per class too, for example the barbarian's fury has to be built up and depletes when he's out of action. Demon Hunter has two resource pools, one for defensive abilities and one for offensive.

LProtag

Do you think for a Demon Hunter it's possible to have Entangling Shot as your only primary attack? It's pretty underpowered compared to the rest of them, but if I go DH I'm going for massive slowdown.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFXII nice!

Yoshi I think you just brought us to the culminating point of this thread. <3 much love for everyone in here
That's the best part... we're not even half way through this party!

Explain yourself.

Pre-order allocation all of the place. People who pre-ordered in 2010 being told the game is out of stock and they won't receive it, while people who pre-ordered after that are/have received it.

Sadly seems to follow a trend of those who got it at sub £25 are being 'missed' out of allocations.

Following on from your email, I'm sorry to hear of your concern regarding your pre-order for Diablo III. As you may already be aware, due to limited stock world-wide, some customers orders may be delayed in dispatching. All customers affected have been updated via mass-mail.

Please note that if you have not received an email from us advising you of the delay, then the order is not affected and you will receive your order by the delivery dates shown in your account.

scy

Multishot being 20 with the rune means that it's not horribly more expensive than rapid fire, but I'm not sure I'd use it yet at that level. Rapid is 220% as physical, or fire with the withering fire rune which also reduces the initial cost to 5. You could caltrops and then sit behind them and pretty much clean up that way. Multi might be better for mobs, but it's a high price to pay for the reduced damage potentially.

Unless multi pierces, in which case the damage multiplier gets pretty intense pretty quick.

The thought behind Multishot vs Rapid Fire is net damage per time. Generate a lot of Hatred and then spam to spend it fast. Basically spamming attacks as fast as possible since they lack a cooldown.

Though, I loved Rapid Fire in the beta just for the satisfying stream of attacks so dunno. I originally had a Caltrop/RF design but figured by 30 I could do some good Hatred generation for attack spam. Not sure if it's quite as useful as the idea behind the Level 60 Monk build I'm planning.

I do kinda wish there was some form of resource potions (or really just any other potions/consumables besides health potions), though there are the passives that do give resources when picking up health orbs.

I just want them for the hilarity that is the idea of a Hatred Potion.

LordCanti

Pre-order allocation all of the place. People who pre-ordered in 2010 being told the game is out of stock and they won't receive it, while people who pre-ordered after that are/have received it.

Sadly seems to follow a trend of those who got it at sub £25 are being 'missed' out of allocations.

That's Amazon UK though, isn't it?

Raide

I do kinda wish there was some form of resource potions (or really just any other potions/consumables besides health potions), though there are the passives that do give resources when picking up health orbs.

I am guessing once you hit 60+gear, I am not sure resources will be a massive issue if you spec right. Resource drops are an interesting idea though.

chris-013

Multishot being 20 hatred with the rune means that it's not horribly more expensive than rapid fire, but I'm not sure I'd use it yet at that level. Rapid is 220% as physical (compared to 165), or fire with the withering fire rune which also reduces the initial cost to 5. You could caltrops and then sit behind them and pretty much clean up that way. Multi might be better for mobs, but it's a high price to pay for the reduced damage potentially.

Unless multi pierces, in which case the damage multiplier gets intense pretty quick.

I think multi pierce... We will know soon. ;P
Anyway, one of the first build I will try at lv30 : Demon Hunter
Massive hatred regen !

maharg

idspispopd

I got an item in the beta that added resource replenish to the health orb, so you should be able to get it without a passive slot used up.

LordCanti

I think multi pierce... We know soon. ;P
Anyway my build at lv30 : Demon Hunter

It should pierce and go all the way to the end of the map. It would be the DH answer to the Wizard's disintegrate.

Yes, sorry.

I checked my order with the speed and ferocity of an angry God. I do feel for you though. Maybe you can guilt Amazon into a credit that basically covers the difference, and buy it from somewhere else.

Gav47

Wow, that's some bullshit, I had an order from Aug 2010, glad I switched over to the CE when it was available.

UberTag

Do you think for a Demon Hunter it's possible to have Entangling Shot as your only primary attack? It's pretty underpowered compared to the rest of them, but if I go DH I'm going for massive slowdown.
I think that's fine so long as you go all out with it and adopt a Cull the Weak-Steady Aim passive build.
And then supplement Entangling Shot, with other "slow" focused skills like the Caltrops line, the Fan of Knives line, Frost Arrow, Web Shot and Spider Companion.

You'd also want Tumble and Tactical Advantage in place to get out of scrapes due to the lack of a heavy hitting primary. And no clue whether this mindset will hold up at higher difficulties.

Gowans

So happy I got my copy today, I'll be sitting by my comp at 11pm on Mon night gutted that ge servers are being crippled with everyone lee ;) can't wait!!!!

Yoshichan

Grats to whoever finds a way to make these two days go faster (with Torchlight 2 beta) :3

LordCanti

So happy I got my copy today, I'll be sitting by my comp at 11pm on Mon night gutted that ge servers are being crippled with everyone lee ;) can't wait!!!!

So...about those guest passes...

97rPb.jpg

Rrrraahhh I hate Amazon so much for not shipping CE's early. Also Blizzard. Also myself for ordering CE.

Drame

This thread is moving at light speed, phew.

Decided to download my pre-purchased digital copy, but the downloader doesn't start at all.

Any tips? Task management shows that Blizzard Downloader is running, but I'm totally sure it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom