• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedIC86

Holy shit, I totally forgot I still have that poster and the WWI '08 one in their carton tube. I didn't get mine signed though:(, missed out on the signing. I need to buy me a frame to hang it on my wall.

Thanks for reminding me.

haha good to see im not alone xD

Anyway is there still a way to get a CE in europe? i already bought the digital version but i really want the wings fuuu

theta11

On 14th, trying to add your key :

404bliz.jpg

Then at 12 pm :

Diablo-III-Error37-error-37-beta-test.jpg

Then at 2 am :

1.png

:D

I'd have to say I've been an overall patient person throughout this whole week but I'm pretty confident I would have a meltdown if this happened.

Suairyu

Banned
Diablo II and expansion fully finished. Act V was also quite good. So that makes 2 good acts in Diablo II total. lol.

Ending was a bit anticlimactic, though.

Lyonaz

haha good to see im not alone xD

Anyway is there still a way to get a CE in europe? i already bought the digital version but i really want the wings fuuu

Well according to Mediamarkt here in the Netherlands they will get plenty of stock. And if it's anything like Starcraft 2 CE, you can just walk in and buy one.

MedIC86

Well according to Mediamarkt here in the Netherlands they will get plenty of stock. And if it's anything like Starcraft 2 CE, you can just walk in and buy one.

I'm in the Netherlands do you know what store? the closest for me is Arnhem i guess...but i dont know if i can get there for a midnight launch

I canceled my CE from amazon just now. I changing my address and it delayed it by 2 days after release...I can't wait 2 WHOLE days. So I went ahead and ordered the D3: SE and Max Payne 3 + 10 dollar credit.

So there might be a CE available on amazon, keep a look out.

GAF - TheExecutive
Battletag - TheExecutive#1191
Region - North America
Class - Undecided

I am a noob to diablo but not the genre. All of my friends that are going to be playing this game work the night shift and therefore completely screw me over. Willing to fill gaps in classes as I will be making characters in all classes and what do I know anyway?

Would love to play with a bunch of you guys if you are willing!

Suairyu

Banned
Dumb question, but will the game have cutscenes? Not the CG stuff. Or is that it and the quests being the story teller?
There are cutscenes. Some of them are unskippable, some of them occur Half-Life style where you can walk straight past them. The storytelling in the first three hours of Diablo III is better than all of D1 and D2 combined, D2's CG aside.

Raide

Slowdown will certainly assist the thousands of super fast attack speed Monks that will be out there.

There will be some cool class dynamics going on. The Monk + Wiz combo sounds pretty awesome but I am sure all the classes will have things that help the other classes.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Will the final version have any graphical settings we haven't seen yet? Some of the screens lack fidelity.

The characters are supposed to have more polys than SCII characters by a great margin correct?

scy

There will be some cool class dynamics going on. The Monk + Wiz combo sounds pretty awesome but I am sure all the classes will have things that help the other classes.

Yeah, the synergy here seems amazing just through the trees. Looking forward to the Monk/Wizard duo I'll be doing.

Lyonaz

I'm in the Netherlands do you know what store? the closest for me is Arnhem i guess...but i dont know if i can get there for a midnight launch

I asked the one in Den Haag, but I'm going to the midnight launch event in Rotterdam. Gamekings announced they will have the largest stock of CEs for that event. I'm hoping for some cool swag and one CE.

Xanathus

Welp, I just spoiled myself to ALL the CG movies in the game (they've been uploaded on the internets) which contains effectively the entire plot of the game. I... don't know how I feel about this.

Will the final version have any graphical settings we haven't seen yet? Some of the screens lack fidelity.

The characters are supposed to have more polys than SCII characters by a great margin correct?

Supposedly, but your probably just going to want to use the sharpen mod.

scy

Welp, I just spoiled myself to ALL the CG movies in the game (they've been uploaded on the internets) which contains effectively the entire plot of the game. I... don't know how I feel about this.

...avatar quote? Not avatar quote?

Edit: Though, not actually looking for an answer!

Raide

Yeah, the synergy here seems amazing just through the trees. Looking forward to the Monk/Wizard duo I'll be doing.

Something that Blizzard seems to be doing really well. So many other games tend to have solo skills and just make them MP. Interesting to see Blizzard actively make the classes work with each other for bonus attacks and benefits.

Will be fun to see what the most favourite combo ends up being.

scy

Something that Blizzard seems to be doing really well. So many other games tend to have solo skills and just make them MP. Interesting to see Blizzard actively make the classes work with each other for bonus attacks and benefits.

Will be fun to see what the most favourite combo ends up being.

Yup. It'll be good to see how builds evolve just based off group make-up and group builds.

zethren

Banned
Posting for a new page. I know I'm not being super specific by not posting the specs, but I'd appreciate any helpful insight. Thanks gents.

So I have a desktop that is totally capable of running Diablo III, but I'm going to be in a position over the next few months to where I'll only be able to have my laptop with me.

I don't know it's specs as its not currently with me at this moment, but it's a Dell Inspiron from late 2009. I know Blizzard games can usually run on lower end PCs, but does anyone have any idea if I'll be able to play D3 on this thing? Really don't want to wait another few months to play the game...

Raide

Posting for a new page. I know I'm not being super specific by not posting the specs, but I'd appreciate any helpful insight. Thanks gents.

So I have a desktop that is totally capable of running Diablo III, but I'm going to be in a position over the next few months to where I'll only be able to have my laptop with me.

I don't know it's specs as its not currently with me at this moment, but it's a Dell Inspiron from late 2009. I know Blizzard games can usually run on lower end PCs, but does anyone have any idea if I'll be able to play D3 on this thing? Really don't want to wait another few months to play the game...

Model number? We can give you more information if we know the exact spec.

We'd need the specs dude. But a general guess I'll make as my mom had been using something similar is that the game may launch but it won't be enjoyable. We'd need specs to know for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

lordy88

Are you speaking about the items on the official site? They are very place holder-y. Not to mention that D3 will have an expansion in the pipe which will add loads of items - LoD was an expansion so comparing D2 + LoD to baseline D3 is not completely fair.

Jay Wilson came out and essentially said that the ones on the site (and the brady games guide) are the ones for launch. (Source)

I understand there will be an expansion, but I see that as a bit of an excuse. This game is about loot whoring for me personally, so why hold that back?

IMPORTANT INFO!

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!

And this!

Yoshi for Diablo GAF president! Good stuff, I still had folders left from the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom