• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

Thing is, once D3 hits no one will be posting.
(

Diablo is on PC, you can just ALT+TAB out check the OT, or if you have dual monitors keep it open and play at the same time, but I do agree everyone will be too busy playing for a while.

Also, saw a Diablo ad at the top of the page. THE END IS NEAR

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's gonna snap this time you think? Wrist? Arm?

...Tongue?!
This is a land, filled with tretures traps and demons that could eat you alive... who knows what'll happen to me :_:

7tQ88.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Audίoboxer;37807308 said:
I'm going to be playing Diablo for the first time with 3, and so is my fiancée. She is playing a sorcerer (always plays magic based chars), so it's up to me to pick my class.

I thought a barbarian would be good to add some melee damage and shielding for her.

Would it really matter though? Or can I pretty much play any class?
From what I've heard and seen you can play anything. Stuff like tanking and such roles aren't really necessary until the later difficulties from what I understand.

Also reposting this in case some people missed:
What lore exists about Tyrael? All I know is he inspired the creation of the Horadrim.

How come he's the only angel that is allowed to affect things in Sanctuary?

We've never seen any other angels have direct influence on the world besides him so I'm curious what makes him special.

Tacitus_

I havent plyed WoW or Starcraft so is an authenticator absolutely necessary?

I dont have a smartphone either, so how can I get this thing here in Brazil? And how much does it cost?

I ask you cause you seen to know everything bout this game. xD

Thanks in advance Yoshi.

PS - Im playing a male Barb. Why you chose female barb?

Some people who are up to no good are strolling through lists of known accounts and trying passwords on them. It is recommended to get one. You might be able to order one from Blizzard, I'm not sure if they ship to Brazil. The authenticator itself is cheap (6$), but shipping costs might be a bit more.

What lore exists about Tyrael? All I know is he inspired the creation of the Horadrim.

We've never seen any other angels have direct influence on the world besides him so I'm curious what makes him special.

Tyrael is the Archangel of Justice and he is a part of the Angiris council, the ruling body of the High Heavens.
Technically he isn't allowed to interfere on Sanctuary, but he does it anyway since he sees potential in humans and doesn't want the Burning Hells to go on a rampage on Sanctuary. He created the Horadrim before Diablo 1 after the three Prime Evils were "banished" to Sanctuary and the Horadrim captured the Prime Evils in Soulstones, shards of the World Stone.
The Angiris council voted on whether to destroy the Sanctuary way back in the history of Sanctuary (1 abstained, two voted against, Imperius voted for the destruction and Tyrael was the only one who was still deciding - a tie would've ended in destruction. After he saw the self sacrifice of one of the humans, he decided to vote against destruction of the Sanctuary and has watched over it since.

Einbroch

Banned
Another game with classes, another paralyzing decision.

Brothers are going DH and Barbarian, so those are out. This is going to be SWToR all over again. Seven level 15 characters, eventually quit due to boredom.

FinKL

To those who had beta. Seems like my beta client in the account management has been changed to starter edition, any idea what's that about? Fearing for my "One of the Chosen"-feat since it states that account should beta client attached to it in order to get the feat. :p

I have the Starter Edition as well, but I don't think I've read confirmation we'll be able to play at midnight. I did see a statement saying Starter Editions are only available after 30 days but who knows, maybe the Starter Edition on our accounts now is the way for them to flag the "feat"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Enjoying your hammers, friend ♥?
YES! People get hacked left and right nowadays, you don't want to risk losing your account!
so how can I get this thing here in Brazil? And how much does it cost?
I am almost positive that they ship to Brazil as-well! Check www.battle.net for prices and other details~
This is a question you should ask zlatko! Zlatko, you got an answer for this man?

I dont have a smartphone either, so how can I get this thing here in Brazil? And how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance Yoshi.

If you have a smartphone, there is no reason not to get the free authenticator app. It's peace of mind, and it'll only ask you for your key about once a week anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've seen far too many WoW accounts bled dry of gear and gold to recommend not getting an authenticator.

Your blizzard account should ALWAYS have an authenticator. Hell, my account was broken into, and the only thing that saved me was that my WoW account was frozen at the time.

Some people who are up to no good are strolling through lists of known accounts and trying passwords on them. It is recommended to get one. You might be able to order one from Blizzard, I'm not sure if they ship to Brazil. The authenticator itself is cheap (6$), but shipping costs might be a bit more.

Enjoying your hammers, friend ♥?

YES! People get hacked left and right nowadays, you don't want to risk losing your account!

I am almost positive that they ship to Brazil as-well! Check www.battle.net for prices and other details~

This is a question you should ask zlatko! Zlatko, you got an answer for this man?

Thanks to both for the replies. Will look into it.

Gotchaye

I have the Starter Edition as well, but I don't think I've read confirmation we'll be able to play at midnight. I did see a statement saying Starter Editions are only available after 30 days but who knows, maybe the Starter Edition on our accounts now is the way for them to flag the "feat"

I was in the beta, and preordered the digital version, and I now only see the Standard edition in my account; there's no Starter.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They did one with WoW, so I cannot see why they won't do a D3 one.

I really hope they do the same thing as the WoW one and make it part of a larger app with character profiles and item lookup.

In fact, I just need a Diablo 3 item lookup app. That would save me so much alt tabbing.

NH Apache

Banned
I really hope Blizz releases an AH phone app so I can be selling and buying always.
Oh man that would be awesome.

I'm so excited to shoot a shitload of rockets all over the place with my DH. Shivers

Im actually making a new desk right now so I have some extra space and the right comfy height. Waiting for the polyurethane to dry now. So excited!

Yoshichan

That is so full of win. Also I can see me over there in the corner! And here I thought that I slowed down my posting so much that people would forget about me. <3
Forget?! I will never forget my two best soldiers, profit (blue barbarian) and FrontalMonk (red barbarian)! You two duel in my dreams all night long :3

scy

Thanks in advance Yoshi.

WoW was just hit with a lot of hackers due to the value of accounts (be it just the account itself or stuff on the account). So, authenticators are an extra form of security that protects your account.

You can either buy a keyfob for $6.50 or use the dial-in option (at least, I assume you can use that for the non-US).

Yoshichan

Sweet, im in the Yoshi picture.
When I first saw you Kinggi, you were but a mere child... but I saw potential. You are in my army because you stood up for yourself and became STRONG!
Why am I not in the picture Yoshi? :(
So many Diablo-avatars, it gets even (the best of all) Yoshis confused! :_:

Raide

When I first saw you Kinggi, you were but a mere child... but I saw potential. You are in my army because you stood up for yourself and became STRONG!

So many Diablo-avatars, it gets even the best of all Yoshis confused! :_:

We will fashion him into a spear of epic proportions!

Audioboxer

Basically. I'd suggest not rolling a Wizard as well just so you can give her any INT loot and she can give you any STR (Barb) or DEX (Monk, Demon Hunter) loot. But that's a minor, minor thing so just pick what you want, really.

Ahh interesting to know, for whatever reason I thought I read somewhere that loot drops are tailored to players in co-op - Players will basically all get their own individual loot drops from enemies. Must of dreamed that haha.

I can see how it would be minor however, but it is one less headache for us to be constantly trading gear and deciding who's turn it is for the new loot.

You can play whatever you want on Normal, I'm sure, but a melee and ranged team is always a good combo.

Makes sense!

99%

I really hope they do the same thing as the WoW one and make it part of a larger app with character profiles and item lookup.

In fact, I just need a Diablo 3 item lookup app. That would save me so much alt tabbing.

Would be sweet yeah :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also reposting this in case some people missed:

Tyreal is the Archangel of Justice. One of the members of Heaven's most powerful angels, the Angiris Council. He's the one that gave the soulstones to the Horadrim.

The fact that he's the only one that helps humans is because he's pretty much the only one that wants to. Humanity is actually the illegitimate spawn of both angels and demons, and so many angels actually want to see humanity destroyed (like Imperius). They perceive us as a threat. Tyreal is essentially alone in how far he's willing to go to protect humanity.

thetrin

Would be sweet yeah :)

I've been impressed with what they did with the WoW app, so it would be surprising if one didn't appear for Diablo 3 at some point.

Tacitus_

Aud&#943;oboxer;37807615 said:
Ahh interesting to know, for whatever reason I thought I read somewhere that loot drops are tailored to players in co-op - Players will basically all get their own individual loot drops from enemies. Must of dreamed that haha.

I can see how it would be minor however, but it is one less headache for us to be constantly trading gear and deciding who's turn it is for the new loot.

You get individual loot in the sense that no one can ninja your drops. Doesn't mean that you'll get loot for your class, however.

Kiraly

Tyreal is the Archangel of Justice. One of the members of Heaven's most powerful angels, the Angiris Council. He's the one that gave the soulstones to the Horadrim.

The fact that he's the only one that helps humans is because he's pretty much the only one that wants to. Humanity is actually the spawn of both angels and demons, and so many angels actually want to see humanity destroyed (like Imperius). They perceive us as a threat. Tyreal is essentially alone in how far he's willing to go to protect humanity.

ZealousD, I've got to thank you for your youtube Diablo playthrough! It was a very good watch to brush up my memories. :)

Tripwood

I plan on making a Demon Hunter that idolizes Archangel Tyrael. Bringing swift Justice down upon the demons of Sanctuary. I just need to check out some of the builds and skill sets. I didn't get into the beta so I want to know a few tips and tricks before I jump in.

Also is there much lore about Tyrael? All I know is he inspired the creation of the Horadrim.

Moved by the sacrifice of Uldyssian (most powerful Nephalem/human) he sees that humans possess the ability to make their own decisions and have a great capacity for compassion as well as will to fight. His new found interest in the humans leads him to pay close attention to Sanctuary and setting up a task force to hunt down the Three Primes when he sees that they have a plan of their own with the newly found world.

In short, he's the only one who gave a damn about Sanctuary. The rest of the archangels didn't care much about the fate of Nephalem (especially Imperius who kinda wanted to just wipe them all out).

So, yes there is lore about him, Book if Cain is a great read to get you into the whole universe. Also diablo wiki has lots of info as well.

EDIT: Beaten :p

Yoshichan

That wallpaper is so sick injurai, holy crap!

Yoshichan

I had been saving it for months just for this week. I think someone over on r/diablo made it, but I can't remember.
Do we know if that's actually the final design they went with for the actual Diablo-character? I remember seeing a bunch of different "prototype"-Diablos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom