• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Why aren't more americans sleeping! That was the plan!

azZHW.gif

Ploid 3.0

pro-tip: you can cut and paste yr password

I did, and got to naming my character, then after naming it I get a error. I type out the password in the email box to be sure. You can't seem to type it elsewhere (in this box for example) then copy and paste it in the diablo menu.

UberTag

pro-tip: you can cut and paste yr password
The fun part to that is that the flashing cursor moves back and forth between the Account Name and Password fields at random after each E37 response.

That's the main reason streamers keep pasting their passwords accidentally into their broadcasts. The floating cursor sabotages efforts to get a steady cut-paste rhythm going.

Grampasso

Just keep trying guys. On euro side all went smooth after an hour of tries logging in. As soon as I managed to enter the game I was able to play for 2 hours without any disconnection.

KEEP TRYIN'!

Well, I've read a few papers about it. Not having control over the hardware doesn't matter when there's enough of it. When something goes wrong, just rent more instances. It's slower per-node? Rent more instances. It may be more expensive moment-to-moment, but cheaper in the long run. And it will handle huge demand spikes -- clearly unlike their current system.

In fact, I'm almost certain it will happen, whether it's 2 or 10 years from now.

10 years from now, maybe. I'm not saying it's impossible from a theoretical standpoint, just that with the current state of the cloud, it's infeasible.

Not having control over the hardware matters, for example, when your entire data center goes down. Amazon cloud has some very notable examples of this that have occurred just over the past year, and the people renting space with them had absolutely no recourse and could do nothing but wait. This it not a position you want to be in, and ultimately the risk just isn't acceptable.

tch

The fun part to that is that the flashing cursor moves back and forth between the Account Name and Password fields at random after each E37 response.

That's the main reason streamers keep pasting their passwords accidentally into their broadcasts. The floating cursor sabotages efforts to get a steady cut-paste rhythm going.

I FUCKING HATE THIS

WHY DOES THE CURSOR RANDOMLY FUCKING CHANGE BOXES

RRRRRAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE

Getting bonus round error 3005 now.

3005 means you're trying again too fast. After it times out during hero creation, wait long enough and you'll get a SECOND timeout. You can't try again until you get the second timeout. So just wait during that time, even though it's tempting to click the button.

Fou-Lu

My partner skipped out, she has work AND school tomorrow, curse you to hell Blizzard! You don't mess with a date killing demons on Diablo 3 release night.

scoobs

new error. perfect. Blizzard can suck the fattest dick that ever existed. What the fuck did they think was going to happen?

Cipherr

I just beat the Skeleton King on my first run. Level 9. Game runs smooth as butter.

Edit: Wow people still cannot get in? Its not even lagging in game or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom