• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU seems fine, managed to log in, create character and play no problem.

Guest Pass seems a bit pointless. Give it to your mate, but they have to play alone.

The buzz for D3 was gonna happen no matter what.

Errors just make people on the fence wait and piss off the people who already gave you money

Durante

That's actually a terrible idea. You can't run the servers of a game like this on the cloud. For one thing, you don't have control over the hardware. And you don't have your own people in charge of fixing things when something goes wrong. Also, it's slower.

Source: Someone who has evaluated the use of cloud based infrastructure for an online game.
Well, I've read a few papers about it. Not having control over the hardware doesn't matter when there's enough of it. When something goes wrong, just rent more instances. It's slower per-node? Rent more instances. It may be more expensive moment-to-moment, but cheaper in the long run. And it will handle huge demand spikes -- clearly unlike their current system.

In fact, I'm almost certain it will happen, whether it's 2 or 10 years from now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Success!

diabloiii2012-05-1516idufk.jpg

My review of the 1st 50 miinutes. Graphics: 6.5/10 Rocks look great, but the two crows could use a bit more detail

Sound: 8/10 Crows, Flies and air flow sound really great, almost like im surrounded by a swamp late at night.

Replay Value: 10/10 I've been trying to solve the first puzzle on the main screen for awhile now, I could really sit here all night, frustrating but very enjoyable.

Best review ever.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I feel sorry for those wasting money and bandwidth by streaming this right now lol.

There is something eerily entertaining about watching someone slowly break down live on stream, i dont claim to be a good person for watching :eek:

so heres a theory

blizzard intentionall retards the login on launch to create buzz (re: twitter trending) about the game which boosts their saturation of media coverage and boosts digital sales?

Conspiracy or brilliant strategy?

I see the crazy is strong in this thread.

Eusis

So... What good did locking the servers to 3 AM possibly serve? Should've been 9 PM, with how congested it gets it'd effectively be 12 AM, except west coast retail people would be waiting less to play.

A whole hour after 3 AM and I still can't get in. Would it have killed them to let East coast in at 12 our time? It's not like this is WoW or something. Fucking Blizzard.

TxdoHawk

Well...I went to bed at 8 PM EST, slept until 3 AM, work at 6 AM...so I am just going to keep trying until I have to leave for work.

UberTag

Past an hour now, and I believe it is actually getting worse. I never make it to authenticated anymore.
It's definitely getting worst. I've beaten the E37 game twice previously but it's had me stymied for about 20 minutes now since the E3006 game booted me back to the home screen.

ampere

Been playing the login screen for about an hour now, birds are probably my favorite part, but the house on fire is a close second

Ploid 3.0

An hour of trying to play this game... such a horrible idea to leave offline out. Good for the company but we get such a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom