• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktarb

So I got to play (far less than I wanted to) and really enjoyed my time. I recently replayed through Torchlight so I would have a fresh comparison in my mind. Torchlight tries to make things easier for sure. They built a fun romp dungeon loot fest. Diablo 3 takes things a little more seriously.

What really stands out for me is the vibe D3 throws off. In Torchlight you get a whimsical vibe, D3 throws off doom, gloom and foreboding. This is serious shit, kill or be killed. I like that.

There is also a huge amount of polish. D3 seems to be polished to a sun intimidating shine. Little things all round show it. in the middle of a sound bite dialogue bit and you click on a transition point (like going from inside to outside); the sound bite keeps playing. I know that isn't rocket science but a lot of games just cut off the sound bite while loading the nest area.

It's familiar yet new. 12 years is a long time, they do a great job of paying homage to your memories and yet putting a fresh coat of paint on things. I for one can't wait to play some more. I decided to go to work so I'd keep my job, so I can keep my roof and internet connection. Tonight the hunt continues.

scy

Audίoboxer;37897014 said:
So main hand should be a wand yeah? I think she has a sword/shield combo right now.

Nah, just use whatever is best. The Class specific stuff doesn't offer anything special as far as I know.

aeroslash

fffff....after having to download 2 times due to a bad install, after the downloader crashed many many times, when i get to install it properly and play, it keeps telling me that the servers are full and i can't log in.....WTF?

I really hope the game is better than great because i'm out for a bad start...

Gotchaye

Is the wizard class any good?

I've been getting through Normal with one pretty easily, though maybe that says more about Normal mode than about the wizard.

Damage output is respectable, and the class is actually incredibly tanky (at least in Normal). I basically just stood and shot the Act 2 boss with Ray of Frost, hitting Diamond Skin whenever it was off cooldown. Her numbers don't look as good as the Demon Hunter's, but I imagine the Demon Hunter has to do a lot more moving around and not attacking, whereas the Wizard can just alternate Diamond Skin and Wave of Force whenever things get close.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm going crazy

injurai

Banned
Guys I think I will miss the transition to OT2 ;_; 4 pages away and I have less than an half hour to chill in thread. COME ON LETS DO IT!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Tacitus_

Getting Error #75 now, says there's a service outage.

Anyway, fucking suicide bombers. I think I've died to almost every single pack of them >_>

gloone

I got kicked out of battle.net in the middle of a boss fight and now I haven't been able to log back in for over 30 minutes. :(

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
CarbonatedFalcon - are you in charge of OT2 as well?

i gotta get lunch - wish i could help push us into OT2.

lets give a final push everyone...

Nibel

No, what's amazing is that every Swedish side in existence is copy'pasting that article and it's always fun to see Swedish people say "He's Asian, obviously". Swedish people. Of my own blood.

Man, big kudos to you Yoshi! Crazy ass achievement, wonder when I will finish this. :D

What's the anecdotal status of the US servers. I was a good guy this morning & logged out when I came to work. Kinda worried about getting a game going when I get home.

So I log in, can't use my character I was using last night (just get error messages), get disconnected and now can't connect. Servers going down isn't that big a deal but if my characters borked I'm going to be pissed.

Yoshichan

I'm turning off the game, I think...

Can someone tell me when they can log on to EU servers?

injurai

Banned
1HRGw.png

lol from the Eurogamer comments. If only this would fit in your bunker yoshi.

Junie12

Heh, my package is still in transit so I'm not gonna get it for a while, good thing actually..

Cause I feel like shit :(

I'm gonna play D3 with a running nose and a sore throat ;_;

I'm actually hoping it will come later tonight till I feel better, that's how bad I feel :(

scy

Heh, my package is still in transit so I'm not gonna get it for a while, good thing actually..

Cause I feel like shit :(

I'm gonna play D3 with a running nose and a sore throat ;_;

I'm actually hoping it will come later tonight till I feel better, that's how bad I feel :(

Sucks to hear :( If all else fails, channel your inner Yoshi and beast mode it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom