• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmon

For those who downloaded via the installer, does it get stuck at 99%? If I select cancel, can i continue the rest of the download later?

zlatko

Banned
For those who downloaded via the installer, does it get stuck at 99%? If I select cancel, can i continue the rest of the download later?

Mine said it was completely done. I closed out of it. You can then go find the folder it put itself in, and find the D3 installer or w/e it is. It'll launch fine and tell you hey buddy no installs till the 14th.

hitmon

Mine said it was completely done. I closed out of it. You can then go find the folder it put itself in, and find the D3 installer or w/e it is. It'll launch fine and tell you hey buddy no installs till the 14th.

Cool, thanks. Was a little confused with cancel button remaining displayed. There was a little blurb to the lower left stating it finished downloading.

Ploid 3.0

You can create any hero's banner now at the official site, for 8 days.

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/class_gathering/demon_hunter

Thanks.

Mine
96b7210ca43a042b293ab5f40997b9000b747cad.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Cool, thanks. Was a little confused with cancel button remaining displayed. There was a little blurb to the lower left stating it finished downloading.

Yeah just make sure you can do what I said about finding it in the folder it went to and getting that screen saying no install till the 14th to appear.

That way you know it's all good.

Ferrio

Banned
Basically if some asshole hacked your account, and logged in on a different PC then what you use, then it auto red flags it for Blizzard to lock your account down.

Well the authenticators you can buy from them basically give you a random code you hit a button for, then put that in as your password. Thus it's always changing.

They also have a dial in authenticator that I touched on. Basically they'd lock it down, then call you on your phone to ask if you were the one playing on this computer, etc.

Really great means to protect your shit, and to be honest, necessary for Blizzard games with an economy of any kind. My WoW account was dormant for a few years, then randomly got hacked when I didn't even have it active.

They're also available for free on android/IOS

Basically if some asshole hacked your account, and logged in on a different PC then what you use, then it auto red flags it for Blizzard to lock your account down.

Well the authenticators you can buy from them basically give you a random code you hit a button for, then put that in as your password. Thus it's always changing.

They also have a dial in authenticator that I touched on. Basically they'd lock it down, then call you on your phone to ask if you were the one playing on this computer, etc.

Really great means to protect your shit, and to be honest, necessary for Blizzard games with an economy of any kind. My WoW account was dormant for a few years, then randomly got hacked when I didn't even have it active.
Sounds complicated. They need to implement that security setup Valve put in place a few years back where if you try to access your account from a new computer, it will email you a special code that must be entered in addition to the account password.

Of course, if your email account is compromised...well..you have bigger problems than your Blizzard account being hacked.

Tess3ract

Banned
it's not going to happen like that because that's how it's been for years and years now.

Just login, then hit your authenticator app, put in the code it shows and you're done

forrest

formerly nacire
Well after debating which new mouse to buy, I decided to open up my 4 year old Ikari laser to see if simply cleaning it would solve the double clicking issue on the left mouse key. Low and behold the damn thing is working! Gonna test it for a couple days before giving it the final seal of approval though. Can't have it shitting up on me after release!

Aesthet1c

Sounds complicated. They need to implement that security setup Valve put in place a few years back where if you try to access your account from a new computer, it will email you a special code that must be entered in addition to the account password.

Of course, if your email account is compromised...well..you have bigger problems than your Blizzard account being hacked.

It's really not too bad once you get used to it. Plus once you've done it, it doesn't typically ask you for an authenticator code, unless you try to log in on another computer.

scy

Yeah, Valve's way would probably be simpler but, honestly, it doesn't seem too bad since you can make Blizzard's way pretty close ... except checking an app or keyfob instead of your e-mail.

Incidentally, you can also get texts of for when suspicious things happen, one of which being RMAH transactions.

Tess3ract

Banned
The one I was specifically looking for was the one with the rotten mattress and the garbage everywhere in the basement but I couldn't find it.

That one's pretty good, bottles of piss...

zlatko

Banned
Just pulled the trigger on the mouse and got a blackwidow.

Going to buy another copy of the game here Tuesday too.

Officially broke.

Battletag list is updated. Had a bit of a scare there for a minute though. Not sure if it was something I did or if someone else was messing with it, but all the columns were just changed to the GAF username. Did a bunch of undos and got everything back though.

In case something like this happens in the future, I downloaded a copy as an Excel file of the current list as a backup.

We're pretty even on class distribution now, except for Witch Doctor which is trailing by a notable amount. Still mostly concentrated in North America, with about 1 in 4 hailing from Europe. Oceania and Asia do not have a significant presence (Where's AusGAF at?)

Realyn

Morning guys!
Why is everyone posting pictures of their setup? Especially you, Dresden?

Anyway, allready missed the facebook hype train, don't wanna miss the next big thing too.

I'm using the same multimedia keyboard/mouse from logitech for like 8-10 years. Even at stuff like Quake Live and TF2 I'm completly happy with my mouse. My main reason however why I gave up on a "gamimg mouse" are my ass stupid long hands.

I've tried some Steelseries and Razer stuff from friends, but they simply are too small to feel good to me.

Saterium

Anyone else with a 3d monitor test it out in the beta to see if it works in the final game ? This game has all the right ingredients to work well with 3d - fixed camera, isometric perspective. Starcraft 2 looks pretty sweet with it turned on. I've been killing time playing diablo 2 for the first time ever this past week.

When I tried it about a month ago it was completely busted.

scy

Please tell me you no longer live like that.

If you do, please get help.

Haha, no, I've since moved on! I posted my setup:

Well, speaking of setups I guess:
wR5c8.jpg

It's not so bad!

Didn't know Condemned 3 got announced

Fuck yeah. Huge step up in graphics huh? You can almost SMELL the bum piss and hot dog shit thanks to Unreal 4.

Haha. Condemned 3 taking things to the next level. Kinect support?

scy

I meant it would suck if wasd was the movement, keep it out of diablo.

Edit: how many of you are cleaning your desks before taking the pic? be honest!

Cleaned the shit out of it. But I was planning to do it for the D3 release anyway! Honest!

Probably wasn't going to

Xdrive05

I've been considering getting the Nostromo. Do most games support it?

I always map/profile it at the driver level, and it has really, really good drivers for all that. Some games might have native support for it, but I don't really know -- just picked it up this week. :)

Everything feels great with it, extremely comfortably... and the palm rest has two positions. The lower one is better for FPS in my opinion, because your thumb is closer to the space bar. The higher one is better for Diablo, because you can more easily hit all the top row keys. Hand size will matter too for which one to prefer. Everything's 100% map-able and can be used for macros. Macros have no limits either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom