• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainaurdur

IwWdF.jpg

That glass of wine. I approve. And thus need to make sure I remember to get a bottle for next week!

Forz

I've lurked around here long enough, figure I should put myself on the list. Now I have to go back to hiding because this thread is overwhelming me.

Username: Forz
Battletag: Forz#1922
Region: North America
Class: Monk

Realyn

We had that discussion in the beta thread *cough*.

Blizz stated they don't want wasd in the game. So in my opinion, using any other form of input than k/b would be cheating, yeah. Question is, does Blizz care?

TheExodu5

Banned
Morning guys!
Why is everyone posting pictures of their setup? Especially you, Dresden?

Anyway, allready missed the facebook hype train, don't wanna miss the next big thing too.

I'm using the same multimedia keyboard/mouse from logitech for like 8-10 years. Even at stuff like Quake Live and TF2 I'm completly happy with my mouse. My main reason however why I gave up on a "gamimg mouse" are my ass stupid long hands.

I've tried some Steelseries and Razer stuff from friends, but they simply are too small to feel good to me.

Is that mouse really small or are your hands just huge?

This is my Razer Mamba next to my hand:

mousehand.jpg

Just curious, is moving backwards whilst attacking technically cheating in this system? Or is that already possible. Thinking of Demon Hunter.

not possible with mouse controls. Being able to strafe like that would prob make the DH and wizard OP. It would be "cheating" but unless you're doing it in PvP i don't see the problem.

forrest

formerly nacire
I've tried some Steelseries and Razer stuff from friends, but they simply are too small to feel good to me.

I would suggest you put your hands on a Steelseries Ikari if you haven't. It's a very large mouse.

Would this work for bigger hands or is it on the smaller size?

I find mine less confining than the keyboard in general as far as size goes. I'm using this one and not the Razer though.

belkin_nostromo_speedfmctl.gif

Sounds complicated. They need to implement that security setup Valve put in place a few years back where if you try to access your account from a new computer, it will email you a special code that must be entered in addition to the account password.

Of course, if your email account is compromised...well..you have bigger problems than your Blizzard account being hacked.

it's absolutely far from complicated

you hit a button

it gives you a number

you type in that number

edit: god this thread moves fast

success ...

Kind of wish the GAF BTag list had a timezone column.

That's sort of the point of the region column. Playing in North America (Central Time), I don't really care if I'm playing with people on the East Coast or West Coast - there's enough overlap there, since there's only 3 hours difference between the coasts. Europe is a similar situation, with more people going to be clustered in a few time zones. It's not really my call to make though whether to add a new column.

Elginer

Username: Elginer
battletag: constantine9#1735
Region: North America
Class: Demon Hunter

And my humble setup, ready for Diablo and yes, I am indeed a huge Hellboy fan lol.
Got these pretty nice Microsoft Lifechat headset this past week for 25 bucks, very nice to far and comfy along with a Microsoft Bluetrac mouse. For some reason this is my second Steelseries mouse pad and it's already curling at the sides. Pretty lousy for a mousepad that cost me 19 bucks.

XHLrL.jpg

Zou5I.jpg

forrest

formerly nacire
That's sort of the point of the region column. Playing in North America (Central Time), I don't really care if I'm playing with people on the East Coast or West Coast - there's enough overlap there, since there's only 3 hours difference between the coasts. Europe is a similar situation, with more people going to be clustered in a few time zones. It's not really my call to make though whether to add a new column.

I'm Central too, but I think the play sessions will be long enough to accommodate all US players. Aren't you rolling DH Falcon? I'm looking for a solid 4-man that wants to do full clears and strategize comps/builds together.

Cipherr

Sounds complicated. They need to implement that security setup Valve put in place a few years back where if you try to access your account from a new computer, it will email you a special code that must be entered in addition to the account password.

Of course, if your email account is compromised...well..you have bigger problems than your Blizzard account being hacked.

Nah I prefer the authenticator. It ties any chance you have of being hacked to a physical object that you have on you anyway. Your smartphone. Your email can be hacked, your password can be keylogged if you aren't computer savvy, but there's nothing some pimple faced hacker can do about your personal mobile phone.

And you only have to put in the code 1 time per week or so, unless of course the game recognizes that you are logging in from a different IP than your last login, if you are, it instantly re-prompts for a new authenticator code.

Junie12

Nah I prefer the authenticator. It ties any chance you have of being hacked to a physical object that you have on you anyway. Your smartphone. Your email can be hacked, your password can be keylogged if you aren't computer savvy, but there's nothing some pimple faced hacker can do about your personal mobile phone.

And you only have to put in the code 1 time per week or so, unless of course the game recognizes that you are logging in from a different IP than your last login, if you are, it instantly re-prompts for a new authenticator code.

So it's only once a week? Not bad I guess, it is inconvenient to put an authenticator code along with your email and password but heck as long as it's protecting me I'll deal~

aristotle

It should also be noted that Blizzard has said multiple times that their system has never once been hacked if you have an authenticator on your account. There really is no need to not have it.

It should also be noted that Blizzard has said multiple times that their system has never once been hacked if you have an authenticator on your account. There really is no need to not have it.

They should give everyone a free authenticator then. Considering monthly fees (WoW).

forrest

formerly nacire
Sorry for crappy phone pic:

This is the chair, I couldn't really get a good photo myself:

U2711 monitor, Das Keyboard Ultimate, G500 mouse.

You guys have awesome setups.

Totally jealous of this monitor. I've been looking to replace my Dell 2100fp with one for some time now. By the time I get the extra money for one I might be able to get the U3011 instead!

I'm Central too, but I think the play sessions will be long enough to accommodate all US players. Aren't you rolling DH Falcon? I'm looking for a solid 4-man that wants to do full clears and strategize comps/builds together.

Yes, I plan to roll a DH first. I can't guarantee that's what I'll stick with in the long run though. I'm pretty high on Wizards and Barbs as well, and I'll have a Monk and WD eventually, but probably never "main" them.

The first run through normal I'm going to solo and soak up the story/atmosphere, but once I hit Nightmare, I'm game for playing with anyone almost anytime.

Thoraxes

They should give everyone a free authenticator then. Considering monthly fees (WoW).

If you own a mobile iOS device or Android device it is.

Also way back a couple years, they talked about potentially including them with a new expansion if you buy a boxed copy.

Cipherr

So it's only once a week? Not bad I guess, it is inconvenient to put an authenticator code along with your email and password but heck as long as it's protecting me I'll deal~

Yep, I remember when they first launched them, I bought a physical one. You used to have to put it in all the damn time. It was annoying, but it made you hack proof so I dealt with it. But at some point they started only having you do it once a week. Its soooooo much better now.

So it is. I did not know this.

Yep. And they have one even for the old ass flip phones and stuff too. Seriously, Im talking those way back RAZR's and whatnot from a long time ago

Pimpbaa

So assuming we do the pre-downloading of the client, is all we need from that point the CD-Key and live servers and we'd be good to go?

If you bought the game from blizzard, then the game is already attached to your account. All you should have to do is install and login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom