• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the monks trying out act 2 try this build out;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WQYgXj!ZXU!ZcYabc

That's basically the build my brother is using and it's a lot more managable with the -45% damage the enemies will be dishing out. Also I don't think it's been confirmed (and I haven't tested it) but I heard lacuni stalkers are bugged and ignore armor and resistances.

He was saying how if he was to change anything he would drop earth ally and get deadly reach with the foresight rune so you get another %damage buff for the duration.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Am I seriously going to get greeted with an error when I get home from work again?

Are people still defending this?

It's not about defending it, it's just that people are powerless to change these kind of things.

There's a 1300+ page thread in the forums about this very issue, but the last blizzard employee post is from 3 hours ago. It's infuriating.

scy

Considering I spent the last like week trying to get a Tal Rasha chest for my Wizard, the fact three dropped in the last two pages has me pretty sad :(

theta11

Finally, Act 4 farming pays off!
twEr1.png

I think I have the most posts in the Diablo OTs and I haven't raged at Blizzard yet! I'm going for a record here.

To be honest, I'd rather have the AH than not; there's a certain point where farming endlessly for an upgrade is just disheartening. Unfortunately, the AH has been flooded with items, prices are all over the place, and items not leaving circulation so it's a bit too effective.

I think we're starting to see items leaving circulation a little more. As people start realizing that certain stat combinations are not even worth selling for 10k because it wastes a space on their AH, they start salvaging them. I've dnoe this myself a few times. List something, it doesn't sell, I take it off and salvage it. Next time, I'm more careful about what I really want to put on the AH in the first place. Maybe I just salvage it from the getgo next time.

scy

You guys catch the IGN article about Inferno and the AH?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/diablo-iii-inferno-and-the-auction-house

More thoughts at link.

I think of the AH as a means to get back to having fun with the game; it reduces the turnaround from hitting a wall and getting back to playing. Unfortunately, this also kind of cheapens the Normal - Hell run since loot is replaceable, drops are flat out outclassed by later Act stuff (that you can also equip anyway), and so-on.

I agree, but in previous iterations while farming you would enjoy character development in the form of stats and skill trees while farming. It quickly turned into a WoW end game. [For me, and I would never judge! Just my opinion]

I'm one of those who enjoyed min/maxing Diablo 2 but loathed the stat/skill system with a passion. I'll take an AH and farming equipment any day :x

These motherfucking server issues, goddamn. Seems like whenever I have time to play theres an issue. I knew there'd be times where this kind of thing happened going in but I certainly didn't expect them to be this frequent. They only just had the servers offline for 8 hours yesterday for christs sake. My patience is really starting to wear thin.

TommyT

How did you guys know? :( I took out 2/5 attempted elites.

Those wasps? Elite, invulnerable minions, fast, mortar and vampire health. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

:lol it's ok buddy... we've all been there. It's a gear-check, but you can progress if you don't take on combinations like that. You'll die (often), but you can still progress.

I'd have to crunch some numbers but +~120 VIT is worth quite a bit in Effective HP, especially if your resists are already good.

Resistances are good, yes, but it's getting blown out of proportion how amazing they are. They do so much because you typically enter late Hell and Inferno with just your INT Resists. Going from practically 0 to ~320 (50% Mitigation) is a huge boost; going from ~320 to 640 (67%) isn't.

Right, I added that if you already have great resists then this item would fetch a higher price because you can add whatever stats you want. That said, those who have those stats are few and far between, let alone with that amount of gold to spend.

scy

I think we're starting to see items leaving circulation a little more. As people start realizing that certain stat combinations are not even worth selling for 10k because it wastes a space on their AH, they start salvaging them. I've dnoe this myself a few times. List something, it doesn't sell, I take it off and salvage it. Next time, I'm more careful about what I really want to put on the AH in the first place. Maybe I just salvage it from the getgo next time.

Yeah, every time I do new AH runs for putting things up to sell, I realize how much of my stash is worthless or just not worth the AH slot. Maybe we'll start seeing less fluff items and more "this is good, it has XYZ minimums" for items being put up.

Almost think 10 slots is too many AH slots for this kind of self-restricting system.

Right, I added that if you already have great resists then this item would fetch a higher price because you can add whatever stats you want. That said, those who have those stats are few and far between, let alone with that amount of gold to spend.

Who knows, there's plenty of people who made massive money off selling 800-900-1000 DPS blues. I mean, I sold a ~120 DEX, 17% IAS%, 5.5% Crit Glove for 1.5M practically instantly. I crafted it for 40k. On that note, I need to go try crafting some more.

Though, I do agree 7M or whatever is probably a bit much :x I think my bigger point is that resists are severely overvalued right now. Yes, you can get huge amounts of it (like, +70 huge) but it's strange seeing the difference between a +280 Armor with 60 STR/INT and a just flat out inferior piece with 40 All Resists. They offer roughly the same amount of protection.

The goal should be getting your Resists to about the same level of protection as your Armor (or basically 1/10th your Armor). This way, you're in a situation where it's pretty easy to gauge how much of an upgrade something is defensively:
1 STR = 1 INT = 1 Armor = .1 Resistance

If Monk with Seize the Initiative, DEX gets placed in there too (slightly better due to the Dodge).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't really think its worth it, but from what I can tell comparing with similer items, this should be worth about a Million. Do you all think it is really worth that much?

stone0530.jpg

From what I can see, the Spirit Regen is rolled pretty high for a Helm, but I'm not sure if people really look for that. Also has a good amount of Dex and Vit.

I'm got some decent loot from Act I Infernal. Wasn't to much trouble. About half the stuff I set aside for the auction house is actually worth a damn (All but one Blue is useless, most of the Rares I kept are pretty good)

Also, my mans that finished Act I. Found it not to bad, I guess Act II is where the enemy really start to hit likes super trucks. Going to see if I can get some new Pants/Chest Armor from the AH, since I have been using the same ones for a damn long time. My pants are a level 40 item.

InferWizAct1.jpg

Also, my mans that finished Act I. Found it not to bad, I guess Act II is where the enemy really start to hit likes super trucks. Going to see if I can get some new Pants/Chest Armor from the AH, since I have been using the same ones for a damn long time. My pants are a level 40 item.

InferWizAct1.jpg
lol. with that build...I'll pray for you.

it's amazing/frustrating/ridiculous how many armor/equipment builds are viable in Act I that simply don't work in Act II.

KKRT00

To all the monks trying out act 2 try this build out;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WQYgXj!ZXU!ZcYabc

That's basically the build my brother is using and it's a lot more managable with the -45% damage the enemies will be dishing out. Also I don't think it's been confirmed (and I haven't tested it) but I heard lacuni stalkers are bugged and ignore armor and resistances.

He was saying how if he was to change anything he would drop earth ally and get deadly reach with the foresight rune so you get another %damage buff for the duration.

My build is quite similar, but has more dps and healing

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWYgQk!ZYU!aZYaca

Fisst of Thunder are amazing for shortening distance, damage, stun locking one enemy, generating spirit fast and getting high hp from hp per hit modifiers.

Transcendence is just OP, especially when You spam auras and have some additional gear to get it up to 80hp per spirit. One aura activation gives You at least 3100 hp :) So combined with Fist of Thunder [life per hit], Life Regen and Aura of Healing You can get up to 6000 hp per second or more if there are more targets You can hit :)

Matra of Convition is enormous damage boost and its not only useful solo, but also in groups. I use it even on elites when i blind them or i'm on serenity. Awesome for Vampiric targets too.

Stitch

Gold Member
This fucking game needs the 'Shit of the year Award' because it fucking never works. Fuck fucketty fuck fuck!

Haha. Loot gathering game where you just run to the AH to get what you need. Ugh.

Actually, I was asking for farming ideas because I really really didn't want to just cave in and use the auction house lol...if there aren't any good ideas though I'll probably jump in and buy shit before my next duo session on my monk since I'm getting manhandled pretty good.

Actually, I was asking for farming ideas because I really really didn't want to just cave in and use the auction house lol...if there aren't any good ideas though I'll probably jump in and buy shit before my next duo session on my monk since I'm getting manhandled pretty good.

I had avoided it for the most part until A2 hell. I spent 2 hours in there last night and it was actually quite fun. You hover over a good item at a good price and think to yourself..."well I'll just check out a couple more". Scroll down a bit.. "ahh nothing as good as the last one". Go back to the first item click buyout and boom 'Item is no longer available'. It was exhilarating. Kind of like the green-box game from D2.

scy

Block decrease damage You get after resists are applied?

It has to, otherwise it would be useless in Inferno.

The order of calculations is:
Dodge
Damage Resistance (Armor, Resistances, Passives, etc.)
Damage Absorbs (Block, Diamond Skin, etc.)
Final Damage

theta11

Just grabbed this guy for 700k (I had to pounce, whenever I see that 2d...)

I FEEL like it's an upgrade for me, cause as it is I have no passive health regen or life leach or life on hit or anything like that.

The polearm is alot the better than the mace simply because of the Life on Hit.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Yeah you got a pretty great buy. The DPS isn't great but the Lifesteal + Life on Hit is really nice.

It look like it, I did the math and that should give me about 750hp per hit total - not including my crits (which if you look up, proc very frequently, and also do anywhere from 20-25k damage... oh shit, they'll do less now without my crit bonus :( sigh, well I'll get that somewhere else!).

theta11

It look like it, I did the math and that should give me about 750hp per hit total - not including my crits (which if you look up, proc very frequently, and also do anywhere from 20-25k damage... oh shit, they'll do less now without my crit bonus :( sigh, well I'll get that somewhere else!).

Lifesteal has an 80% reduction in Inferno, you need crits probably over 100k to make up the amount of healing Life on Hit does, but its a nice little bonus on top of the Life on Hit.

KKRT00

Just grabbed this guy for 700k (I had to pounce, whenever I see that 2d...)

I FEEL like it's an upgrade for me, cause as it is I have no passive health regen or life leach or life on hit or anything like that.

Edit: For reference, my stats when buffed

Use Enchantress, You'll get free 15% armor buff and 3 CC spells every 30 seconds :)

So there's something weird going on. I never got any Legendaries, but since the patch I got 3 of them. Lidless Wall, Hellrack, and just now another Hellrack. Luck seems to be on my side finally!

Also, I just grabbed my new 1H off the AH for only 400k (it was in a pack of other similar weapons for 700k+):

CAfoA.jpg

Le-mo

I have a question. My DPS is currently at 10K but only when I am idle, if I start fighting the DPS would decrease and go back up to 10K when I stop fighting. Why is that?

Ferrio

Banned
I have a question. My DPS is currently at 10K but only when I am idle, if I start fighting the DPS would decrease and go back up to 10K when I stop fighting. Why is that?

If you're a DH, SHarpshooter will do that, or steady aim if you're close to mobs.

elfinke

My CCC doesn't offer the 'Override application setting' mode for Anti-Aliasing. Hmmm, any reason why this might be?

Hmmm, that seems odd. Is there anyway to turn on an 'advanced settings' option in CCC? I'm away from my computer this morning and can't check, nor remember if there is.

spirity

Haha. Loot gathering game where you just run to the AH to get what you need. Ugh.

I've ignored the AH so far, and will continue to do so until I hit a brick wall and stop playing altogether. The AH just isn't Diablo to me, its pure greed, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. No thanks.

TommyT

Can anyone help with Belial on Inferno? I can't solo him with my barb and can't tank for a wizard. :(

I'll be home in about 30min if you're still there. Battletag is TommyT#1540. Dunno if my DPS is enough but I can switch some things up if you can keep those damn snakes off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom