• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop playing with other people! It's inefficient in inferno since you are stacking the numbers against you with the increased damage monsters deal with more players. Try to either solo w/ a henchman or limit yourself to a party of 2 or 3. Make sure they're ranged DPS though :)

What are you talking about, this is an MMO.

RDreamer

Stop playing with other people! It's inefficient in inferno since you are stacking the numbers against you with the increased damage monsters deal with more players. Try to either solo w/ a henchman or limit yourself to a party of 2 or 3. Make sure they're ranged DPS though :)

I know, but I can't seem to tackle much on my own, either... and fuck if I can't play D3 with others then why the hell am I playing. I didn't buy this game to solo everything. I did enough of that on normal through hell since the matchmaking is ass.

Going back to my build...

So, with Locust Swarm and Haunt up, that's about 105% weapon damage per second for 5 casts per 24 seconds in terms of upkeep. That's 105% weapon damage per second from DoTs, which means you can run around and stay alive more easily. If we add in potential Spirit Barrage damage, with a 1.4 attacks per second weapon and no attack speed buff, that leaves about 28 casts of Spirit Barrage in that 24 second window. At 190% weapon damage a cast, we're looking at 222% weapon damage per second from Spirit Barrage alone.

In total, that's 327% weapon damage per second, with pretty high survivability. Not too shabby.

(I know the math isn't quite right since DoTs I believe take into account attack speed to multiply the damage somehow...I think in reality the DoT damage is higher than I've calculated here...I'll have to see if anyone's come up with the formulas so far).
I really do like the idea behind your build and I want to give it a test run, to see how it plays.

It sure seems Blizzard is hell bent on losing all the playerbase they've built up with WoW. This is one of the worst examples of post-launch support and player interaction I've seen from a company with Blizzard's capacity.

scy

It sure seems Blizzard is hell bent on losing all the playerbase they've built up with WoW. This is one of the worst examples of post-launch support and player interaction I've seen from a company with Blizzard's capacity.

I'm really hoping for the first few balance patches to really do some work on making the game more fun. All the negativity is sad to hear, really :(

kagete

I know, but I can't seem to tackle much on my own, either... and fuck if I can't play D3 with others then why the hell am I playing. I didn't buy this game to solo everything. I did enough of that on normal through hell since the matchmaking is ass.

Playing melee in inferno until you get better gear is like that unfortunately. It's sad because despite all my farming, all my gear upgrades have been from charity from other players in act 3/4. Enough panhandling and I can maybe tank my way out of Act 2 in a week!

I'm really hoping for the first few balance patches to really do some work on making the game more fun. All the negativity is sad to hear, really :(

Well, yeah. But so far the patches they have made has addressed none of the concerns people had for the game. Instead they've made weird changes noone wanted.

Cipherr

I really want to get through Act 2 on my DH before they nerf it in 1.03, Im finding it night impossible in public games though. Playing with others actually impedes my progress and noone bothers to stick around anyway.

LiK

I really want to get through Act 2 on my DH before they nerf it in 1.03, Im finding it night impossible in public games though. Playing with others actually impedes my progress and noone bothers to stick around anyway.

maybe try and add some Gaffers to your friend list.

Ketch

Just beat nightmare on my barb. My build is based on %damage as life so it's kind of a bummer that it gets nerfed every difficulty, but oh well, I'm sure I can find something else that's fun. Here's my dude, Balzorg the Barbarian!:

Hell%20Barb.png

Is dual wielding viable for all of hell?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
After all my worrying about the butcher, took him out on the first try - here I come act II Inferno :p. C'MON AWESOME DROPS

Jubbly

Which Bracers do you guys think are better?

87xWB.jpg

I'm currently sitting at about 48k HP with 300 all resist except poison, which is 400.

Equipping the Scavenger's Bindings gives me an additional 4% elemental and physical damage reduction. (Don't know how its' computing that 0.3% number, but it doesn't seem right)

I crafted a second pair as well which is similar, but 0 primary stats, instead containing -4% damage from melee attacks, but still with 64 all resist.

Blair

Banned
I swear the people on the EU forums who say 'calm down do something else' are all unemployed, you see some people work all day then get home and want to play the game they bought.

RDreamer

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I got a crazy String of Ears for 80k on the AH the other day:

52 dex
56 vit
11 resist all
each hit adds 80 life
+102 armor
health globes grant 2064 life
Reduces damage from melee attacks by 15%

Pretty awesome since I'm a monk

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, for selling Level 60 Weapons on the Auction house, is there anything other then a High DPS that sells well?

So I'm slowly getting through act2 inferno, having to skip the odd elite pack. (Invis demon snakes are ridiculous, i can't kill them at all, if they're fast they hit u before they become visible again, if they have shield, they enrage before half health cause they are either invis or shielded most of the time).

Lots of kiting, lots of dying but finally got a few nice items.

7303497958_287763e11b_o.jpg

7303498150_8cf6e4a5f1_o.jpg

stuck the chest on AH for 7.5m, maybe get lucky.

AH is full, but the dagger is a bit ridiculous with that int and life after kill. Nothing else like it on the AH, maybe get 3-4m if I'm lucky.

TheExodu5

Banned
I really do like the idea behind your build and I want to give it a test run, to see how it plays.

Give it a shot and let me know. Like I said, it needs mana regen items to truly shine. It seems solid so far in Act 1 Inferno...don't know how it'll fare in later acts, though.

Ramirez

lol, so Blizzard finally replied to my ticket. I wasn't aware that rolling back would roll back all of my characters, guess I should have asked in here. I got a WD up close to 20 while I was waiting on them to reply to me.

Best part is, they don't roll back until you confirm that's what you want, so I probably have another day or so of waiting until they actually finalize it, UGH.

Shouta

Spent a lot of time farming and buying.. This is my monk currently. I'm hoping they fix the class some time..

UdkLV.jpg

Any suggestions? I don't think I can really start act 2 yet, but It's getting there. I did beat all bosses on act 2 and most on act 3, but that was in a group.

Are you only using Transcendence? If so, then you're lacking life regeneration. You need some way to keep your HP going, either Life Per Spirit Spent, Life on Hit, or some combination of the two.

These are my current stats and I finished Act 2 with gear less than this but had more healing. I've started Act 3 and I can actually beat the less severe elites in it.

Vodh

Gawd, got home from work just over an hour ago and all I'm getting is the goddamn error 73. I'm not even counting the 37's, they are fine by me, never takes more than a few tries to get past that one, but the 73 is the goddamn cancer... Are people actually playing on EU and I'm a miserable unlucky 1% or is the Bnet actually down? It says it's down on the breaking news in the login screen, but the server status says it's up...

scy

I'm never actually going to get a Tal Rasha chest to drop, am I :|

5% Life is pretty good though. That's the lower millions, though I'm starting to question if it's just because people are bad at math (+5% at 40k ~= 58 VIT and I've seen ~60-100 VIT Tal's cheaper than the Life% one).

Granted, I'm viewing that as a Wizard who doesn't need much more than 40k HP anyway.

zoukka

Gawd, got home from work just over an hour ago and all I'm getting is the goddamn error 73. I'm not even counting the 37's, they are fine by me, never takes more than a few tries to get past that one, but the 73 is the goddamn cancer... Are people actually playing on EU and I'm a miserable unlucky 1% or is the Bnet actually down? It says it's down on the breaking news in the login screen, but the server status says it's up...

I know that feel bro.

The year of 37.

profit

Having the same problem, so youre not alone.

zlatko

Banned
So Monk players. I've had no problems with Act 3 so far on Hell, but Act 2 I definitely struggled. It may be the new build I made for myself last night.

So my question is as far as the ally goes, which is the best? I'm using Air ally for the +dodge, but was curious if Earth ally is a better one to go with?

TommyT

Which Bracers do you guys think are better?

87xWB.jpg

I'm currently sitting at about 48k HP with 300 all resist except poison, which is 400.

Equipping the Scavenger's Bindings gives me an additional 4% elemental and physical damage reduction. (Don't know how its' computing that 0.3% number, but it doesn't seem right)

I crafted a second pair as well which is similar, but 0 primary stats, instead containing -4% damage from melee attacks, but still with 64 all resist.

The more resist is worth it IMO.

So I'm slowly getting through act2 inferno, having to skip the odd elite pack. (Invis demon snakes are ridiculous, i can't kill them at all, if they're fast they hit u before they become visible again, if they have shield, they enrage before half health cause they are either invis or shielded most of the time).

Lots of kiting, lots of dying but finally got a few nice items.

7303497958_287763e11b_o.jpg

7303498150_8cf6e4a5f1_o.jpg

stuck the chest on AH for 7.5m, maybe get lucky.

AH is full, but the dagger is a bit ridiculous with that int and life after kill. Nothing else like it on the AH, maybe get 3-4m if I'm lucky.

What?! That is incredibly overpriced. You can't put anything in those sockets that will give it more resist to all... and that's far better than whatever + stat you're going to put in it. Unless all the rest of your gear is just top notch then I could see that.

I mean good luck and all, but I highly doubt that will sell.

SyNapSe

Give it a shot and let me know. Like I said, it needs mana regen items to truly shine. It seems solid so far in Act 1 Inferno...don't know how it'll fare in later acts, though.

You posted it this weekend and I switched to it. It's worked really well for me in Hell but I'm not to inferno yet. I did a couple of things different. I don't use horrify or whatever I switch between Grasp and Hex depending on the situation. I kept the 20% DR passive

Shouta

So Monk players. I've had no problems with Act 3 so far on Hell, but Act 2 I definitely struggled. It may be the new build I made for myself last night.

So my question is as far as the ally goes, which is the best? I'm using Air ally for the +dodge, but was curious if Earth ally is a better one to go with?

I think most go with Earth for the additional HP and the taunt. I actually don't use the ally all that much myself. Also, Air Ally doesn't give you dodge, unless it's a hidden bonus.

Fuck some of these instagib mobs man, fucking cats that pop out of the ground and leap, ohh yeah lets give them a pot attack as well. Snake fuckers that phase in and out of combat, let's give those a 1 millisecond attack speed so they can attack before even a trap springs.

How about opressors and fallen angels with a grease lightning movement speed and an offscreen charge that hits with the force of an exploding sun.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fucking EU authentication servers are still messed up. Can't play.
It's really starting to piss me off. This shit should not happen two weeks after release, it's ridiculous.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GAF down.

D3 down.

Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom