• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when looking at a list of DH builds, very few people using Spike Trap. Is it a useless skill at higher difficulties? I'm halfway through Nightmare and I love it combined with Caltrops and the Templar tanking.

Wallach

Anyone have any idea how much this thing is worth?
Dagger.png

It wasn't a great DPS roll, but the Int/Vit combo helps. Should go for at least 1.5m. A patient seller might be able to get more, but I don't know.

LordCanti

Anyone have any idea how much this thing is worth?
Dagger.png

A level 60 weapon with 613 DPS probably isn't worth a whole lot. Check the AH to make sure though.

It wasn't a great DPS roll, but the Int/Vit combo helps. Should go for at least 1.5m. A patient seller might be able to get more, but I don't know.

What is the appeal for that much gold though? The DPS is low, and the stats aren't that noteworthy. Does the INT/Vita make it worth it? If I were a Wizard, I'd want a one hander in the 900-1000 range, not a 600dps legendary.

Ferrio

Banned
I noticed when looking at a list of DH builds, very few people using Spike Trap. Is it a useless skill at higher difficulties? I'm halfway through Nightmare and I love it combined with Caltrops and the Templar tanking.

My main attack in inferno. Lay it down, SS run like hell, lay it down behind you, SS run like hell, repeat until one of us dies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Relativity is getting old too, doesn't make it any less true.
Not classy man :(
i spotted a good helm for 350k while chatting with some friend. i messaged him "ill buy it now". so i missclicked and just blindly accepted the deal. browsing in the AH tired isnt a good thing to do... =/
Fuck, that sucks.

Ghost23

Ok guys so I'm having difficulty deciding whether I should use a 2-handed or a 1-handed + source. I'm a level 51 wizard, and I am currently using a 2-handed because of blizzard, arcane orb, and other high arcane spells. Am I doing this right? I think I heard somewhere that the smaller your weapon attack speed is, the less arcane it takes for spells like Disintegrate and arcane orb. Is that true?

Narag

I've used it all the way through. Scatter lets you drop three at once for 30 hatred. It's really effective in doorways and narrow corridors as they spawn on top of one another and if your crit % has built up from kiting with sharpshooter, good times are to be had. Bandolier was hot in Hell as I could drop six on top of one another and let champs walk through it.

Revoh

Barb-GAF, please tell me how to gear my barb.

I don't understand why do I have to get more resist if I already have 74.43% (unbuffed) dmg reduction and high armor.
I'm getting my ass destroyed on Act 2.
What are the most important stats for a barb on inferno?
I need help, I just can't progress in the game anymore.

Wallach

What is the appeal for that much money though? The DPS is low, and the stats aren't that noteworthy. Does the INT make it worth it?

Y'know the truth is, especially early on like this, legendaries are just appealing to a lot of people. Like if he listed that down for 1m to move it I think it would go pretty quick.

Sophia

I don't understand why do I have to get more resist if I already have 74.43% (unbuffed) dmg reduction and high armor.

Your resistances are all pretty low, that's the only thing that comes to mind. Nothing else really seems to jump out at me. Are you using the Invigorate rune?

My main attack in inferno. Lay it down, SS run like hell, lay it down behind you, SS run like hell, repeat until one of us dies.

I've used it all the way through. Scatter lets you drop three at once for 30 hatred. It's really effective in doorways and narrow corridors as they spawn on top of one another and if your crit % has built up from kiting with sharpshooter, good times are to be had.

Alright, just checking if it'll still be viable later on. I don't want to rely on a play style that will be useless soon.

Won

Not useless, just probably the most uninteresting ability in the whole game.

I'm thinking about stacking caltrops together with the damage rune and seeing how that works. If only I had another way to give them some extra slow to keep them in there. Too bad Nether Tentacles is so freaking imba, otherwise I could switch to frost arrow.

How many monks in thread use serenity?

I've seen most guides for monks going for dashing strike instead, but I find Serenity + (right back at ya? I don't know the name of the skill, but the one that returns part of the damage absorbed) so freaking useful for tanking mobs and using exploding palm + flesh is weak when I'm playing with a party.

My DPS is kinda low but I can take a lot of enemies at once. I guess if I went solo it'd take me a hard time to kill the enemies but at least I wouldn't die :eek:

Xyphie

Your resistances are pathetically low so that's what you should work on. Resistance+armor (and other dmg reducing stuff) are not additive, they are multiplicative and stack with each other. Also, get Revenge geez, it's a core skill that you need in Inferno.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My game is on highest settings and I swear I don't get that much detail out of the character models. What sorcery is this?
Shitty D3dark-mod. Look at dat dark/grey-hud :lol

Not useless, just probably the most uninteresting ability in the whole game.

I disagree. As far as the Demon Hunter goes, I like having a skill that isn't just shoot arrows and it's satisfying, for me at least, to watch them pop in a huge group of enemies.

Is anyone actually able to get through Act 2 inferno by killing stuff? Or does everyone just corpse run? I've made it to the part where I have to fight
Zoltun Kulle
but this is just so fuckign ridiculous. It makes no sense how you're supposed to be able to kill any of this stuff. 400 resist across the board, 48k HP and even random trash packs give me trouble and I have to spam potions and cooldowns. If I want to actually progress I have to just corpse run and die 100 times trying to inch my way toward the quest objectives. I mean I understand difficulty, but it feels like Act 1 -> Act 2 is the same jump as Act 1 Normal -> Act 4 Hell.

I have 70% damage reduction from armor, and 53% against all elements. Of course these numbers are against level 60 enemies, but there must be something else going on in the formula that causes higher level enemies to just rape you.

I mean, the formula for dmg reduction through armor is supposedly A / (A + 50*E), and the formula for dmg reduction through resistance is supposedly R / (R + 5*E), where E is enemy level. So even if the enemy were level 100, given my current values of A=7000 and R=344, that would give me an overall damage reduction of:

7000/(7000+5000) + 344/(344+500)
= 58.33% + 40.75% = 99.09%

So what, are the enemies level 120? 150 maybe? I just don't see how anyone is reasonably supposed to deal with 200k+ raw unmitigated damage being dished out on you EVERY HIT.

I remember that huge dude with the mace on the bridge after Alcarnus that slams the mace down. I had War cry and Threatening Shout up (20% armor + 50% resists + 20% damage reduction), and full HP (48k). It brought me from 100% to dead, in a single hit. No other damage.

Yoshichan

W7OMO.jpg

Holy vitality, batman! I'm saving this one for sure.

BigDug13

The more I read about Inferno, the less I want to have ANYTHING to do with it. I'm going to take each class to 60 and through Act 4 Hell. Inferno sounds like zero fun. Zero.

LordCanti

Is this a decent monk helm, or is there something I didn't roll on it?

DHZcM.jpg

Is anyone actually able to get through Act 2 inferno by killing stuff? Or does everyone just corpse run? I've made it to the part where I have to fight
Zoltun Kulle
but this is just so fuckign ridiculous. It makes no sense how you're supposed to be able to kill any of this stuff. 400 resist across the board, 48k HP and even random trash packs give me trouble and I have to spam potions and cooldowns. If I want to actually progress I have to just corpse run and die 100 times trying to inch my way toward the quest objectives. I mean I understand difficulty, but it feels like Act 1 -> Act 2 is the same jump as Act 1 Normal -> Act 4 Hell.

I have 70% damage reduction from armor, and 53% against all elements. Of course these numbers are against level 60 enemies, but there must be something else going on in the formula that causes higher level enemies to just rape you.

I mean, the formula for dmg reduction through armor is supposedly A / (A + 50*E), and the formula for dmg reduction through resistance is supposedly R / (R + 5*E), where E is enemy level. So even if the enemy were level 100, given my current values of A=7000 and R=344, that would give me an overall damage reduction of:

7000/(7000+5000) + 344/(344+500)
= 58.33% + 40.75% = 99.09%

So what, are the enemies level 120? 150 maybe? I just don't see how anyone is reasonably supposed to deal with 200k+ raw unmitigated damage being dished out on you EVERY HIT.

I remember that huge dude with the mace on the bridge after Alcarnus that slams the mace down. I had War cry and Threatening Shout up (20% armor + 50% resists + 20% damage reduction), and full HP (48k). It brought me from 100% to dead, in a single hit. No other damage.

I smoke screened through most of it. That particular boss fight is cake for a DH though.

spirity

Personally I love it, but I'm also someone who made hundreds of (Real) dollars on D2JSP. If that doesn't appeal to you, that's fine, but the popularity of D2JSP indicates that I'm not the only one who likes playing a free market.

Of course you're not. I realise others like to play that way. I don't however, because I tried it once and it trivialised the game. It was almost like using a cheat code. Not my thing at all.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm thinking about stacking caltrops together with the damage rune and seeing how that works. If only I had another way to give them some extra slow to keep them in there. Too bad Nether Tentacles is so freaking imba, otherwise I could switch to frost arrow.

Why tentacles? It has a worse hit box than ball lightning and... there's a good chance you get one hit anyways.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So where can I improve? I spent all my 800k on two item upgrades. I still need to upgrade a lot of stuff but it's hard. Grinding inferno Butcher for drops/gold is getting really stale. Act 2 is pretty much impossible.

Get some Survivability over damage. I think my Entrantress is tanker then you.

LordCanti

Why tentacles? It has a worse hit box than ball lightning and... there's a good chance you get one hit anyways.

Tentacle crits for more damage for some reason. The hit box made
Inferno Ponies
a horror show though. Had to get things really close together.

Ramirez

Do Witch Doctor's realistically ever use bows? I made one of those Exalted Xbows from the pattern I found and of course it crapped out a bunch of WD stats.

-705.7 DPS
-535-748
-1.10 ATS
-101-226 Lightning Dmg
-24% DMG
-125 INT
-85 VIT
-Crit Hit Dmg Increase 64%
-Increase Poison Dart Dmg 7%

Would anyone buy that? It sounds good to me, but I know nothing about WD.

Yoshichan

Pretty funny seeing the mobs chain fearing, and krip unable to do anything but train them to his partner who was trying to get out of there :p
Yeah, that was frikkin' hilarious XD

Wallach

Do Witch Doctor's realistically ever use bows? I made one of those Exalted Xbows from the pattern I found and of course it crapped out a bunch of WD stats.

-705.7 DPS
-535-748
-1.10 ATS
-101-226 Lightning Dmg
-24% DMG
-125 INT
-85 VIT

I'm sure they would. They don't really care about what particular weapon type they are holding most of the time. It's not going to blow doors off the AH since the DPS isn't huge but you'll sell it fairly priced since it has great modifiers.

The more resist is worth it IMO.

What?! That is incredibly overpriced. You can't put anything in those sockets that will give it more resist to all... and that's far better than whatever + stat you're going to put in it. Unless all the rest of your gear is just top notch then I could see that.

I mean good luck and all, but I highly doubt that will sell.

Oh I know, but everything is priced around there in the same bracket. Most have like 50 resist but 1 or 2 sockets. I'm not expecting it to sell, if not I'll stick it lower.

Ristlager

I can usually hold my own in games, but now I had to use the AH to manage NM?!? As a monk I have found the elites very hard. And I have died a number of times. What am I doing wrong? I though, by reading here, that NM was very easy with a monk? I have gone all out dps and my resistance is in the 30-40 range, but I though that I really couldn't screw up a monk in NM?

Bought two swords increasing my dps from 1200 to 2500. Hope I don't run into trouble now..

BigDug13

-705.7 DPS
-535-748
-1.10 ATS
-101-226 Lightning Dmg
-24% DMG
-125 INT
-85 VIT

Is it a level 60? Dedicating both hands to a weapon better result in 1000+ dps for a WD. My 1 handed weapon at 60 is 750 dps and I have an offhand that adds even more damage and WD stats.

Also, that main hand sword adds like 18% attack speed. Your weapon has zero attack speed, so I don't see many WD's clammoring for it.

Shouta

How many monks in thread use serenity?

I've seen most guides for monks going for dashing strike instead, but I find Serenity + (right back at ya? I don't know the name of the skill, but the one that returns part of the damage absorbed) so freaking useful for tanking mobs and using exploding palm + flesh is weak when I'm playing with a party.

My DPS is kinda low but I can take a lot of enemies at once. I guess if I went solo it'd take me a hard time to kill the enemies but at least I wouldn't die :eek:

I use Serenity but I can understand Dashing Strike, movement skill to get you in and out if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom