• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk_

I die a lot when my barb (lvl57) encounters mobs with arcane lasers or fire. What can I do? More intelligence?

wWTXa.jpg

joesmokey

Kind of at a loss on what to do now. As a wizard I have 33k DPS and 27k HP. I can easily farm Act I no problem, however that's pretty painful and I've rarely gotten good drops off of it.

Most Champions/Elites in Act II destroy me. I just got out of the sewers before finding Dahlgur Oasis and simply had to outrun two champ packs in a row to find the exit. Usually if I have room to kite I can handle myself fine (which is why Act I is so easy). In cases like the sewers though, that strategy completely goes out the window. You get two seconds to run in between them with diamond skin, but then if the champs have Waller, Vortex, Jailer, etc., you're completely screwed.

My resists are admittedly terrible at ~200 with Force Armor, however at this point to increase my resist gear without sacrificing stats costs millions. I have nowhere near that money and never do well with drops.

My build: Blizzard/Snowbound, Hydra/Venom, Diamond Skin/Crystal Skin, Magic Weapon/Force Weapon, Energy Armor/Force Armor.

For places like the sewers, teleport is probably invaluable, however I don't last very long without Diamond Skin either.

Ramirez

I'm sure they would. They don't really care about what particular weapon type they are holding most of the time. It's not going to blow doors off the AH since the DPS isn't huge but you'll sell it fairly priced since it has great modifiers.

Yea, I'll just toss it up for cheap and see what happens.

Is it a level 60? Dedicating both hands to a weapon better result in 1000+ dps for a WD. My 1 handed weapon at 60 is 750 dps and I have an offhand that adds even more damage and WD stats.

Also, that main hand sword adds like 18% attack speed. Your weapon has zero attack speed, so I don't see many WD's clammoring for it.

Yea, it's level 60.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Phew, they might've fixed Alcarnus WP-Goblin (I don't give a crap about that Goblin since he never gave me crap) but they still haven't found/fixed my secret, personal goblin :3

Macmanus

Hundreds of hours spent on this game. A healthy chunk in Inferno. I've yet to see a unique or set drop of any caliber. Though I do have the most radiant collection of Gems you've ever seen.

Atomski

So any Wizards know a good solo build for Inferno? Not looking to clear or anything just want to be able to farm for items now and then. My HP seems a bit low.. and Im low on gold :/.

s7evn

Hundreds of hours spent on this game. A healthy chunk in Inferno. I've yet to see a unique or set drop of any caliber. Though I do have the most radiant collection of Gems you've ever seen.

I'll sell you a cindercoat for cheap. Those things are garbage for my monk.

Sophia

Hmm. Did they change something? I'm getting slaughtered on mobs on Hell difficulty that I was easily wiping the floor with last night. :\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So any Wizards know a good solo build for Inferno? Not looking to clear or anything just want to be able to farm for items now and then. My HP seems a bit low.. and Im low on gold :/.
I've been going with the following set-up:

Shock Pulse (piercing orb)
Blizzard (rune that increases damage)
Hydra (venom)
Energy Armor (the nerfed rune)
Magic Weapon (force weapon)
Diamond Skin (the rune that increases the amount it absorbs)

And it's been working kind of good for me. As long as I've got enough room to kite.

neoism

guys do you thing Blizz would consider and ptach in the future to increase the font size... that shit it like 8 or 10 or something... running the game in 720p...I would love it to be 12 or 13... or something.

LordCanti

Phew, they might've fixed Alcarnus WP-Goblin (I don't give a crap about that Goblin since he never gave me crap) but they still haven't found/fixed my secret, personal goblin :3

Is he in Old Tristram? If so, nope, not nerfed yet. Gems continue to lose all value due to that and the cellar run.

Should I spend 1.7 million for the inferno secret level?

I got some pretty good drops in the hour or so I spent in there. It's up to you. Personally, I can't see myself spending the gold, but I'm willing to be the ranged DPS for anyone else that has the staff.

Shouta

Secret Goblin, eh? Do we need to strong-arm some information here?

I've encountered the Alcarnus Goblin today, myself.

Macmanus

Is he in Old Tristram? If so, nope, not nerfed yet. Gems continue to lose all value due to that and the cellar run.

You don't think the commodities trade being out of commish for a long ass time and everyone having boat loads of the things stock piled might have had a bit more drastic of an effect?

Ghost23

Ok guys so I'm having difficulty deciding whether I should use a 2-handed or a 1-handed + source. I'm a level 51 wizard, and I am currently using a 2-handed because of blizzard, arcane orb, and other high arcane spells. Am I doing this right? I think I heard somewhere that the smaller your weapon attack speed is, the less arcane it takes for spells like Disintegrate and arcane orb. Is that true?

Anybody? This thread goes so fast.

Yoshichan

Secret Goblin, eh? Do we need to strong-arm some information here?

I've encountered the Alcarnus Goblin today, myself.
:lol I was kidding, some people prefer Alcarnus WP but I hate that place (terrible angle to fight on and way too many enemies imo). The Ancient Path is so much better imo, you walk to the right a bit, then up a small cliff, then reset if he's not there. Sometime you get to fight a champion, but you've got plenty of room to kite. I like it a lot more, and the angle (you're at the bottom, enemies are at the top) is much more superior for me as a caster!

edit: I can also say that the treasure goblin in Ancient Path WP is like 1/3 while the goblin in Alcarnus is like... 1/5 for me.

My game is on highest settings and I swear I don't get that much detail out of the character models. What sorcery is this?

It looks like zoom when inventory is up. Game does look good, I wish it would look much better though. Screw people with bad computers lol.

mr2xxx

Banned
qyAFc.jpg

Just found this thing and I'm trying to figure out a price. Seems like a great roll without useless stats and those three spots can fill up with dex nicely, any suggestions and also is +10 Max. discipline a lot or not? Right now I'm thinking 1 mill. since I'm not in a rush to sell.

RivalCore

You don't think the commodities trade being out of commish for a long ass time and everyone having boat loads of the things stock piled might have had a bit more drastic of an effect?

Did they ever give an explanation for why commodities were removed? I completely missed out on the reasoning.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

1-handed + source is probably better in the long run, but it's more expensive. You can get high dps relatively cheaply if you buy a 2-hander, so if you're not level 60 yet you should probably go for that.

As for faster weapons making your spells cost less...technically it doesn't. But if you have the prodigy passive on you'll be hitting things more frequently with a faster weapon thus gaining arcane power back more frequently. But it doesn't reduce the cost just from sitting in your weapon slot, no.

Ferrio

Banned
qyAFc.jpg

Just found this thing and I'm trying to figure out a price. Seems like a great roll without useless stats and those three spots can fill up with dex nicely, any suggestions and also is +10 Max. discipline a lot or not? Right now I'm thinking 1 mill. since I'm not in a rush to sell.

As a DH I wouldn't want it. +10 disc is nice though, that'd bring me up to 50 disc... maybe I should look for a chest piece with disc.

LordCanti

What kind of drops? Act 4 kind of drops?

I got a couple of blacksmith plans, and yeah, the drops were in line with Act 3/4. If you can't kill the champ mobs there you'll run into a wall though.

They at least had value on the Blizzard forums before. Now they go for almost nothing =/

One person can farm hundreds of them per hour. Multiply that by the number of people that know about it from forums/youtube/etc, and it's a lot of additional gems.

I see your point though; the value was likely to dive in any case.

As a DH I wouldn't want it. +10 disc is nice though, that'd bring me up to 50 disc... maybe I should look for a chest piece with disc.

Without sacrificing DPS, it's going to cost you.

I would say it depends on the build. In early hell, when I took out signature skills and used Arcane orb (tap the source) as my main source of dps, I found 2 handers to be much better (cheaper too) each hit did more damage. I had a 500 dps 2handed sword with 1.00 attack speed at 56 and that worked out quite well and it only cost me ~50k. However, once I switched over to the standard hydra/blizzard build for the act 3 and 4, I found that the drop in attack speed really hurts your kiting ability. The extra time it takes to cast an extra blizzard or drop another hydra using a slower 2hander than a faster 1h/off makes a difference (though if you were to stack a ton of attack speed armor that could help negate the difference, its real expensive to do so though)

I would suggest trying both out, since mid 50s weapons are relatively cheap, see what works for your playstyle.

I just got to inferno yesterday and have moved back to 1h/off, and while i lose a bit of damage i think my survivability has improved.

Opiate

Of course you're not. I realise others like to play that way. I don't however, because I tried it once and it trivialised the game. It was almost like using a cheat code. Not my thing at all.

Absolutely, that's completely reasonable. I'm just distinguishing between bad game design -- something like some of the abilities which are completely worthless at level 60, which no one would appreciate -- and design which just doesn't happen to suit your tastes. The AH fits the latter description, I believe.

Shouta

:lol I was kidding, some people prefer Alcarnus WP but I hate that place (terrible angle to fight on and way too many enemies imo). The Ancient Path is so much better imo, you walk to the right a bit, then up a small cliff, then reset if he's not there. Sometime you get to fight a champion, but you've got plenty of room to kite. I like it a lot more, and the angle (you're at the bottom, enemies are at the top) is much more superior for me as a caster!

edit: I can also say that the treasure goblin in Ancient Path WP is like 1/3 while the goblin in Alcarnus is like... 1/5 for me.

I totally forgot about that goblin! Thanks. Now I can farm Valor and go after a few of them. =o

Wallach

qyAFc.jpg

I think +10 is the max you can roll on maximum Discipline. It's huge either way (base Discipline is only 30). The only problem with this piece is the lack of Dexterity; defensive stats are certainly good, but DH are still currently way behind the gear curve, and most of them can't feasibly gear around defensive stats and make progress in Inferno. Use the AH to search for similar items and keep an eye out on which pieces show up as "Sold" and and what prices (sort by Buyout value to see where the sold item was roughly in terms of price). It's something that the value of goes up as more DHs get better gear.

Belgorim

Managed to slay Belial finally.... Now act 3 inferno is another story, died to the first champ-pack with my barbarian in five different games... those bastards hurt.... only managed to get one neph-buff up before next pack was fast, horde, arcane, frozen and I left.

Edit: I'm finding it harder and harder to get upgrades now, have no idea where I am going now, I'm already at 11k armor and 900 resists. dps about 35k

Yoshichan

I totally forgot about that goblin! Thanks. Now I can farm Valor and go after a few of them. =o
Oh yeah... NV... forgot about that. Something I shouldn't be forgetting, considering the fact that I did 200 butcher runs with 5 NV a couple of days ago :_: What a big waste of time that was.

johnsmith

remember me
I die a lot when my barb (lvl57) encounters mobs with arcane lasers or fire. What can I do? More intelligence?

wWTXa.jpg

It'd probably be a good idea to hit the AH and upgrade your gear. Here's mine for comparison, i'm level 56. Other than that, just keep the fight moving to areas that aren't full of fire and lasers. Use leap to get out of the laser's way, especially when there's a bunch of them grouped up.

GbJQc.jpg

Volodja

Just found my first Legendary and I don't know if I should give in to the curiosity and see what it is or if I should wait for the buff, in case the rolls for the affixes happen at the time of identification.

Yoshichan

Just found my first Legendary and I don't know if I should give in to the curiosity and see what it is or if I should wait for the buff, in case the rolls for the affixes happen at the time of identification.
It won't work that way, if you get a legendary now, it's not gonna change after the patch.

Shouta

Oh yeah... NV... forgot about that. Something I shouldn't be forgetting, considering the fact that I did 200 butcher runs with 5 NV a couple of days ago :_: What a big waste of time that was.

I got some good stuff from the Butcher before, helped build my cash up, heh. Not as good as Act 2 though.

LordCanti

I've been hearing that the roll is decided on drop. I don't know where that information came from though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you're having trouble with Hell, I recommend gathering around 100k and going into the Auction House to buy a level requirement reduced weapon.

Select Reduced Level Requirement and set the value at whatever the difference between your level and level 60 is. Set the level range of the item from 60 - 60, and then search for the highest damage weapon you can.

I was able to pick up a 640 DPS 2hander as a Barbarian at level 54 and it made things a lot easier (I was getting absolutely murdered in Act 2). I've now got almost 30k DPS with my shout active and max Fury.

Yoshichan

I got some good stuff from the Butcher before, helped build my cash up, heh. Not as good as Act 2 though.
I just dislike that a fucking main boss on inferno (a difficulty that's ALL LEVEL 60 CONTENT doesn't drop all ilvl60-stuff ._. Heck, even grey skeleton trash should drop lvl60 trash-loot... but hey, that's just my opinion.

mr2xxx

Banned
I think +10 is the max you can roll on maximum Discipline. It's huge either way (base Discipline is only 30). The only problem with this piece is the lack of Dexterity; defensive stats are certainly good, but DH are still currently way behind the gear curve, and most of them can't feasibly gear around defensive stats and make progress in Inferno. Use the AH to search for similar items and keep an eye out on which pieces show up as "Sold" and and what prices (sort by Buyout value to see where the sold item was roughly in terms of price). It's something that the value of goes up as more DHs get better gear.

I just added 3 gems to add Dex to get 102 Dex on it. Checked the AH and the prices range from 1.8 mill.-5 mill for something similiar. I'll hold on to it for now and wait see how the RMAH goes.

LordCanti

Best place to farm gold? Getting really frustrated with being under-geared for inferno mode.

The Cathedral in hell. Kick over every pot/loose floor tile/barrel/corpse/etc. Put gold find gear on to make the process faster.

I just added 3 gems to add Dex to get 102 Dex on it. Checked the AH and the prices range from 1.8 mill.-5 mill for something similiar. I'll hold on to it for now and wait see how the RMAH goes.

There's no way it's going for that. I see similar items for 500k, and they aren't selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom