• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
wth, blizzard just locked my account.
Due to recent in-game activity your account has been disabled.
I just bought a cheap peace of armor and then I immediately get my account locked.

How long have you played the game for?
In that time frame, was anything shady done?

Thoraxes

wth, blizzard just locked my account.
Due to recent in-game activity your account has been disabled.
I just bought a cheap peace of armor and then I immediately get my account locked.

I think it has something to do with adding the sigils. I relogged in, answered my security question, and BAM, all 5 were there.

No e-mail was sent and nothing else happened.

The only thing i've done was farm Sarkoth, and legit. As in my own two hands did it.

Any wizards have any opinion on how important an armor piece that reduces the mana cost of hydra would be? It has vit/int and a socket, which is easy to get a price estimate on, but I don't know what value to put on the mana reduction.
222.png

gonna re-ask this question:

Can someone explain to me how the AH filter Bonus Minimum Physical Damage works with damage range modifiers like +13-32 damage?

Like, if I set BMPD to 15 when searching, it shows me a bunch of equip with the stat +15 and above minimum damage. It also shows me a few equipments with damage range modifiers. I have a ring with a +15-29 damage modifier, how would that show up in searches?

Also, is +15-29 damage strictly superior to the +15 minimum damage mod?

balddemon

Banned
uhhh my website account got locked and they said they sent an email but nothing has arrived. i can log in to the game lol. this is weird

edit: changed pw, now it works, wtf. said there was an attempted acccount theft?

Can someone explain to me how the AH filter Bonus Minimum Physical Damage works with damage range modifiers like +13-32 damage?

Like, if I set BMPD to 15 when searching, it shows me a bunch of equip with the stat +15 and above minimum damage. It also shows me a few equipments with damage range modifiers. I have a ring with a +15-29 damage modifier, how would that show up in searches?

Just my assumption, but a +15-29 would be better than the +15, since the 15-29 adds a minimum of 15 damage, and can go as high as 29, depending on how dickish the RNG is at that particular moment. It doesn't seem like a stat that is useful at high levels since it becomes a much smaller fraction of damage than at lower levels.

scy

Thanks a bunch. Do you know if the overall dps on the inventory includes crit dmg / chance?

The Damage in the inventory reflects Crit Damage and Crit Chance.

Weapon DPS on a weapon itself does not reflect this, however.

+15-29 is strictly superior to just +15. They both add a minimum of +15 Damage while the damage range has the added bonus of an extra +14 damage on top. If you want to think of it another way, +15-29 is essentially +22 Average Damage while +15 Min. Damage is just +15 Average Damage.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Just my assumption, but a +15-29 would be better than the +15, since the 15-29 adds a minimum of 15 damage, and can go as high as 29, depending on how dickish the RNG is at that particular moment. It doesn't seem like a stat that is useful at high levels since it becomes a much smaller fraction of damage than at lower levels.

It's still useful, just not as much. The min/max damage gets added into the base weapon damage and then is modified by str/dex/int.

Yesterday this dropped for me, but prices at the AH are very random and I couldn't find an all resists, similar to this one:

ZbpCJ.jpg

Any idea of the price?

Any wizards have any opinion on how important an armor piece that reduces the mana cost of hydra would be? It has vit/int and a socket, which is easy to get a price estimate on, but I don't know what value to put on the mana reduction.
222.png

Hydra lasts forever and barely costs any mana.

rCIZZLE

ringea.png

Need someone with knowledge of collectors items
:p
that can give me an accurate price for such an item. Max GF and MF with some decent dex to top it off. The AH seems to have too few close to it to get an idea of what it'd be worth.

Neki

ringea.png

Need someone with knowledge of collectors items
:p
that can give me an accurate price for such an item. Max GF and MF with some decent dex to top it off. The AH seems to have too few close to it to get an idea of what it'd be worth.

Ask Artanissix, he might want that item. :p

edit: If NV was avaiable at level 10, that'd just discourage switching skills unless they re-vamped it. The way it works now forces you into one spec.

Seth C

Ah, another romp through Act 1 of Hell in the hopes of finding even one piece of an equipment that would be an upgrade so that I could take on Act 2. Luckily it presents so little challenge that I can wear all of my magic gear. Unfortunately it was not to be. I was presented instead with rare staffs as far as the eye could see! 30 gloves crafted, each and every one geared toward magic users, with buffs for intelligence. Strength? Vitality? Silly stats, who needs them? Perhaps one day I will replace this ring from Act 2 of Normal. Thankfully I am now level 58, so I shall soon be able to stack NV and find LOTS of stuff that won't help me progress at all.

Seriously though, has anyone else noticed when crafting that the game seems to have certain "times" where it will basically craft the same thing over and over? If you're getting intelligence boosts it seems useless to try again as you will just get similar things over and over. IF you wait a few hours, then you can craft the same item and it will be in a different "groove".

inky

Yesterday this dropped for me, but prices at the AH are very random and I couldn't find an all resists, similar to this one:

http://i.imgur.com/ZbpCJ.jpg[IMG]

Any idea of the price?[/QUOTE]

No idea, but those are fine boots, especially for someone looking for the set bonuses. Hang on to them or check more thoroughly.

MrDaravon

They should just make it so Treasure Goblins will spawn (or spawn with some % chance) when you've completely cleared a full area of enemies. Rewards clearing areas and enemies, and eliminates Goblin farming.

KingGondo

Banned
I just got my third notification from Battle.net that I've been "spamming" the chat lines.

One problem--I haven't played in about a week and I've only chatted once.

Did I get hacked? WTF is going on?

Finally got my banner sigils in game, FOS achievements are nice, gonna sell my ammy in RMAH eventually, level WD to 60 then lay off the game for a while, dont feel like spending hours farming act 3 when the drops are so bad, not worth my time

zoukka

Main stat and critical hit damage aren't shown in the weapon DPS, while % weapon damage, elemental damage and % attack speed is.

This includes critical hit chance I presume?

And once you have the item, the difference tooltip shows more or the same?

Ashhong

222.png

Not important at all.

I just got my third notification from Battle.net that I've been "spamming" the chat lines.

One problem--I haven't played in about a week and I've only chatted once.

Did I get hacked? WTF is going on?

looks like it, first they clean your account of anything of value then they use it as a spam bot.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this was posted, but I think this post has a lot of great ideas.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809975?page=1

Dumb question about Nephalem Valor, in my opinion. While leveling up, Blizzard wants people to try out the new skills and runes they get each level. Nephalem Valor in its current implementation would discourage that. Also, the very name of Nephalem Valor is a bit of a story spoiler.

Still, a similar mechanic could be cool. Personally, I think Nephalem Valor should just be a time limit and shouldn't cancel when you swap out skills.

arimanius

For the people that are having account issues. Did you buy the digital version in the last couple of days?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888808976

Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

forrest

formerly nacire
He may be right and he may be wrong, but the game is a hell of a lot more enjoyable for me as a Barbarian now. I know it might sound crazy, but I actually enjoy the gameplay of Diablo III and am interested in going through the content and killing monsters.

I'm not really sure how the post in question says that anyone who disagrees with the ilvl 63 droprates being reduced for Act 3-4 doesn't enjoy the gameplay or are disinterested in going through the content and killing monsters.

There are things I like about the patch and things I dislike about the patch, but I'm not sure I can say that as a Demon Hunter I'm finding it much more enjoyable. I still love the game, I still love the demon hunter class, though I really think it may be in a worse state than Blizzard thinks, I still want to run all of the acts for fun and loot, but I definitely don't like getting less where I was getting more.

forrest

formerly nacire
The core of the complaints regarding loot is that he (quite rightly, IMO) expects that the expected value per unit time spent farming should be highest when clearing packs at the highest difficultly. That isn't the case right now. You're better off facerolling Act 2 with your extremely geared characters while watching Netflix or Hulu than playing content at an appropriate challenge level.

My fear is that Blizzard's solution will simply be to bring down the EV for Act 1/2 .

This is kinda my point of posting it. I thought it was a pretty well constructed post with some interesting points. As someone who was farming Act 3 a lot, I certainly feel the change since the patch dropped and well...I'm not real happy about it, but I will live.

Blargh!! Double post again!

So the new ZK exploit (heh)... If you have one character kill him and hold the game open, can you have multiple people join and rejoin that game to continue getting the boosts?

So say I have a 60 friend kill him and just sit in ZKs chamber.
Then I turn in quest and leave game, and rejoin and turn in quest, and leave, etc.
If I also have another friend doing the same game (three people total) does it still work?

Nafai1123

Banned
Does a specific resist + resist all stack for a Monk?

Eg. If I have an item with +35 arcane res and +10 all resist, will my total resists go up +45 with the passive Monk skill?

Lesath

Does a specific resist + resist all stack for a Monk?

Eg. If I have an item with +35 arcane res and +10 all resist, will my total resists go up +45 with the passive Monk skill?

Yes; it just takes the highest value of resist you have and applies it across the board.

Bree

Judging by the numerous posts in this thread, there isn't a way to price-check the value of items? Anyone know of any unofficial plans to put some kind of price tracker together?

TheContact

Wow so I accidentally threw the white inferno pony level staff on the ground because it was white and I ticketed blizz to get it back but they said they can't do item restorations. I mean, yea I fucked up, but they also knew they fucked up because this patch they made it orange and undroppable. So lame =\

Neki

Judging by the numerous posts in this thread, there isn't a way to price-check the value of items? Anyone know of any unofficial plans to put some kind of price tracker together?

1) Put in 3 stats into AH
2) Search
3) Look at prices
4) Look at bids
5) Look at date of time of items currently up
6) Compare stats of your item to their item
7) Evaluate and guesstimate price
8) Put item up for similar cost or undercut by large margin
9) ???
10) Profit

pretty easy

or, you could:

1) Put item up for 100 gold bid
2) Collect money in 1 and a half days

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow so I accidentally threw the white inferno pony level staff on the ground because it was white and I ticketed blizz to get it back but they said they can't do item restorations. I mean, yea I fucked up, but they also knew they fucked up because this patch they made it orange and undroppable. So lame =\

Should be able to do a complete roll back shouldn't they?

Sometimes I'm genuinely blown away by what people buy. I just put up gloves that had some good-ish stats, but at the same time you could have got it for a decent amount of gold, none the less someone bought it for 15 bucks.

Me no understandy people but me no care. Maybe there's just people with money to burn who don't feel like accumulating gold and all that.

Xanathus

OK there's definitely something screwed up with act 3 loot tables, 3 full runs and I get literally nothing sellable on the AH. 2 quick runs of Act 1 and I have items worth nearly 2 million (up to 1 million already sold).

They should just make it so Treasure Goblins will spawn (or spawn with some % chance) when you've completely cleared a full area of enemies. Rewards clearing areas and enemies, and eliminates Goblin farming.

That makes no sense, since one of the main mechanics of treasure goblins is to lead you straight to a group of enemies.

Anustart

OK there's definitely something screwed up with act 3 loot tables, 3 full runs and I get literally nothing sellable on the AH. 2 quick runs of Act 1 and I have items worth nearly 2 million (up to 1 million already sold).

Random game is random?

Seriously, we need to calm down a bit, some times things go your way, other times they won't.

finally managed to sell something for over 2 million

I put these claws up for like a 5m bid/12m buyout hoping to get people to bid on them. Last night before I went to sleep there were no bids on them, woke up and saw that they sold

diablo3-serenity-gnawel193.png

diablo3-serenity-gnawnc5fb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom