• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere specific to find enemies who drop higher gem plans? I've upgraded to the level 10 gems but theres higher? I love the EXP bonus one and would like the highest one when leveling my alts.

Dahbomb

Beat Hell mode with a Monk without using the AH at all. Felt good and towards the end I was feeling a bit undergeared (death rate started to climb but the repair costs at that point was still low). Everything feels so much better at everything below 60 although monster affixes still ruin your day.

Monk really needs a clutch escape mechanism. It sucks getting walled in with pools of Desecrator + Plague or whatever elemental crap is in there. The best thing you can do is turn on Serenity and try to maneuver through a crowd of enemies but that's a very valuable spell. I wish Dashing Punch worked by just clicking the ground so you can basically dash out without having to target an enemy.

Need to gear up for Inferno and got a shit ton of cheap ass upgrades for my Monk because I was really undergeared. Basically upgraded all my equipment for under 20K. Still have a long ways to go before I am Inferno ready. The journey to it was fun, now the pain begins... again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A new Helm has been damn hard to find. I have been trying to find a decent upgrade for the last few days. All I wanted was Vitality, Int, and good Armor, and a Socket. 4 things. Saw this recently listed, fit bill of what I wanted, paid 1.2 Million:
theglamor.jpg

Was a little bored of farming so I decided to try the speedrun achievement for finishing each act in under an hour. Started with Act 2, and figured I'm not gonna be a noob and do it on an earlier difficulty, so I did it on Inferno. I actually died once or twice, but it was honestly pretty fun to try to race against the clock like that.

Finished with about 8 minutes on the clock.

A nice diversion from always farming.

Ended up accidentally getting 2 other achievements in the process. One for disrupting those 2 altars in under 4 minutes, and another for finding zoltun kulle's body in under 2 minutes after entering the forgotten ruins.

A new Helm has been damn hard to find. I have been trying to find a decent upgrade for the last few days. All I wanted was Vitality, Int, and good Armor, and a Socket. 4 things. Saw this recently listed, fit bill of what I wanted, paid 1.2 Million:
theglamor.jpg

Thing of beauty. Glamour lol

Ashhong

what the hell do I want to look for in a wizards weapon other than the obvious intel and vitality? my build is the kiting style, with focus on venom hydra for attack and blizzard to slow. i figure i dont need a 1 hander and i should just look for high damage 2 handers? any other affixes i should look for? cant search for critical hit chance..

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
has anyone else had a bug with NV stacks disappearing? It's happened multiple times to me doing butcher runs.

How high have people been able to get Scoundrels DPS up too? My guys at 5000, seems low.

Not sure about Scoundrel, but my Enchantress is 5.5k. I could get her higher with better rings and an amulet. Her relic is pretty ridiculous (I found it, too) so I don't see that being upgraded, and her weapon is also fairly ridiculous (found that too). I could upgrade the weapon if I wanted to spend about 5m gold on the AH, but I think with just 5m spread across some rings and amulet i could get her up to 6.5k easily. If I upgraded her weapon too I think 8k is within the realm of possibility.

has anyone else had a bug with NV stacks disappearing? It's happened multiple times to me doing butcher runs.
It's just Blizzard encouraging you to run goblins instead.

You have a better item/hour ratio with goblins, so Blizzard will make more profit as you turnover onto the RMAH.
Who would buy a nightmare or hell run of something in act 2?
There is a glitch that will likely be hotfixed that allows you to level very quickly through ZK (again).

Shouta

Beat Hell mode with a Monk without using the AH at all. Felt good and towards the end I was feeling a bit undergeared (death rate started to climb but the repair costs at that point was still low). Everything feels so much better at everything below 60 although monster affixes still ruin your day.

Monk really needs a clutch escape mechanism. It sucks getting walled in with pools of Desecrator + Plague or whatever elemental crap is in there. The best thing you can do is turn on Serenity and try to maneuver through a crowd of enemies but that's a very valuable spell. I wish Dashing Punch worked by just clicking the ground so you can basically dash out without having to target an enemy.

Need to gear up for Inferno and got a shit ton of cheap ass upgrades for my Monk because I was really undergeared. Basically upgraded all my equipment for under 20K. Still have a long ways to go before I am Inferno ready. The journey to it was fun, now the pain begins... again.

Lashing Tail Kick - Sweeping Armada to kick enemies out is a very good choice to make up for Dashing Strike being stupid and Tempest Rune being underwhelming.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So fellow WD why all the hate?

Inferno is a lot tougher as a WD when you can only afford a weapon that gets you 12k damage (nerfed from 15k due to the IAS patch), your health is 28k, and your resists are less than 250. I was only able to get this far by purchasing a 63-level 840dps axe on the auction house.

I've gone back to farming hell act 4, where at least i now have a (very small) chance of picking up something decent, as opposed to a non-existent chance.

kpeezy

Banned
I'm mostly upset by the fact that they basically completely leveled the playing field.

Before the patch, none of my friends could even start Act 3, much less Act 4. I'm reaping the rewards from spec'ing smartly (IAS, crit dmg, survivable builds) and playing well (learning all attacks/patterns in the game) and then all of the sudden none of that matters. My friends who have shitty characters and are just bad in general at the game now farm equally effectively and with ease. It feels to me me like Blizzard just wants to reward time spent in game as opposed to rewarding skill (well, not much skill involved in D3 but you know).

I'm mostly upset by the fact that they basically completely leveled the playing field.

Before the patch, none of my friends could even start Act 3, much less Act 4. I'm reaping the rewards from spec'ing smartly (IAS, crit dmg, survivable builds) and playing well (learning all attacks/patterns in the game) and then all of the sudden none of that matters. My friends who have shitty characters and are just bad in general at the game now farm equally effectively and with ease. It feels to me me like Blizzard just wants to reward time spent in game as opposed to rewarding skill (well, not much skill involved in D3 but you know).

There is only so much to do in the game until they add more content

Lashing Tail Kick - Sweeping Armada to kick enemies out is a very good choice to make up for Dashing Strike being stupid and Tempest Rune being underwhelming.

Yes ... I love this skill so much for crowd control. I'm always amazed at builds without it TBH. How do you escape things like firechains, or illusionist, or if you're swarmed and need to relocate before an arcane blasts you.

I would love to double up my primary skill and either add deadly reach or crippling wave in right now. I freak at teh thought of giving up lashing tail kick though.

Not sure what you mean by that or how it applies to what I said. Anyway, if this is the "diversity" Blizzard is looking for you can count me out.

It means who cares if more people can do inferno now, not like there is much to do after you beat the game anyway, maybe its time to take a break if it bugs you that much

Dahbomb

If I put in Tail Kick, then I have to give up one of my powerful skills. I am using Sweeping Wind, Serenity, Breath of Heaven, Blind and Mantra of Evasion/Conviction with Thunderfists for the Spirit builder. I guess I can take out Blind but I am not gonna like it...

And I'm done with this game again after not playing until 1.03. The end game progression in this game is just fucking miserable. I guess I could grind a few hundred hours to replace my current rares with the same goddamn thing but with higher stats but... no. This shit is just tedious.

Give him a bow with cold damage and choose the multi-shot skill for him and you won't even really care all that much about his DPS.

Yea I have that. A 960ish Damage cold bow, and everything with as much Dex as I could get without spending millions on pieces.

My monks got two cold axes. Basically every enemy gets slowed/frozen when Im killing them.

Got my first legendary (crossbow) Shame I was playing a DH and had out leveled it by 8 levels -__-

Also Holy Hell is DH fast to level, vault is amazing. Ran through the game in 7 hours now to clear the next 2 difficulties.. what a drag.. stupid monk being on USA servers.

rukland

And I'm done with this game again after not playing until 1.03. The end game progression in this game is just fucking miserable. I guess I could grind a few hundred hours to replace my current rares with the same goddamn thing but with higher stats but... no. This shit is just tedious.

Welcome to Diablo, that what the game has always been. You gotta love the grind or you are going to hate the game.

Ok...drunk off my ass....got my wiz dps up to 25k buffed...33k hp and back to trying to far infoerno act one.

Man...some affix combos still just rape me. I got some gold named spider right at the entrance to Arranea (sp?) and just destroyed me constantly. Literally the damned thing was sitting at the door war...and the spiderlings. Goddamn.

No real decent drops so far and it takes me forever to get neph valor up...

How does selling crafting mats work?

They have to buy at least the number in my stack and it pretty much has to be the cheapest?

Edit: I don't see my undercut showing up.

I doubt you have to be the cheapest. I never undercut prices on mine and they sell instantly.

You do have to have the cheapest. But you don't notice it because commodities are extremely liquid. i.e. there's a huge volume of buying / selling going on so even if you aren't the lowest at the time you list it, buyers will come in and snatch all the low priced stuff and yours will be next in line.

I sold an okay quiver for $35. There were a billion just like it on the gold AH for not too much. I'll never understand this but I will keep doing it.

Welcome to Diablo, that what the game has always been. You gotta love the grind or you are going to hate the game.

Bullshit, I've played every Diablo and have multiple untwinked self-found only Hell wins of lod, including a unwtinked self-found harcore Hell win and Diablo 3's end game gear progression is a miserly, miserable, pathetic slow grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom