• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

OK there's definitely something screwed up with act 3 loot tables, 3 full runs and I get literally nothing sellable on the AH. 2 quick runs of Act 1 and I have items worth nearly 2 million (up to 1 million already sold).

STOP MAKING STUFF UP AND PROPAGANDA AND JUNK, HUGE COINDENCES ALL AROUND

am I doing it right

Ketch

So what's with all the WD hate?

Where are you stuck? What spec are you using? what are you stats?

WD is far and away my favorite class (i've got a barb and DH to ACT IV hell and plenty of hours into monk aswell).

I'm currently walking through ACT 1 both solo and coop... around 400 resists 38k hp and 1500 dps...

Currently using Toad affinity, grasp/raining corpses, locusts/mana return, haunt/mana return, fear/armor buff, spirit walk/healing journey. My passives are bad medicine, jungle fortitude, and whatever the free spirit walk one is.

So fellow WD why all the hate?

Xanathus

Random game is random?

Seriously, we need to calm down a bit, some times things go your way, other times they won't.

Assuming that there isn't a bug in the loot table coding, I suspect that the increased ilvl drop rates in act 3/4 aren't balanced towards the increased difficulty of those zones. Anyway there's nothing I can do about except just keep farming Act 1, it's more fun anyway.

edit: and just typing in capslock makes you look like an idiot who's actually way more angry than the people you're trying to argue against ^

Deadly

So the new ZK exploit (heh)... If you have one character kill him and hold the game open, can you have multiple people join and rejoin that game to continue getting the boosts?

So say I have a 60 friend kill him and just sit in ZKs chamber.
Then I turn in quest and leave game, and rejoin and turn in quest, and leave, etc.
If I also have another friend doing the same game (three people total) does it still work?
No point in having more than one person because you continuously join on one then remake

GJS

An official price check would be stupid

There is pretty much an automated price check for commodities now.

Since 1.0.3 when you sell a commodity it automatically puts the average of the last 10 sales in the price box, which is constantly getting lower due to people undercutting to sell quick. With it automatically selecting that value I assume less people are pricing at the current buy price, letting the average constantly pull the price down.

I'm seeing a lot of commodities shooting down in price, although how much of that is due to increased drops or this can't be said.

Sometimes I'm genuinely blown away by what people buy. I just put up gloves that had some good-ish stats, but at the same time you could have got it for a decent amount of gold, none the less someone bought it for 15 bucks.

Me no understandy people but me no care. Maybe there's just people with money to burn who don't feel like accumulating gold and all that.

I think people are just too lazy to figure out the gold to dollar conversion. I'm thinking you'll see this a lot less when/if they open up gold for sale on the RMAH.

forrest

formerly nacire
So if something on the RMAH has a min bid of 250.00 with no buyout how do you bid? I opened the window and it says the min bid is 262.50? Isn't the max 250.00?

Deadly

Since 1.0.3 when you sell a commodity it automatically puts the average of the last 10 sales in the price box, which is constantly getting lower due to people undercutting to sell quick. With it automatically selecting that value I assume less people are pricing at the current buy price, letting the average constantly pull the price down.

I'm seeing a lot of commodities shooting down in price, although how much of that is due to increased drops or this can't be said.
Eh hasn't it always been like that for commodities?

Which is the stupidist thing EVER. I put up essenses and they sell in seconds. They sell faster than any item I've ever sold.

Xanathus

So if something on the RMAH has a min bid of 250.00 with no buyout how do you bid? I opened the window and it says the min bid is 262.50? Isn't the max 250.00?
Heh, it means that the item has already been bid upon so there's no way for anyone else to bid further. Which is pretty dumb of the seller since setting a 250 buyout would have instantly finished the sale.

Ketch

Hopefully you're not planning on paying $250 for something, but I suspect you'd be able to bid just fine and then the seller would get a total of 250 after everyone else gets their cut.

forrest

formerly nacire
Hopefully you're not planning on paying $250 for something, but I suspect you'd be able to bid just fine and then the seller would get a total of 250 after everyone else gets their cut.

Well I sold a belt from a monk set and something else and accidentally put them in as Battle.net instead of paypal. So I have a balance here and I'm unsure of what to do with it. Buy stuff I'll use or buy something of high value and resell it to get the money.

OK there's definitely something screwed up with act 3 loot tables, 3 full runs and I get literally nothing sellable on the AH. 2 quick runs of Act 1 and I have items worth nearly 2 million (up to 1 million already sold).

I did 4 act 1/2 runs and got shit, did one act 3 run and got a fist weapon worth up to 10-15m

Xanathus

Well I sold a belt from a monk set and something else and accidentally put them in as Battle.net instead of paypal. So I have a balance here and I'm unsure of what to do with it. Buy stuff I'll use or buy something of high value and resell it to get the money.
Get a trusted friend who has a D3 account to set an auction for a crappy item for max value, then buy that item. Money goes to your friend's paypal and he can then give you the final value in cash.

Ketch

Well... hopefully my item doesn't sell then (odd feeling) because I'd rather just have it go to paypal...

You can use it for like Heart of the Swarm and the inevitable D3 expansion right?

Nope I've gone back and forth with Blizzard on this for a week. They won't budge.

By doing this, Blizz garauntees another sale. If you want those blizz bucks into dollars, you need to use your blizz bucks to buy and flip something. They make 15% off of that blizz buck transaction. Both of them actually.

You know what's unfair?

Monsters get enrage timers when players don't.

Think about it, if so much time passed that monsters are actually pissed at us for not killing them fast enough, HOW ANGRY ARE WE,
when these bastards don't die? When they cost us 30k repairs???
I say- make it DWGSHGIH RAGIN TIME!!! SUDDEN DEATH MODE! for both of us!

Some mobs are clearly designed to make players rage and nothing else anyway.

Xanathus

You know what's unfair?

Monsters get enrage timers when players don't.

Think about it, if so much time passed that monsters are actually pissed at us for not killing them fast enough, HOW ANGRY ARE WE,
when these bastards don't die? When they cost us 30k repairs???
I say- make it DWGSHGIH RAGIN TIME!!! SUDDEN DEATH MODE! for both of us!

Some mobs are clearly designed to make players rage and nothing else anyway.

Aside from shielding elites which may be bugged, having a monster enrage on you is the game's way of telling you that you're undergeared/powered. So complaining about this is like complaining that you can't kill Inferno Diablo when you just hit level 60.

only possible explination:

This is my experience as well. As long as ilvl 61/62 items have really high value, it's better to faceroll through Act 1/2 than it is to farm Act 3 for i63s and have to somewhat work for it. Especially if you can roll through the acts with something like some extra gold find on your gear. Eventually you will hit a breakpoint after upgrades where farming the next Act is almost as fast/safe and you go there because the EV is better.

Presumably as i60-i62 gear becomes more abundant there will be even more of a premium on good i63 rares in comparison, and this should drive down the EV for Acts 1 and 2 and make Act 3 more appealing. This process will likely take months to sort out though. The supply and demand for stat/vit/all resist armor alone and well rolled i59-i61 jewelry will make Act I farming good for quite some time.

None of the loot table changes make sense unless you look at it from the long term health of the planned economy. If you are going to build with months in mind, then having less abundant (and they were abundant!) Act 3/4 drops is sort of necessary to maintain a gear progression curve of new character in i58-i60, to i61s, to well rolled i61s/62s, to well rolled i63s, to best rolled i63s/set/legendary.

Yup, the launch website promo sigils went through for me today too.

I now officially have all the currently possible feats of strength in the game. Which is neat, considering it's basically impossible for anyone to have everything in WoW.

It'll kinda suck when I end up missing some for things like Blizzcon (though if they hand them out with the virtual passes, I'll probably get those.)

Is there an easier way to get the gibbering gemstone for the staff of herding? It's the only thing I'm missing but I always get ass fucked in act 3.

Raxus

ugh. Spent hours farming Act 1 with 5 stacks and nothing to show for it. I really need stuff on all my characters but I can't afford them at the moment. I really want to strangle the AH at the moment.

UberTag

Yup, the launch website promo sigils went through for me today too.

I now officially have all the currently possible feats of strength in the game. Which is neat, considering it's basically impossible for anyone to have everything in WoW.
How many of these are there in total right now?
Just the two that can be earned in the game for Whimsyshire and Developer Hell and the beta ones?

Is there an easier way to get the gibbering gemstone for the staff of herding? It's the only thing I'm missing but I always get ass fucked in act 3.
You could always try earning the Gemstone in a lower difficulty. Chiltara spawns just fine in Normal.

HenryHSH

Which is the stupidist thing EVER. I put up essenses and they sell in seconds. They sell faster than any item I've ever sold.

Look at the gem market. People are undercutting so much that they're selling high end gems at a loss... I thought I could make a huge profit making top tier gems and selling them... Nope.

example:
AljtA.png

Quick math so could be wrong, but it takes 1,900,000 to make one, starting from flawless squares, including crafting costs. That's assuming you have all the gems needed. If you sell it for the average sell price and take into account the 15% fee, you lose about 200k.

If you put it up at 2.3M, your gem will be at the bottom of the queue since the way I think the system works is the lowest priced gem gets sale priority and if people keep dropping the price, they're put at the start of the sell queue.

No clue what people are thinking...

edit: actually I am wrong. it costs 1.6M to make one from flawless square assuming you have all the materials.

27 * 30k = 810000
9 * 50k = 450000
3 * 80k = 240000
1 * 100k = 100000

Act III drops have been obliterated in my experience, 5 elite packs, all blues except a level 51 shield :lol. Then i ran into a pack from hell that cost me about 40k in repairs and conceded defeat.

That's not even counting my usual farm spot where i swap to 290+ MF. Again a marked increase in level 51 shite.

My best thing post patch is ... it's a fairly big upgrade for my WD at +2k DPS but I feel like I could do more with the 22 - 35 mil I'll get for it.

Amulet.

Intell - 129
Vit - 104
Crit Dmg - 59%
Attack % - 5

(Too lazy to take a screen.)

Act III drops have been obliterated in my experience, 5 elite packs, all blues except a level 51 shield :lol. Then i ran into a pack from hell that cost me about 40k in repairs and conceded defeat.

That's not even counting my usual farm spot where i swap to 290+ MF. Again a marked increase in level 51 shite.

5 stack it and get 1 rare guaranteed.

My best thing post patch is ... it's a fairly big upgrade for my WD at +2k DPS but I feel like I could do more with the 22 - 35 mil I'll get for it.

Amulet.

Intell - 129
Vit - 104
Crit Dmg - 59%
Attack % - 5

(Too lazy to take a screen.)

I will give you 99 Gaf bucks for it

How many of these are there in total right now?
Just the two that can be earned in the game for Whimsyshire and Developer Hell and the beta ones?

Whimsyshire, Developer Hell, Closed Beta, Collector's Edition, and the 5 launch site ones.

9 in total. There's a Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition one in the files/database, but that's not currently available, obviously. (I'll probably end up getting that though, sigh.)

UberTag

edit: actually I am wrong. it costs 1.6M to make one from flawless square assuming you have all the materials.

27 * 30k = 810000
9 * 50k = 450000
3 * 80k = 240000
1 * 100k = 100000
That looks like a money winning proposition to me.
Craft one Flawless Star Emerald for 1.6 million, sell it for 2.1 million.
Net profit = 185,000.

Granted you also have to factor in the cost of tomes, the initial flawless squares (emeralds are the most expensive here) and the initial recipe investment (I'll probably start with rubies).

Work your way up to Radiant Star and you probably can make millions crafting gems. Provided people can afford to buy them. That's the real variable in play.

Cipherr

Anyone done Inferno Cydea since the patch? I used to curb stomp that fight, but man I took a lot of damage downing her yesterday. It took me 3 attempts, spiders were tagging me from a mile away. Probably lag though.

HenryHSH

Net profit = 185,000.

Granted you also have to factor in the cost of tomes, the initial flawless squares (emeralds are the most expensive here) and the initial recipe investment (I'll probably start with rubies).

Work your way up to Radiant Star and you probably can make millions crafting gems. Provided people can afford to buy them. That's the real variable in play.

Yeah i realized it after I posted. Bought 81 Flawless squares for 36450. Total cost = 1636450 for flawless star.

I'll make a little over 100k a sale. Not bad.

edit: need auto crafter... -_-

Deadly

Anyone done Inferno Cydea since the patch? I used to curb stomp that fight, but man I took a lot of damage downing her yesterday. It took me 3 attempts, spiders were tagging me from a mile away. Probably lag though.
Did it on Tuesday with my friend who plays a monk. If you're well geared it should go fairly well.

Net profit = 185,000.

You need 81 emeralds and I think 174 tomes. If you have to buy them (which you will) I don't see you making money.

HenryHSH

I think you could've' sold the tomes for that much.

yeah 174 tomes to make. They sell for about 98k. I would still make a tiny profit if I had bought the tomes, but we're talking like 50k at that point...

Sold for 1,777,314. Cost me 1,636,450. Easy 140k in 2 minutes. Hmm. I'll see how fast they sell and maybe it's worth doing with tomes. Once I get enough gold, I can sell multiple ones and make more profit on them.

balddemon

Banned
Well, fuck it, I still can't do wortham on my own as Barb. Am I just too bad as a player? I thought they buffed the melee classes. But I get owned within seocnds when the big guys hit.

they didn't buff melee. only thing they changed about act 1 is the drop rates. also you should just farm Cursed hold Quest to butcher in act 1.

what are you stats? im a barb, i can do it with no fear of dying (standing in desecrator) with 600+ resists, 17% block, 10k dps, 190 LoH, and 8k armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom