• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I was kind of surprised he didn't have anything. The fight took awhile but it's pretty hard to die unless you just decide to sit and DPS for way longer than is reasonable.

Edit: I was also surprised to find that you can leash all the shadows and not even kill them. Though, I killed them all on the actual successful kill attempt.

Yeah, you can just run from them for 30s and they despawn. Pretty dumb.

Congrats btw

Dahbomb

Pvp is looking to be horribly unbalanced. SS dps DH with mobility and damage skills + hungering arrow is looking to be unbeatable. Monk will be absolute ass.
I used to believe that because I mostly only played DH but trying out a Monk I don't think he is totally screwed in PvP. Serenity gives him 4 second immunity and with Blind if he catches a DH in it which she is on her SS cooldown he can probably kill her glass cannon ass in the blind. He also has 7 Sided Strike which allows him to attack while basically not even being on the screen. He also has Dashing Strike which has a rune that has a chance to stun and it can be spammed. And finally against DHs he has Mantra of Retribution which can reflect even ranged attacks back.

scy

Yeah, you can just run from them for 30s and they despawn. Pretty dumb.

Congrats btw

The sadder part of the whole thing is that I'm not sure if I could do the fight the same way with my other, better geared, characters.

I just was at the Diablo fight on my Barb who's just geared for Act 1 farming and I wondered how the fight would go. First attempt made it to Phase 3 so I figured I'd keep trying until I got it.

nerf barbs etc.

I'm sorry if Diablo gets an enrage timer

LordCanti

The sadder part of the whole thing is that I'm not sure if I could do the fight the same way with my other, better geared, characters.

I just was at the Diablo fight on my Barb who's just geared for Act 1 farming and I wondered how the fight would go. First attempt made it to Phase 3 so I figured I'd keep trying until I got it.

nerf barbs etc.

I'm sorry if Diablo gets an enrage timer

Blizzard: "DH's have had their time. Buff Barbs. Oh and increase repair costs till half the player base rage quits the game"

linsivvi

The four man party I took him down with ran away from the shadows on every attempt. It's not worth it to try fighting them.

That's because a 4 man party is dealing with 4 shadows each with 4.3 times the hp. That's more than 17x the hp you would be facing if you were going solo.

It's not a big deal if you are soloing Diablo.

4m or so. Alternatively, anywhere from $25-$50. I watch these things religiously.

You didn't roll max discipline, or max MF, nor did it roll very high dex or vit. The niche value of discipline is really most of what it has going for it.

I have this one up for $25. I've sold three much better ones for more; Yours should go a bit higher since it has vita and % life, I'd think:

Good to know, I priced it pretty high(put it up before I read this) but I can always lower it down some. Can this Amulet roll a crit value by any chance?

scy

Blizzard: "DH's have had their time. Buff Barbs. Oh and increase repair costs till half the player base rage quits the game"

Life Steal% is just so good when you can Crit for 100k about half the time, really. I figure by the time my Barb actually gets to doing Act 3/Act 4 farming, I can reasonably have a few extra Crit% chance with 250%+ Crit Damage and 25k-30k base Damage. Won't even need to cheese WotB cooldowns for my DPS then! :x

Hell, maybe I can even run +Crit Chance Overpower with that kind of Life Steal% and DPS rather than Revel.

LordCanti

Good to know, I priced it pretty high(put it up before I read this) but I can always lower it down some. Can this Amulet roll a crit value by any chance?

It can roll Crit Chance/damage. This is what happens when it rolls one of those plus dex, plus vit (and 20% on both MF and GF if memory serves):

RxBD8.jpg

It's a very very rare roll though.

DSmalls84

Really glad I made a Barb before the patch. My highest repair so far has capped at 10k, and I haven't really been in a position where I'm spending more gold than I'm making. Thinking of rolling a Wizard soon though, since it seems like it will be a while before my WD is viable again.

I did a farming run with my DH running with spike trap and cluster grenade. It was surprisingly enjoyable. The giving damage, so crazy

I almost forgot that I enjoyed the class until I had to start playing super cheesy in Inferno. If there was a passive that was like, the opposite of Glass Cannon I'd run it for sure. Class desperately needs a way to mitigate damage properly. One rune of one ability doesn't count

Totakeke

So even with my gear being halfway complete, my monk just cruised through inferno act 2 with 1107 dex, 719 vit, 4916 armor, 746 res, 36.5% crit. Once I reached act 3 however, one elite one shots me :lol. Time to complete that gear.

zoukka

So even with my gear being halfway complete, my monk just cruised through inferno act 2 with 1107 dex, 719 vit, 4916 armor, 746 res, 36.5% crit. Once I reached act 3 however, one elite one shots me :lol. Time to complete that gear.

Where do you plan your optimal gear builds?

Totakeke

Where do you plan your optimal gear builds?

I don't have such specific plans yet, I'm just filling up gaps since some of my gear is really out of place. Since I already have a number of good crit items, I'm just going to go with more stuffs with crit. Still figuring out what skillset I want to end up using though. I currently have crit + LpSS stuff and that works quite well, but I'm not sure if I will eventually need to drop that LpSS offhand for a shield for survival in Act 3 which will change my build quite significantly. Here's the spec I was playing around with in Act 2, even managed to beat an vortex+molten+arcane+desecrator elite pack of doom... though not without some deaths.

ReconPeon

I did a farming run with my DH running with spike trap and cluster grenade. It was surprisingly enjoyable. The giving damage, so crazy

I almost forgot that I enjoyed the class until I had to start playing super cheesy in Inferno. If there was a passive that was like, the opposite of Glass Cannon I'd run it for sure. Class desperately needs a way to mitigate damage properly. One rune of one ability doesn't count

You can tank with smokescreen and gloom.

lmao @ this zrave guy on twitch tv. He invites people for "gear checks" taking tips. One dude just payed him 600,000 and another 800,000 and all he did was ramble and basically said "get more crit and crit dmg" absolutely disgusting. Why would you do that to your viewers? Esp when all you do half the time when streaming is farming for gold anyway. Eh.. to each his own I guess.
He probably got the idea from this guy:
http://www.twitch.tv/TrumpSC

He had prices for quick and in depth gear checks. Except he said he specialized in Wizard.

Now it looks like he moved on to charging a fee for 6 prop crafting.

TommyT

You can tank with smokescreen and gloom.

Right, but there's no passive that really mitigates damage (there is the one for traps, but you need to have traps down). DH are the only class that doesn't have something that is activated by damage or remains on them to absorb/mitigate damage. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but just saying there's nothing there like the other classes.

DSmalls84

Any gaffers willing to craft items for fees? Saw some people on B.net crafting Helms of Command in bulk for payment with rates based on if you provided materials or not.

Artadius

Price Check NA Please. Did a similar item search of LoH, INT, and MF and didn't find anything very close. Am I looking at a multi-million seller?

PWgeV.jpg

The term in this game, which has already been established and defined by the community, is "itemization". Even in games like WoW, RNG means "the chance for a dropped item to be something good". Well sorry, but the "chance for a dropped item to be something good" is not "affected by the AH".

But yea, I agree it's a little silly to keep arguing, because a) I agree with his original point, which is that itemization sucks, and b) I'm having more fun playing the game than arguing.

1. agree 2. agree too, and didn't really mean to get in an argument. We should all be united at the terrible itemization :p

I've been doing the no buyout thing for the last couple of days. I feel like I have been averaging higher sale prices on items that are lower end but a bit lower on other things that I figured would do huge.

Eg, I got a i61 ring that had +50 all resist and +15% or so crit damage + some gold pickup range (lol) and that was it. No significant stats at all. I figured it was a 200k or 300k ring at most given the lack of a core stat/slot, but currently it is up to over a million in bids.

Other stuff has gone for a bit lower than I feel it was worth, but that is the bidding game. I have never had something decent sell for a low amount that made me remorseful for it.

inky

Ughh, everyone keeps sniping my bids that end like at 3:00 AM. Seriously guys, fuck you, I need a new shield. They even snipe shit that goes without a bid for like 24+ hrs and I think it's pretty safe. At least a couple of them were a tad overpriced, so no buyers remorse, but still.

eek5

Ughh, everyone keeps sniping my bids that end like at 3:00 AM. Seriously guys, fuck you, I need a new shield. They even snipe shit that goes without a bid for like 24+ hrs and I think it's pretty safe. At least a couple of them were a tad overpriced, so no buyers remorse, but still.

Are you just bidding the minimum increment or putting down the max you're willing to pay?

GJS

You gotta stay up til the end of the auction to win. People that really want to win an auction aren't going to raise the price for no reason during the bidding period, everything is in the last minute.

DSmalls84

You gotta stay up til the end of the auction to win. People that really want to win an auction aren't going to raise the price for no reason during the bidding period, everything is in the last minute.

Is there any way to sort items by when the auction ends?

inky

Are you just bidding the minimum increment or putting down the max you're willing to pay?

I put the max of course, sometimes even more a bit more than that to offset a last second bid. The only good thing about this is people who want to win it so much that bid like 6.5 million on a ~4 million (estimated price) item or something, just to beat me. This has happened sometimes and I just let those go. Yesterday, there was this shield for 1 million initial bid, no buyout, I check and it has like 14hrs to go with no bids, so I say what the heck and bid on it like 3.5 million just to be sure, not expecting to even use all. I went to bed with like 2 hours left and still no bids, wake up and see the 3.5 million in my completed items page. I mean, crazy shit. That was my backup bid as well.

I don't mean get into a bidding war long before it's over, I just mean they don't even bid on it once. I guess people are taking notes on stuff and I understand the part about staying up, seriously I mean, I would if I could.

Artanisix

so close to breaking 100k dps with berserker's rage on my lifesteal/crit barb... i'm sure i can do it with better weapons and attackspeed/crit/crit dmg rings, it's just expensive at this point. my life is low (30k) but with my ridiculous damage and 10% lifesteal, i don't die at all. really fun, way more fun than tanky spanky barb.

eek5

I put the max of course, sometimes even more a bit more than that to offset a last second bid. The only good thing about this is people who want to win it so much that bid like 6.5 million on a ~4 million (estimated price) item or something, just to beat me. This has happened sometimes and I just let those go. Yesterday, there was this shield for 1 million initial bid, no buyout, I check and it has like 14hrs to go with no bids, so I say what the heck and bid on it like 3.5 million just to be sure, not expecting to even use all. I went to bed with like 2 hours left and still no bids, wake up and see the 3.5 million in my completed items page. I mean, crazy shit. That was my backup bid as well.

Haha at least you are making people pay more. :)

Jrmint

I'd use another elemental arrow, Frost is redundant with Caltrops - Torturous Ground. Use either Nether for higher dps, or use Ball Lightning for better aoe damage. Change Vengeance to Steady Aim, 20% increased damage is a lot of damage. I'd also use Backup Plan on Prep unless you desperately need the hp. Doing only 26k damage just means you have really poor dex because your weapon dps is above average. If you're dying a lot too, I'd also give up Sharpshooter for TA.
Thanks for the tips.

I had considered ball lightning but I don't think Frost is redundant. First of all it's 170 weapon damage instead of 155 and there are times when they aren't in the caltrops or you're low on disc.

Also I have like 1600 dex, is that really low? I've been stacking crit hit dmg on my rings and amulet and I'm up to 177. As I said I think actual damage is somewhere in between our base and SS max since I prob crit once it gets to 35 or 40%.

I use the heal from Prep quite a bit but remind me what backup plan is again?

RDreamer

Goddammit. I guess this morning is a morning of "let's afk in a public game and just stare at a merchant or stash and do absolutely nothing but make the goddamned game harder for everyone in it." 3 games in a row of one or two people doing this. One guy didn't come back after beating one of the purple bosses. We continued and had 3 NV, and then the other guy just stopped returning, so it was just me. Then one left and the other still just stayed there.

inky

Blizzard will nerf crit to the ground, just a warning attack speed is nothing compared to crit chance and damage, so broken lol

I've been telling you this. It's so fucking obvious they will.

In other news, my name is Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite shield in the game:

OpsTm.png

eek5

Blizzard will nerf crit to the ground, just a warning attack speed is nothing compared to crit chance and damage, so broken lol

The items rolls don't seem so bad because you need two rolls. The gems seem broken though; wouldn't be surprised if they halved the critdmg on emeralds for weapons. Seems like the easiest "fix" for critdmg

zoukka

Which is just stupid when you know that all people will flock to it like flies...

Fortunately I'm a boss and stick to ias even post nerf.

Once they nerf crit it'll be all +mainstat and +allres gear. How fun.

I still can't believe they removed the elemental effects. How fucking dull is that... they mean nothing.

scy

The items rolls don't seem so bad because you need two rolls. The gems seem broken though; wouldn't be surprised if they halved the critdmg on emeralds for weapons. Seems like the easiest "fix" for critdmg

That and perhaps fixing Dual Wielding so you can't get double the +Crit Damage.

Once they nerf crit it'll be all +mainstat and +allres gear. How fun.

Thorns builds time!

I think it's wierd Gems only increase base stats 4 at a time. Who wants to spend millions on 4 more dex, str, int or vit? People spend the money on the high crit, LOH and %Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom