• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Found these on the AH..

Xy1i7.png

108 million bid right now with 9h55m left. I wonder if this will hit 250!

I think it's wierd Gems only increase base stats 4 at a time. Who wants to spend millions on 4 more dex, str, int or vit? People spend the money on the high crit, LOH and %Life.

Yeah the scaling on attributes for gems is really bad. Red gem is terrible in weapons too; not competitive with LoH or critdmg at all.

jinutsu

Neo Member
This thread is the Antiques Roadshow of D3.

Not complaining though... it's nice to see people get insane drops. It keeps me motivated.

SUPARSTARX

Blizzard will nerf crit to the ground, just a warning attack speed is nothing compared to crit chance and damage, so broken lol
I don't think so. You need two to three stats to make it really good.

attack speed just complimented all offensive stats too nicely by itself. A piece of ias item boosted more alone than the same 100 primary stat on that item.

scy

I have a topaz gem to socketed into a helm for magic find when farming act I. Still not stat based though. It seems like using gems for base stats kinda died in hell difficulty.

Topaz is Thorns when socketed in a Weapon :x

I got all my Gems to +42 Stat ones because that's pretty cheap and I might as well. Probably won't go any farther without some incentive (+1/2/3% Stat on top?)

You're joking right? Thorns are terrible even with barb 50% increase passive.

Well, you could theoretically get it up to around 50,000 damage reflected.

RivalCore

Can someone explain something about the AH to me.

I was bidding for two items but it kept saying I was my bid wasn't enough even thought I was going pretty well over the current bid price. Does the price not update in real time?

equil

Found these on the AH..

Xy1i7.png

Yeah the scaling on attributes for gems is really bad. Red gem is terrible in weapons too; not competitive with LoH or critdmg at all.

Wow really...these are my shoulders and i didnt spend nearly that much.

hqHmn.png

inky

You're joking right? Thorns are terrible even with barb 50% increase passive.

Kinda, yeah. I've never used them myself, I was thinking in terms, of the "Oh, people stacking items with 2.5k Thorns? Better nerf that shit" thing Blizzard loves to do.

Ploid 3.0

I've been telling you this. It's so fucking obvious they will.

In other news, my name is Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite shield in the game:

http://i.imgur.com/OpsTm.pIMG][/QUOTE]

Priceless. Blizz seem to have trolled ME3 a lot. Who will troll D3?

Can someone explain something about the AH to me.

I was bidding for two items but it kept saying I was my bid wasn't enough even thought I was going pretty well over the current bid price. Does the price not update in real time?

When you put in a bid you put your maximum. If you're the high bidder but the current bid is not the maximum you set, anytime someone bids on the item it will tell them the bid wasn't enough until it hits the maximum bid of the high bidder.

I don't know if that was explained very well without sounding a little convoluted.

RivalCore

When you put in a bid you put your maximum. If you're the high bidder but the current bid is not the maximum you set, anytime someone bids on the item it will tell them the bid wasn't enough until it hits the maximum bid of the high bidder.

I don't know if that was explained very well without sounding a little convoluted.

So the displayed bid price isn't the current bid but rather the previous bid? Hope I'm reading that right.

Shouta

Oh, sold a 110 DEX/50 VIT/6 IAS ring for 10 bucks on the RMAH, hurray. Hopefully, I'll have enough to pay for my SRW 2nd OGs off soon.

scy

So the displayed bid price isn't the current bid but rather the previous bid? Hope I'm reading that right.

Not really. It's more that your bid is more like "how much you're willing to bid" and the current price goes up in increments. If someone is willing to bid 10M for an item but it starts at 1M, the game doesn't show that there's a 10M bid there, just 1M something. When someone bids again, that person who bid 10M automatically outbids them. This continues until someone bids more than 10M.

Darkone

Killed the Buthcher on my fifth try, Fuck Act 2 is hard, i just started it and i get killed, my health is dropping so fast, i guess i am going to farm Act 1.

Any advice where to farm for better defense drops??

LordCanti

Killed the Buthcher on my fifth try, Fuck Act 2 is hard, i just started it and i get killed, my health is dropping so fast, i guess i am going to farm Act 1.

Any advice where to farm for better defense drops??

Loot is random. One place is as good as the next.

Most people seem to do Warden -> Butcher runs. With five stacks, at least you'll get two rares per champ mob.

linsivvi

Which is just stupid when you know that all people will flock to it like flies...

Fortunately I'm a boss and stick to ias even post nerf.

Which is the correct choice coz they never nerfed IAS. They just lowered the hard cap on IAS and made you pay more for it.

They said in the design note that they thought IAS is over-powered, yet it's just as powerful as before. Good job Blizzard.

Found these on the AH..

Xy1i7.png

Holy fuck

Decent shoulders are so damn expensive

Looked for a pair with 150 DEX/100 VIT/60 RES, no hits until 10 million. Even then there was only a page worth.

Checked the RMAH just to make sure they didn't all just move over there and it was the same thing.

garath

Just hit level 60 with my Demon Hunter. Yay!

Time to enter the AH hell and try to gear up properly for inferno. However I'm having trouble deciding what stats to focus on.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

- All resist + dex for base armor pieces - shoulders, chest, helm
- dex/vit/crit chance for gloves, rings amulet

Sockets where possible, magic find where possible.

I'd prefer not to do the glass cannon dead in one hit build but that may be unavoidable with a DH with nether tentacles nerfed?

Thoughts?

balddemon

Banned
got 381k from that quiver i had. set 100k starting bid with no buyout. feel like it could have sold for more, but thats my highest selling item lol.

I still think Act 2 needs a bit more of a nerf. It seems you still need a full set of i62/63, which are still absurdly rare in Act 1. Either that or get rid of enrage timers- elite groups have way too much health considering fighting them is 98% running and 2% attacking. "Fast" + anything is pretty much undoable for half of the mob types there.

I find all the increased repair bills do is now everyone goes AFK whenever they run into an elite group so they don't incur repairs. Really annoying.

I'm still confused about how commodity auctions work. If I put up a sell order for 100 of something, will I only get buyers who put in a buy order of at least 100? Or will it also sell to 4 people with 25 apiece?

zoukka

Those shoulders just demonstrate the threshold of diminishing gains versus exploding prices. Us mortals shouldn't even worry, because comparable gear can be found under the 10 million mark easily, just not as god tier of course.

At some point you need to start spending towards 10 mil a piece to gain even small benefits to your cheap ass sniped gear of awesomeness.

scy

I'm still confused about how commodity auctions work. If I put up a sell order for 100 of something, will I only get buyers who put in a buy order of at least 100? Or will it also sell to 4 people with 25 apiece?

You put up 100 individual pieces at the price you listed. You can sell it to someone who buys 100 at once, four people who buy 25 at once, or 100 people who each buy one each.

Number45

I find all the increased repair bills do is now everyone goes AFK whenever they run into an elite group so they don't incur repairs. Really annoying.
Does vote kick work? I tried to initiate one for an AFK'er and I didn't get any kind of feedback about whether anything had happened. Then over the weekend I got "You have been removed from the game" a few moment after joining which I assume was a kick.

eek5

Holy fuck

Decent shoulders are so damn expensive

Looked for a pair with 150 DEX/100 VIT/60 RES, no hits until 10 million. Even then there was only a page worth.

Checked the RMAH just to make sure they didn't all just move over there and it was the same thing.

Well shoulders can only roll 200 dex max so 150 rolls are pretty rare compared to str which can roll up to 300 on shoulders so the prices on 150-200 rolled str shoulders is a lot less.

for reference:
shoulders and belts can roll 300str
gloves and boots can roll 300 dex
helm and bracers can roll 300 int
pants and chest can roll 300 vit

so you should be trying to get as much dex as possible on gloves and boots so you can skimp in other places where getting high dex will be more expensive

Loot is random. One place is as good as the next.

Most people seem to do Warden -> Butcher runs. With five stacks, at least you'll get two rares per champ mob.

I start with Festering Woods. It's close and compact. There's two caves each with a champ/elite. There's usually two (or more) additional packs running around outside the cave and occasionally a mission at the begining for another pack. I can get 5 stacks super fast there.

Then it's off to Highlands. The caves have a condensed amount of packs in the highlands crossing and there's a tressure gob there a good amount of the time. The northers highlands also has a good amount of packs leading up to Leorics place and there's the occasional tower spawn for even more packs.

Then I do all the halls to the warden to the butcher.

What is a good level of MF? I have 220% after 5 stacks and am thinking of getting armor and rings to give me another 30% + percent. My armor has high resist all though and I don't want to sacrifice more resists for MF.

garath

Well shoulders can only roll 200 dex max so 150 rolls are pretty rare compared to str which can roll up to 300 on shoulders so the prices on 150-200 rolled str shoulders is a lot less.

for reference:

so you should be trying to get as much dex as possible on gloves and boots so you can skimp in other places where getting high dex will be more expensive

That's good info. Says to me that I should focus getting most dex on gloves/boots and most vit on pants/chest and a mix on the rest of my gear.

UberTag

for reference:

That's incredibly useful info. Is there a roll parameter cheat sheet out there that breaks down other parameter roll possibilities?

I start with Festering Woods. It's close and compact. There's two caves each with a champ/elite. There's usually two (or more) additional packs running around outside the cave and occasionally a mission at the begining for another pack. I can get 5 stacks super fast there.

Then it's off to Highlands. The caves have a condensed amount of packs in the highlands crossing and there's a tressure gob there a good amount of the time. The northers highlands also has a good amount of packs leading up to Leorics place and there's the occasional tower spawn for even more packs.

Then I do all the halls to the warden to the butcher.

What is a good level of MF? I have 220% after 5 stacks and am thinking of getting armor and rings to give me another 30% + percent. My armor has high resist all though and I don't want to sacrifice more resists for MF.
I do the same thing with heading to Festering Woods just because it gets me to 5 stacks quick.

You should hit up the Cemetery as well though. There's one pack often right at the WP and then each crypt usually has multiple packs each. The nice thing too is that you can just TP back to town and run back to the WP for each crypt if you get to the end or just use the little transporter to get out of the current dungeon.

I don't actually run a ton of MF gear...I think I'm at 150 after the 5 stacks but it does allow me to just melt the packs very quickly with few issues.

I'm always confused with the way MF works. If you are guaranteed a rare anyhow with 5 stacks, is your MF just being applied against anything besides the rare that drops?

http://i.imgur.com/KLL6l.jpg

price check, gaf. i guess i could check the AH but i also want to see what u ppl think. RMAH or GAH?
Both of those look like big money to me but I don't use 2 handers so don't take my opinion for much. The life on hit + dps is so nice though, not to mention the increased crit damage on the second one.

I'm always confused with the way MF works. If you are guaranteed a rare anyhow with 5 stacks, is your MF just being applied against anything besides the rare that drops?

I've noticed I get more rares with high MF. I've also landed two legendaries in the last week with the higher MF I've been running. Both were useless, but I've read more anecdotal eveidence on here to suggest MF will play a large roll in finding something like a legendary/set piece.

I'm thinking for farming I'll actually go back to my templar and just stack him with MF gear to get me the boost I want without chanign my armor or rings.

That's a steal. I sold a set of INT bracers w/ 140-ish INT , 6% cit, and some all-resist for 4m yesterday. Obviously what happened here is that people were filtering for 100+ INT and crit, and these bracers didn't register.

edit: regarding those 2 handers-base DPS seems real, real low. I was lucky to clear 1M for a 1170 a week and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom