• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

What? You loooove to say it :p

Stop being such a fucking tool. I paid for the game and this kind of bullshit is not tolerated from any devs. Fun time buying gear that might or might not get fixed\nerfed somewhere down the line because for some inconceivable reason they are not keeping simple variables on gear correct.

rCIZZLE

Biggest problem of D3 is many people played D2 years ago so they remember mostly goodly gear or fun stuff they were doing but don't remember how many times more grindy D2 was and how shitty the loot there was.

Only reason why you could finish D2 with drops is because D2 hell level is at most nightmare of D3 difficulty wise.

I can list some problems D2 players have with D3.

• Lack of fun and unique gear. Whirlwind assassins, WolfBarb, all the aura giving runewords, etc in D2.
  • Good gear can't be found at areas other than max difficulty. We're at the point where weps almost have to be ilvl63 or they'll be worthless.
  • Legendary/set drop rate sucks for how bad most of them are.
  • No pvp. I don't care if it's being released later, it's not here now and that's a problem. They haven't even given us updates about it.
  • Pvp is looking to be horribly unbalanced. SS dps DH with mobility and damage skills + hungering arrow is looking to be unbeatable. Monk will be absolute ass.
  • No free join lobbies. Even worse, we can't even move between acts in our own game. Now that boss drops are nerfed there's no reason for them to keep it this way.
  • 4 person lobbies/parties.
  • Enrage timers, quick regen elites, annoying affixes (nightmarish, jailer, vortex), and other unfun aspects of the game.
  • When pvp does get here they'll be in "arenas" which take away the relaxed and casual feeling of a free join pvp lobby. The old system definitely wasn't broke and was one of the main reasons, along with trading, that D2 had a significant following for so long.
  • Lack of synergy with both skills within a class and skills between classes. Paladin's aura,s barb's several shouts, necro's amp damage/lower resists, druid's oak sage, etc. There were actually big benefits for playing in a party.
  • Crafting gives you little benefit over just finding rares normally. Anybody remember those 15+ fcr amulets that were worth fucktons of HRs (or fg)? Ya that's because you couldn't find those, you had to craft them. It would have been smart for them to do something similar with this game.

D3 does have the AH and the benefit of being a new game on it's side. New mods for items is also neat. It will have content fed to us but the core game is lacking and the people working on it don't seem to have much of a clue about how to make an ARPG with long term potential. If it doesn't get any better in the next few months, I don't see how this game will sustain a community unless pvp is a lot better than expected.

D2 Classic Hell is on par with D3 Inferno when it comes to difficulty.

I was wondering if inferno whymsyshire is worth it, and if it is some kind soul could invite me to their game so I can pick up the plan for it.

Before you search out all the ingredients and pay for the upgrades, I can open a portal for you to try it out. They're all melee attackers with the exception of some elite affixes so if you're a melee class you better have some serious res, blocking, armor, vit, and loh to survive. :p

V_Arnold

Yeah I haven't seen tests either way. We need some D3 mythbusters!

I would want to know this as well, at one point I was considering buying that Stormcrow but did not want to waste money on something that might not be that useful. For +%damage stuff, +10% magic missile damage is still the most awesome thing to ever happen, imho :D

Zampano

So my monk is now powerful enough to steamroll Hell but act 1 Inferno is just destroying me. I have about 8,500 DPS, 300 resist on all, but any elites just end me.

Is it worth farming act 3 hell for drops or just to get gold to gear up from the GAH?

Tess3ract

Banned
Biggest problem of D3 is many people played D2 years ago so they remember mostly goodly gear or fun stuff they were doing but don't remember how many times more grindy D2 was and how shitty the loot there was.

Only reason why you could finish D2 with drops is because D2 hell level is at most nightmare of D3 difficulty wise.
there's much better controls in d3 than d2 tho

maharg

idspispopd
It is a viewpoint, but I do not see many games that express that in reality. Did DMC2 build on DMC1? Or DMC3 on DMC2? Did Torchlight II keep the classes and the content of the original? RPG games? FPS games? I see many sequels where they rebuild the content base and they expand on that later on.

Hell, even the stat-heavy stuff like Heroes kept going back and forth, never just "expanding on the predecessors", but leaving a lot behind.

I think that it makes a lot of sense to get the vanilla content out of the gates, then start expanding it with affixes that are unique to D3, and not D2. I expect skill rune additions, not D2 affixes like chance to proc a skill on hit or some auras or spell damage type absorbs. And definitely not bullshit Enigmas.

And also, we could argue whether the rune system is already a huge leap forward compared to anything seen before in this genre. I believe it to be so, others might not share this viewpoint. And it is not like they wont try to make the currently "seen as useless" runes into a more useful shape.

No one's arguing that it should be another expansion pack to D2, and I hope D3X brings the same improvement level as D2X did. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect and hope for D3 to be a better game than its immediate predecessor, not to two games ago. D2LoD was, imo, a bigger improvement on D2 than D3 is anyways in all the ways that it actually could be.

So my monk is now powerful enough to steamroll Hell but act 1 Inferno is just destroying me. I have about 8,500 DPS, 300 resist on all, but any elites just end me.

Is it worth farming act 3 hell for drops or just to get gold to gear up from the GAH?
What's your armor? You should be doing fine. Try focusing on a dodge based build for now. Grab mantra of evasion and fist of thunder with the dodge rune. You will notice a huge difference.

Zampano

What's your armor? You should be doing fine. Try focusing on a dodge based build for now. Grab mantra of evasion and fist of thunder with the dodge rune. You will notice a huge difference.

That's how I'm playing. I spam evasion and use the whirlwind with the tornadoes. I'll try to buy some better armour I guess.

[*]Good gear can't be found at areas other than max difficulty. We're at the point where weps almost have to be ilvl63 or they'll be worthless.

This is a terrible design flaw, I don't even get excited when I get weapons anymore. At least lower level gaunts, boots, rings, amulets, bracers and to a lesser extent helmets can yield you an amazing roll on an item. Weapons? Nope.

aznpxdd

Jebus. I just started my Monk on Act 3 Inferno and getting absolutely raped.

Stats:
40k Health
630 All Resist
25k DPS
4000 Armor
500 LoH
38% Dodge

I've also got Mantra of Conviction on, so I have +24% damage at all time and +48% majority of the time vs. tougher enemies.

I don't think I need to mess around with my skills too much, since I cleared Act I & Act II just fine with them.

I guess its back to butcher runs for me...SIGH.

Is there a guide anywhere to a) how to determine whether an item is worth anything or should just be vendored/salvaged and b) how to determine what price to list an item at? I've tried several times to sell items on the RMAH, based on looking at prices that similar items are listed at, but I must be doing it wrong as even when I list things at really low prices they never sell.

Some simple guidelines:
  • First of all - most everything you find that you'd even think about putting up on the AH will be worth less than 100k gold.
  • Nearly every weapon that isn't iLevel 63 is worthless. You can get better rolls on lower stuff, but at best, you won't find anything worth keeping below iLevel 61. A good rule of thumb is that it doesn't even matter what the other stats are, no matter how godly, if the DPS is below 600 on a 2-hander, or 500 on a 1-hander. Those are the absolute minimum ranges you should watch for. Anything below that is an instant salvage/vendor. "Good" weapons really only start at the 750+ range for 2H, and 600+ for 1H.
  • Rings and amulets of all levels can be valuable. They're rare enough anyway that even just decent itemization can go for a lot. As such, besides the highest of high end weapons, they'll be the most valuable slots.
  • Sub-iLevel 60 rares of other slots are vendor trash unless they roll well (and they can roll well). They're completely stat dependent. Whatever you do though, do not salvage these - the salvage will be worth less than if you'd vendored it.
  • Level 60 rares (ones with an iLevel of 60 - sometimes they require only level 59 to equip) should generally be vendored (unless they're good, of course.) They can sometimes salvage into Inferno materials but will most often DE into Hell mats, which are worthless. (I don't know if it's random at that level, or based on the specific item type, but it's honestly too much hassle anyway.)
  • Blues - iLevel 61 and above - instant salvage. Below that, vendor. Weapons with 800+ DPS you can try to auction. If it clears 900, you'll definitely get a sale if priced appropriately, and 1000+ DPS, even on a blue, is pretty god tier.

As for what stats to actually look out for when determining if an item is "good" or at least salable, you want to see combos that people want. Typically it's going to need at least 100+ of a primary stat (Dex, Str, Int) unless the other stats make up for it somehow. Sockets are a necessity for helms (unless it's godly in some other way), and much appreciated in weapons. For other slots, just treat them like you're putting a flawless square of whatever gem would help the value the most in (and do so when auctioning off).

Defensive combinations, Like Vit, Armor, All Resist, with a primary stat are very nice. Offensive combinations as well like Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and a primary stat. Life on Hit and Life Regeneration are two of the best secondaries, especially breaking 100 and can increase the value of an item (especially LOH.) And finally, anything with Magic Find greater than 15%, as long as the rest of the stats are decent, will sell. 18%, 19%, 20% MF will sell even with nothing else on the item.

And if you happen to find an amulet with more than 20% MF (max on them is 45%), even with nothing else on it, consider yourself at least a little bit wealthier.

Neki

This is a terrible design flaw, I don't even get excited when I get weapons anymore. At least lower level gaunts, boots, rings, amulets, bracers and to a lesser extent helmets can yield you an amazing roll on an item. Weapons? Nope.

Thing is, how can they make lower level weapons relevant? Blizzard said in an interview that the only thing people care about on weapons are DPS when they were play-testing, which explains why cold-affix is the lowest used elemental damage affix, because it has a lower than average damage distribution. I think there's almost no way in getting around the fact that people will value weapon DPS the most on weapons.

Stats:
40k Health
630 All Resist
25k DPS
4000 Armor
500 LoH
38% Dodge

I've also got Mantra of Conviction on, so I have +24% damage at all time and +48% majority of the time vs. tougher enemies.

I don't think I need to mess around with my skills too much, since I cleared Act I & Act II just fine with them.

With 25k dps you shouldn't need MoC. I only had 16k dps in act III. Your armor seems low though. I have the same everything as you but my damage is lower and I have 8000 armor.

HenryHSH

Even lvl63 weapons are mostly shit now.

aznpxdd

With 25k dps you shouldn't need MoC. I only had 16k dps in act III. Your armor seems low though. I have the same everything as you but my damage is lower and I have 8000 armor.

If armor is the problem, then its gonna be pretty much impossible for me to fix. Items are so god damn inflated oh AH right now that any improvement to my gear is gonna cost 5-10 mil easily...and I don't have that kinda money.

;_;

parasight

Stats:
40k Health
630 All Resist
25k DPS
4000 Armor
500 LoH
38% Dodge

You definitely need to up your armor. You need to balance your armour and resists. Aim for at least 7000 unbuffed.

Buy some better weapons (What is your current weapon DPS/Stats? 1H or 2H?). What's your armor by the way? But basically, you can get better weapons for less than 100k that will significantly up your DPS and you shouldn't have as many problems. Hell, I probably trash things you would regard as upgrades.

Do they have homeless people hired to keep things together at blizzard? I hate to say it ,but that's just fucking pathetic.

Actually, the only elemental affix that actually does anything is cold (provides a snare, and has a lower damage range as a balance). All the other elemental damage affixes are just cosmetic (not bugged), and this is intended by the developers, however stupid it may seem.

KaydenFox: Why was elemental damage cut? Burning fire, heal stopping poison, stunning lightning, healing holy… they all would have been great additions to game play.

Jay Wilson: Primarily due players preference of DPS over everything. As we played the game we found everyone just moved to the damage type that did the most damage. If we equalized damage they ignored ones that didn't have CC options. Case in point, we kept the slow on cold and gave it a lower damage budget and its the least used damage type now.

I mean, I understand their reasoning, but it's not as fun. You'd just have to tweak the damage ranges (though they shouldn't be too far off from each other) to balance out the extra effects.

Even lvl63 weapons are mostly shit now.

Well yeah, that's all in the roll of the item... at least it's possible to get a beast weapon with a 63. It's almost not worth IDing most weapons. I really only get mildly excited with 61-62 only because the chance of a huge LoH stat.

Not sure how they'd fix it. Give 61+ the chance at max DPS but cap the other stats like LoH, CrtDMG at a certain amount while giving 63s the chance at immortality? That's the only way I can think of at 7:05am.

RivalCore

Stats:
40k Health
630 All Resist
25k DPS
4000 Armor
500 LoH
38% Dodge

Switch Conviction with Mantra of Evasion with hard target. Instant dodge and armour boost right there.

Upgrade your Enchantress for extra DPS and her armour buff.

Pick up a decent shield for when you need extra armour, block and resistances when you're going up against large mobs and elites you can face off with.

Also I recommend more resist, at least 750. Maybe some extra LoH, try to get it over 1,000. There's always going be some elites and champions that are basically going to rape you so I recommend skipping them.

rCIZZLE

I mean, I understand their reasoning, but it's not as fun. You'd just have to tweak the damage ranges (though they shouldn't be too far off from each other) to balance out the extra effects.

They've been taking the ultra-lazy path on almost every aspect of the game anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if pvp didn't come out until next year or was withheld for an expansion.

Well yeah, that's all in the roll of the item... at least it's possible to get a beast weapon with a 63. It's almost not worth IDing most weapons. I really only get mildly excited with 61-62 only because the chance of a huge LoH stat.

Not sure how they'd fix it. Give 61+ the chance at max DPS but cap the other stats like LoH, CrtDMG at a certain amount while giving 63s the chance at immortality? That's the only way I can think of at 7:05am.

The number of tiers was their mistake.

Neki

Ran into a Swift Skull Cleaver blue pack with Waller, Vortex, Extra Health and Molten. Had to die 5 times just to kill it because it was right beside the entrance, my god.

aznpxdd

Switch Conviction with Mantra of Evasion with hard target. Instant dodge and armour boost right there.

Upgrade your Enchantress for extra DPS and her armour buff.

Pick up a decent shield for when you need extra armour, block and resistances when you're going up against large mobs and elites you can face off with.

Also I recommend more resist, at least 750. Maybe some extra LoH, try to get it over 1,000. There's always going be some elites and champions that are basically going to rape you so I recommend skipping them.

Yeah, I just switched my skills around and now I've got 7000 Armor with MoE. Will give Act 3 another go later...

rCIZZLE

KaydenFox: Why was elemental damage cut? Burning fire, heal stopping poison, stunning lightning, healing holy… they all would have been great additions to game play.

Jay Wilson: Primarily due players preference of DPS over everything. As we played the game we found everyone just moved to the damage type that did the most damage. If we equalized damage they ignored ones that didn't have CC options. Case in point, we kept the slow on cold and gave it a lower damage budget and its the least used damage type now.

Hmm, Jay, I wonder why people only care about DPS when you put in things like enrage timers that punish you for not having an ilvl63 weapon.

Jrmint

Can any Demon Hunters post strats they used to have success into Act 2 Inferno? I am currently on Betrayer of the Horadrim and I barely made it there. Maghda was easy, but almost any elite I come across I can barely kill.

I have about 200 resists, 25k dps without SS, 67k dps with SS fully maxed out, so my actual dps is somewhere in the middle there.

Currently running Caltrops, SS, and Prep as my defensive skills. Also I have stacked Disc up to 47.

I really don't want to have to get an entire new set of resist gear, but it is looking like that's what I might have to do.

zoukka

Actually, the only elemental affix that actually does anything is cold (provides a snare, and has a lower damage range as a balance). All the other elemental damage affixes are just cosmetic (not bugged), and this is intended by the developers, however stupid it may seem.

I wasn't talking about that, but thanks anyway I had no idea the effects were ninjanerfed. What backwards ass design sigh.

I meant the set bonus of tal rasha and zunimassa boots that add a percentage of elemental damage. Is this just a flat damage boost whatever you use, or does it link with skills using the same element as the bonus damage.

And good to hear about zunimassas journey not working. I was looking for them as the ultimate boots for my WD, and my god at the potential rage they would've induced. They are super expensive too if you search for decent rolls. Poor bastards who don't know about them being borked.

maharg

idspispopd

They should just say their testers wanted to go back to playing WoW. Seems like what was going on at Blizzard.

ElyrionX

I can list some problems D2 players have with D3.

• Lack of fun and unique gear. Whirlwind assassins, WolfBarb, all the aura giving runewords, etc in D2.
  • Good gear can't be found at areas other than max difficulty. We're at the point where weps almost have to be ilvl63 or they'll be worthless.
  • Legendary/set drop rate sucks for how bad most of them are.
  • No pvp. I don't care if it's being released later, it's not here now and that's a problem. They haven't even given us updates about it.
  • Pvp is looking to be horribly unbalanced. SS dps DH with mobility and damage skills + hungering arrow is looking to be unbeatable. Monk will be absolute ass.
  • No free join lobbies. Even worse, we can't even move between acts in our own game. Now that boss drops are nerfed there's no reason for them to keep it this way.
  • 4 person lobbies/parties.
  • Enrage timers, quick regen elites, annoying affixes (nightmarish, jailer, vortex), and other unfun aspects of the game.
  • When pvp does get here they'll be in "arenas" which take away the relaxed and casual feeling of a free join pvp lobby. The old system definitely wasn't broke and was one of the main reasons, along with trading, that D2 had a significant following for so long.
  • Lack of synergy with both skills within a class and skills between classes. Paladin's aura,s barb's several shouts, necro's amp damage/lower resists, druid's oak sage, etc. There were actually big benefits for playing in a party.
  • Crafting gives you little benefit over just finding rares normally. Anybody remember those 15+ fcr amulets that were worth fucktons of HRs (or fg)? Ya that's because you couldn't find those, you had to craft them. It would have been smart for them to do something similar with this game.

D3 does have the AH and the benefit of being a new game on it's side. New mods for items is also neat. It will have content fed to us but the core game is lacking and the people working on it don't seem to have much of a clue about how to make an ARPG with long term potential. If it doesn't get any better in the next few months, I don't see how this game will sustain a community unless pvp is a lot better than expected.

D2 Classic Hell is on par with D3 Inferno when it comes to difficulty.

A lot of fair points here but what about the positives of D3 over D2? I can name a few very big ones off the top of my head:

- Combat in D3 feels a lot more fluid and dynamic than D2 ever was.
- A huge amount of skills (including runes) to experiment with and at your own pace without needing to take another character through the full Normal to Hell grind; this ties into the combat point above
- No damage immune enemies that made solo-ing in Hell in D2 a virtual impossibility except for the most elite players. Low-tier players couldn't even get by plenty of trash mobs due to damage immunities.
- No more boss runs to farm for weapons. I find going through acts and encountering different elites far more fun than Baal or Meph runs ever were
- AH alleviates the farming and grinding significantly by enabling you to efficiently find and buy gear you need/want

There is no doubt at all in my mind that D3 is a far better game than D2 ever was.

So I just watch that Kripparian video with suggestions for endgame.

I really like the idea of champion levels and resetting that as a ladder. There are many, many other ways this could be handled, but that system would be pretty elegant.

My tweak to that idea would be for champion levels to be earned based on the number of elites/rares you kill, rather than just a pure XP system. So it might take, say, 100 elite/champ kills to reach level 1, but to get the final level it would take thousands.

Perks like the mentioned shorter TP, and hiring multiple mercs would be fun as well (at that point, you'll likely have killed Diablo on Inferno many a time, so it wouldn't really be imbalanced in terms of progression. It's not like they're that strong anyway.)

There are plenty of other things that could fit in a perk tree as well (Blacksmith repairing anyone?)

Can any Demon Hunters post strats they used to have success into Act 2 Inferno? I am currently on Betrayer of the Horadrim and I barely made it there. Maghda was easy, but almost any elite I come across I can barely kill.

I have about 200 resists, 25k dps without SS, 67k dps with SS fully maxed out, so my actual dps is somewhere in the middle there.

Currently running Caltrops, SS, and Prep as my defensive skills. Also I have stacked Disc up to 47.

I really don't want to have to get an entire new set of resist gear, but it is looking like that's what I might have to do.

What are your other skills/runes? Post a build. Your DPS is fine though. I kind of face-stomped my way through Act 2 pre-nerf. Sometimes you may just have to avoid a pack or reload, depending on how bad it is.

Neki

What's the DPS on your weapon?

rCIZZLE

A lot of fair points here but what about the positives of D3 over D2? I can name a few very big ones off the top of my head:

- Combat in D3 feels a lot more fluid and dynamic than D2 ever was.
- A huge amount of skills (including runes) to experiment with and at your own pace without needing to take another character through the full Normal to Hell grind; this ties into the combat point above
- No damage immune enemies that made solo-ing in Hell in D2 a virtual impossibility except for the most elite players. Low-tier players couldn't even get by plenty of trash mobs due to damage immunities.
- No more boss runs to farm for weapons. I find going through acts and encountering different elites far more fun than Baal or Meph runs ever were
- AH alleviates the farming and grinding significantly by enabling you to efficiently find and buy gear you need/want

There is no doubt at all in my mind that D3 is a far better game than D2 ever was.

I did note a couple positives including AH below my list. There are other possible upgrades over D2, like you mentioned, but they could just be products of technology changes instead of game design.

• One thing I do want to say about the combat is the hitboxes are absolute shit. I can't tell you how many times some monster with a slow attack hits me even when I clearly sidestep the swing. Just a few minutes ago I was in whimsyshire when a pony went into attack animation and I vaulted the fuck out of there to only find myself dead after landing.
  • Most skills are garbage though. Mostly everyone uses the same set for each character with maybe 1-2 changed for personal taste.
  • Few characters really had trouble with immunities. Necro could break them, sorc had a ton of extra skills for a secondary tree, barb could easily spend a point on berzerk, among others. Mercs were also quite useful in combat and could provide respectable physical damage if you ran into elemental immunity problems.
  • There aren't boss runs since there's no reason to kill bosses anymore. The fights are much longer and all you're guaranteed is 1 rare. Plus the items that drop from bosses can drop from anything in inferno. Crawler A1 zombie can drop the exact same stuff as Diablo. Forcing us to farm with NV makes farming sessions a lot longer too. Instead of doing a few meph runs in 5-10 minutes between pvp games, you have 1-2 hour act playthroughs.
  • AH is good but isn't totally new. D2jsp was pretty much the AH for the last several years. It is an upgrade, though, as long as they can keep balance.

D3 has about a decade to prove itself before it's in the D2 level of the genre in my opinion.

Jrmint

What's the DPS on your weapon?

My weapon is 920 dps with a 50% increased crit damage gem.

My build is this:

Hungering Arrow w/ Devouring
Elemental Arrow w/ Frost
Multishot w/ Full Broadside
Caltrops w/ Torturous Ground or Hooked Spines (I switch them out)
Smoke Screen w/ Lingering Fog
Preparation w/ Battle Scars

Passives are:
Vengeance
Archery
Sharpshooter

I know people say Tact Advantage but I really just don't see that much benefit, especially with losing all the additional Hatred from Vengeance.

theta11

One thing I do want to say about the combat is the hitboxes are absolute shit. I can't tell you how many times some monster with a slow attack hits me even when I clearly sidestep the swing. Just a few minutes ago I was in whimsyshire when a pony went into attack animation and I vaulted the fuck out of there to only find myself dead after landing.

The hitboxes aren't bad, they've said several times that once the monster starts animation while you are in range you will be hit regardless of where you go. They made it like that because they thought dodging wouldn't be fun or something along those lines.

Neki

My build is this:

Elemental Arrow w/ Frost

Passives are:
Vengeance
Archery
Sharpshooter

I know people say Tact Advantage but I really just don't see that much benefit, especially with losing all the additional Hatred from Vengeance.

I'd use another elemental arrow, Frost is redundant with Caltrops - Torturous Ground. Use either Nether for higher dps, or use Ball Lightning for better aoe damage. Change Vengeance to Steady Aim, 20% increased damage is a lot of damage. I'd also use Backup Plan on Prep unless you desperately need the hp. Doing only 26k damage just means you have really poor dex because your weapon dps is above average. If you're dying a lot too, I'd also give up Sharpshooter for TA.

My build is this:

Elemental Arrow w/ Frost

Passives are:
Vengeance
Archery
Sharpshooter

Hmm are you trying to kill every elite you meet ? With your stats (and mine since your seems similar to mine when i cleared act2 before nerf) it's impossible and some combination of affixes are better to be left alone.

Here's where tactical advantage really helps :)

rCIZZLE

The hitboxes aren't bad, they've said several times that once the monster starts animation while you are in range you will be hit regardless of where you go. They made it like that because they thought dodging wouldn't be fun or something along those lines.

It's even worse that it was intended. :\

linsivvi

Eh, their reason is bullshit and hit boxes designed this way is terrible regardless. We aren't playing a turn based RPG and this takes a lot of skills out of the game. Bosses like Belial is a joke especially for melee characters because no matter how skillful you are, you won't beat him without passing the gear check. Once you did, all you need to do is to camp in front of him, keep the left mouse button pressed and maybe use a skill or two occasionally.

If they truly believe this makes a better game then it's no surprise a month after release they needed a patch to just address basic things like difficulty progression and drop rates.

Treasure hunt:

I just put a POS item level 55 legendary on the hardcore (america) auction house for 1337 gold. Buy it and salvage it before anyone else does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom