• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammich

Q: If i get to inferno on one toon, do i have to do the whole grind again on another toon.

I got my first toon to nightmare(wiz), then went to my barb who is now on Hell. And man, i was having a hard time finishing it, but there is no way in hell im doing this repeatedly for other classes. Maybe just normal, but even then.

I know im asking for it if i could switch difficulties just like that, but if im 60 and have piles of gold, i rather just go straight to inferno.

balddemon

Banned
Q: If i get to inferno on one toon, do i have to do the whole grind again on another toon.

I got my first toon to nightmare(wiz), then went to my barb who is now on Hell. And man, i was having a hard time finishing it, but there is no way in hell im doing this repeatedly for other classes. Maybe just normal, but even then.

I know im asking for it if i could switch difficulties just like that, but if im 60 and have piles of gold, i rather just go straight to inferno.

nope
gotta do it all.its pretty much the only thing stopping me from lvling my wizard and monk

Ashhong

I just want to confirm, hydras dont do LoH OR critical hits right? So as a Wizard who focuses on blizzard/hydra...what stats should I be stacking?

DSmalls84

You guys have any tips for finding items you can flip for a profit? Certain things to look/search for? I usually just farm my stuff and sell it at or slightly below going rates.

Kthreev

Can I get a price check on this? Seems like a high amount of dex for a chest and all good defensive stats, but I feel no one is biting because its missing all resist.

qDUY7.png

DSmalls84

Well ... that's a bummer.

What should be a target for MF when farming?

I kind of wonder how much it actually matters. Goblin farming on my Barb with 58% I Still find rares and legendary items even without valor stacks.

Edit: I also found a lvl 63 rare dark blade with 715 damage, 1.5 attack speed, and 149 Int. I was planning on saving it to use with a Wizard, but is there any value there?

balddemon

Banned
Can I get a price check on this? Seems like a high amount of dex for a chest and all good defensive stats, but I feel no one is biting because its missing all resist.

qDUY7.png

yeah without all resist , i dont wanna say its worthless. but its not worth much. although it seems like a monk stacking physical would bite.

this is why diablo needs diamonds or some other gem that adds all resist. that would be amazing.

bane-1.jpg

price check anyone? I can't find anything really comparable to this. Other than a 988dps 1 hander with 192str, 950loh and socketed that is currently at 61m.

balddemon

Banned
bane-1.jpg

price check anyone? I can't find anything really comparable to this. Other than a 988dps 1 hander with 192str, 950loh and socketed that is currently at 61m.

oh wow. that is like perfect for my DW build. too bad i'm nowhere near completing it otherwise i'd take that off your hands. maybe set s/b at 5mil? no buyout.

eek5

bane-1.jpg

just leave it open to bidding

weapons definitely get bid up to whatever someone is crazy enough to pay

I kind of wonder how much it actually matters. Goblin farming on my Barb with 58% I Still find rares and legendary items even without valor stacks.

Edit: I also found a lvl 63 rare dark blade with 715 damage, 1.5 attack speed, and 149 Int. I was planning on saving it to use with a Wizard, but is there any value there?

I haven't seen anything concerete with regards to MF and it's effects. Probably never will too.

this is why diablo needs diamonds or some other gem that adds all resist. that would be amazing.

What the game needs is pooling of existing resist values into "material resists",covering the current physical/poison/arcane damage types, and a "elemental resist", covering fire/lightning/cold, and then they need to up the range of the rolls of those two resists on gear.

Currently all-resist just blows out the individual resists, but it's not because AR is too good (maybe it is a little too good, but only as far as the upper end of the roll range). It's because you really need protection from everything to farm effectively.

jersoc

omg finally hit a jack pot auction. found a natalya's mark and sold it for 27 million. i'm actually surprised that sold since it lowed the roll stats.

What the game needs is pooling of existing resist values into "material resists",covering the current physical/poison/arcane damage types, and a "elemental resist", covering fire/lightning/cold, and then they need to up the range of the rolls of those two resists on gear.

Currently all-resist just blows out the individual resists, but it's not because AR is too good (maybe it is a little too good, but only as far as the upper end of the roll range). It's because you really need protection from everything to farm effectively.

My monks passive diagrees :)

LordCanti

ZYHWI.jpg

edit: just now realized its 1% off max GF >_>

I'd be happy enough with 300k for that considering the half discipline. Then again, it does have nice GF :D

omg finally hit a jack pot auction. found a natalya's mark and sold it for 27 million. i'm actually surprised that sold since it lowed the roll stats.

People are fighting each other to get nat items due to the (currently borked) discipline regen.

Artanisix

If they nerf crit/crit damage then I'm done with the game, I don't want to attack slow and I don't want to hit like a wet towel. Stop nerfing fun

FINALLY!!! I finally managed to complete Blood and Sand as an undergeared Witch Doctor!

It was very painful... Very very painful, especially Cave of the Betrayer. I have learned a lot from playing Inferno.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If they nerf crit/crit damage then I'm done with the game, I don't want to attack slow and I don't want to hit like a wet towel. Stop nerfing fun

What indication is there that they will nerf it?

Plissken

So I've hit the wall in Act 2 Inferno with my Barb, I need better gear to progress. What's the best way to gear up; farm Act 1 and hope an upgrade drops, or go back a difficulty or two and farm gold to buy gear off the AH?

chessnut

Can someone add me and take me to act 2 in hell? I'm a lvl 52 DH on act 1 and its too easy... I feel like I'm wasting my time.

SoundMoney#1537

eek5

So I've hit the wall in Act 2 Inferno with my Barb, I need better gear to progress. What's the best way to gear up; farm Act 1 and hope an upgrade drops, or go back a difficulty or two and farm gold to buy gear off the AH?

If you can clear A1 easily, I would farm that and hope you get an upgrade or something you can sell.

Speculation. With the mass movement to gear high crit / crit chance / life steal ... peoeple figure Blizz will nerf that too.

Almost every class (except WD lol) has skills that benefit from stacking crit%. It's obviously the way Blizzard "intended" us to play the game. If anything critdmg might get nerfed but the only problem I see with it is that you can double stack it by dual wielding and the value on gems is probably way too high.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
They really need to do something about giving incentive for group play/public games. Give us MF boost :( Nobody wants to play together at all in this game and very annoying

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's way overpowered. Their track record has been to smash anything that they see as overpowered, so there's no reason to believe that crit damage will be any different.

How is it overpowered? Honestly, with the Inferno nerf, the content is no longer difficult enough for anything to be "overpowered", in my opinion. They might as well revert attack speed % bonuses back to how they were.

GJS

They really need to do something about giving incentive for group play/public games. Give us MF boost :( Nobody wants to play together at all in this game and very annoying

They don't really need to IMO. I play solo or with people on my friends list with no base MF and just 5 NV and getting 2-3 rares per elite is pretty common.

I don't join public games though as people don't necessarily want to rush the act like I do, or go back to other areas, as I usually start late in the act so I don't have to do the quests.

Vodh

It's way overpowered. Their track record has been to smash anything that they see as overpowered, so there's no reason to believe that crit damage will be any different.

Actually, there's a blue out there saying just the opposite. Their reasons for nerfing IAS were because it granted too much of a boost with regards to resource generation and secondary effects such as LoH. They even said that if it was the DPS alone then yeah, it was still kind of op, but well within tolerable range by their standards.

To get your crit/crit damage to the ridiculous levels you need insane amounts of expensive gear. To get a 60% boost in AS pre patch you needed about 100-150k. My bet is they will leave crit alone.

linsivvi

What indication is there that they will nerf it?

Based on the fact that in less than 2 months, they've nerfed literally everything that has become popular and used by many players.

Actually, there's a blue out there saying just the opposite. Their reasons for nerfing IAS were because it granted too much of a boost with regards to resource generation and secondary effects such as LoH. They even said that if it was the DPS alone then yeah, it was still kind of op, but well within tolerable range by their standards.

To get your crit/crit damage to the ridiculous levels you need insane amounts of expensive gear. To get a 60% boost in AS pre patch you needed about 100-150k. My bet is they will leave crit alone.

Which is why these guys have no clue whatsoever on game balance. IAS isn't nerfed. It still grant as much of a boost to everything from DPS to resource generation and secondary effects. If they really wanted to make it less powerful, they should have reworked the resource generation and triggered effects to not include attack speed in the formula. But of course that would involve too much work. So they took the easiest/laziest solution and decided to just write a simple SQL statement and reduce everything by half.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No, the issue with the itemization in D3 isn't the fact that the RNG allows items with poor and conflicting stats to get through. The issue is that there is a severe lack of interesting affixes as well as interesting unique legendary items to aim for.

You're just bitching about the RNG because 99% of your drops are bad. People forget that this was an issue in D2 as well; high level runes and uniques dropped very very rarely. In fact, I would say that the RNG is a lot more forgiving in D3 than in D2 (due to the fact that rares can spawn with powerful affixes as well) and the tedium of farming/grinding is alleviated significantly by the existence of the AH. No one would ever claim that the itemization in D2 is bad and yet the RNG was more punishing in that game than in D3.
If there were interesting affixes added I would still be mad at the RNG that allows poor and conflicting stats to get through. RNG is the chance you get what you want when it's not a 100% guarantee. No matter what it is in the game.

In the past people were willing to grind more. Do you see how WoW has evolved?
If 99% of drops were shit in D2 and now D3 as well then it's because they decided the AH and RMAH was the way to combat hardcore grinding for many people. But they forgot the people who don't want to use either or hardcore grind. Which is possible is their most famous game. WoW. So famous for becoming more "casual".

Sorry this conversation has been drawn out so long, but, again, I know what I mean when I say it. After playing wow for a lot of the past 7 years, I find it insulting that someone wants to argue my use of the term RNG and my anger toward RNG.

Edit: I think I said it best when I said getting drops for other people for 200 hours and trash isn't fun. Why don't I like the AH? It's reliant on income which is reliant on good drops for other people, which are few and far between.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the fact that in less than 2 months, they've nerfed literally everything that has become popular and used by many players.

I guess so. Well, I like many others, will be done with the game if they nerf crit %. Seeing big numbers is a big part of the fun in this game. Not only that, but my Barbarian has skills that rely on him getting a lot of crits.

Plissken

If you can clear A1 easily, I would farm that and hope you get an upgrade or something you can sell.

Aside from the odd elite pack that just screws a Barb (Vortex Jailer Molten Desecrate, I'm looking at you!) I can clear it no problem. I just haven't had any luck getting decent gear the past couple times I've run it, I was losing hope of ever getting an upgrade.

So I was trying to look at similar weapons on the AH but I couldn't find anything at all similar and the prices are way out of wack on the few items I saw, so it was impossible to glean a price. It has low dps but fantastic survivability stats but I imagine a monk might find it very tempting, so I definitely think its worth a decent amount. Anyways I was wondering what you guys think it might be worth?

3mde7.jpg

eek5

I guess so. Well, I like many others, will be done with the game if they nerf crit %. Seeing big numbers is a big part of the fun in this game. Not only that, but my Barbarian has skills that rely on him getting a lot of crits.

I won't be surprised if they drastically lower the chance to generate fury on crits with battle rage or lower the rate at which crits from tornadoes count towards it. Right now you can generate too much fury off just 1-2 torandoes.

They obviously don't want people to be able to run at 40-50% speed forever (see: spirit regen cap to prevent infinite tempest rush). I can pretty much sprint through entire acts with battle rage and run like the wind. I don't see that sticking around forever.

linsivvi

Regardless of crit, you can bet your ass that Barbarian will be nerfed somehow since post 1.0.3 it has become the most popular class.

TommyT

People are fighting each other to get nat items due to the (currently borked) discipline regen.

I just need the damn ring for my 3 piece bonus... screw the 4 piece, not worth what I'd lose. Very hard making due with just the 3 piece. But yeah, the ring is by far the most sought after. I've got a nice chunk of change waiting to drop on one, but idiotic buyouts and starting prices are keeping the better ones from being bought.

eek5

yes they are so op now except not

bu bu but with 200 mil worth of gear they face roll the game!

Overpower/Crushing Advance will get adjusted (LoH procing on reflected damage and/or it being able to reflect DoTs), guaranteed. I think, based off what they did to Relentless, that Battle Rage/Into the Fray will also get an adjustment. Other than that I don't see how anything is really OP lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom