• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So I was trying to look at similar weapons on the AH but I couldn't find anything at all similar and the prices are way out of wack on the few items I saw, so it was impossible to glean a price. It has low dps but fantastic survivability stats but I imagine a monk might find it very tempting, so I definitely think its worth a decent amount. Anyways I was wondering what you guys think it might be worth?

3mde7.jpg

1-2 million, no crit hit dmg % so thats why its not super high price

Artadius

I love the way Nephalem Valor works so well, I really wished it was always available even pre-60. Get one stack per elite even from level 1. Would increase the rares you get and I don't think that'd be that overpowered or would tank the pre level 60 economy since folks are facerolling their alts now with high level gems.

RoadDogg

Are any of these worth real world money? The belt seems pretty good so I was thinking it might? If not do you think they are worth a decent amount of gold? I haven't really every found anything decent.

VxDzM.jpg

I love the way Nephalem Valor works so well, I really wished it was always available even pre-60. Get one stack per elite even from level 1. Would increase the rares you get and I don't think that'd be that overpowered or would tank the pre level 60 economy since folks are facerolling their alts now with high level gems.

NV should just be open to everyone with one level 60 character.

GJS

So I was trying to look at similar weapons on the AH but I couldn't find anything at all similar and the prices are way out of wack on the few items I saw, so it was impossible to glean a price. It has low dps but fantastic survivability stats but I imagine a monk might find it very tempting, so I definitely think its worth a decent amount. Anyways I was wondering what you guys think it might be worth?

3mde7.jpg

Basically a 720 dps wep for a monk, with that vit and LoH it should go for a good amount to the right person.

I would put it up for like a 1mil starting bid and let it run.

Vodh

On one hand yeah, it would have been pretty cool as it is a nice and rewarding buff. And I don't see how facerolling pre-inferno content could have been any problem at all, since you could do that since ~day3 just upgrading your stuff on AH.

But I must say I kind of like it as an additional reward for being level 60, it's as if this is the time when the world recognizes you as a true nephalem.

Then again, I've got all 5 toons on lvl 60 by now, so I don't really care that much. IDK about its influence on players' experience - would it be cooler to get more rares early on, or is the reward for reaching max level the more important part?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be surprised if they drastically lower the chance to generate fury on crits with battle rage or lower the rate at which crits from tornadoes count towards it. Right now you can generate too much fury off just 1-2 torandoes.

They obviously don't want people to be able to run at 40-50% speed forever (see: spirit regen cap to prevent infinite tempest rush). I can pretty much sprint through entire acts with battle rage and run like the wind. I don't see that sticking around forever.

I will be pissed if Sprint/Run Like the Wind and Battle Rage/Into the Fray gets nerfed. I'd probably just end up shelving my Barbarian if not quitting the game completely. Being able to easily generate fury and get around quickly is just too awesome. I don't think I could go back.

I've already beaten Inferno Diablo on my Barbarian, so I'm leveling up a Monk in co-op (boring) and a Wizard solo (awesome) right now. If either of those two are enjoyable to play at 60, I'll continue on them if a Barbarian nerf hits, but otherwise, I think I'll just be done until the inevitable expansion.

Artanisix

I don't play a Sprint/Into the Fray build but I seriously can't imagine them nerfing that build... Would be nothing but stupid if they did. Far from op.

DSmalls84

What kind of builds are people running with Sprint/Tornadoes? I also haven't tried Overpower, any benefits over Furious Charge or Revenge?

I will be pissed if Sprint/Run Like the Wind and Battle Rage/Into the Fray gets nerfed. I'd probably just end up shelving my Barbarian if not quitting the game completely. Being able to easily generate fury and get around quickly is just too awesome. I don't think I could go back.

I've already beaten Inferno Diablo on my Barbarian, so I'm leveling up a Monk in co-op (boring) and a Wizard solo (awesome) right now. If either of those two are enjoyable to play at 60, I'll continue on them if a Barbarian nerf hits, but otherwise, I think I'll just be done until the inevitable expansion.

useful skill that works as intended and is fun to use? Better believe that's gettin nerfed

Anustart

Aww yeah! Sword I found the other day got it's first bid :) $125. I wanna see this climb though :D

Edit : Also, how's this belt? Gah or rmah worthy?

ZoU39.png

The int wouldn't go to waste on a barb due to it turning into 14 extra all resist correct? Effectively giving the belt 76 all rez?

DSmalls84

Aww yeah! Sword I found the other day got it's first bid :) $125. I wanna see this climb though :D

Edit : Also, how's this belt? Gah or rmah worthy?

ZoU39.png

The int wouldn't go to waste on a barb due to it turning into 14 extra all resist correct? Effectively giving the belt 76 all rez?

Correct

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
armor plans are probably better money makers. with a weapon you're going to get screwed too often by low dps rolls

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, there's a lot of chance with weapons, especially since the crafted 6-props are ilvl 62 only, that the DPS is gonna suck.

Set up a stream and craft them for a fee. Make huge profit.

Heh, I could do this...I haven't touched my justin.tv channel since street fighter 4 gaf streaming back in the day...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of builds are people running with Sprint/Tornadoes? I also haven't tried Overpower, any benefits over Furious Charge or Revenge?

I run the following:

Mouse 1. Frenzy/Sidearm
Mouse 2. Seismic Slam/Strength from Earth

1. Sprint/Run Like the Wind
2. Revenge/Provocation
3. War Cry/Impunity
4. Battle Rage/Into the Fray

This has me pretty much covered for all encounters. Acts I - III are easy enough now to run DPS, so I'm usually either dual-wielding (for more LOH) or using a 2hander. In these cases, I use the following passives:

Weapons Master
Ruthless
Tough as Nails

If I need to tank (Act IV) I swap in a 28% block rating Sacred Shield and a Helm of Command over my normal gear. Then I load the following passives:

Tough as Nails
Nerves of Steel
Superstition

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll do the 1 mil starting bid and hopefully someone is willing to pay a lot for it.

1 mill is waaay to low.

I'm in that buying price range and can't get anything this good. 1.5-2 mill starting open w/ no buy out.

EDIT: ... well ... it's good up until Belial when it will need to be traded in for more DPS :/

scy

Frenzy > Maniac
Whirlwind > Blood Funnel
Wrath of the Berserker > Insanity
Battle Rage > Into the Fray
Sprint > Run Like the Wind
Overpower > Revel

Passives: Tough As Nails, Ruthless, Weapon Master (with Axe equipped).

Though, I mentioned earlier, my Barb basically just farms Act 1 Inferno (minus the random break to solo Diablo~). WotB is there mostly because why not; I don't really need that much extra mitigation for Act 1. Total Crit Chance is around 55% or so and only 200% Crit Damage because I was cheap and didn't get a socketed Life Steal Weapon.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Whirlwind, life leech rune
Overpower, reflect dmg rune
Berserker, fury generation adds duration rune/or crit hits may release AOE dmg rune
Sprint, tornadoes rune
Battle rage, fury regen on crit hit rune
warcry, +50% resists rune

Weapons master, Ruthless, Unforgiving

I just run around shit all day long and whirlwind, Pretty fun, especially when partying with monks and melee wizards.

nitric0

Whirlwind, life leech rune
Overpower, reflect dmg rune
Berserker, fury generation adds duration rune/or crit hits may release AOE dmg rune
Sprint, tornadoes rune
Battle rage, fury regen on crit hit rune
warcry, +50% resists rune

Weapons master, Ruthless, Unforgiving

I just run around shit all day long and whirlwind, Pretty fun, especially when partying with monks and melee wizards.

Will this be effective on my barb?
Stats:
17.5k DPS
45k vit
30% crit chance
180% crit damage
800 loh
500 life regen

Bought these pants on my monk last night for 1 mill bid.
9AwEK.png

I wasn't even looking for pants it was just the suggested piece that was shown when I went into the AH and I ended up scouring the selection. Saw these with no bid and only 10 minutes left so I went for it. Probably not the best price but it was a huge upgrade over what I was wearing.

GJS

Bought these pants on my monk last night for 1 mill bid.
9AwEK.png

I wasn't even looking for pants it was just the suggested piece that was shown when I went into the AH and I ended up scouring the selection. Saw these with no bid and only 10 minutes left so I went for it. Probably not the best price but it was a huge upgrade over what I was wearing.

That's a great price for pants like that.

linsivvi

If they really wanted to fuck with people they could just have those shadow thingies in part 2 never despawn.

The shadows aren't a problem for melee classes though, especially in single player. As I've said in an earlier post, the shadows are only a problem in a party because not only are their HP multiplied as usual, the numbers are multiplied too.

For range classes, Diablo won't teleport if you stay away from all ledges. So you just need to find a way to survive stage 2.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Will this be effective on my barb?
Stats:
17.5k DPS
45k vit
30% crit chance
180% crit damage
800 loh
500 life regen

That's probably good enough for act 1, as long as your armor and all resists are enough to keep you from dying faster than you can regen life. I'm not sure if your crit rate is high enough, though. Mine is 50% natural. You might as well give it a shot, I guess.

GJS

Just had these drop:

hatefulsnare.png

Pretty nice for my alt wizard, dunno whether to use them or sell them though. My wizard would lose 50 all-res but gain almost 2k dps.

wtf, how are people getting items like this. I cant even get the damn liquid rainbow lol
Chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom