• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cause so far I haven't been using the abilities it includes I believe. I will try tonight.
Definitely give it a shot. As has been mentioned, your goal is not to get hit at all if you can as a DH. With Tactical Advantage, typically you pop smokescreen, turbo away from the champs until they are practically off screen and then fire down on them with your hatred skill.

I need help with my Barb with Act 3.

Managed Act 1 and 2 pretty well, sometimes playing with my wizard friend.
We can farm Act 1 pretty well, but we're getting almost nothing in value, and making almost no progress.

Act 3 is what we are having trouble with. It just demolishes us.

I'm open for suggestions on items, how I should be playing, etc.

I run
Frenzy-Sidearm
Furious Charge- Dreadnought
Revenge-Provocation
Ignore Pain- Ignorance is Bliss
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
Warcry - Impunity

Here are my stats buffed

jsVMv.jpg

And here are my items.

kvmFYh.jpg

Thank you guys in advance!

well..

you are either carrying on tanking for your wizard friend in which case you need to aim for more block to get it to ~40% and therefore revenge your heart out with high hp res armour etc but that means you probably wont ever solo act 3 reliably and aiming for legendaries to help you out (storm shield, string of ears etc)

i was doing your build until i switched to a whirlwind/sprint build which imho is much more fun but means you would need to completely rebuild your entire item set.

if you are interested the build is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hUPaki!ZbY!ZZcYcY

edit: just to clarify you would need to run two one handed weapons with high life to hit on them (500+ ideally more) and the primary one must be a mace for weapon master to get the crit chance bonus. Ideally aiming for 40+ crit chance and 250+ crit damage. around 600 unbuffed res with 6k armour and 22k damage should see you do fine!

a vid of someone else doing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUwu46qrJM

Vicros

Just killed Ghom on inferno. That fight really really sucks for a monk. Don't think I quite have the life on hit to do it myself yet. If my barb friend hadn't helped I would have been screwed.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Just killed Ghom on inferno. That fight really really sucks for a monk. Don't think I quite have the life on hit to do it myself yet. If my barb friend hadn't helped I would have been screwed.

Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to beat him without high LoH (I have 1677 LoH).

eek5

I need help with my Barb with Act 3.

Managed Act 1 and 2 pretty well, sometimes playing with my wizard friend.
We can farm Act 1 pretty well, but we're getting almost nothing in value, and making almost no progress.

Act 3 is what we are having trouble with. It just demolishes us.

I'm open for suggestions on items, how I should be playing, etc.

I run
Frenzy-Sidearm
Furious Charge- Dreadnought
Revenge-Provocation
Ignore Pain- Ignorance is Bliss
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
Warcry - Impunity

Here are my stats buffed

jsVMv.jpg

And here are my items.

kvmFYh.jpg

Thank you guys in advance!

You can probably get crazy cheap gloves right now because the market is so saturated from crafting. For other cheap upgrades I'd look at upgrading your belt and shoulders. You can roll 300 str on those slots and you don't even have 100 each. I think last I checked 70/70/70 belts/shoulders were in the 150-200k range so that's an option too.

Dingotech

Has anybody got any links to guides for Witch Doctors in Inferno?

I'm playing Act 1 on mine at the moment, and while I can handle all the normal mobs fairly easily most of the champs/elites take me down quickly. Only by respawning over and over can I take them down, and it's getting expensive!

I'm interested in understanding what the best skill build options are, and what sort of stats I need to tackle each Act.

balddemon

Banned
^ thanks.

I'm playing Act 1 on mine at the moment, and while I can handle all the normal mobs fairly easily most of the champs/elites take me down quickly. Only by respawning over and over can I take them down, and it's getting expensive!

I'm interested in understanding what the best skill build options are, and what sort of stats I need to tackle each Act.

acid rain and loh make you invincible from what i understand. therefore, you should buy my dagger

Just switched over from 2hand+Quiver to 2 One-Hand bows. Now I have 1.90 APM. Forgot how powerful APM was.

Its not just more APM but the attacks go FASTER. Thats helpful when you are shooting slow Nether Tentacles or Arrows that slow.

Totakeke

Would you rather have 6 stat search and no values or 3 stat search with values?

Why is that even a choice?

Seriously, I wonder what all those Blizzard programmers are doing instead of fixing the AH search. It has such a tremendous effect on the economy.

Maybe some internal Blizzard people have their own search features and are monopolizing all the hard to find items until they fix that shit.
As if there's still people playing the game :lol

LordCanti

I should have leveled alts when there was still an easy leveling method. I'm at level 44 with my barb and I have no desire to play anymore.

I'm playing a wizard Using primarily blizzard, Hydra, lightning orb (forgot the rune name), two dps buffs (familiar and force weapon), and energy armor...

Is there another build out there that Is better suited to inferno? I get the feeling that I'm missing out on a more efficient build; As I had started with a totally different build until someone tipped me off to this one, and it was night and day easier for me!

I feel like I'm the only one I meet who uses both damage buffs, and if there is a better spell out there I would love to try it =) Trying to keep playing this game as I love it... but it's getting too difficult with my current build!

What are you inferno wizards using for runes, and what accompanying strategies ? Kite etc?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.!

I posted this in this thread as it's the only diablo thread that stays current!

Zyzyxxz

I'm playing a wizard Using primarily blizzard, Hydra, lightning orb (forgot the rune name), two dps buffs (familiar and force weapon), and energy armor...

Is there another build out there that Is better suited to inferno? I get the feeling that I'm missing out on a more efficient build; As I had started with a totally different build until someone tipped me off to this one, and it was night and day easier for me!

I feel like I'm the only one I meet who uses both damage buffs, and if there is a better spell out there I would love to try it =) Trying to keep playing this game as I love it... but it's getting too difficult with my current build!

What are you inferno wizards using for runes, and what accompanying strategies ? Kite etc?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.!

I posted this in this thread as it's the only diablo thread that stays current!

I'm using a Critical Mass build but you need a decent amount of critical hit chance, I have 47.5% currently. With this build I basically tank for my allies and stay invincible and enemies stay frozen.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXYO!gYa!aYYaZc

koji

Screenshot006.jpg

Just got this for my level 45 Barb off the Auction house for 180k. Good deal?

I bought a 590dps lvl 46 1hander for 300K on the AH. You can search for lowered level requirement and input a value there, around 14 is good value, 15 (lvl 45) was too expensive when I looked.

linsivvi

Just found a ring, can I get a price check please?

177 Dex
36 Vit
32 Cold resist
9% Increase attack speed
18% Magic find

Last week I sold a ring at a few millions minimum bid with no buyout and it ended up selling 9M+

27 Min Damage
31 Int
57 Vit
9% Increase attack speed
33% Crit hit damage

Yours should go for at least a few times more.

Why is that even a choice?

Seriously, I wonder what all those Blizzard programmers are doing instead of fixing the AH search. It has such a tremendous effect on the economy.

Maybe some internal Blizzard people have their own search features and are monopolizing all the hard to find items until they fix that shit.
As if there's still people playing the game :lol

Ask you database admin friend how "easy" it is to search a database of a milion of items when you have thousands of users doing searches all the time.

jersoc

I'm using a Critical Mass build but you need a decent amount of critical hit chance, I have 47.5% currently. With this build I basically tank for my allies and stay invincible and enemies stay frozen.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXYO!gYa!aYYaZc

i use a similiar http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VhQXYO!gWX!YcYacc

so much fun. i basically tank as many champ packs in act 1 as i can at once and not give a fuck. only 700 loh which i'll drop a bit once i can nab another good ring cheap.

also with your build, do you really need the rune with reduced CD on frost nova? seems like a waste imo if you use CM. you should be able to spam nova even with 30% crit.

koji

I can farm act 1 on my WD with 235MF, using a summoner build, doesn't work in act 2 though so it might not be the best way to go. I use it because it's easy to play for me at work, tons of CC and the pets offtanking.

Most people use a kite build with poison darts or spiders or a tank doctor build. Think woo-fu is in act 3 and he uses a tank doctor.

Anyway, minimum stats for the summoner build in act 1 are around 4.5k armor, 10k/12k dps, 20k hp and around 500 resists

And here is the link with more info; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978460209

Key is to buy armor pieces with Chance to Stun/Freeze/Blind, but a lot, like > 4.5, stack armor, some dex and resists and your pets actually work pretty good in act 1.

The gear isn't that expensive, if you assemble a new set just search on wacky attribute combinations, DEX+INT, STR+INT, stuff like that.

linsivvi

Ask you database admin friend how "easy" it is to search a database of a milion of items when you have thousands of users doing searches all the time.

Not too difficult as long as they designed the database properly and the servers have enough horse power, especially when all the search criterias are whole numbers.

Blizzard is taking a cut from all transactions on RMAH after all. They should have the incentive to keep it up to the demand.

maharg

idspispopd

Maybe if there was some aspect of it that's difficult to index, but it seems like a pretty straightforward query to me. For the resources blizzard has at its disposal, an indexed search on millions of rows by thousands of users (generating a tiny fraction of that in actually concurrent queries) would really be nothing. And if they can query on the terms they currently do, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to query on more of the same. Frankly, I'd be a little surprised if the database aspect of the AH was any more intense than neogaf, and that's run off two relatively beefy (but not really fancy) servers.

It's far more likely a UI problem.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How long does it take for Blizzard to review and process an item if you bought it from the real money auction house?

koji

How long does it take for Blizzard to review and process an item if you bought it from the real money auction house?

72hours is the maximum time, I've had it happen once in 6 transactions, took about a day, was for the huge sum of €1.60. Bought on a different IP than the one I usually connect with.

Yeah, you'll prob get it in 2 hours if you had a wow account for at least a year because you're a trusted customer that wouldn't do a charge back or whatever. That's my theory at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom