• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so say I find an item that's worth 10M (no buyout) on the AH and the current bid is 1.2M... I put down 50M on it, the next person that wants to bid on it needs to bid over 50 right? So I basically reserve an item for 50 when I'm actually paying a little over 1.2M?

Sorry for being slow... I'm trying to wrap my head around this...

Yeah, I tend to bid what I'd pay for an item and let it be.

Zeppelin

30 hours of farming ACT 1. No upgrades for my WD or any other class. I'm really beginning to hate this game.

Same. Can't even remember the last time I found a new piece for my DH. Found my 6th Legendary earlier though. An ilvl 58 WD mask. Didn't even bother to pick it up.

Caught up skimming posts. Thread is still fast, but slower now than it was.

Battletag list is updated. Haven't played as much D3 since getting into the Dota 2 beta as I've been either playing or watching that. Would still be playing more D3 had that not happened.

Still tempting to play both with the items in Dota 2 in addition to D3.

GJS

Ok, so say I find an item that's worth 10M (no buyout) on the AH and the current bid is 1.2M... I put down 50M on it, the next person that wants to bid on it needs to bid over 50 right? So I basically reserve an item for 50 when I'm actually paying a little over 1.2M?

Sorry for being slow... I'm trying to wrap my head around this...

If they bid anywhere between the current bid and your maximum bid, it ups the current bid you will pay.

So if they bid it up to 20mil, you will pay 20.2mil or something.

HenryHSH

Yeah, I tend to bid what I'd pay for an item and let it be.

But but... you can flip a great amount of gold by grossly overbidding on fresh AH items with very low initial bids. o.o

If they bid anywhere between the current bid and your maximum bid, it ups the current bid you will pay.

So if they bid it up to 20mil, you will pay 20.2mil or something.

edit: might have misunderstood. Doesn't your maximum bid show as current bid?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Looking at the US and then the EU auction houses, it's insane how inflated the US market is. An item goes for 1-5 mil on the EU house while an equal item is 50-100 mil on the US one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So here's one I'm having trouble pricing:

kliEy.jpg
[/IMG]

It's worth significant amount, but there are so few 1h bows with 280 dex that I honestly can't tell. 900 DPS is good, but not great. Any suggestions?

Honestly, the biggest thing your weapon has going against it is that it has no socket. Without a socket, it does comparable damage to an 800 dps xbow with 100 dex socketed with a Star Emerald.

Personally I probably wouldn't pay more than 1mil for it, but perhaps you could get more.

GJS

Looking at the US and then the EU auction houses, it's insane how inflated the US market is. An item goes for 1-5 mil on the EU house while an equal item is 50-100 mil on the US one.

No, everything is just over priced and doesn't sell.

Really great items sell for 50-100mil+, great items sell for 10mil+, good items sell for 1mil+.

The market for lots of things is saturated right now due to the drop rate changes, for example 700dps weapons with LoH and primary stat don't even sell for 1million anymore.

But but... you can flip a great amount of gold by grossly overbidding on fresh AH items with very low initial bids. o.o

edit: might have misunderstood. Doesn't your maximum bid show as current bid?

No it doesn't. In your example if someone were to bid 20 million the current bid would automatically go to just over that. Then if they bid 25 it would go to just over that. You end up paying the closest bid to yours basically.

HenryHSH

Answered myself. Bid 30M on something and current bid shows as 6.4m, so I guess it works correctly.

edit: yay won. No one bothered to bid. o.o

railGUN

Banned
Demon Hunters, educate me one what makes a good quiver and chest piece. I'm never sure what to hold on to when it comes to these.

Max discipline 10 for both, crit chance on quiver, high dex and vit is always good. Hatred regen is a nice bonus but less important.

Vicros

Act 2 finally done! I'm sure 3 will be harder, but I'm so happy to be out of that hell-hole.

I got into act 3 inferno a few days ago, and the difficulty jump is nowhere near as drastic as from act 1 to act 2. If you can comfortably do act 2 you should have no problem in act three. Or at least not a drastic problem. At least not until you go into the under-fort on the way to Ghom. Nothing like crazy elite packs in super tight quarters.

30 hours of farming ACT 1. No upgrades for my WD or any other class. I'm really beginning to hate this game.

At a certain point, barring incredible luck on your part, the only viable upgrade option is the auction house. The hunt isn't for items that will improve your character, it's for loot you can sell for millions of gold so you can in turn buy the loot you need.

I've made five million gold the last three days selling act 3 drops on the AH. That sounds great if your starved for gold, but I've reached the point where any meaningful upgrade is 20+ million. So even though I have and eight digit gold amount I'm effectively poor.

So what's this watchtower people are talking about?

Also, is it better to farm in a group or on your own? For some reason I die all the time in a group, but almost never on my own.

Ramirez

Also, is it better to farm in a group or on your own? For some reason I die all the time in a group, but almost never on my own.

Grouping is harder, but more fun for me. It's incredibly frustrating at times, especially as a DH, I run with 2 Barbs who just skip trash and leave me no where to kite when we get to elites. The other night I just waited in town and ported in when they found them, heh.

Zeppelin

It's a dungeon in Act 1 (Northern Highlands). It's fairly short and usually hold a resplendent chest and a couple of packs.

As for farming I prefer to do it on my own since MF gets averaged between players when you play in a group and most of my friends have rather low MF.

As a DH farming with very aggressive barbs can get really frustrating since they can just run from pack to pack, leaving me to deal with everything getting pulled in their wake.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So I really need to know this because it's not clear at all and people can't seem to agree with each other: is weapon dmg% (say, "+50% wpn dmg") on a weapon already accounted for in the displayed DPS, or does it come on top of it? E.g. if I have a weapon with 1000 dps and it has a +50% wpn dmg modifier, is my effective DPS still 1000 or 1500? Is it actually stronger than a 1000 weapon with no dmg% modifier?

When I play my DH I find it incredibly hard to progress solo, yet I know I have the stats to do Inferno. When I ran through Act I from pretty much the beginning with Neoism we got to Butcher pretty quickly and without much death. We had trouble on Butcher called it a day, I solo'ed him pretty easily the next night (Do bosses get a huge HP jump per player?). It really helps having a competent Tank in front of you. I cannot stand how shitty the NPC's you have are. They do nothing to dodge or avoid death. Scoundrel is dead half the game in Act II from those wasp streams that come at you. Fuckin MOVE out of the way.

Act II I just cant seem to solo atm. I have 500ish all resists, 50k dps, 30k life and 3400 armor. Yet packs just jump in surround me and eat me alive. The NPC dies in one second to two or three hits, and so do I. I guess I'm just waiting for good tanks to get on but thats pretty annoying needing another tank player for any progress...

Vicros

So I really need to know this because it's not clear at all and people can't seem to agree with each other: is weapon dmg% (say, "+50% wpn dmg") on a weapon already accounted for in the displayed DPS, or does it come on top of it? E.g. if I have a weapon with 1000 dps and it has a +50% wpn dmg modifier, is my effective DPS still 1000 or 1500? Is it actually stronger than a 1000 weapon with no dmg% modifier?

Any additional damage modifiers are already included in the main dps number.

Ramirez

When I play my DH I find it incredibly hard to progress solo, yet I know I have the stats to do Inferno. When I ran through Act I from pretty much the beginning with Neoism we got to Butcher pretty quickly and without much death. We had trouble on Butcher called it a day, I solo'ed him pretty easily the next night (Do bosses get a huge HP jump per player?). It really helps having a competent Tank in front of you. I cannot stand how shitty the NPC's you have are. They do nothing to dodge or avoid death. Scoundrel is dead half the game in Act II from those wasp streams that come at you. Fuckin MOVE out of the way.

Act II I just cant seem to solo atm. I have 500ish all resists, 50k dps, 30k life and 3400 armor. Yet packs just jump in surround me and eat me alive. The NPC dies in one second to two or three hits, and so do I. I guess I'm just waiting for good tanks to get on but thats pretty annoying needing another tank player for any progress...

You should be waping A2. Check my build on my profile in game and copy it, A2 is a snooze fest for me with not even half the resists you have. Is that 50K DPS with SS or without?

You should be waping A2. Check my build on my profile in game and copy it, A2 is a snooze fest for me with not even half the resists you have. Is that 50K DPS with SS or without?

With SS. I have Steady Aim SS and Archery. I think it starts at like 25k? Not sure.

I feel like I should be doing well but I'm taking hits and just getting drained like all my AR and Armor dont do crap.

i miss my dh but my wiz is almost there even after the ias nerf

I feel small. Could you not post your big numbers please?!

RDreamer

With SS. I have Steady Aim SS and Archery. I think it starts at like 25k? Not sure.

I feel like I should be doing well but I'm taking hits and just getting drained like all my AR and Armor dont do crap.

Your AR and armor won't do crap for you, ever really. You're a DH not a melee class. You're gearing to get hit once really. You should be running away and stayin away from everything. Your first line of defense is a quick finger onthe smoke screen key, and your 2nd line of defense is caltrops. Only 3rd is defense.

That said, you could use a bit more damage. I'd say 30-40k for act 2 and 40k+ for act 3

syllogism

Your AR and armor won't do crap for you, ever really. You're a DH not a melee class. You're gearing to get hit once really. You should be running away and stayin away from everything. Your first line of defense is a quick finger onthe smoke screen key, and your 2nd line of defense is caltrops. Only 3rd is defense.

That said, you could use a bit more damage. I'd say 30-40k for act 2 and 40k+ for act 3
This is false, resistances still help, especially when you stacked with gloom dmg reduction. DHs can be very tanky.

Neki

AR and Armor is fine, his dps is just too low right now, 50k with SS is pathetic. You need to get that damage up, you have more all res than me but I have 30k more damage than you without me having SS. I think 300 res all and 450hys res is that most you'll ever need in this Inferno environment. My resists and armor are high enough now that I don't even need Smoke Screen anymore.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Answered myself. Bid 30M on something and current bid shows as 6.4m, so I guess it works correctly.

edit: yay won. No one bothered to bid. o.o

The current bid as you see it in your "auctions" tab shows 6.4M, or the current bid as seen by everyone else?

So basically, you bid 30M, but you only paid 6.4M?

RDreamer

This is false, resistances still help, especially when you stacked with gloom dmg reduction

Yeah resists help. I didn't say they don't. But strategically you shouldn't be taking them. He said taking hits as in multiple is draining him. Well yeah. He doesn't have the damage reduction of a melee. That's all I'm saying. In your brain you have to play not to be hit. Yes gloom can work but that's a different build. Most normal DHs shouldn't stand and get hit. They should SS and run to safety where they can pick off enemies.

K I actually kinda thought that its just weapons are so expensive I was in denial. So expensivveeeeee.

I also play not to get hit but when I'm solo I get jailed or walled and cant kite. Its hard not to get a group of elites with that affix eventually. I have 25% movement speed too.

RDreamer

K I actually kinda thought that its just weapons are so expensive I was in denial. So expensivveeeeee.

I also play not to get hit but when I'm solo I get jailed or walled and cant kite. Its hard not to get a group of elites with that affix eventually. I have 25% movement speed too.

Are you using tactical advantage? I find I survive 10x easier when I use that. Also, jails can be SS'd out of.

I need help with my Barb with Act 3.

Managed Act 1 and 2 pretty well, sometimes playing with my wizard friend.
We can farm Act 1 pretty well, but we're getting almost nothing in value, and making almost no progress.

Act 3 is what we are having trouble with. It just demolishes us.

I'm open for suggestions on items, how I should be playing, etc.

I run
Frenzy-Sidearm
Furious Charge- Dreadnought
Revenge-Provocation
Ignore Pain- Ignorance is Bliss
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
Warcry - Impunity

Here are my stats buffed

jsVMv.jpg

And here are my items.

kvmFYh.jpg

Thank you guys in advance!

TommyT

heh is that an offer or what you think I should price them at? Wasn't looking for a check, but it would take something like that to get them off me as they're a good upgrade for me :D. I am though very tempted to toss them on the rmah for 200-250.

Neki

40m is only worth something like $50 now isn't it? BTW, can you (or anyone really) invite my barb to act 4 inferno? TommyT#1540

well 150 dollars is an overapproximation I think, but gold is super useful for sniping items that you want or items to buy to put on the RMAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom