• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

omg I actually made real money! Sold this for $50!

nEwqm.jpg

wtf

wwttfff

This makes no sense. No natural LOH, a socket but wtf. Screw dumb people buying overpriced stuff. :\

syllogism

Life after kill is one of those stats, along with health globe life and pickup radius, that I would really like to randomly have a lot of but can't really prioritize

Be careful when pricing that Rune Sword. The DPS is low, but the strength roll you got gives a barb another 100-200 DPS rating on that weapon. The LOH is nice too.

The shield is good too because you got almost a perfect roll on the block chance. PLus the all resist and socket. That sould be easier to price though I think,. Search, Chance to block, All REs, Soc and see what comes up.

Be careful when pricing that Rune Sword. The DPS is low, but the strength roll you got gives a barb another 100-200 DPS rating on that weapon. The LOH is nice too.

Exactly what I was thinking. Having a hard time pricing it properly. I'm seeing prices from 2mio up to 90mio on the AH.

Well, it's happened. My weapon sold on the RMAH for $165. So now I have no weapon, which means I basically can't play the game anymore. I started earlier in the week by putting everything that could fit up on the RMAH for $250 buyout, and when it got returned I lowered the price by a few dollars. Once everything got down to $165, my weapon sold. Another piece sold shortly after for $150. So I guess I'm done for the time being. I'll just sell off the rest of my gear on the RMAH and do other things. I suspect I should be able to sell everything I own for an average of probably $120 / piece, which if you factor in my enchantress gear and my alternate set, should end up with about $2k after all is said and done. Not bad I guess.

balddemon

Banned
Well, it's happened. My weapon sold on the RMAH for $165. So now I have no weapon, which means I basically can't play the game anymore. I started earlier in the week by putting everything that could fit up on the RMAH for $250 buyout, and when it got returned I lowered the price by a few dollars. Once everything got down to $165, my weapon sold. Another piece sold shortly after for $150. So I guess I'm done for the time being. I'll just sell off the rest of my gear on the RMAH and do other things. I suspect I should be able to sell everything I own for an average of probably $120 / piece, which if you factor in my enchantress gear and my alternate set, should end up with about $2k after all is said and done. Not bad I guess.

i...what?

what was your gear lmao

Diablo just paid for a new 65" HDTV ... :O (at least it would if that was me making that money)

This guy...

Sophia

o_o

Wow.

i...what?

what was your gear lmao

Well here was the weapon that sold for $165.

Z6MW0.jpg

I don't have a screenshot of the $150 piece. I may log in later and take a screenshot of the rest of the stuff I'll be selling. Granted some of it may go in the $80 range, but other pieces I expect I might be able to get $140-$150 for, so in average I might come out at like $110-$120 / piece.

But basically, it was at the point where I coudln't upgraded anything without spending 20 million or more, if I could even find an upgrade at all. So everything was pretty good.

RDreamer

Man the AH is taunting me. I'm sitting here trying to upgrade my weapon and I miss out on 2 insane deals, get outbid on another one by just a tiny tiny bit. Now another weapon comes up with exactly what I want, but I'm like 2 million shy of it (I only have 16 mil and it's 18). I'd totally spend everything on it, because I can sell my current weapon for somewhere form 5 to 8 mil, but I'm sitting here just shy of what I want... agh.

Man the AH is taunting me. I'm sitting here trying to upgrade my weapon and I miss out on 2 insane deals, get outbid on another one by just a tiny tiny bit. Now another weapon comes up with exactly what I want, but I'm like 2 million shy of it (I only have 16 mil and it's 18). I'd totally spend everything on it, because I can sell my current weapon for somewhere form 5 to 8 mil, but I'm sitting here just shy of what I want... agh.

If you're on US gimme your battle tag, I'll give you 2 mil. Can pay it back if you want.

balddemon

Banned

Z6MW0.jpg

I don't have a screenshot of the $150 piece. I may log in later and take a screenshot of the rest of the stuff I'll be selling. Granted some of it may go in the $80 range, but other pieces I expect I might be able to get $140-$150 for, so in average I might come out at like $110-$120 / piece.

But basically, it was at the point where I coudln't upgraded anything without spending 20 million or more, if I could even find an upgrade at all. So everything was pretty good.

hmm thanks. that's a nice spear

Neki

Z6MW0.jpg

You sure ripped someone off on the RMAH with dat price.

dat reverse steal

FaidSint

Kinda getting my poop pushed in on Inferno Ghom. I've been okay up to this point, but he's really kicking my ass. I'm a monk with buffed resistance of like 1100 for all. Buffed DPS is about 25k. I'm having trouble tanking because of the poison clouds, so I've been kiting which works medium-well. Only problem is, even if I don't make a dumb mistake and kite correctly, he enrages at about 50% HP, so I'm not even really getting close.

I've heard dual wielding LOH is the way to go, but I've got like no cash, as just bought a new shield and bracers with All+Arcane resist.

FaidSint

Guys, I found these two items. Could I have a quick price check?

PGna1.jpg

I did check the AH but it wasn't helpful to be honest.

Weapon has pretty low DPS, but the LOH is nice, but you can find 100+ dps and 100+ LOH better for less than 1m so maybe like 600k?
EDIT: The strength does boost it though. I'd guess around 800k-1.2m

Shield has a socket and great block chance and the resists are nice, but they aren't huge. Maybe between 1-2 mil? Maybe more?

Just a rough estimate I could be way off base, but I've been searching a lot of stuff with those exact stats recently.

Weapon has pretty low DPS, but the LOH is nice, but you can find 100+ dps and 100+ LOH better for less than 1m so maybe like 600k?

Shield has a socket and great block chance and the resists are nice, but they aren't huge. Maybe between 1-2 mil? Maybe more?

Just a rough estimate I could be way off base, but I've been searching a lot of stuff with those exact stats recently.

Excuse me, please tell me what kind of black market ring you've been shopping at.

I would like in.

You sure ripped someone off on the RMAH with dat price.

dat reverse steal

Eh, I disagree. Sure the dps is low, but tank barbarians aren't really looking for a high dps weapon. And for a tank weapon it's basically straight up ridiculous.

Even for dps it respectable. the 244 strength makes it similar to a 950 dps weapon, given the amount of strength most people have.

Kinda getting my poop pushed in on Inferno Ghom. I've been okay up to this point, but he's really kicking my ass. I'm a monk with buffed resistance of like 1100 for all. Buffed DPS is about 25k. I'm having trouble tanking because of the poison clouds, so I've been kiting which works medium-well. Only problem is, even if I don't make a dumb mistake and kite correctly, he enrages at about 50% HP, so I'm not even really getting close.

I've heard dual wielding LOH is the way to go, but I've got like no cash, as just bought a new shield and bracers with All+Arcane resist.

That's about what I beat him with. I even had less resists. YOu need to pull him around in a circle. Around the edge of the map. When you clear away from his gas clouds, don't run far. YOu want to make sure you stay close to keep damaging him and want to make sure you're not spreading his gas all over the place at the same time. If you've done this correctly, by the time you reach where you started, his previous gas will be depleteing.

Ghom on inferno is the most difficult thing I've done in this game so far FYI.

Sophia

EDIT: The strength does boost it though. I'd guess around 800k-1.2m

You are waaaaay off base. He's looking at 2mil+ each easily if he's patient.

I'd totally buy his shield off him if I had the gold to blow on it.

linsivvi

Have you tried changing your skills to go all offense? Mantra of Conviction - Overawe, Deadly Reach - Foresight, Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm?

Edit: And of course Blazing Wrath and Faith in the Light.

garath

The native LOH and CRIT w/ another socket is amazing. The downside is that the DPS is rather low. So people that are searching for exspensive weapons will sort by DPS frist.

Alright, so it is, I will have to pick up more LOH as my main weapon is 692.
I do not have money, but I think it will be a much quicker way to farm, so now would be a good time to make way towards the switch.

That looks really good! I know that feeling of being sorry but I'm sure your friend will understand.

If I had to guess it can be even more, 30+?

Yeah, no bids so far has me a little worried. I can't think of what someone would filter on to get this to pop up early with the lower native dps. Except for 900+ life on hit.

I REALLY wish you could filter weapons without including the gem. I filter on crit damage and every socketed crit damage weapon pops up. I only saw 3 weapons with 900+ loh, a socket and native crit damage including mine. :(

I guess if it doesn't sell I could throw it on the rmah. lol

Yeah, no bids so far has me a little worried. I can't think of what someone would filter on to get this to pop up early with the lower native dps. Except for 900+ life on hit.

I REALLY wish you could filter weapons without including the gem. I filter on crit damage and every socketed crit damage weapon pops up. I only saw 3 weapons with 900+ loh, a socket and native crit damage including mine. :(

Put a crit gem in it so that the crit damage goes above 100%. I would often sort by weapons with crit dmg > 100%

Try trading forums or general chat I suppose. You can at least talk about the weapon that way with people. Less realiance on someone finding that item.

TommyT

Agreed. I actually have considered removing some emeralds and socketing vitality instead. My DPS is pretty decent and I actually almost never die while farming Act 2. I'm pretty sure he was one shotting me even when my shadow power/gloom was active tho so I'd imagine even if my HP was in the 30s, he'd likely kill me.

Depends on which attack he does. I was going to comment saying that your HP was low, but I figured if the TP/instant attack was the only thing killing you then you were pretty content with how you were surviving the rest. With that armor and resist amounts his wind-blade thingies will hit you for sub 35k. I can't recall how much his 'light' melee attack will hit for, but his double handed attack will still kill you.

I'm just under 50k hp with the same armor and resists, and while trying gloom I was able to survive everything except the instant attack iirc. I think I was able to survive it with gloom and the passive where traps reduced damage by 25%. Still though, the fight did not go well and even if I survived 1, I wasn't surviving everything else effectively given my remaining HP.

So yeah, you really don't want to tank any of his melee hits regardless of HP because he attacks quite fast and even with LoH and LS you most likely will not be able to regain the amount of HP needed to keep taking hits. Best bet is to keep him mid range, when you see him rise up use cluster arrow to stun. When adds come use SS and take them out quickly (I used ball lightning) and around then since he can't find you he'll rise agian for his tp/instant attack. You should be able to SS before that though to avoid it. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone has the achiemvent for killing 1000 frozen enemies ? Mine is stuck at 470. I used to nova then kill the mobs but it's not working anymore ?

RDreamer

Boo, I was testing out my awesome new sword and battle.net kicked me off after hitting 5 NV... I guess it was just too awesome.

This is the first time I've put a bid in on something that doesn't end for awhile that I really, really want. I'm really not sure if I'll get it or not for the price I put in... probably not, but here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom