• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

600 to beat the game with on a monk? No way. I'm not buying it at all. A morlu incinerator elite would tear you to pieces and god help you if you ever got near a mallet lord with low defense like that.

That what I had when I beat the game and I only have 700 now and farm Act 3 routinely and rarely dies. It's all about how you balance the character.

GJS

Anyone know if a 700 dps Rune Sword with 800 LoH and 55% crit damage with 100 vit and 100 either dex or int is worth anything?

If only it had 200 or 300 more dps then it could have been a real winner.

LoH + Crit, vit & primary stat will sell for 5mil+ , you could probably get bids over 10mil.

Excuse me, please tell me what kind of black market ring you've been shopping at.

I would like in.

Loh + single stat market has been dead for like a week now, 700 dps weapons barely sell unless they are under 1mil now. 800 dps + primary stat are getting just as bad.

If it doesn't have a socket, crit, or vitality as well then the demand isn't there.

Loh + single stat market has been dead for like a week now, 700 dps weapons barely sell unless they are under 1mil now. 800 dps + primary stat are getting just as bad.

If it doesn't have a socket, crit, or vitality as well then the demand isn't there.
Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea prices pummeled so much. That sounds like my 771 dps 600LOH 80 something? critdmg was overpriced(or just rightly) at 5mil.

RDreamer

That what I had when I beat the game and I only have 700 now and farm Act 3 routinely and rarely dies. It's all about how you balance the character.

I still don't believe it, lol. That seems painfully low for Act 4. I've got 900 resistances and I feel like I cannot shed anymore. I can farm Act 3 pretty well, too. I die occasionally from bullshit damage (arcane...) and bad circumstances (frozen twice in quick succession while standing on top of desecrator stuff) What's your LOH?

GJS

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea prices pummeled so much. That sounds like my 771 dps 600LOH 80 something? critdmg was overpriced at 5mil.

Crit damage + LoH on the same weapon raises the value a lot, 5 mil doesn't sound particularly overpriced compared to what I've seen people paying due to the demand.

It's just LoH and a single stat that has low value right now as it is one of the easiest rolls to get (relative to a perfect Loh + 2 stats + socket + crit) and isn't the must have build anymore.

Crit damage + LoH on the same weapon raises the value a lot, 5 mil doesn't sound particularly overpriced compared to what I've seen people paying due to the demand.

It's just LoH and a single stat that has low value right now as it is one of the easiest rolls to get and isn't the must have build anymore.
Yep, I see. I'm pretty happy with my buy. I keep wondering what improved legendary items would do to this market. Or if legendaries will have these popular stats.

linsivvi

I still don't believe it, lol. That seems painfully low for Act 4. I've got 900 resistances and I feel like I cannot shed anymore. I can farm Act 3 pretty well, too. I die occasionally from bullshit damage (arcane...) and bad circumstances (frozen twice in quick succession while standing on top of desecrator stuff) What's your LOH?

I don't remember...about 600-700 back then and about 1200 now though I'll probably lose some soon for more crit damage.

You just need to play a different style. I use mystic ally as a mini tank, and stay behind him with deadly reach.

Like I said, it's all about balance. In single player, you just need to kill elites as fast as you can. You have skills like serenity, blind flash and breath of heaven to keep you alive and you're really only vulnerable between the cooldown periods. The faster you kill them, the less cooldown you'll need.

In multiplayer it's not even an issue. You will hardly find a public game without a barb and warcry allows you to even stand in acid and fire.

Which type of mob? The little guys are all over, but they do basically no damage and are there as basically filler. The guy you're fighting doesn't really come up anymore, or at least nothing like it. That's kind of a one of a kind fight. It's pretty tough coming right in because you have damage from everywhere and there's no escape from it at all.

You should really need to switch that often. Maybe on a few of the bosses. And I think when you get later into Act 4 you'll probably want to switch back to defense/dodge. The beginning part of Act 4 is really easy to kite. You're given plenty of room and some nice circular places to lead mobs around. The end is a nightmare, and if you accidentally pull the whole room (or what may seem like it), good luck. My advice on that spire part to anyone is stick to the edges and really only inch into the areas. For the most part let the mobs come to you. If you venture too far in you could aggro quite a bit.

Morlu incinerators are a pain in the ass no matter what, but thunderclap is amazing on them. Without that I was going crazy, because it's teleport > slam meteor on your head > teleport on and on. You can maybe get one or two punches in before they teleport again. With thunderclap it's much better.

It's that big guy that hits with them. It's good to know I don't have to fight another like that.

I'll keep that in mind about slowly progressing too and changing my builds to a dodge build at the end.

Thanks for all the advice!

RDreamer

I don't remember...about 600-700 back then and about 1200 now though I'll probably lose some soon for more crit damage.

You just need to play a different style. I use mystic ally as a mini tank, and stay behind him with deadly reach.

Like I said, it's all about balance. In single player, you just need to kill elites as fast as you can. You have skills like serenity, blind flash and breath of heaven to keep you alive and you're really only vulnerable between the cooldown periods.

In multiplayer it's not even an issue. You will hardly find a public game without a barb and warcry allows you to even stand in acid and fire.

Using the ally as a mini tank is an interesting idea.

I know about that in single player, killing them as fast as you can. What's your dps? Because unless you're rocking about 40k you're not going to kill that many of them while serenity is up, especially if they're molten or something. I know your'e vulnerable between cool down periods, but those DOTs hurt like hell now, so you're REALLY vulnerable, and arcane is still absolute bullshit damage.

I do find plenty of games with a barb, though there are a lot without. Even with a barb though you can't just stand in molten, usually. I could before whatever happened with the patch, but now I definitely can't.

I suppose you are using deadly reach, though, which counteracts a lot of the DOTs. Thunderclap is awesome for some things (like dps and getting back LOH, etc), but bad for others (teleports you right on top of the damned enemy, so you get hit by whatever DOT is around no matter what).

scosher

Seems like there was an AH hotfix while servers were down. Now when I sort items with no buyout, they're displayed after the most expensive buyouts, rather than being sorted before the lowest buyout items. Great to see this is a priority for Blizzard over 6-filter searches.

I suppose you are using deadly reach, though, which counteracts a lot of the DOTs. Thunderclap is awesome for some things (like dps and getting back LOH, etc), but bad for others (teleports you right on top of the damned enemy, so you get hit by whatever DOT is around no matter what).

On the flip side, I've used thunderclap to teleport me out of a mess too. The rune definitely takes some getting used to though. Especially when switching builds.

GJS

In regards to LOH as it is today, I can't be bothered to log in and check AH for latest prices which are actually selling but just browsing d2jsp this is what I see.

Low 700 dps fist, vitality, 500 Loh and an open socket. 2mil BIN.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=63722091&f=153&o=0

Only gonna get cheaper still, especially when a lot of others don't even get offers on d2jsp.

linsivvi

Using the ally as a mini tank is an interesting idea.

I know about that in single player, killing them as fast as you can. What's your dps? Because unless you're rocking about 40k you're not going to kill that many of them while serenity is up, especially if they're molten or something. I know your'e vulnerable between cool down periods, but those DOTs hurt like hell now, so you're REALLY vulnerable, and arcane is still absolute bullshit damage.

I do find plenty of games with a barb, though there are a lot without. Even with a barb though you can't just stand in molten, usually. I could before whatever happened with the patch, but now I definitely can't.

No you absolutely don't need 40K dps. Even now I only have 32K after breath of heaven, though I can easily swap the 2 weapon slots from LOH gems to crit damage.

I mean, look at this guy, he's using a different build but only have 6xx resist, 4.7K armor and 26K dps and he can kill everything.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nmitty/featured

RDreamer

On the flip side, I've used thunderclap to teleport me out of a mess too. The rune definitely takes some getting used to though. Especially when switching builds.

Yeah it goes both ways. It's really a pain in the ass for some things and really awesome for some others. You can kind of make it work with you for the DOTs by holding shift (or whatever root button you have) and moving your mouse nearly off screen and clicking there on no monster at all. Then you'll punch in a direction instead of specifically at something. If something moves there though you'll teleport, and you have to make sure you're not doing just the AOE damage instead of both, too.

It's also kind of nice with arcane mobs, since you can kind of back away and then right when you notice it's passed you can click on them and instantly be fighting them. It's kind of a pecking strategy, but it requires you really know where you'll land and in what direction, so you need to get used to it.

No you absolutely don't need 40K dps. Even now I only have 32K after breath of heaven, though I can easily swap the 2 weapon slot from LOH gems to crit damage.

I mean, look at this guy, he's using a different build but only have 6xx resist, 4.7K armor and 26K dps and he can kill everything.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nmitty/featured

He's using the same build as me except I have a shield and I use the healing rune with serenity. Yeah I suppose you can have 600 resists, but you've got to be really really good with your kiting technique and god forbid you not have any area to do it in. I can't help but wonder what an arcane sentry would do to that guy. Most of the mobs he showed were pretty easy, though. I can annihilate them pretty well, except the molten fire chain ones he showed. But it looked like he left a nice breadcrumb trail of gloves and had his kiting technique down really well.

I'd also like to see him doing the end of Act 4, which is what I was talking about. Those morlu incinerators can really fuck you up pretty well with lower resists, and there's really not much running from them. They'll carpet bomb an entire area.

Anustart

Anyone care to help me out with pricing this amulet? Tried looking on the Ah, but don't know if the lps and socket adds anything to the other stats that are present.

BCThQ.png

I feel a bit stupid, I just spent 500k crafting the hell version of the staff of herding. The gold would have been so much better spent on gear (I can still buy upgrades for that sort of amount) but I just couldn't stop myself.

Ho-hum.

TommyT

Anyone care to help me out with pricing this amulet? Tried looking on the Ah, but don't know if the lps and socket adds anything to the other stats that are present.

BCThQ.png

Well what were the prices on the AH for something with similar stats and an open socket?

Anustart

Well what were the prices on the AH for something with similar stats and an open socket?

Well, with no main stat, and the vit, loh and ias they seem to be around 3 million, but I don't know what the lps and physical resist would add to this price.

BCThQ.png

It's a nice general Ammy, but the LOH is pretty low. It's kind of like icing on that cake I guess. Ammy's get 300+ LOH pretty easy.

The IAS is nice, but that one socket to add dex / int / strg for damage isn't very huge.

I'm gonna guess not much. I sniped mine for a good deal, but my ammy is 7% IAS, 300+ LOH, 25-52 DMG, 35 Arcane

Well, with no main stat, and the vit, loh and ias they seem to be around 3 million, but I don't know what the lps and physical resist would add to this price.

I woldn't even look at it for 3 million.

Anustart

It's a nice general Ammy, but the LOH is pretty low. It's kind of like icing on that cake I guess. Ammy's get 300+ LOH pretty easy.

The IAS is nice, but that one socket to add dex / int / strg for damage isn't very huge.

I'm gonna guess not much. I sniped mine for a good deal, but my ammy is 7% IAS, 300+ LOH, 25-52 DMG, 35 Arcane

I woldn't even look at it for 3 million.

I agree with not looking at it for 3 million, but my searches showed that to be about the minimum price similar ones were going for. Thus leading me to ask about it here.

And another thing, with amulets easily getting 300+ loh, I seem to have the worst luck. I can never find an amulet with more than 100 something, lol. It's almost as if blizzard has flagged all my drops to contain no more than that as a total for that particular stat.

Switftlame

Neo Member
I'm starting to think that it might be worthwhile for me to switch to 1h+shield since the ~120k dps I would have with shield merely means that champs take a few second longer while the added protection just guarantees I never die except while MF switching.

(stats with archon, enchantress, familiar, magic weapon (blood magic rune), glass cannon)

Jt48q.jpg

I'm not particularly efficient in terms of EHP as my vit is quite low compared to my damage reduction. EHP isn't that important though if I get some leech in addition to what I get from magic weapon rune.

mind adding me swiftlame#1342 i liked to speak wizardry

I agree with not looking at it for 3 million, but my searches showed that to be about the minimum price similar ones were going for. Thus leading me to ask about it here.

And another thing, with amulets easily getting 300+ loh, I seem to have the worst luck. I can never find an amulet with more than 100 something, lol. It's almost as if blizzard has flagged all my drops to contain no more than that as a total for that particular stat.

I would look for IAS 7%, 100 Vit and LOH for my starters on that AMMY. Check the lowest price for those specs and go from there. The LPS is another stat that's nice, but not something someone will want enough to incerase the value much I think.

The game is wierd. I guess it's the RNG, but I can never get a good helmet. The one pefect roll I've had was on a 400 DPS weapon. It had 500 LOH, Native Crit %, extra socket, dex etc etc. What a waste of great stats.

MotherFan

Ok, I need a PC on this. I have not been able to find a price for a high dex version of this and I am not sure if this is an amulet that is favored for dex. Thanks!

Screenshot008.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
Must be nice. I'm nearing 300 hours played and I've never seen one.

:-/

Took me over 400 hours to find a set piece and it was a crappy daibo. It was like spending your life searching for Atlantis and finally finding the spot off Manhattan where they dump the garbage.

RDreamer

Ok, I need a PC on this. I have not been able to find a price for a high dex version of this and I am not sure if this is an amulet that is favored for dex. Thanks!

Screenshot008.jpg

It's worth somewhere between 4 and 5 million or so. I bought mine with less dex, but I had a socket that put me at around the same amount (though I may have got a deal on the socketed version). Mine also has my monk's resistance of choice, and 4.5% chance to crit. Other than that, mine's mostly the same (well, they're all mostly the same). I didn't check right now, but I'd say price it closer to 4 million to sell it quickly and closer to 5 if you want to wait it out a bit.

MotherFan

It's worth somewhere between 4 and 5 million or so. I bought mine with less dex, but I had a socket that put me at around the same amount (though I may have got a deal on the socketed version). Mine also has my monk's resistance of choice, and 4.5% chance to crit. Other than that, mine's mostly the same (well, they're all mostly the same). I didn't check right now, but I'd say price it closer to 4 million to sell it quickly and closer to 5 if you want to wait it out a bit.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and make it a little overpriced as I am going out of town and hotel internet sucks so it does not need to move quick.

Now that you've changed over....

MoE with Backlash works really well in that fight. The billion+ trash mobs hit you for basically nothing, but when they miss and you dodge you get ton of free damage.

HA! Too funny man.

Brilliant idea though. At least for this fight. He just hits so fast. Out of curiosity, I haven't played act IV in weeks and am now wondering how many times I will see this type of mob.

Do you think I'll be switching builds often? I was having so much fun with my new DPS monk!

Switched back to an evasion build and he hit me one time.

I could definitely tell my build needs to "shift" into a more DPS like build. But man o man is that dodge build useful at times.

Thanks again!

balddemon

Banned
my WD knife is up to 1.34mil now. it's also now the highest DPS knife with 14 mana regen and life on hit. i really hope someone hits the b/o for 10 mil lol

Svafnir

Hey guys I need some good feedback, since rumor has it commodity's are going up tomorrow on the real money auction house. It is finally time for me to start tracking the economy. I was hoping to perhaps get some last minute ideas before tomorrow.

The plan right now is to track all commodity's that are level 60 (Inferno mats, Level 60 Blacksmith and Jeweler plans, all gems above flawless square) in both gold and real money.

~~~Current systems in place~~~

- Comparing the two auction houses, it will tell you how much cheaper an item is on one or the other. Example: Helm of command is 250% cheaper on gold auction house at current gold > $ exchange rate

- Graph for each currency for every item tracked, can be changed from 3 days, 1 week, 2 week, all time etc etc.

- Market average for all the above time ranges also.

- Subscribing to the price of any items gold/$ value and getting either a website notification or an email when the average price goes above or below what you requested.

- A quick reference if item value is up/down (Up and down arrows showing percent difference)

So if anyone has any other ideas please share! Currently I am only tracking commodity's that people are interested in..

I want to track all items in the future (weapons etc) but due to the random nature of stats, I really do not have a good idea on how to do that. The best idea right now is after legendary items get buffed, start tracking them then. And have 3 versions of every legendary item (bad, good, great) and track each price of those separately.

Example a string of ears with 10-13% and otherwise bad stats would be Bad
Good would be 13-16
Great 16-19
And maybe a 4th category for "perfect"

Hey guys I need some good feedback, since rumor has it commodity's are going up tomorrow on the real money auction house. It is finally time for me to start tracking the economy. I was hoping to perhaps get some last minute ideas before tomorrow.

The plan right now is to track all commodity's that are level 60 (Inferno mats, Level 60 Blacksmith and Jeweler plans, all gems above flawless square) in both gold and real money.

~~~Current systems in place~~~

- Comparing the two auction houses, it will tell you how much cheaper an item is on one or the other. Example: Helm of command is 250% cheaper on gold auction house at current gold > $ exchange rate

- Graph for each currency for every item tracked, can be changed from 3 days, 1 week, 2 week, all time etc etc.

- Market average for all the above time ranges also.

- Subscribing to the price of any items gold/$ value and getting either a website notification or an email when the average price goes above or below what you requested.

- A quick reference if item value is up/down (Up and down arrows showing percent difference)

So if anyone has any other ideas please share! Currently I am only tracking commodity's that people are interested in..

I want to track all items in the future (weapons etc) but due to the random nature of stats, I really do not have a good idea on how to do that. The best idea right now is after legendary items get buffed, start tracking them then. And have 3 versions of every legendary item (bad, good, great) and track each price of those separately.

Example a string of ears with 10-13% and otherwise bad stats would be Bad
Good would be 13-16
Great 16-19
And maybe a 4th category for "perfect"

You have all this actually working? Pm if you need help, have a lot of experience doing similar stuff on other games.

Anyway, make sure to take into account AH transaction fees when comparing items between the 2 AHs

Lexxon

Patch tomorrow, maintenance from 5 - 10 AM PST:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036676877

Auction House
Bug Fixes
The "Bid" and "Buyout" buttons will now be correctly grayed-out in the confirmation window when attempting to purchase an item with insufficient gold

Bug Fixes
General
Fixed a bug where leaving a heavily-populated General chat channel would prevent players from rejoining any General chat channel until they logged out and logged back in
Fixed several tooltip-related bugs that were occurring when viewing items with 2 or more sockets in the auction house and profile pages
Fixed a rare crash with tutorials on item pickup

Looks like they're fixing the "bug" where you can watch auctions by bidding over your max amount of gold. And I JUST started using that. Damn...

Lexxon

What?! I did not even know this, how do I do it.

Well it won't do much good now, but:

If you want to "watch" an item without bidding on it, you can bid an amount of gold higher than your current amount (but under the buyout amount if the item has a BO). It will error out, bad transaction. Exit in and out of the AH (or go from RMAH back to gold) then you'll see your bad bid as your bid, but the current bid will be the actual current bid.

This video details it early on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLnzNYwpwDc&t=0m23s

Well it won't do much good now, but:

If you want to "watch" an item without bidding on it, you can bid an amount of gold higher than your current amount (but under the buyout amount if the item has a BO). It will error out, bad transaction. Exit in and out of the AH (or go from RMAH back to gold) then you'll see your bad bid as your bid, but the current bid will be the actual current bid.

This video details it early on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLnzNYwpwDc&t=0m23s

OH I've been doing that! haha I didn't even notice it was unnatural...

I used this to monitor many weapons >:) ranging from 2h ~ 30m.

I will miss it.

Jhriad

You can tell how much the playerbase has dropped off by how slow this thread progresses compared to a few weeks ago. I can actually keep up with everything now.

You can tell how much the playerbase has dropped off by how slow this thread progresses compared to a few weeks ago. I can actually keep up with everything now.

This. Almost all my friends stopped playing.
It makes me feel like a loser sometimes when I play alone (confessions) lolol.

MrDaravon

I haven't been following much for the last couple of weeks, do we have any sort of idea at all on when we might start getting patches addressing major issues people have with the game. Don't want to drag this out again, but I've tried playing a few times this week and after 200 hours I think I'm just pretty much done with the game until they at least start addressing end-game issues. Am I realistically done until an expansion comes out? If so I'm debating cashing out on the RMAH and being done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom