• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Anyone has the achiemvent for killing 1000 frozen enemies ? Mine is stuck at 470. I used to nova then kill the mobs but it's not working anymore ?

Yep. May 20, baby. Astute ones should know why I got that one so early.

BolH1l.jpg

Sarcasm

Yep. May 20, baby. Astute ones should know why I got that one so early.

BolH1l.jpg

Anyone has the achiemvent for killing 1000 frozen enemies ? Mine is stuck at 470. I used to nova then kill the mobs but it's not working anymore ?

Some odd reason when I looked at my own (this was when I first chose wizard) I thought you had to do all 1K at once to get the cheevo..but after seeing this..I just facepalmed.

SO you can do it as you go? lol

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
My brother and I have both getting 3007'd today at random times, and not at the same time. So it's not our internet or anything. Started about an hour ago.

Glad to see this post. My internet got disconnect on accident this weekend by a retarded service tech. Guy came out today and got it up and running. Loaded up some Diablo 3 and been getting connection time out errors all day.

At least I know it's not my internet connection now. Was about to call them up and rage lol.

garath

This is the first time I've put a bid in on something that doesn't end for awhile that I really, really want. I'm really not sure if I'll get it or not for the price I put in... probably not, but here's hoping!

I do that sometimes if I just want to bookmark it to try and snipe later.

Anustart

I'm having connection issues etc. right now - Several different errors...

Me too. Started off with not being able to talk in the trade channel, now I cant' get past authentication step when trying to log in. Right after I found a couple items I think may be worth a couple million each :/

Edit : Might as well ask now then since I can't log in to check. Anyone have a clue how much some pants would be worth that have 100 Dex, 50 vit, 54 all res and 2 open sockets?

And also an amulet with a socket, 140 dex and 38% gold find?

balddemon

Banned
Me too. Started off with not being able to talk in the trade channel, now I cant' get past authentication step when trying to log in. Right after I found a couple items I think may be worth a couple million each :/

Edit : Might as well ask now then since I can't log in to check. Anyone have a clue how much some pants would be worth that have 100 Dex, 50 vit, 54 all res and 2 open sockets?

pants should be worth in the 500k-1m range, put some gems to make it 100/100 dex/vit i would think

amulet is a lot, 40% GF is max

edit: oops it's GF not MF T_T saw what i wanted to see. thx mr white
yeah still worth a lot to botters lolol

I got kicked also.

Attempted to login and got past the password screen but cannot get past identification number.

Time for a break anyways.

larvi

damn I hate having to play this game online, everytime they boot me or I time out because I get called away for work or family I have to redo the same sections all over again.

MutFox

Banned

I just sold an amulet with 139int + 40% Gold Find for 1.3 Mil...
Started the bid at about 1500 gold and let it go...

So you'll probably make more. :p

got kicked as well. was buying a complete new set for my newly turned 60 wizard. was doing the act 1 hell cultist leveling and then immediately ran to the AH and bought stuff (was in 40s gear with a 55 weapon). now i can start inferno...whenever the damn server comes back up.

Soi-Fong

Yus! The item I was bidding on was only 45 min away from ending. I'd be fine paying only 15,000 gold for an item that's around 500,000 - 1M in value.

larvi

Just checked the server status page, how can all US servers go down at once. Unless they had a power or network outage and all are in the same physical location? Or is this some sort of regular scheduled maintenance?

got kicked as well. was buying a complete new set for my newly turned 60 wizard. was doing the act 1 hell cultist leveling and then immediately ran to the AH and bought stuff (was in 40s gear with a 55 weapon). now i can start inferno...whenever the damn server comes back up.

I had just made lvl 60 as well but was trying to finish the quest section I was on before seeing what I can buy.

Sheik

Aww, I just tried to log in to do some Inferno Act 2 questing and the servers are down. Bummer.

While we're in downtime... What are the minimum/recommended resistance, armor, and HP numbers for a monk? I've been focusing on DPS and can handle most of Act 1 and 2 with ease but certain mobs nearly instakill me such as Vortex + Molten/Firechains, etc. Also, what's the best Act/place to farm? I've been farming Act 1 since I pretty much never die there but I think I have gotten two items over 100k in my last 10 runs...

Aww, I just tried to log in to do some Inferno Act 2 questing and the servers are down. Bummer.

While we're in downtime... What are the minimum/recommended resistance, armor, and HP numbers for a monk? I've been focusing on DPS and can handle most of Act 1 and 2 with ease but certain mobs nearly instakill me such as Vortex + Molten/Firechains, etc. Also, what's the best Act/place to farm? I've been farming Act 1 since I pretty much never die there but I think I have gotten two items over 100k in my last 10 runs...

i would say at least 600. i learned from my mistakes of dying way too fast so almost every item i have has all resist + random resist. helps a ton. also dont be afraid to use time of need if you need a 20% boost along with one with everything.

RDreamer

Minimum for what? For endgame you need probably ~900 resists, 6000 armor, about 1700 dex, 40k life, 800-900 LOH, and about 20k dps.

For Act 2 farming I'd say probably... 750 resists, 5000 armor, 1400 dex and maybe 15k dps? That's just off the top of my head, really. Your life can fluctuate quite a bit here depending on how high your resists are. At this point in the game I was doing fine at about 27k life, but that's about the bottom rung of what you can get away with even with really high stats. I'd say push it to 35k for safer act 2 farming. You can also kind of cheese act 2 a bit more by dual wielding very high LOH weapons, from what I understand.

If you're getting instakilled while being vortexes into molten or fire chains then you definitely need to up your defense. That stuff's still going to hurt well into the endgame, quite a bit, but you can't just instantly die to it. Serenity helps for this kind of situation, but you'll need it for more than just popping when you get pulled, so you need enough defense and LOH to survive at least a little bit in the heart of the action.

Even as a melee char, sometimes you need to kite arcane turrets and run away from freeze bombs. One single freeze bomb on act 3 can knock my diamond skin out.

Not every mob can be tanked, unless you're really geared up. I see some people with good gear but shit strategies to deal with the harder affixes.

syllogism

I'm starting to think that it might be worthwhile for me to switch to 1h+shield since the ~120k dps I would have with shield merely means that champs take a few second longer while the added protection just guarantees I never die except while MF switching.

(stats with archon, enchantress, familiar, magic weapon (blood magic rune), glass cannon)

Jt48q.jpg

I'm not particularly efficient in terms of EHP as my vit is quite low compared to my damage reduction. EHP isn't that important though if I get some leech in addition to what I get from magic weapon rune.

So I went home for lunch and changed my build. I chanced MoE > Hard to MoC > Overwave and changed Guardians Path to Resolve. I then moved to thundeclap for the better LOH values. Even without changing to a shield for more armor, I was raping things in act III. I took down Azmodan (You all were right ... stupid easy)

Then I tried to start act IV. There's an elite/champ/boss thing at the very begining. He hits me so fast and hard I can't take him down in time. Not sure what to do. It might just be a need for more armor and life / LOH.

Anustart

Anyone know if a 700 dps Rune Sword with 800 LoH and 55% crit damage with 100 vit and 100 either dex or int is worth anything?

If only it had 200 or 300 more dps then it could have been a real winner.

Sheik

i would say at least 600. i learned from my mistakes of dying way too fast so almost every item i have has all resist + random resist. helps a ton. also dont be afraid to use time of need if you need a 20% boost along with one with everything.

Yeah, definitely use both but it's not enough because my resistances are too low lol. I have about 400 now. New goal will be to up it to 600-700 then. Thanks!

Minimum for what? For endgame you need probably ~900 resists, 6000 armor, about 1700 dex, 40k life, 800-900 LOH, and about 20k dps.

For Act 2 farming I'd say probably... 750 resists, 5000 armor, 1400 dex and maybe 15k dps? That's just off the top of my head, really. Your life can fluctuate quite a bit here depending on how high your resists are. At this point in the game I was doing fine at about 27k life, but that's about the bottom rung of what you can get away with even with really high stats. I'd say push it to 35k for safer act 2 farming. You can also kind of cheese act 2 a bit more by dual wielding very high LOH weapons, from what I understand.

If you're getting instakilled while being vortexes into molten or fire chains then you definitely need to up your defense. That stuff's still going to hurt well into the endgame, quite a bit, but you can't just instantly die to it. Serenity helps for this kind of situation, but you'll need it for more than just popping when you get pulled, so you need enough defense and LOH to survive at least a little bit in the heart of the action.

Oh, yikes! My numbers are way off then. I've got like 30k dps and 400 resists, haha. I'm acutally DW LOH weapons myself at the moment. Maybe I'll swap out a weapon for a shield then. I can survive an initial pull or two from Vortex, but when my CDs are up then I'm toast. Also jailer and such can be a harsh mistress. Thanks for the help!

RDreamer

So I went home for lunch and changed my build. I chanced MoE > Hard to MoC > Overwave and changed Guardians Path to Resolve. I then moved to thundeclap for the better LOH values. Even without changing to a shield for more armor, I was raping things in act III. I took down Azmodan (You all were right ... stupid easy)

Then I tried to start act IV. There's an elite/champ/boss thing at the very begining. He hits me so fast and hard I can't take him down in time. Not sure what to do. It might just be a need for more armor and life / LOH.

Now that you've changed over....

MoE with Backlash works really well in that fight. The billion+ trash mobs hit you for basically nothing, but when they miss and you dodge you get ton of free damage.

Oh, yikes! My numbers are way off then. I've got like 30k dps and 400 resists, haha. I'm acutally DW LOH weapons myself at the moment. Maybe I'll swap out a weapon for a shield then. I can survive an initial pull or two from Vortex, but when my CDs are up then I'm toast. Also jailer and such can be a harsh mistress. Thanks for the help!

Yikes. How the hell are you even questing in Act 2? I couldn't get comfortable until I hit 600. Jailer, Vortex, or frozen along with a DOT will probably always be the bane of your existence, but you should try and get your defenses up enough to mitigate that.

You're essentially going the opposite route from me. When I hit inferno I dropped my DPS like a stone (well, not quite as much as quite a few others did at the time, but enough), and basically rode through on defense until I could beat Diablo pretty consistently. It's just now that I'm turning things around and upping my damage more and more without taking away my defense. It's only now with breath of heaven that I hit 30k damage (though that's really misleading because cyclones and stuff do way more all told...). Thing is, I've found that high damage stuff is expensive. So going the route of DPS first, then defense you're having to spend a lot more quickly. You need the defense on your other pieces in order to support those big DPS items. For example, I had to give up resistances and some of my LOH in order to gain dps. Bracers with crit chance and only a single resist still sometimes cost a lot more than the same bracer with a double resist. So in order to use that single resist dps version the rest of your equipment will have to make up for it. If you're still progressing, though, it likely won't. That's why I recommend defense first.

But anyway, you're already good with your damage, and could use to lose a bit, so don't be afraid to let it dip so you can survive.

linsivvi

Yeah 600 sounds about right. You just can't stand in acid and fire and not move, but if you play it right, you can even beat the game without too many deaths with about 600 resist.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Wow I got screwed over by Blizzard. I purposely planned to have this item end on the AH with no buyout in 2-3 hours for USA prime time. Last bid I saw it was for 12 million...I know its worth more :(

AnKXD.jpg

I'm starting to think that it might be worthwhile for me to switch to 1h+shield since the ~120k dps I would have with shield merely means that champs take a few second longer while the added protection just guarantees I never die except while MF switching.

(stats with archon, enchantress, familiar, magic weapon (blood magic rune), glass cannon)

Jt48q.jpg

I'm not particularly efficient in terms of EHP as my vit is quite low compared to my damage reduction. EHP isn't that important though if I get some leech in addition to what I get from magic weapon rune.

Unless you're this guy. These stats are OP

Well, 30 hours stuck in Inferno Act 1. I'm at a crossroads.

I can't get drops to help me progress. I Farm gold way to slow to afford the millions of gold upgrades.

Gold farmers win? I really want to get out of act 1.

Now that you've changed over....

MoE with Backlash works really well in that fight. The billion+ trash mobs hit you for basically nothing, but when they miss and you dodge you get ton of free damage.

HA! Too funny man.

Brilliant idea though. At least for this fight. He just hits so fast. Out of curiosity, I haven't played act IV in weeks and am now wondering how many times I will see this type of mob.

Do you think I'll be switching builds often? I was having so much fun with my new DPS monk!

scosher

Wow I got screwed over by Blizzard. I purposely planned to have this item end on the AH with no buyout in 2-3 hours for USA prime time. Last bid I saw it was for 12 million...I know its worth more :(

You know, going by my own habits, I think timing your auctions to end in the early morning like 5 or 6 EST may actually be best. Reason being is that most players don't even bid until the final 2 minutes. If they're not going to be up during that time, you're more likely to get players who put in a higher max bid before they go to sleep. And as a result, even those that stay up to the very last minute of an auction will be forced to raise their minimum bids to win the item.

RDreamer

HA! Too funny man.

Brilliant idea though. At least for this fight. He just hits so fast. Out of curiosity, I haven't played act IV in weeks and am now wondering how many times I will see this type of mob.

Do you think I'll be switching builds often? I was having so much fun with my new DPS monk!

Which type of mob? The little guys are all over, but they do basically no damage and are there as basically filler. The guy you're fighting doesn't really come up anymore, or at least nothing like it. That's kind of a one of a kind fight. It's pretty tough coming right in because you have damage from everywhere and there's no escape from it at all.

You should really need to switch that often. Maybe on a few of the bosses. And I think when you get later into Act 4 you'll probably want to switch back to defense/dodge. The beginning part of Act 4 is really easy to kite. You're given plenty of room and some nice circular places to lead mobs around. The end is a nightmare, and if you accidentally pull the whole room (or what may seem like it), good luck. My advice on that spire part to anyone is stick to the edges and really only inch into the areas. For the most part let the mobs come to you. If you venture too far in you could aggro quite a bit.

Morlu incinerators are a pain in the ass no matter what, but thunderclap is amazing on them. Without that I was going crazy, because it's teleport > slam meteor on your head > teleport on and on. You can maybe get one or two punches in before they teleport again. With thunderclap it's much better.

Yeah 600 sounds about right. You just can't stand in acid and fire and not move, but if you play it right, you can even beat the game without too many deaths with about 600 resist.

600 to beat the game with on a monk? No way. I'm not buying it at all. A morlu incinerator elite would tear you to pieces and god help you if you ever got near a mallet lord with low defense like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom