• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Frenzy - Sidearm
War Cry - Impunity
Furious Charge - Dreadnaught
Revenge - Provocation
Earthquake - The Mountain's Call
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Nerves of Steel
Superstition
Tough as Nails

I'll probably drop Quake for Leap+armor or Sprint + tornadoes in Act III though

I was already using Ignore Pain instead of Quake and was thinking of Dropping WOTB for Leap. I hate to lose the incredible damage burst you get from WOTB but at the end of the day damage doesn't matter when your dead.

Woo-Fu

Banned
FYI

Sledge of Athskeleng is bugged in the same way boneweave hauberks were. Drop them on the ground to block monster pathing.

Get them on the AH while they're still cheap.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Can you use that to your advantage in, say, Act 3/4 Inferno? :p

You can use it pretty much anywhere. You obviously need fewer of them if you have a natural chokepoint like a doorway in oh, say, act 3 keep levels. ;) I saw a pic of somebody who had The Butcher trapped in a corner with boneweave hauberks, lol. Took Blizzard a few days to hotfix the hauberks.

Where' is everyone finding the majority of their legendary / set pieces? I've found two legendary and one set piece. One from a barrel. One from a gray mob. One from a tree stump.

TommyT

Where' is everyone finding the majority of their legendary / set pieces? I've found two legendary and one set piece. One from a barrel. One from a gray mob. One from a tree stump.

Haven't found many but:

1 from torture tools, 4 from normal mobs, and 1 from a happy cloud. All crappy legendaries, no set pieces yet.

DSmalls84

I have found two this week (1 Legenday/1 Set) in the mobs on the way to the Warden/Butcher. I usually get 4-5 stacks of valor by running through the tombs in the cemetary of the frosaken, then I waypoint to the Halls of Agony level 2 and run through the Cursed Hold quest.

I think it's funny that most of the legendary/set pieces fall from things other than elite packs / bosses. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but it would seem like every time I hear someone talk about a piece drop, it's always from something like a weapon rack.

Finally made it to Inferno Act II. Not as bad as I expected so far, but blue enemies are still huge trouble.

I hope to beat Act II before the nerf. Take your time with 1.03, Blizzard!

scy

I think it's funny that most of the legendary/set pieces fall from things other than elite packs / bosses. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but it would seem like every time I hear someone talk about a piece drop, it's always from something like a weapon rack.

It's mostly just due to there being more of those trash mobs that get killed / breakables get broken than bosses.

I've just made it to Inferno with my Wizard.

I've got around 6700 armor and about 650 all resist (buffed 40% w/ Power Armor). I've also got almost 600 LoH.

I only have about 22k hp, though, and I think my DPS might be a little low, at around 12K.

Thoughts on these stats?

I'm currently using Sparkflint (12% buff to all attacks) and Conflagration (applies a 10% buff to all attacks after dealing fire damage), and Fire Bolts (136% wpn dmg as fire) as my signature spell.

I've gone through a ton of builds; I change something up almost every time I play--it's probably my favorite aspect of Diablo III. I finished off the last 2 acts of Hell playing melee/life on hit/life on crit with no trouble whatsoever, but I was kinda weary of that play style.

It's mostly just due to there being more of those trash mobs that get killed / breakables get broken than bosses.

Yeah, but I get way more rares from Elites / Champs / Bosses. It feels like the odds for rares are scaled up for such mobs, but not the Legendary / Set pieces. It feels like the the odds for a legendary / set piece are the same regardless of what you're destroying.

Snookie

Can I get a PC on this? I have no clue on these

DkChP.png

Woo-Fu

Banned
No life on hit, no socket, no attack speed, average strength, horrible DPS, you might not be able to sell it at all.

DSmalls84

Can I get a PC on this? I have no clue on these

DkChP.png

Well I thought my set ceremonial knife with 430 damage was worthless but got 800k on an instant buyout. The damage is low so I suggest you check the AH and see what it is selling for and undercut the rest to move it. Seems like some people buy items like that just because it's part of a set.

LordCanti

Well I thought my set ceremonial knife with 430 damage was worthless but got 800k on an instant buyout. The damage is low so I suggest you check the AH and see what it is selling for and undercut the rest to move it. Seems like some people buy items like that just because it's part of a set.

If it's the set knife I'm thinking of, the 30+% MF probably helped.

Sold one for $50 on the RMAH on the first day, when people were still crazy, and rainbows showed up in my house to give me cash showers.

DSmalls84

Sold one for $50 on the RMAH on the first day, when people were still crazy, and rainbows showed up in my house to give me cash showers.

Yeah. The Stats were good but the damage was way to low for a lvl 60 item. Ehh maybe they use it to magic find but besides that it's not really viable in Inferno.

LordCanti

Tip for sellers:

Make a spreadsheet of what prices you listed an item at, because you can't find that information out after your auction ends without any bids.

A bunch of my auctions just ended, and I can't remember what I had priced any of the items for (which makes re-listing kind of difficult)

Yeah. The Stats were good but the damage was way to low for a lvl 60 item. Ehh maybe they use it to magic find but besides that it's not really viable in Inferno.

Yeah, it's the highest MF weapon in the game I think. Obviously only WD's can use it though, and WD is probably the least played class. That makes the buyer pool kind of shallow.

Selling mine for as much as I did was dumb luck. I've tried to repeat that success by selling a similar stat one for the same price (that I purchased for like 500k gold), but no one is biting. All the rich eccentrics are off to other pursuits, I guess.

That's the one I just sold. Manajuama's something or other. 1.2 million sold fast. Everything else was 2 mill and slow.

That seems to be the going rate for the higher DPS/higher MF ones.

That's the one I just sold. Manajuama's something or other. 1.2 million sold fast. Everything else was 2 mill and slow.

Is 5NV Azmodan farming better than 5NV Siegebreaker farming? I've gotten very proficient at cherrypicking packs from the first half of Act 3 and can finish Siegebreaker runs in about 25m start to finish on my DH (60k DPS w/o Sharpshooter). I'm hesitant to learn a new run, especially given the dramatically altered way I will farm in 1.0.3 (where I will hit Act 3 side dungeons pretty hard, even harder than I am now).

Wish 'matchmaking' was better, so many times I've been put into a public game that had 1 person in it... that was the same class.
For me it's always welcome to see a fellow Witch Doctor
every single one uses Zombie Bears.
I always end up with Demon Hunters and Wizards.

Artanisix

Is 5NV Azmodan farming better than 5NV Siegebreaker farming? I've gotten very proficient at cherrypicking packs from the first half of Act 3 and can finish Siegebreaker runs in about 25m start to finish on my DH (60k DPS w/o Sharpshooter). I'm hesitant to learn a new run, especially given the dramatically altered way I will farm in 1.0.3 (where I will hit Act 3 side dungeons pretty hard, even harder than I am now).

only if you're swiftlame

Danj

Tip for sellers:

Make a spreadsheet of what prices you listed an item at, because you can't find that information out after your auction ends without any bids.

A bunch of my auctions just ended, and I can't remember what I had priced any of the items for (which makes re-listing kind of difficult)

Blizzard really needs to make an auction app or web site or something to help people out with this stuff. Hell they're already in bed with Paypal, why not just go the whole hog and create diablo3.ebay.com or something.

Revoh

I got this legendary mace on Act 3 inferno: Link.
It has 25% MF and other stats which I don't remember atm.
Can I get a price check?
Sorry to ask but I can't check the AH right now.

I think the 22% ones were running just over a million. topping out the most important stat on that item (MF) should command a premium. I would definitely do some comparisons when the AH comes back, but you should come out OK on that item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom