• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasdk

With the patch I feel they should rename the rarities. Yellow items can be hardly called Rare now as it's the stuff that drops all the time. It's interesting as white items are quite rare now which is funny, blue drops from act bosses(lol) and sometimes from chests/etc. Legendaries should be called rares now imo, atleast in my games their drop rate is indicative of that. And I'm not sure I ever saw a grey item since the patch.

Bizazedo

So is it worthwhile to farm keys for the ubers? Anyone know how they're going to work?

And the pony secret area, is it still your current level +1? It doesn't matter which staff you have anymore, right?

ZenaxPure

The console release had just about everything this patch has.

I dunno if I'd go that far, I feel like it's missing the 2 biggest things which are obviously the loot changes and the skill changes. I'm playing a sweet electric build on my wizard right now, most fun I've ever had with the class and it's because of the new/changed runes and the ability to get increased elemental damage on gear.

If I could get one of those fulminators I'd be set.

Tarazet

With the patch I feel they should rename the rarities. Yellow items can be hardly called Rare now as it's the stuff that drops all the time. It's interesting as white items are quite rare now which is funny, blue drops from act bosses(lol) and sometimes from chests/etc. Legendaries should be called rares now imo, atleast in my games their drop rate is indicative of that. And I'm not sure I ever saw a grey item since the patch.

If you want to farm whites for materials, start a new toon, play normally and blow up the extra whites and greys you get. They drop in abundance and give you the same mats you can use to craft level 60 stuff. It seems a lot faster as well.. level 20 by the end of Act I.

Celegus

New patch is so great... was trying to hold off on playing much until the expansion actually came out. That plan isn't going particularly well so far.

JCizzle

vEkZyU1.png

The stun from this thing is insane. I basically perma lock down elites once they all get in range.

ZenaxPure

Barb is dead, barb is dead, barb is nerfed, blizz destroy barbs!!!!!

and less than a week later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TR_i37FiEQ&feature=youtu.be

Barb facerolling torment VI....

People should play more and cry less....

Are we watching the same video? That doesn't look like facerolling. I'm not saying it's better or worse then other classes (this is literally the first video I've ever seen of T6) but when I think of facerolling the first thing that comes to mind is stuff like that monk bell spam build pre 2.0 that was killing elite packs in a matter of seconds.

Regardless, that video plays exactly like I was describing a couple of posts ago, Barb is still a lot of fun and plays well in large packs of enemies but once you get down to one or two it's pretty much the worst thing ever. Which means fighting stuff like bosses and elite packs is really a chore.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Its weird to me that a "Barb Lightning build" is now viable. I thought the Wizard was "master of the elements" or something

It's awesome that the RoS promise of build/item diversity is at least somewhat panning out. Pretty much every class now has builds that can center around various elemental damages with appropriate gearing.

Are we watching the same video? That doesn't look like facerolling. I'm not saying it's better or worse then other classes (this is literally the first video I've ever seen of T6) but when I think of facerolling the first thing that comes to mind is stuff like that monk bell spam build pre 2.0 that was killing elite packs in a matter of seconds.

Regardless, that video plays exactly like I was describing a couple of posts ago, Barb is still a lot of fun and plays well in large packs of enemies but once you get down to one or two it's pretty much the worst thing ever. Which means fighting stuff like bosses and elite packs is really a chore.

Yeah, whirlwinding a bunch of enemies is great. Trying to deal with a pack of elite wasps that won't stand still is a nightmare.

BFIB

Its weird to me that a "Barb Lightning build" is now viable. I thought the Wizard was "master of the elements" or something

My Barb has a Fulminator, and another legendary sword that deals lightning damage with a chance to hit a crit around 35% of the time.

Count in the Rune for Cleave where you deal lightning damage, and yeah, Barb quickly has become unstoppable.

Dahbomb

Pretty much every class has some elemental builds now but Wizards are still the most diverse in that regard.

7 elements in total:

Physical
Arcane
Fire
Lightning
Ice
Poison
Holy

Ashodin

I started a DH lightning build but need Fulminator or Thunderfury. Ugh wish they would drop. Got a terrible sword the other night.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Latest + greatest for easy exp/hour: freeing people during the Scouring of Caldeum on T6. Faster than Mira (Blacksmith's wife) or the Lieutenant Vachem one, less gear requirement.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1zfqi1/farming_12_million_xpminute_with_crap_selffound/

Yeah, you know I am probably in the minority, but I just never have any interest in these "quick xp" tricks and such. I'd rather actually play the game and enjoy myself than do something as monotonous as that. And if the game isn't fun to play then I play something else instead. That's why I stopped playing D3 half a year ago in the first place, I wasn't having fun. The patch has fixed that for me and now I'm having a blast, so yeah I'd rather play the game and level naturally than repeatedly do the Act II rescue bit over and over and over again. Hell I usually blow through that bit as quick as possible because I'd rather be slaying shit than rescuing the helpless, LOL.

JCizzle

Yeah, you know I am probably in the minority, but I just never have any interest in these "quick xp" tricks and such. I'd rather actually play the game and enjoy myself than do something as monotonous as that. And if the game isn't fun to play then I play something else instead. That's why I stopped playing D3 half a year ago in the first place, I wasn't having fun. The patch has fixed that for me and now I'm having a blast, so yeah I'd rather play the game and level naturally than repeatedly do the Act II rescue bit over and over and over again. Hell I usually blow through that bit as quick as possible because I'd rather be slaying shit than rescuing the helpless, LOL.

Same here. That seems boring as fuck.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, you know I am probably in the minority, but I just never have any interest in these "quick xp" tricks and such.

Yeah, doing a short repetitive run like that for pure exp is about as dry as it gets. Just passing it along since it's more effective than the other similarly-boring ones people have been doing. Like the person in the linked thread said, people will use these things even though they're not the most intrinsically fun, so it's good for them to be noticed and fixed. "Please fix this so I don't have to feel I'm playing suboptimally if I'm not doing it", essentially.

Personally, I've been running the Storm Halls. Lots of chests, weapon racks, a shot at a horde cursed chest, and good density. Downside: some nasty monster types (constructs).

ZenaxPure

Yeah, count me in the camp that doesn't like it either. I prefer going on a little adventure and exploring every dungeon in an area, one of the reasons I am excited for adventure mode since it will be a bit more guided and random elements to it.

And man, I think lightning wizard is becoming my new jam. It reminds me of a lot of the reasons I loved pre-2.0 WW/HoTA barb since every single skill you have plays off each other in great ways, and, jumping up and down to kill large spread out groups of enemies is god damned hilarious.

Shifty76

So is it worthwhile to farm keys for the ubers? Anyone know how they're going to work?

And the pony secret area, is it still your current level +1? It doesn't matter which staff you have anymore, right?

We did ubers on Torment IV with a full group and not one of us got a single organ. Suspect Blizz broke something so I wouldn't bother.

Ketch

Anyone know if the Zunimasa 4 piece set bonus (fetish army lasts until death) works with the fetishes that spawn from the WD passive?

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Any legacy items worth purchasing since the AH is still up, like chantodos will for instance for the APoC?

Also anybody have a link to the lightning build?

ferr

Any legacy items worth purchasing since the AH is still up, like chantodos will for instance for the APoC?

Also anybody have a link to the lightning build?

For DH's I think the legacy DMLs are worthwhile since they can get 14% EA.. seems like that option won't exist with 2.0 quivers.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I thought they hotfixed that a while back?

They hotfixed lowbies getting the massive xp because of the host being 60.

They still get good xp for their level, considering the effort involved.

I was hosting one with Dreamvision's alt DH, and he was getting between a 1-1.5 levels per turn in.

Yeah, the drop chances for ubers are pretty bad. I've seen a few, so they're working, but scaling from 25% at T1 to 50% at T6 is pretty bad considering the effort involved.

We were pretty bummed we didn't see one organ.The only cool thing is the lack of needing NV stacks I guess.

eek5

I want to craft some hellfires but I guess I'll wait for them to fix the organ drop rate. 25% to 50% is way too low!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, the addiction... I love this game, so fucking much. I swear, ask anyone in the EU clan.

PS: Where art thou, Ryan?!

RS4-

They hotfixed lowbies getting the massive xp because of the host being 60.

They still get good xp for their level, considering the effort involved.

I was hosting one with Dreamvision's alt DH, and he was getting between a 1-1.5 levels per turn in.

The times we had, 1-50 in under 2 mins.

:(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The times we had, 1-50 in under 2 mins.

:(
It is now 1-50 in 30 minutes and 50-60 and another 30min (max 1 hour) so it's not bad at all :)

Jrmint

I dunno if I'd go that far, I feel like it's missing the 2 biggest things which are obviously the loot changes and the skill changes. I'm playing a sweet electric build on my wizard right now, most fun I've ever had with the class and it's because of the new/changed runes and the ability to get increased elemental damage on gear.

If I could get one of those fulminators I'd be set.
Correction, the loot fixes are definitely in the console version. They were there before the PC. You're correct about the skills though, those are old.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Correction, the loot fixes are definitely in the console version. They were there before the PC. You're correct about the skills though, those are old.

Loot 2.0 is not the same as the current console loot.

Yoshichan

50% exp bonus from now till RoS launch buff just got hotfixed in the game!

GOGOGO!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Gotta love how gullible people are on the AH right now. I just cashed out pretty much all my non-equipped stuff + crafting mats and gem and went from 30-something million to 70 mil. Might even get to 80 when all is said and done.

ZenaxPure

Loot 2.0 is not the same as the current console loot.

Exactly my point. Ignoring all of the new procs they've given so many legendary items (also not in the console version) the console version doesn't even have simpler stuff like increased elemental damage, resource cost reduction, or reduced cooldown of skills among some other stats.

kennah

Gotta love how gullible people are on the AH right now. I just cashed out pretty much all my non-equipped stuff + crafting mats and gem and went from 30-something million to 70 mil. Might even get to 80 when all is said and done.

I've been trying to log in to try and sell all my old stuff, but the AH just crashes every time I click it :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I fully expected them to do a week of bonus XP leading up to RoS, but I wasn't expecting 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom