• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of sad at how bad the damage is on all the 2 hand weapons I've found. Figured they would be more worth using. I've found a bunch of 2h barb weapons and the damage was ridiculously low :(
I've noticed this myself. My 1h has more damage than the 2h I found. Anecdotally from what other posters are posting as well.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've noticed this myself. My 1h has more damage than the 2h I found. Anecdotally from what other posters are posting as well.

Yup, most 2handers just don't have the damage to make them competitive. The only reason I'm still using my old pre-patch Skorn is because gemmed it has almost 300% crit damage, which is nutty.

And like 90% of my legendary drops have been 2-handers, no joke. Sad panda :( If not for some kind GAFfers I've been running with, I'd have gotten very few legendary upgrades.

Loginius

yeah it works, not sure but i think its based on skill proc rates. The visual effect is pretty minimal so you won't really see it going off if there's a battle going on

Ok thanks.
If the effect is minimal I probably just didnt see it, I was using living lightning and arcane orb with the lightning rune which turns my screen in a ocean of blue effects.

tylerf

The new difficulties are pretty nice. Leveling a character is so much more fun without having to slog through the easy modes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hearthstone dailies

Then more Diablo

Don't do too much without me EU GAF

styl3s

All these legendary items, all these upgrades. All this fun

UORnBCc.gif

Bring on the expansion.

Strider

stupid question incoming.

if i reset the quests it is just for the one hero right and not all of them? I need to be sure before I do it.

MrDaravon

Folks who were in the RoS beta: I know tears/essences aren't used for 70 crafting, but is common debris used for anything post-60? Looking around was getting mixed responses but it seems like maybe yes? Asking because I have a shitload of debris already at this point, and people are selling white items on the AH for 80k+, so while I really don't particularly need the money I'll take that over mats I won't need at all.

Totakeke

Folks who were in the RoS beta: I know tears/essences aren't used for 70 crafting, but is common debris used for anything post-60? Looking around was getting mixed responses but it seems like maybe yes? Asking because I have a shitload of debris already at this point, and people are selling white items on the AH for 80k+, so while I really don't particularly need the money I'll take that over mats I won't need at all.

Same thing for fiery brimstone, would be nice to know what's obsolete in the expansion.

MrDaravon

Same thing for fiery brimstone, would be nice to know what's obsolete in the expansion.

From what I could find (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) at level 64(?) and up you're going to be using a completely different set of crafting materials than what we have now with the possible exception of debris. So Demonic Essences, Brimstones, Exquisite Essences, and Tears will all be completely useless unless you want craft lower level stuff if you're leveling an alt or something. Only on Common Debris was I not able to clarify if it's still used in the higher level stuff.

Dahbomb

Yea the 2H weapons have been pretty bad thus far. Either that or the 1H weapons are over tuned. I usually can't tell of something is 1H or 2H until I actually look at the description.

It normally ends up being "hey that's not bar for a 1H... oh wait that's a 2H... EPIC FAIL!"

JCizzle

Yea the 2H weapons have been pretty bad thus far. Either that or the 1H weapons are over tuned. I usually can't tell of something is 1H or 2H until I actually look at the description.

It normally ends up being "hey that's not bar for a 1H... oh wait that's a 2H... EPIC FAIL!"

Yeah, I don't get it either. I really want a Barb that just runs around with a huge ass weapon, but the scaling seems way off.

MrDaravon

I just went through the bnet game guide and I saw NO 61-70 plans or crafts that use a single item we currently have access to (including debris). The Mystic portion of the game guide isn't up so I can't verify that, but looking at beta videos I don't see any current items that are used by the Mystic either, seems to be just money and then the new higher level crafting stuff for enchanting and transmog.

mileS

I just went through the bnet game guide and I saw NO 61-70 plans or crafts that use a single item we currently have access to (including debris). The Mystic portion of the game guide isn't up so I can't verify that, but looking at beta videos I don't see any current items that are used by the Mystic either, seems to be just money and then the new higher level crafting stuff for enchanting and transmog.

Which is strange to me considering the mats are so expensive on the AH right now. I made 10mil last night just selling a small % of my mats for the hell of it. If I sold them all I'd have about 50mil more. Not sure who is buying these right now...

MrDaravon

Which is strange to me considering the mats are so expensive on the AH right now. I made 10mil last night just selling a small % of my mats for the hell of it. If I sold them all I'd have about 50mil more. Not sure who is buying these right now...

No idea. I was also able to sell all of my gems and gear from all my class alts for more than I paid for them a few months ago. Baffling. Only thing I can think of is people who are coming back and gearing up all the characters that have been power leveled in the last week.

BTW, if this thread for some reason fills up before the RoS OT is out, I won't be posting a new one. Use the Loot 2.0 thread currently in gaming if it comes to that, but such an overlap should be small if it happens.

It's been a good run.

neoism

omg I love this game... Like 5 mintues in my first game of the day. And somehow randomly click a white chest after putting my mouse down lol
imViJZpTRsuWf.bmp

Shifty76

Huh, figured since I wasn't using my old 1200-odd dps mainhand with dex/cd/socket any more that I'd see if I could sell it on the RMAH.

Sold for $10 in less than 15 mins!

Huh, figured since I wasn't using my old 1200-odd dps mainhand with dex/cd/socket any more that I'd see if I could sell it on the RMAH.

Sold for $10 in less than 15 mins!

Interesting. I'll have to look through my legacy gear and see if there's anything I could squeeze cash out of before the AH goes down. Not like I'm going to really need it with the new level cap.

Revoh

I don't understand how some people have +250 Paragon levels just a few days after the patch. If I understand correctly, this patch removed the Paragon level 100 cap, so how can they level up so fast? I've played non-stop for 2 days and only leveled up 30 levels.

Xevren

I don't understand how some people have +250 Paragon levels just a few days after the patch. If I understand correctly, this patch removed the Paragon level 100 cap, so how can they level up so fast? I've played non-stop for 2 days and only leveled up 30 levels.

Multiple lvl 100 paragon characters, all added up.

mileS

Witch Doctors. I'm building a set now (most of it is already my well geared Wiz gear) I'll have my 4-set Zunni. Got a solid acid cloud/spirit barrage build lined up. Need opinions on the type of off-hand to buy. That or should I straight up go for a Skorn?

Frant1ck

I'm loving this patch, its great but...

I can't figure how this loot system works. I'm getting Legendaries from small chest and pile of rocks, but only getting blues on a torment Diablo kill...lol

Still lot of fun tho..

O.DOGG

I found this today.

I'm still experimenting but it seems to go great with the Thunder Ball rune. Keeps slower enemies in stun lock.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GOOD MORNING

SO MUCH HYPE

EUGAAAAAAAAAAF

Yoshichan

On a scale from one to ten, how has the patch revamped your interest?
From playing zero hours per day in over a year, to 16 hours per day, for almost a week straight - with absolutely no indication of me stopping anytime soon...

I'd say (in Diablo 3 numbers), approx. 50193118214174.214% more interest in the game :3

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
On a scale from one to ten, how has the patch revamped your interest?

I'd say a very strong 9 for me. The game feels so much better now. I can't think of one complaint I have with patch 2.0. Maybe the clan player limit could be higher? But that's a very minor complaint, it's the only one I can think of though. Maybe Barbarians could have seen more love? They've improved practically every facet of the game, it's just much more fun.

And RoS is only going to improve on that, I mean once the Crusader class, Ladder system, Mystic, and Adventure mode are in, that 9 will get turned into a 10 immediately. Adventure mode especially, I'm so looking forward to that.

I'm impressed. Either Blizzard went back to the drawing board and made a lot of different choices or Jay Wilson really was responsible for much of what was wrong with the game at launch. It's amazing how much they've corrected what was wrong a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom