• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

I was in the same boat so I ran a few nights on easy act 3 and 4. Until I got a few upgrades that made it tolerable. On easy you should be able to kill very fast just numbers game more you kill even on easy more chance to have a legendary or other good drop. The struggle on master 1 did make me much better in the end.

I haven't even beaten Inferno yet. I went from beating Hell on Medium to Master I inferno. Only Act I right now, still seeing level 59 items.

And it's not really that hard just killing stuff is slow, I've died many times but it always due to me being stupid. My pets and Templar keep me alive through almost anything.

I need more mana regen, I have a 1300DPS sword but looking for a ceremonial dagger. Got a few legendaries and my first set piece but mostly lower level blacksmith plans as drops.

I switched to Cloud of Bats and killing much faster, no idea how I will kill the later bosses with this.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I kind of made a few bad choices in gear today. Did not work out quiet how I wanted. I got DPS and damage VS elite up but it took to much away from HP and resists. Hopefully a few good drops and balance out some again. Was getting 1 hit dead to much in master 2 especially heart of sin levels. There are these mobs that shoot this green tail from the ground basically instant death. Did clear the keep levels and boss though on master 2 so will stick with that.

Anyone notice gems drop a lot less on master vs easy? I might need to spend night on easy to get enough gems to make some level 15s.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well convinced a friend who played on the PC and gave up to play the PS3 version. He was over showed him my gear. He thought was so great I was able to get that kind of gear on own. Then I played the breach levels and got 3 legendaries and that was the final selling point. He played a monk from level 1-10 to make sure it played ok and while more cumbersome than PC he though was good enough.

Got a awesome rare hand gear with very lucky rolls including crit damage/percent and attack speed. Master 2 is getting easier but 48k HP does make it challenging for a melee wizard lol. Getting crit chance to 50 percent was huge so could use the crit passive to get cool time of my freeze spell down vs elites.

Curufinwe

I was playing on Hell Act 1 last night local coop with my wife and we got a ton of second-long hitches. It was happening every few minutes.

Anyone else experience this? It was on 360.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I was playing on Hell Act 1 last night local coop with my wife and we got a ton of second-long hitches. It was happening every few minutes.

I get those hitches of also when lots of effects are happening have PS3 version digital. They need to get that PS4 version out so get up density and get rid of those hitches.

PC question:

Whenever it arrives in the mail, I'm going to put my D3 installation on a USB flash drive. I've read that formatting the drive to NTFS first is necessary but I've also read that it is not. Which is correct? And why?

I get those hitches of also when lots of effects are happening have PS3 version digital. They need to get that PS4 version out so get up density and get rid of those hitches.

That's not going to happen until the expansion is ready. I don't think they're releasing Diablo III vanilla for PS4.

Number45

I'll be interested to see if they do increase the density for the next-gen versions. I appreciate it's a performance consideration, but I wouldn't be surprise if the numbers are also tweaked around balance.

Been having this problem on the PS3 version, I don't recall it happening when the console version launched either.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Been on a very bad luck streak last few days playing. Not 1 upgrade to add insult to injury seen lot legendary gear I can't equip or useless for my class. Tried out master 3 for a few minutes not even close to being there yet. The paragon levels starting to really drag. Not sure how some of you made 100. I am only level 17 seems take a long time to ding.

Been on a very bad luck streak last few days playing. Not 1 upgrade to add insult to injury seen lot legendary gear I can't equip or useless for my class. Tried out master 3 for a few minutes not even close to being there yet. The paragon levels starting to really drag. Not sure how some of you made 100. I am only level 17 seems take a long time to ding.

I'm only Paragon 2 and it's getting annoying with the show leveling. Maybe I'll try online due to the XP bonus. That's how I did the last few levels to 60. No wonder this thread is dying LOL.

Can't find a good legendary dagger or more set items. Usually it's a 2H with a lot of INT so not even good twink gear.

Blu10

Just out of curiosity what class are you.

I'm at paragon 24 and I've only been able to get my dps to around 200k on my wizard, meanwhile my barbarian is hovering around 300k...so frustrating.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just out of curiosity what class are you.

I'm at paragon 24 and I've only been able to get my dps to around 200k on my wizard, meanwhile my barbarian is hovering around 300k...so frustrating.

Wizard with a spectral blade build. I can get DPS over 300k with buffs but HP drop to 38k. I have 277k DPS and 47.5K hp right now.

Was another rotten night last night of no upgrades. Still looking for a few gem plans to.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I changed some gear around with stuff I had in storage so have more HP and DPS but still like beating my head against a brick wall right now. I can not find any real upgrades especially weapon. Until I find a good weapon with LS this will be a complete struggle. I am just biting the bullet on master 3 now. I die a lot but 5 mill in bank so can afford to eat deaths. The EXP and extra gem drops make it worth it. Have 2 more slots I need level 15 gems for. Just frustrating that it seems last 2 days seen lot less legendary drops. So the chances of a good weapon seem to be slim to none. Getting a little frustrated ATM.

Okay DiabloGAF, I've got a question. Currently on my second playthrough, I'm a Level 46 Wizard doing about 3k DPS, which is more than adequate for what I'm facing. Now my question is, what playthrough do I start finding the types of equipment that will get my DPS up to the hundreds of thousands? I'm kind of looking forward to it.

When you reach lvl 60 and start playing on Inferno.

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Also, is it worth upgrading the blacksmith all the way? Mine is level 8 at the moment, and my Jeweler is on the verge of being able to make Square gems. I notice the materials needed to get my blacksmith from 8 to 9 are a bit insane, as I need 10 of each type of tome to make 2 copies of the book he needs. Is it worth doing? Will he be able to make amazing gear when he's maxed at level 10, or will I end up finding better stuff through random drops?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Finally got a ok life steal weapon a bone sabre with 1550 DPS and 2.90 LS. Just wish it had a socket really missing that extra crit damage. But my attack speed is good enough with CM to freeze very often if got 2 or more in front of me can perma freeze. Trying to save up another million to try craft shoulders again went 0-15 last time none with any crit or attack speed. Now just gotta luck out and hit that bone sabre with a socket to get DPS over 300k again Almost to level 24 paragon and still struggling master 3 for gems. Got 2 more slots to full with level 15 gems.

Number45

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Also, is it worth upgrading the blacksmith all the way? Mine is level 8 at the moment, and my Jeweler is on the verge of being able to make Square gems. I notice the materials needed to get my blacksmith from 8 to 9 are a bit insane, as I need 10 of each type of tome to make 2 copies of the book he needs. Is it worth doing? Will he be able to make amazing gear when he's maxed at level 10, or will I end up finding better stuff through random drops?
You'll want to level them both (particularly the jeweller), but there's no hurry to do so until you're level 60 and can use the better stuff (gems aren't level restricted, so they're a great boost at lower levels when you have better recipes).

You'll want to level them both (particularly the jeweller), but there's no hurry to do so until you're level 60 and can use the better stuff (gems aren't level restricted, so they're a great boost at lower levels when you have better recipes).

I just started my Hell playthrough, and found a few Blacksmithing tomes, so it seems the requirements won't be as ridiculous as I thought (yet). It's been a long while since I played the PC version and forgot that whole tomes drop as well as pages.

Jinko

Will be getting this for PS3 tomorrow, will be leaving my PC characters behind which is a bit sad, but from what I hear the console version is much better.

Curufinwe

The hitches are getting more frequent and are lasting longer, and yesterday the game full on froze during the last stage of the Belial boss battle.

I don't remember reading about this in any review so I assume it's from playing local c-op.

Will be getting this for PS3 tomorrow, will be leaving my PC characters behind which is a bit sad, but from what I hear the console version is much better.

I did the same. Loot is soooo much better. I'm a Level 54 Wizard in Act I of Hell difficulty, and I've got 11k DPS and over 30k HP. In the PC version, I got my Monk up to 60, but was having a very hard time raising my DPS.

Okay, so I'm at the end of the game on my third (Hell) playthrough. Level 60 Wizard, 52k DPS, 65k HP, etc. etc.

I have blueprints for something called Archon Armor of Intelligence. Seems awesome. I need 20 Tomes of Secrets, which I already have, and 3 of some other item I've never seen before. Looks like a stone cup with orange liquid in it. What is it, and how/where do I get it? Is it something that doesn't pop up until Inferno? Or do I need a blueprint for it?

Dahbomb

That's a Demonic Essence and they start dropping in Inferno. They are fairly common drops so you don't need to worry too much about them.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Been really enjoying my new melee wizard build. Went more survivability it cost me some dps from 380 to 348 but well worth it. With prism armor all resists over 1k armor at 4k and hp at 81k. I use blizzard with stark winter to soften them up then chop them up. Against elites or against high hp white mobs use arcane hydra for extra boost. Can do master 4 with out a ton of issues. I die time to time due to being froze at wrong time or pack spamming arcane beams. Hit paragon 35 today but very disappointed seems like higher master level I get the less legendaries per run I get. My run is act 3 keeps 1-3, stormfront then whole heart of sin quest. At master 2 seemed to get 6-8 per run now get 0-4. Not like quality has gone up at all.

Curufinwe

The hitches are getting more frequent and are lasting longer, and yesterday the game full on froze during the last stage of the Belial boss battle.

I don't remember reading about this in any review so I assume it's from playing local c-op.

I managed to eliminate all the hitching by deleting the install and playing directly from the disc. It must have got fragmented or something.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I managed to eliminate all the hitching by deleting the install and playing directly from the disc. It must have got fragmented or something.

I got digital version so might be SOL on the hitching which as in your case seems to be getting worse and worse. Even with out lot of action it happens now.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I will try the HDD maintenance to see if that fixes it some. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have the digial PS3 version and at times it makes game near unplayable. On some hitches the game will freeze for half a second. Then some times the sound or effects go haywire. Just seems to get worse more I play. I really don't want to re-download it and re-install it. Need to get it out on the PS4 ASAP.

Finally got a upgrade today first time in 2 weeks. A solid amulet with CH,CD and AS. Very nice 11-12% DPS gain over old one from 349 to 387.

stn

Question for 360 players: are you able to zoom in your camera? I like to see the finer details on my character when I battle, especially if I have some great loot. Thanks.

Number45

Question for 360 players: are you able to zoom in your camera? I like to see the finer details on my character when I battle, especially if I have some great loot. Thanks.
There's no zoom in the console versions. You can see your character in detail on the select screen, but that's it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
For fun last night decided to change up gear a little and try master 5. Glad I did yes I die a ton but the exp is so much better it is totally worth it. Also getting more gem drops that I desperately need. I have some gear I like to try but short on high level gems to test them out. Especially these pants to get my resists over 1k again across the board. So need 1-2 intel gems and 1 level 15 vitality gem put in helmet to make up HP from switching pants. Still no luck on a good weapon yet still using a 1405 DPS skycutter with 2.5 life steal and 86 crit damage. Seems every weapon I get is either short on DPS, no lifesteal or CD/slot. Got sweet chondo wand today but no life steal so not useable on master 3-5. Would love to switch to a 2 hander but can't give up the plus 27% damage to elites on my source. That and it has +13 percent life and 10.5 CH.

Anyone who only plays alone how hard are the ubers at master 2? I was thinking of farming the other keys to try and make some hell fire rings to help speed up leveling. My wife works every other Saturday and could put in a solid 6 hour session if they were doable for me. I have plenty of act 3 keys 40+ so just need to grind out a few from act 1 and 2.

If any neogafs who are legit wanna add me PSN is dirtgnap. Maybe we can trade or try master 4-5 together. Just keep in mind I am a melee wizard so might get frustrated I am not a CM wizard with perma freeze. I play in the mornings central time and around midnight central time.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I swear I am cursed in this game as far as drops are concerned. I come so close to what I need for weapon drops for a clear upgrade over my 1350 DPS weapon. I got a Gesture of Orpheus yesterday with a socket it brings my DPS to 550k from 433k buffed up but no life steal. So reflecting mobs are brutal when using it. Also found 2 bone sabers with no sockets. Then to add insult to injury had a near 4 hour period where no elite mobs dropped a legendary this week lol. It is to bad that weapon choice is so bad with wizard if you want CHD and life steal not much out there with good DPS. It might be worth switching to a Barb just for weapon choice but not sure I want to re-gear right now. Plus not sure how much button pressing there is with a barb. Right now not much button pressing with melee wizard which is great.

Also to the person from NEO gaf who added me to PSN PM with class. I will be on a lot Saturday 8am-5pm we can play. I have ton of extra plans I can give you.

I have over 70 act 3 keys so if anyone wants to trade act 1 or 2 keys for them that be great. I would trade 3 for 1 if that would be enough.

Ashtar

Playing through this with my cousin couch co-op, went through it once going through again on Nightmare mode, I'm level 41 (wizard) and hes level 40 (barbarian). Having a ball too bad my wife hates this game.
Our DPS is up in the 2K -3K range and I can't wait till we get to play on inferno mode.

Wickwire

I played the PC version to death, but decided to pick up a copy on psn when it was on sale so my brother and I could have some couch coop and Im really happy I did. Im having a lot of fun. They did a great port and the drop rates seem to be where they should be.

Debating buying this on PS3 instead of PC to play this all night with the wife (we have 2 PC and 2 PS3). She really prefers playing with a controller and with PS+ the game is 35$ right now and we can install it on both PS3 for that price. Everything screams to get it on the PS3 but I just looked at a comparison video and the PS3 version is zoomed in or something? To people who played both version, how much does it affect the PS3 version? (to not see as much of the area as you do on PC).

Thanks!

gogosox8

Debating buying this on PS3 instead of PC to play this all night with the wife (we have 2 PC and 2 PS3). She really prefers playing with a controller and with PS+ the game is 35$ right now and we can install it on both PS3 for that price. Everything screams to get it on the PS3 but I just looked at a comparison video and the PS3 version is zoomed in or something? To people who played both version, how much does it affect the PS3 version? (to not see as much of the area as you do on PC).

Thanks!

I have both and I think it plays better with a controller. Its zoomed in more than the pc version but I've never had an issue with it. I'd say get it honestly unless you think you can wait for it to come out on ps4/xbone since I think they announced that it will come out with the expansion.

I have both and I think it plays better with a controller. Its zoomed in more than the pc version but I've never had an issue with it. I'd say get it honestly unless you think you can wait for it to come out on ps4/xbone since I think they announced that it will come out with the expansion.

Yeah, but you'll be able to transfer your PS3 save(s) to the PS4 version when the time comes. You can get your character leveled to 60 right now, then take them over to the PS4 for the expansion.

Plus the dodge-roll on the console versions is extremely helpful. I don't know if they ever patched it into the PC version.

Thanks to both of you for the replies!

It's downloading right now on both PS3! We'll make the jump to the PS4 version if the wife loves it.

Since characters transfer to PS4 and there is local co-op, I was thinking that we could both upload our characters, but we play on different PSN accounts. I think it would work anyway! Great great! With my 10$ PSN money that I got with my PS4, the game came at a big total of 25.19$ and we can play it co-op on our 2 PS3, what a steal! Can't wait for the install to be done!

YoungHav

Banned
Just started this last night on PS3... is there any type of punishment for dying? They got rid of D2's go back and find your body mechanic?

Top Bottom