• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Some of the mobs in act 4 are ridiculous, that's pretty much why you won't see (m)any people recommending you use it for farming.

No kidding. Was doing an Act IV run again and I go through a portal and get killed by 2 uniques and 3 elites that kept pounding me. I couldn't do much because as soon as I entered through the portal they hit me for 50% of my HP.

Found a epic wand that does over 1355 dmg.

larvi

Depends on what class you're playing, IMO. Templar's good for tanking for the ranged classes, but I don't need nor want that on my barb. I used Enchantress on my monk for utility, but now I'm using the scoundrel for my barb just for the extra damage, utility be damned.

I actually like the scoundrel when I'm playing a ranged build on my DH. Equip him with a high knock-back windforce and a ring or ammy with cold damage and lots of IAS and watch all of the trash mobs get knocked backed and chilled.

I do like the Templar though for builds where you need more resource regeneration. i.e TR monk or RF DH. The Templar is also the best for equipping a puzzle ring to for goblin spawns since he's usually in the thick of the melee action.

Wow in 10 minutes last night: Tal Rasha's Helm, Blackthorns Boots, and Chantodos wand.

Unfortunately the Chantodos is worse than my "Kill" legendary dagger. That dagger has crazy life regen and crit hit stats although it's base damage is only ~1200.

Maybe move to the Chantodos if I find the Chantodos source for the set.

legbone

I am about to kick down my mp to below master so I can get myself to 60 before cranking things up again.

that's a good idea. some people suggest playing on easy until they hit 60. that's just too boring for me. i'm running medium while leveling to keep it interesting.

I've been running thru couch co-op. This is a great game. The actions are very fluid and the controls respond perfectly. My gf is playing a Barbarian and likes the spinning tornado ability a lot. I am playing Demon Hunter and using rapid fire, so it kinda feels like Dead Nation but with tons of loot! We're going at a slow pace since I don't really trust my gf to keep up with scaling difficulty levels after the first play through.

Level 50 in Nightmare on my WD and I'm finally starting to get my ass handed to me.

Modified my build and gear somewhat for more defense and mana regen. Got the gargantuan back out and zombie dogs. Along with my templar tanking it's a bit slower but manageable. 4.3k DPS and 17.9k HP right now. I get some nasty packs of elites that can be a handful but more mobs still die easily.

Running with Firebomb, Zombie Dogs, Soul Harvest, Acid Cloud, Haunt(to heal) and Gargantuan. Passives are Grave Injustice(awesome skill), Spirit Vessel and Vision Quest.

oktarb

that's a good idea. some people suggest playing on easy until they hit 60. that's just too boring for me. i'm running medium while leveling to keep it interesting.

I myself play on easy to get my character to 60 as fast as possible so I have access to all my runes and so the gear that drops isn't going to be out leveled in an hour. I also enjoy slotting top tier gens into a low level character and watching them murderize everything.

My friend is much more a stop and smell the roses guy. Playing on normal, no grinding, enjoying the game for the bloodbath mayhem. One advantage i see in his method is the newness the game may still have when we get it on the PS4. Where I will have already leveled every class to 60 he'll have some that he can still come into fresh with the repurchase. We'll both of course have he Templar.

Like most things it just comes to your own tastes. I personally like that I can log on and play any class according to my mood. Some days you just need to hurl god damn frogs and things!

Just beat Medium Inferno Diablo for the first time with my monk. She's got 120K DPS from a two handed rare with a crazy emerald slotted in, a 35% chance to critical at 450% damage and a near 50% chance to dodge and a 60% damage mitigation. She is walking devastation to any and all things. Reached Paragon 3 by the end.

I must've gotten lucky with drops and just found the right groove with my skills and runes, but it was a cake walk. I think at some point just before Bastion's keep in Hell things got very easy and since that point I was one-or-two shotting everything, all the way through to the end. Inferno Diablo lasted a few seconds.

So I guess at this point I'm looking to bump up monster power, craft the really crazy shit, hunt down more legendaries, and break down the ones I don't need for brimstones? This is all kindof new to me, but even with the ease its been a blast so far.

Jabba

Banned
Is anyone else missing the level 12 gem combining stage on all 4 gems? I can't find the plans for any of them for my life. Also just found key of terror 15 minutes ago.

@ NullPointer

I've found things I need but nothing remotely close to that. Nice find I would say. As usual I have to grind out my existence.

Audioboxer

Anyone find the Monk more fun to play than the DH. Really getting bored with my DH and only just hit 60. I think it's the skill set I find boring.

I actually really struggle to enjoy the monk - it's the generators, I don't really find any of them fun.
I've used Fists of Thunder with Thunderclap for 90% of my time. Its the quickest spirit generator, affects multiple enemies, and allows you to cross a shitton of distance when striking, which has all kinds of helpful uses.

Even better, it looks awesome ;P

The only other one I used was Deadly Reach with Piercing Trident, and that was in the fields with the Goatmen, and mostly against the walking trees as they allow you to keep your distance. But I found that Fists of Thunder ended up having the most utility overall and kept to it.

Number45

Yeah, that's what I've been using as well. I like a lot of the other abilities, it's just having to spam that feels like it slows me down. Maybe once I get decent gear and better spirit regen I'll have to use it less.

Tried upping the monster power for the first time, doing Act I up to grabbing Leoric's Crown at Master II. Its definitely enough to give me pause as even normal enemies under the right circumstances can reduce me to 10% in a heartbeat.

So I went from walking god to getting the fear back, which forces me to pay more attention to how I'm positioned, how I'm prioritizing targets, and how well I'm working with the Scoundrel at my side, so it's all good. That short session pushed me over the edge to Paragon 4 and netted me three legendaries.

Not bad at all.

Halfway through Hell mode. Zombie Bears seems borderline OP ever since I got it.

Hopefully I can unlock Inferno soon and then start playing with MP1 and higher.

hitmon

Anybody with an X360 version want the Infernal Helm code? I'm testing the hiding code trick so quote this post to see it.

Audioboxer

Got my first green drop on Inferno Act 1 for my DH :)

IMG_20131104_001200.jpg

My current rare two hander that has seen me through late Hell and Inferno and now Master II. I haven't found anything even close, even when raw on-paper DPS is much higher.

Altogether, while wielding this I have 120K dps with a 35% chance to Critical at 450% damage, so it'll be a tough one to beat.

Audioboxer

Second green drop in Act 3. Sadly it's not good enough to be my main hand or offhand :( I take it set items are always pretty underpowered?

IMG_20131104_140341.jpg

IMG_20131104_140403.jpg

Blu10

Second green drop in Act 3. Sadly it's not good enough to be my main hand or offhand :( I take it set items are always pretty underpowered?

Generally they are all about the set bonuses. I'd think once you include the bonuses it'd be worth the equip.

Helscream

Banned
Well last night I finally hit paragon 100. Took a long damn time. The lack of monster density compared to the PC version makes it difficult to level as fast even on M5 difficulty. And mostly I was solo when I was leveling up.

If you want a idea of how long it will take here were my stats when I dinged 100.

77,548,912 Gold picked up
665,917 Kills
33,081 Elite Kills

Keep in mind this is with a Marquise Ruby in my Helm, Leorics Signet, and a Hellfire ring.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Finally got some time to play finally level 60 paragon level 1. Middle of act 2 on inferno kind of just trying to get through it and hopefully to better loot in act 3-4. DPS is sitting at 88.1k self buffed wizard. Really need to hit a good source, hand and shoulder drops. Been getting lots of plans but not sure if they are worth while or not. Don't want to waste crafting on items that won't last very long. Is it still worth picking up blue items to salvage at this point? It seems like I am making constant trips back to salvage items right now. Also might play with some of the skills. What are you guys using for passive skills on your level 60 wizards? Figure once hit act 4 one have to be taken by unstable anomaly. Right now use arcane dynamo, cold blooded and temporal flux.

Audioboxer

Going through Inferno on MP1 and it's quite challenging in places. Got to the Butcher and died a few times.

Doing 110k DPS on my DH. I have to say I've had pretty bad luck so far with drops, everything has been meh :p

Laconic

Banned
My DH is doing 285k now. I cannot WAIT to get him up to where he is melting things with 400k. Paragon is sooooooooo slooooooooooooooow on consoooooole. But the game is much more fun.

Anyone who needs a Manticore, hit me up. I have two spare ones, I think. I somewhat doubt I will get a better one than what I currently run (two sockets, 1400 damage, 2.5% life leech), but a man can dream.

Nudull

Banned
Heavily considering pulling the trigger on this. Would be my first time playing a Diablo game, period. How's it been, lately?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I am having a tough adjustment on trying master 1 act 3. First time got by ass handed to me badly. Adjusted my skills and still very hard. From the beginning to act 3 to the breach boss fight died like 6-8 times. The drops did not seem much better than easy act 4 to be honest. I got DPS up to 125k buffed up but elite or blue mobs really hit me very hard. My wizard has a spectral blade build which I enjoy and is incredible on easy to speed farming act 4. Hopefully some more rounded gear drops so can get resistances up along with keeping DPS where it is. I was messing with crafting so out of money so think will farm easy act 4 for a while to get cash back up to craft some more.

I love that I can import my character to the PS4 version gives me more incentive to grind this out longer since won't have to start over.

Drame

With the news of character transfer possible to ps4 the paragon grind was worth afterall!

Only 82 more levels to go...

rallaren

I tried the demo to lvl 8 with Barb on 360 and it was the exact same as on PC when it went f2p 1-13. I played on hard this time though which meant many deaths...

Onikaan

Whoops, posted this in the PC thread thread. Will post it here.

Hey

I'm getting my backside whooped at level 16. Playing a Barbarian, trying to tank for my friends but I seem to go down far too quickly. I was playing alone earlier and couldn't progress because I was dying so much.

Any tips for a new player? What should I look for in gear/stats?

Audioboxer

Whoops, posted this in the PC thread thread. Will post it here.

Hey

I'm getting my backside whooped at level 16. Playing a Barbarian, trying to tank for my friends but I seem to go down far too quickly. I was playing alone earlier and couldn't progress because I was dying so much.

Any tips for a new player? What should I look for in gear/stats?

Are you playing on easy? There is no difference between easy/med/hard in regards to exp/loot drop chance. Best to play on easy till inferno/level 60. Then you can work through MP1-5.

oktarb

Three Infernal Machine runs one on Master II and 2 on Master V and no organs. That's a grind that can go fuck itself.

I know nothing about Infernal machines or most of this end-game content that people go for.

Is any of this spelled out in-game at all? Or is this purely the stuff of wikis?

I've been collecting legendary materials that I don't have use for so far, and have a few sheets of some ship captain's log, but honestly I'm just bashing the hell out of shit in Master II Inferno purely for kicks and gold and the off-chance I find a weapon upgrade or better survivability gear.

And holy shit does some of this max level crafting drain the coffers. Gotta keep an eye on that bottom line, otherwise you can lose your shirt without even realizing it.

oktarb

The Infernal Machine is purely wiki. The Staff of Herding is kind of mentioned in the load screen text but not what to do with the things you find or how to enter Whileshire.

The IF really is a luxury grind. Gets you a great ring that can be used at lvl 1 with huge exp boost and generally great stats.

Okay, I'm at home sick for the week with bronchitis. Gonna pick this up because I need something new to play. I rolled a Monk up to level 60 in the PC version. Thinking of going with a Wizard this time. Opinions?

Tiops

This game is really addicting. I'm playing couch coop with my wife, we finished Normal this weekend and already started our Nightmare run. The gameplay is awesome, jumping with the barbarian in the middle of the monsters and make everything explode is incredibly fun.

What are those green equipments? I thought that the Legendary ones were the best ones.

Leckan

This game is really addicting. I'm playing couch coop with my wife, we finished Normal this weekend and already started our Nightmare run. The gameplay is awesome, jumping with the barbarian in the middle of the monsters and make everything explode is incredibly fun.

What are those green equipments? I thought that the Legendary ones were the best ones.

Green items are set items. If you get several in the same set you gain extra bonuses.

Audioboxer

Okay, I'm at home sick for the week with bronchitis. Gonna pick this up because I need something new to play. I rolled a Monk up to level 60 in the PC version. Thinking of going with a Wizard this time. Opinions?

Massive AOE damage, a little squishy, but seem like a lot of fun. Not played Wizard myself, but my GF co-op'd to 60 with me as a Wizard.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Got a few small upgrades here and there. Then I hit the jackpot with my first legendary source Chantodo's Force. A solid 50k DPS upgrade so sitting 204 DPS buffed. Also raised HP by 1/3 with all upgrades so master 1 is a not so frustrating now. Still die some but not nearly as bad as before. Still need legendary gauntlets and arms those should be big upgrades. Keep getting these ice gauntlets that have crappy stats arg. I really like the spectral blade wizard very fun and challenging. Paragon leveling is so painfully slow though. I know won't get 100 before the PS4 version comes out. Will burn out well before then I think at this rate. Also need to luck out on a level 13 topaz gem plans so can make level 15 topaz gems. My other wish is blizzard to have a data base for consoles so I know what gear can do stat wise.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I'm on Inferno Master 1 difficulty with my WD and it's hard. Haven't found many upgrades yet, sitting at about 68k DPS and HP or so.

I was in the same boat so I ran a few nights on easy act 3 and 4. Until I got a few upgrades that made it tolerable. On easy you should be able to kill very fast just numbers game more you kill even on easy more chance to have a legendary or other good drop. The struggle on master 1 did make me much better in the end.

I'm on Inferno Master 1 difficulty with my WD and it's hard. Haven't found many upgrades yet, sitting at about 68k DPS and HP or so.

Do some farming on easy in Tower of the Damned Level 1 -> Rakkis Crossing -> Fields of Slaughter -> The Keep Depths Level 2 -> Arreat Crater Level 2.

When you break the 100k DPS barrier, then you can try farming Master 1.

Top Bottom