• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Marvelous

Hmm, does anyone here have a good, spare Sledgefist that I could have on the PS3 version? Figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask, lol.
My PSN Id is Maha_Narayana

Ashtar

Wow what in the hell is going on here? how are y'all getting items that give 4 figures of damage? just wow, I thought my demon hunter was tough with his 100 or so damage bow but damn.......

larvi

I just put my dual 26% bonus vs elite hallowed defender weapons to the test and was able to solo ubers on Master 5 with my monk. ZK/Siege took several tries and I had to change my skills for more defense but the other ubers were pretty easy.

After well over 1000 hours and plvl 100 on the PC I think MP7 is still the highest I can solo. Console version loot makes the game so much easier.

Anyone knows what's in the patch notes?
Right after the patch I got goldskin for two different characters.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10137253879?page=1#1

Biggest ones for me are no more square gems in inferno and fixing the bug where your follower loses his items.

Number45

Wow what in the hell is going on here? how are y'all getting items that give 4 figures of damage? just wow, I thought my demon hunter was tough with his 100 or so damage bow but damn.......
What level are you? 1K+ weapons will start dropping (if you're lucky) right at the end of Hell (you'll be about level 50) and you'll drown in them on your inferno run.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Have not had a lot of time to play last week. But now in the first 90 minutes of hell and level 51 wizard. Is 11k dps/damage about right? I have given up some damage for resistances to avoid to be hit so hard. Also maybe I am in a strange spot in the game but the artisan stuff is not so good right now in general. Just got level 7 gems and the bonus seems kind of small because everything else seems to be moving up much faster. MOBs started to drop tomes so that will help level them up much faster. Having a blast but game is getting much harder for me now. A lot less 1 hit kills and can get into trouble pretty fast if not careful against yellow mobs. Maybe was just lucky because got a nice 450 1 hander middle of act 3 nightmare and was having easy time.

Running my monk now in Act III Hell with 36K damage and loving every bit of it.

Marvelous

Well your best bet is to try the D2JSP forums.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=227

Really the only source of trade/communication. I found a rabid strike, but I play a Barbarian.

EDIT: I could also craft a Demon Hand if your really hurting for a first weapon.

Oh, thanks, but you don't have to craft anything for me. I have two decent weapons with lifesteal that I'm using. I just wanted to have some fun with the stun effect of the Sledgefist. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blizzcon schedule!

5FuNgSI.png

HYPE!

Ashtar

What level are you? 1K+ weapons will start dropping (if you're lucky) right at the end of Hell (you'll be about level 50) and you'll drown in them on your inferno run.
I'm playing nightmare mode (hard) level 40 or there abouts my weapons still suck though, I can barely get 100 out of a cross bow with my demon hunter.... smh

Woorloog

Banned
I'm playing nightmare mode (hard) level 40 or there abouts my weapons still suck though, I can barely get 100 out of a cross bow with my demon hunter.... smh

I'll note that Easy, Medium and Hard do not affect drops, merely monster health and damage. That is, unless you like the challenge, no other reason to use either Medium or Hard difficulty.

I get a lot of Legedaries (totaled perhaps 20 now) though only a few have actually been worthwhile. And most of them were two-handed weapons with intelligence while playing as a Wizard...

---

Can't wait till RoS, want to play a Crusader. I like sword'n'board much more than dual wielding or two-handed weapons (weapon+shield with Barbarian being rather pointless, and not much better for Monk either really, not to mention i dislike Monk's weapons not showing in many skills...).

Ashtar

I'll note that Easy, Medium and Hard do not affect drops, merely monster health and damage. That is, unless you like the challenge, no other reason to use either Medium or Hard difficulty.

I get a lot of Legedaries (totaled perhaps 20 now) though only a few have actually been worthwhile. And most of them were two-handed weapons with intelligence while playing as a Wizard...

---

Can't wait till RoS, want to play a Crusader. I like sword'n'board much more than dual wielding or two-handed weapons (weapon+shield with Barbarian being rather pointless, and not much better for Monk either really, not to mention i dislike Monk's weapons not showing in many skills...).
Dafuq.png

IT doesn't even get you more XP?! why does it even exist?

Woorloog

Banned
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ipKQSPw58Eo/UKvg9uw3ErI/AAAAAAAAAEU/hasiQPCc6Ck/Dafuq.png[IMG]
IT doesn't even get you more XP?! why does it even exist?[/QUOTE]

For challenge, i guess. I find medium to be good enough, easy is too easy. Haven't tried hard but since it doesn't actually have any benefits, i won't bother.
Master I equals Monster Power 6 from PC (and gives 60% magic find and gold find, and 120% experience, IIRC) and it makes the game rather hard for lowbie characters, even with 3 player party... Skeleton King fight felt epic.

zou

great, the latest patch completely killed the framerate on my 360. used to be pretty stable other than minor slowdowns with lots of stuff going on. now it's constantly running below 60fps and any time there's a few enemies that drops even further.

done until they fix this..

Woorloog

Banned
great, the latest patch completely killed the framerate on my 360. used to be pretty stable other than minor slowdowns with lots of stuff going on. now it's constantly running below 60fps and any time there's a few enemies that drops even further.

done until they fix this..

Whaat?
No issues whatsoever here.
I did have crashing issue after the patch but emptying the cache and re-downloading patch fixed this.
Try it. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

EDIT. Wait. The game runs 60fps? Hmm... i wonder if there are actually slowdowns but i simply don't notice them... Either way, perfectly playable all the time.

Mogwai

I've just started Hell mode with my monk. I tried MP1 for a little while but it seems so much slower compared to just blazing through on easy difficulty.

Is there actually any point in playing anything but easy difficulty before hitting the level cap?

Jack_AG

Banned
Dafuq.png

Merely to toy with your emotions.

Play on Easy until Inferno at 60. Seriously. That's about it.

I've just started Hell mode with my monk. I tried MP1 for a little while but it seems so much slower compared to just blazing through on easy difficulty.

Is there actually any point in playing anything but easy difficulty before hitting the level cap?

Nope.

ezekial45

Banned
Does Blizzard have a phone number I can call for my account? I forgot to disable the blizzard authenticator when I switched to a new phone, and now I'm locked out of my account. I'm extremely wary of scanning and sending out my license/passport information to them over the website, and I'd much rather talk with someone.

Is that possible?

Woorloog

Banned

Master I is equal to Monster Power 6 on PC, not MP1... So of course it is much slower.
As i said, i find easy to be too easy so i play on medium but strictly speaking there is no reason not to play on Easy until you can handle Master I at least without problems.

Does Blizzard have a phone number I can call for my account? I forgot to disable the blizzard authenticator when I switched to a new phone, and now I'm locked out of my account. I'm extremely wary of scanning and sending out my license/passport information to them over the website, and I'd much rather talk with someone.

Is that possible?

You're probably looking for Diablo 3 PC thread...
But yes, they do have support numbers.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/phonenumbers
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

Dafuq.png

Exactly. I was playing on Easy on my first playthrough with my wizard (Normal, NIghtmare, Hell, Inferno) ended up level 60 Paragon 2 with 88K DPS.

Started my Demon Hunter playthrough now on MP1 Finished normal, now on Nightmare - Level 42 around 9K DPS. Its a much greater slog through on MP1 and im dying a LOT more - but playing on Easy just wasnt fun anymore, and since there are no benefits to Medium/Hard then i might as well go MP1.

Ashtar

Merely to toy with your emotions.

Play on Easy until Inferno at 60. Seriously. That's about it.
Wow I don't even...... wow just wow, I guess I'll switch it back to normal.... I don't want it to be too easy if it's not some challenge no point in playing imo

Nokterian

All right console version is on it's way PS3 version..tommorow i will have it. So anybody wanna do some co-op? Add me to PSN same name as here!

Curufinwe

I played online (360) for the first time last night. And I leveled up and got quests done so much faster than playing co-op with my wife. Level 60 here I come.

Anyone on 360 wanna play sometime? GT: Victor 5avage

I beat Diablo NM with my wizard. Diablo even on easy was fucking hard as hell for my Barb, but, for my wizard? Smh, my wizard steam rolled everything. I found a 1H legendary sword that had 410 DPS, and a rare off-hand weapon that gave me like 200 int and a ton of vit. My DPS is around 12k...

Jabba

Banned
Tried M1 on inferno, with the gear I have it's possible but very painful in areas. The whole screen was agroed on my DeHu. Funny shit, way to long. I guess finishing Inferno would be first before farming for gear or get to certain point/s, turn up the difficulty and spray and pray for good drops?

I gotta admit, the AI isn't bad. Very suprised to actually see useful ai to the player. Most games, any AI would be kneeling/healing or dead. Having a good time with this game.

Tried M1 on inferno, with the gear I have it's possible but very painful in areas. The whole screen was agroed on my DeHu. Funny shit, way to long. I guess finishing Inferno would be first before farming for gear or get to certain point/s, turn up the difficulty and spray and pray for good drops?

I gotta admit, the AI isn't bad. Very suprised to actually see useful ai to the player. Most games, any AI would be kneeling/healing or dead. Having a good time with this game.

i know what you mean - easy on all the levels is too damn easy - but MP1 can be damn hard. And since there is no reward for anything in between, what's the point?

ShinMaruku

Well I have my build almost set out on my wizard and I am dying so much less. Anybody want to join me?
My PSNID is the same as my username here.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the in game achievements(wheel of fortune esp) count between multiple chars? Like I have 4/10 on my current char and really want to move on. If I find another version wit another will it count?

Blu10

Does anyone know if the in game achievements(wheel of fortune esp) count between multiple chars? Like I have 4/10 on my current char and really want to move on. If I find another version wit another will it count?

Yes, I started a hardcore character after singing 60 on my barb and I was able to finish off some challenges.

Well, I spoke too soon about hell being easy. Some elites are harder then bosses. It's not that they kill me too fast, it's they have got a shit load of HP and I can't kill them fast enough. So it begins, Act 2 just ramped up the difficulty.

ShinMaruku

Finally got meteor shower. I am wondering if that would be something good for critmass builds?
It's either that or I push my kiting build.

Holy fuck the final act of hell was hard. Some of those elite monsters with wall/mortar wrecked my shit so hard. Diablo was pretty tough too. My DPS is now 25k.

Jabba

Banned
When playing solo, which NPC does everyone use? I use the self righteous lug at times. I still like him as a character though.

I prefer to do things by way of Kingsport.

What say you GAF?

When playing solo, which NPC does everyone use? I use the self righteous lug at times. I still like him as a character though.

What say you GAF?
Templar with the Witch Doctor for extra aggro-magnet meatshielding, and Scoundrel with my Monk for extra criticals and stuns. Working out well so far, but I might swap the Templar with the Enchantress and see how well that goes.

quest

Not Banned from OT

What say you GAF?

Right now using the enchantress but I am only on act 2 of hell on easy level 54 wizard. With well timed drops I am mowing through with out much issues. I will switch to the Templar eventually so I can have a tank but right now the poly spell she does comes in very handy.

Just got a very nice weapon drop at first did not think was that great same damage 460 but +24% to demons and plus several hundred min damage. Seem to be doing up to 3 times more damage to demon type mobs now with only a DPS increase of 2k from 14k to 16k. On non demons seem to be doing 1.5 more damage probably from the plus min damage bonus. I think it is called sever it is a legendary sword I love it. Just wish it had a slot. Also figured out the plus exp in helm wish done sooner since it is by percentage.

Number45

Holy fuck the final act of hell was hard. Some of those elite monsters with wall/mortar wrecked my shit so hard. Diablo was pretty tough too. My DPS is now 25k.
Some of the mobs in act 4 are ridiculous, that's pretty much why you won't see (m)any people recommending you use it for farming.

zou

Whaat?
No issues whatsoever here.
I did have crashing issue after the patch but emptying the cache and re-downloading patch fixed this.
Try it. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

EDIT. Wait. The game runs 60fps? Hmm... i wonder if there are actually slowdowns but i simply don't notice them... Either way, perfectly playable all the time.

thanks, i'll try this. it gets worse the more areas I visit, though at least that way it respawns some of the old ones and I can do runs 2-3 times per area. so that's something.

What say you GAF?

Templar until level 30. Enchantress only after this. She levels later but is so much more powerful and helpful with her skills.

Jedi2016

Templar until level 30. Enchantress only after this. She levels later but is so much more powerful and helpful with her skills.
Depends on what class you're playing, IMO. Templar's good for tanking for the ranged classes, but I don't need nor want that on my barb. I used Enchantress on my monk for utility, but now I'm using the scoundrel for my barb just for the extra damage, utility be damned.

Woorloog

Banned
My luck is good: 3 Legendaries in a row with relatively low magic find (roughly 33%). That in addition to yesterday's 2-3 Legendary drops.
Of course "good" is relative, still under level 40 AND Legendaries aren't always that good. But still fun to get a lot of stuff. Have really cool sword for my Wizard now.

Of course, since i've had generally very good luck so far, i must assume my luck will turn sour once i hit level 60...

Top Bottom