• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

So far in my hunt for a Cindercoat, Kadala has given me....

3 Tyreals Might
3 Aquila Cuirass
2 Garwulf
2 Blackthrones
1 Heart of iron
1 Shi Mizu Haori
1 Cape of the Dark Knight
1 Blackfeather
1 Beckon Sail

I started doing on my monk for the last 2000 shards. It's not helping...

My current ring count while trying to get an SoJ is

3 Skull Grasp
2 Band of Untold Secrets
4 The Wailing Host
4 Stolen ring
1 Nagelring
1 Bul Kathos's Wedding Band
1 Oculus Ring
3 Obsidian ring of the zodiac
3 Broken Promises
2 Eternal Union
3 Justice Lantern
2 The Compass Rose
2 Leorics Signet
1 Wyrdward
1 Band of Hollow Whispers
1 Rogar's Huge Stone
2 Unity

I've kind of just given up now lol.

So you just hit "join clan" once you find the Rift it Forward clan and someone will eventually let you in?

I've never dealt with clans before.

Dahbomb

The only items I can gamble for my DH to improve the build are a better Magefist (meaning a trifecta) and a Witching Hour.

I have a Cindercoat, an SoJ, a RROG (it's not trifecta but I can't gamble for it anyway), a Magefist, Reaper's Wraps, Haunt of Vaxo amulet, Hellcat Belt, Firewalkers or Asheara's Boots, Asheara's Pants Asheara's Shoulders, DML Quiver with Cluster arrow + Crit, Manticore with good damage roll and Blind Faith helm with crit + Cluster arrow (damn good item in general, the Blind is crazy good for a range character).

I can get a Pride's Fall but that's only act 3 Bounty. So I guess I am just going to gamble Belts/Gloves for the time being. I am kinda tired of gambling Gloves because I have gotten like 10 Gladiator Gauntlets and about as many St. Andrews. If I get those I will probably start rolling some Helms for Andariels to use on my Monk as a make shit Helm until I get Gyana Na Kushu or Eye of the Storm.

Hm. not sure. I do have 15% elite dmg from augihlds and I use 20% phys bracer when I do ghom so my fetishes hit harder.

What I do is

spawn in,
walk forward,
spawn fetish army + 3
spawn reposition to the side
spawn garg
spawn totem
hit ghom w/ pirahna wave
reposition if garg isn't hitting so he starts hitting
hold down fire bats
hit spirit walk if my health gets low
hit potion if my health keeps getting low

usually hes dead and I don't have to reposition again.
I forgot to swap the rune from the cooldown one for fetish army, that helped a bit
pirahnas instead of dogs help a lot too seems I don't need them

thanks for the advice

the biggest problem is that the garg ai is just pathetic and half the time he just stands there or stops attacking (and the boss also constantly keeps moving around repositioning itself which then breaks the garg ai again)

on one attempt where the garg did his job and critted alot I got him down in 14seconds, but that seems like the exception, if he doesnt die before the garg expires it instantly takes 10-20seconds longer

it's really shameful how bad the pathing and ai of the pets is in this game...

edit: after some more tries and learning to deal with the dumb pet AI I seem to kill it in just under 15 seconds most of the time

Which begs the question, were story bosses loots nerfed alongside regular purple elites (like manglemaw etc) when they nerfed manglemaw farming?
Because ghom seems to drop more items (4-5 instead of 2-3) than manglemaw did so if his drops changes weren't affected by the manglemaw nerfs this could be a good way to farm some items for my WD while I'm farming gold instead of just spamming hellrifts (maybe 1 leg an hour doing that) for gold

J-Rzez

Did they nerf Legendary drops? Seems like when 2.0 hit and the first week or so of RoS I was getting way more drops...

Probably, because people were having fun so they had to put a stop to that.

My legendary drop rate has plummeted and considering that I never had luck in the first place, its horrible. If it weren't for chest runs I wouldnt have shit in this game. Seems like everyone else in my clan and groups gets drops while I don't. Its so bad I think the game or blizzard hate me. Or maybe my game is broken. There are multiple items I have never seen, 3 specific weapons, certain set piece slots, and numerous other legendaries. I get the same shit weapons, chests, and rings especially over and over and it sucks.

Doesn't matter if I do normal to t4 rifts or bounties, grouped or solo. Spent a ton of shards, got junk. Sucks being left behind from groups and progression due to some shit RNG algorithm.

Game went from fun, to not fun, to frustrating so I don't play it as much. This isn't accounting for how terribly optimized this game is bringing my 780/2600k to single digit frame rate and then server latency issues to boot.

But the root of the issues is that this is a loot game, and no loot means no fun. But blizzard is too dumb to realize this. Or, they got my money and just don't care.

What's your build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/solarpanda-1819/hero/45337814

I've been a little confused getting back into the game, but that's it at the moment. I pretty much keep Mantra of Healing up whenever possible along with SW, using IF whenever it procs. My spirit stays pretty high and regens quickly with Inner Storm. I can stay alive in T2 just fine, just wish I was doing more damage. I'll take any monk pointers I can get lol.

cdyhybrid

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/solarpanda-1819/hero/45337814

I've been a little confused getting back into the game, but that's it at the moment. I pretty much keep Mantra of Healing up whenever possible along with SW, using IF whenever it procs. My spirit stays pretty high and regens quickly with Inner Storm. I can stay alive in T2 just fine, just wish I was doing more damage. I'll take any monk pointers I can get lol.

Well, based on your Deadly Reach and LTK runes, I assume you're going for a lightning damage build? In that case, you probably want to try head slot and/or belt slot, for Andariel's Visage or Eye of the Storm (head) and Thundergod's Vigor (belt).

If you want to go with a fire build, chest for Cindercoat and gloves for Magefist would be good.

Discobird

Hmm, I can kill T6 Ghom in about 19 seconds on average with my DH using a goofy build that would be totally impractical for anything else. No risk of death either.

Mara's Kaleidoscope helps :3

Baliis

Hmm, I can kill T6 Ghom in about 19 seconds on average with my DH using a goofy build that would be totally impractical for anything else. No risk of death either.

Mara's Kaleidoscope helps :3

All the cool kids stand in the cloud and pray they kill him fast enough.

So far in my hunt for a Cindercoat, Kadala has given me....

3 Tyreals Might
3 Aquila Cuirass
2 Garwulf
2 Blackthrones
1 Heart of iron
1 Shi Mizu Haori
1 Cape of the Dark Knight
1 Blackfeather
1 Beckon Sail

I started doing on my monk for the last 2000 shards. It's not helping...

Try gambling for Dex Cindercoat on a L70 Monk instead? (since Monk doesn't have class item in that slot)

ZenaxPure

My drop rate has consistently increased as I've increased my clear speeds and torment levels.

Pretty much, I've gotten to the point where if I don't see at least 1 legendary in a rift I am actually surprised, honestly can't remember the last time I went 2 in a row without finding at least one. Right now I play on T4 solo (can do T5 but not as fast as I'd like) and T5 with some of my friends. I feel like I've been able to tell a difference in rift drops between T1 and T5 pretty easily.

nbraun80

So you just hit "join clan" once you find the Rift it Forward clan and someone will eventually let you in?

I've never dealt with clans before.

its not a clan its a community, a little different. Basically you just join the community then get into the community chat and people will post when they have a rift ready then you right-click their name and request an invite. If you're fast enough you'll get it. Ha :)

J-Rzez

I need to find better ways to get drops....

I think they killed every chest run there was. If there's something new or that wasn't crushed by blizzard I hope someone tells me. I'm about done.

Glad you other guys get 1 drop per rift, I don't. Doesn't matter what difficulty, if I go fast, or full clear, I get a drop maybe every two hours, if lucky.

Well, based on your Deadly Reach and LTK runes, I assume you're going for a lightning damage build? In that case, you probably want to try head slot and/or belt slot, for Andariel's Visage or Eye of the Storm (head) and Thundergod's Vigor (belt).

If you want to go with a fire build, chest for Cindercoat and gloves for Magefist would be good.

That is awesome. Thank you very much!

nbraun80

I think they killed every chest run there was. If there's something new or that wasn't crushed by blizzard I hope someone tells me. I'm about done.

Glad you other guys get 1 drop per rift, I don't. Doesn't matter what difficulty, if I go fast, or full clear, I get a drop maybe every two hours, if lucky.

never understood the want/need to do chest runs. I'm fine with them nerfing things like that, that rely on you not killing anything at all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Is that what they did with those Act 3 "chests"? It seems only a few of them actually have something nowadays. Most gives nothing, not even a little gold. I never did chest runs, so that change just seem stupid to me.

ElyrionX

You don't need tasker and theo. I kill Ghom just as my Gargantuan dies (crits for 200m) Fetishes (crit for 17m). Elite dmg helps, %ele dmg helps. Even faster with piranhas than spirit walk and enchantress over templar.

Heres one just now.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ricerocket-1383/hero/2483522
BHFkrpt.jpg

That is some insane damage output. How the hell are your pets critting for so much? What is your sheet DPS?

Artanisix

A5 6.2 Abandoned Siege Camp

Not really worth the time though, average legendary per hour there is around 2 on T6.

cdyhybrid

Should I switch my Monk to fire? I'm doing T2 rifts pretty easily right now, and my gear is far from optimal, so it's not like I'd be flushing a full set of gear.

The only reason I wanted to go lightning was for Thunderfury, but 1) the proc doesn't get lightning damage bonuses, and 2) I can just xmog it onto whatever weapons I want (once I actually find a TF T.T).

It also sounds like fire Monks can eventually do T6, but lightning tops out at T4 or 5.

eek5

Should I switch my Monk to fire? I'm doing T2 rifts pretty easily right now, and my gear is far from optimal, so it's not like I'd be flushing a full set of gear.

The only reason I wanted to go lightning was for Thunderfury, but 1) the proc doesn't get lightning damage bonuses, and 2) I can just xmog it onto whatever weapons I want (once I actually find a TF T.T).

It also sounds like fire Monks can eventually do T6, but lightning tops out at T4 or 5.

I think you can take a lot of builds into high torment with monk because the biggest barrier for entry is min-maxing the fuck out every single roll on every single piece of gear you're wearing.

My current ring count while trying to get an SoJ is

3 Skull Grasp
2 Band of Untold Secrets
4 The Wailing Host
4 Stolen ring
1 Nagelring
1 Bul Kathos's Wedding Band
1 Oculus Ring
3 Obsidian ring of the zodiac
3 Broken Promises
2 Eternal Union
3 Justice Lantern
2 The Compass Rose
2 Leorics Signet
1 Wyrdward
1 Band of Hollow Whispers
1 Rogar's Huge Stone
2 Unity

I've kind of just given up now lol.
Haha didn't know there was an Obsidian Ring if the Zodiac in the game. Is there a Godly Plate of Whale too?

The Cowboy

You can get Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare from Kadala?
Yes, but you aren't mean to to be able to, a blue confirmed this and is getting it flagged as a bug.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45
My own documentation indicates that Vyr's should be Torment Only and Tal Rasha's shouldn't be obtainable from Kadala. If this isn't true, it's likely a bug to be passed on. I'll send that over to the appropriate folks to investigate.

J-Rzez

A5 6.2 Abandoned Siege Camp

Not really worth the time though, average legendary per hour there is around 2 on T6.

That one still works? And 2 LPH? Sheet, better than my 1 per 2~.

never understood the want/need to do chest runs. I'm fine with them nerfing things like that, that rely on you not killing anything at all.

It's the only way I got gear. The vast majority of it came from those runs. I think 1 item from kadala that i don't use anymore. And while "playing the game", most of my gear comes from destructibles and chests. Mobs rarely, and I mean rarely drop me gear.

Is that what they did with those Act 3 "chests"? It seems only a few of them actually have something nowadays. Most gives nothing, not even a little gold. I never did chest runs, so that change just seem stupid to me.

Yeah, they said it was a "bug" with those vessels, and reduced the number of chests found in the world because people were having fun actually getting gear.

My thing is who cares if people got their loot from that? It's not like this is a competitive game. It's a game that should be online "IF" you want to party up even.

Sanctuary

Finally, a Thunderfury dropped for me. The damage on it is only 2167 (my Sever is 2382), but it also has +10% damage, which is currently not working. So it should reach 2300ish whenever the patch hits in six months.

Anyway, I've always wanted one for my Wizard due to the ease in which you can apply Elemental Exposure and because the procs seemed like they would add a huge amount of damage over time.

But holy shit, the weapon may as well be listed as 2900 DPS. The procs literally make it feel like you jumped down a level in difficulty. I could do T4 relatively easy solo (15 minutes or less solo rifts) depending on the layout--which more often than not is some shitty huge map with a bunch of super high health enemies that knockback all day--but now it almost feels trivial.

Discobird

The only items I can gamble for my DH to improve the build are a better Magefist (meaning a trifecta) and a Witching Hour.

I have a Cindercoat, an SoJ, a RROG (it's not trifecta but I can't gamble for it anyway), a Magefist, Reaper's Wraps, Haunt of Vaxo amulet, Hellcat Belt, Firewalkers or Asheara's Boots, Asheara's Pants Asheara's Shoulders, DML Quiver with Cluster arrow + Crit, Manticore with good damage roll and Blind Faith helm with crit + Cluster arrow (damn good item in general, the Blind is crazy good for a range character).

Harrington's is probably easier to gamble than a WH and is better overall considering how many things count as chests for purposes of the buff, plus the fact that you can comfortably get a lot of much-needed toughness on it (mine has dex, vit, allres and life%).

Consider gambling for Hexing Pants if your'e comfortable stutterstepping for each and every shot. The 25% bonus to hatred regeneration effects health globe pickups with BV and Reaper's Wraps as well as Preparation - Punishment, along with passive regen and hatred gained from shooting your generators. It's very strong, and I don't need to say how good a 25% damage buff from one slot is.

I will have to try Blind Faith someday if I can let go of my Pride's Fall addiction or switch builds to something less resource intensive. It does seem really good for ranged characters. Competitive with Andy's I'd say.

The other thing you can gamble for of course is weapons and quivers. These will be more sidegrades than upgrades--different playstyles but not necessarily better in every way than what you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom