• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

God dammed son of a "insert rude word".

In the middle of a fantastic Rift and just finished the guardian and a leg drops, then "you have been disconnected blah blah blah" - not happy at all.

nbraun80

It is so depressing reading the official forums, I really need to stop. The negativity is unreal. I'd hate to wade through all that daily looking for good feedback. Makes me appreciate the overall logic in this thread I guess. Ha :)

LCGeek

formerly sane
God dammed son of a "insert rude word".

In the middle of a fantastic Rift and just finished the guardian and a leg drops, then "you have been disconnected blah blah blah" - not happy at all.

Game has been laggy and rubberbanding me all day as well.

Sorry to hear about that those are indeed the worst.

cdyhybrid

76EQ3jU.jpg

Cows :O

jns

Currently unplayable in aus. Tried 5 times, all five neded in me being kicked after 1-4 mins with lag of around 2k

ElyrionX

I'm fine with the RNG of rolling stats but the escalating cost is quite unreasonable, IMO. They should make it a fixed cost to roll everytime. Would make it easy to tailor gear if you want to switch skill builds too.

Dahbomb

Harrington's is probably easier to gamble than a WH and is better overall considering how many things count as chests for purposes of the buff, plus the fact that you can comfortably get a lot of much-needed toughness on it (mine has dex, vit, allres and life%).

Consider gambling for Hexing Pants if your'e comfortable stutterstepping for each and every shot. The 25% bonus to hatred regeneration effects health globe pickups with BV and Reaper's Wraps as well as Preparation - Punishment, along with passive regen and hatred gained from shooting your generators. It's very strong, and I don't need to say how good a 25% damage buff from one slot is.

I will have to try Blind Faith someday if I can let go of my Pride's Fall addiction or switch builds to something less resource intensive. It does seem really good for ranged characters. Competitive with Andy's I'd say.

The other thing you can gamble for of course is weapons and quivers. These will be more sidegrades than upgrades--different playstyles but not necessarily better in every way than what you're using.
I already know about Harringtons (will probably get nerfed anyway) but didn't know that Hexing Pants worked on stutter step. I already stutter my shots (because my attack speed is slow) but you still have to actually stop to attack. I thought that item was more useful for Strafe/WW/Tempest builds where you are always attacking while moving.

Well I guess I have something to look forward to then.

I'm fine with the RNG of rolling stats but the escalating cost is quite unreasonable, IMO. They should make it a fixed cost to roll everytime. Would make it easy to tailor gear if you want to switch skill builds too.
Figured out a bug that allows you to reset the scaling cost.

Basically pick an item you want to change the stats of:

*Keep rolling item until you feel like it's too expensive per roll (let's say it goes up to 200K per roll).

*When you get the final roll and it's not what you want, immediately press Escape, exit the game.

*Resume game. When you go to enchant that item you will realize that the cost is back to what it was for the first roll.

Note that your actual gold and crafts aren't refunded/rolled back. If you paid a total of 2 million to enchant that money is still gone. What's changing is the price of the next roll. Crafts are also taken (so you can still end up wasting Forgotten Souls) and this bug is fairly useless for rolling Rings/Amulets. But for everything else it will help you save a TON of money.

isny

napkin dispenser
Luckily I've gotten to the point where besides getting a level 70 Zakara with good stats or getting more IK gear (have a piece sitting in the bank) that I'm pretty much spent on this guy. Luckily I'm going to be out of the country without internet for awhile, so I won't have to worry about deciding on continuing with this guy or focusing on an alt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/isny-1167/hero/35089091

didn't know that Hexing Pants worked on stutter step. I already stutter my shots (because my attack speed is slow) but you still have to actually stop to attack. I thought that item was more useful for Strafe/WW/Tempest builds where you are always attacking while moving.

I thought it worked exactly as you described. Figured as soon as you stopped, it wouldn't apply the dmg bonus. Is there a small delay? Does that item have an icon associated with the buff like Pride's Fall?

zlatko

Banned
9SqmUDC.png

What would you guys change on this? The VIT and the hatred/second I could place to make a socket.

Good idea? Which is better to get rid of ?

scy

I thought it worked exactly as you described. Figured as soon as you stopped, it wouldn't apply the dmg bonus. Is there a small delay? Does that item have an icon associated with the buff like Pride's Fall?

No icon either way. As far as I can tell, you have time for about 1 attack before it drops your damage.

Probably just easier to use with TR/WW/etc. stuff, really.

What would you guys change on this? The VIT and the hatred/second I could place to make a socket.

VIT -> Skill% would be the best option. Then again, that would take somewhere around all-of-the-rolls-ever possibly.

Dahbomb

9SqmUDC.png

Jesus christ fuck no... replace Vitality with your main skill for damage dealer. For most people that is Cluster Arrow so you want to roll Vitality into +% Cluster Arrow damage. It will be difficult to do so but it's doable (I was able to do so after like 20 rolls).

It also sounds like fire Monks can eventually do T6, but lightning tops out at T4 or 5.
Lightning Monk can do T6 as well, it's just harder to gear.

As far as I can tell, you have time for about 1 attack before it drops your damage.
That makes it worth it for me. Basically my play style is just... walk, Cluster Arrow, walk, Cluster Arrow etc.

Rerolling a quiver/source is a fool's errand. You might think you were lucky to get it to drop, but you'll have to be exponentially luckier to get it to roll what you want.

Discobird

Yes you can stutter step with Hexing Pants. The buff lasts for a split second after stopping before it turns into a debuff, which gives you a window to fire and move again. Your stutterstep shots will benefit from the 25% extra damage. It's really good, but kinda tiring for long periods since you can never just relax and stand still.

Dahbomb

ajawjZi.png

Not my image, a friend linked this to me. Apparently Oculus can roll double attack speed since one of its built in rolls is IAS?

Kinda weird, not sure if I buy it.

Edit: Nope it's legit http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/fen-2915/YourBunyWrot/34460314
That's legit, I know people who have that (double rolls on an item). I would still rather have crit chance + IAS than double IAS but it could be nice for a very specific high IAS build.

There are some interesting things you can do with this. The best example is getting both All Res and Lightning Resistance on a Thundergods Vigor. Normally you can't do that but the Lightning Resistance on Thundergods is fixed. So you can roll a primary into All Res to have both. Excellent for a Monk as they can get like 300+ All res from one piece.

And as someone mentioned you can get Sunkeeper to have insane amount of Elite damage.

I was going to quit today if I didn't get any good drops. 15 mins into a rift a pretty decent Slorak's dropped that had arcane/disintegrate damage on it. I use a disintegrate build.

Just needed to roll a socket. First enchant...bam socket.

Keep dangling that carrot Blizz. Now give me my Tal's chest and source.

Quoting myself here as I have had the best drop day in some time. The Slorak's earlier.

Then bam! Thunderfury. About 10 minutes later...Tal's source. Also dropped a pair of firebirds gloves, but not running a fire build so stashed them.

I've used a good portion of my drop karma. Probably won't see my other tal's piece for some time.

neoism

Monk is definitely bottom 2 class in the game at the moment and here's why:

*Dexterity as a main stat sucks balls for defense. Monks are shoehorned into using OWE just to have enough toughness as Barbs hell even Crusaders. DHs don't need that much toughness because they are ranged and can just avoid many of the stuff in the game but Monk can't by virtue of their design as a melee character.

*Because you are reliant on OWE so much, Monks aren't like other classes where they need an item with just 3 stats to be good... Monks need 4 stats to be good so they can roll a secondary affix or they get the secondary resistance they want and roll one of the 4 primaries. It's much harder to efficiently gear Monks just so they can compete toughness wise with other classes.

*Their damage output is mediocre compared to the other classes. Not to say they can't do T5/T6 solo at a reasonable pace but it's still a bit slower than the other classes. Monks are good for enhancing kill speeds in a group which means they are better supports than they are main DPS dealers in a high Torment group (thanks to EP).

*Monks have the DEFINITIVE worst class set items in the game. The Monkey 2H set is garbage, the Lightning set gets trumped by single items and the Inna's set is currently bugged (and even if it wasn't it would still not be that good).

*Some weird class specific issues. Their best nuke type skill has a very bad hit box and is usually whiffing on targets unless you use one of the runes (which shoehorns you into making a Fire Monk). Their Spirit generators specifically Fist of Thunders suck ass...shoe horned into using WohF just so they can get some left click damage in and build some Spirit. Their elemental variety sucks compared to other classes... worse than Barbs in this regard. They don't have a way to spec for a pet based build like the other classes. They just have a single Mystic Ally... unlike stuff like CotA Barb build, Phalanx Commander Crusader, companion DH, pet WD and even melee Arcane Hydra Wizard.

I honestly think that if Monks didn't have Exploding Palm they would be the worst class in the game right now. Not to say they are horrible or unplayable... they do fine overall and can hold their own. This is all speaking in terms of relativity.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 would you please give me tips on getting to t2 or t3.... not sure what to do I know I need more res I have 1100 allres

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Wark/2529492

What would be the best upgrades to try to roll for on my lightning Monk? It seems like I've pretty much got the right pieces, other than maybe an Odyn Son/Thunderfury. I finally got a usable Won Khim Lau today after getting 3 other unsalvageable ones.

I've been gambling for bracers and never getting anything good enough to reroll to Lightning.

From Kadala: A Stone of Jordan.
Otherwise: You want to start working toward a ring of royal grandeur (grind can be awful) and you should look into crafting the Aughild's Power set to replace some of your "vanilla" legendaries.. It provides an offensive and defensive boost that are extremely helpful.

Crafted items on Monks are extremely potent because our sets are complete trash plus we need to roll 4 affixes for optimal gear, and crafted gear lets you roll something over and over until you get what you need. I strongly suggest running four pieces of crafted set items +ring of royal granduer until you get until the extreme gearing stages (T4+).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 would you please give me tips on getting to t2 or t3.... not sure what to do I know I need more res I have 1100 allres

Similar advice as above-start gambling for a Stone of Jordan. Grind out a Ring of Royal Grandeur and start looking into crafted sets to replace "vanilla" legendary items. Upgrade your gems-it's expensive but makes a difference. Reroll IAS on your amulet to Lightning Damage.

Dahbomb

I am away from the PC right now so I can't give a lengthy response but on that Monk you need to start work on the Aughild set piece (craft Shoulders and Chest) and start stacking Lightning Resistances. Then work towards getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Try to get WKL to replace the Fulminator. Asheara set for Gloves and Pants (for the extra all res and life). Amulet needs Lightning damage (reroll IAS into Lightning).

Also upgrade the gems and put Diamonds in chest/pants for more resistances. Your damage is probably fine for T2/T3 just need to bring the mitigation up.

Can't wait to get my WD to 70 so I can spend all of my blood shards trying to get Tasker and Theo. What other items are necessary for a summoner build?
Mask of Jarem and Tasker and Theo mostly...
Of course Zunimassa's set is welcome but preety damn hard to get.
Got prefrct Tasker and Theo few days ago, I was so happy, and a perfect roll as well

cdyhybrid

Think I've reached the point where I'm willing to deal with fuckery in exchange for more drops.

So the best general loot/gold/exp is Rift It Forward, right? And the best way to farm rift keys to support that is split bounty groups?

FtHTiny

Got Gyrfalcon´s Foote yesterday. In combination with the shield it makes every other spec pointless.
Guess i will enjoy it until blizzard figures it out and desides to "bugfix" it.

Nonentity

Ugh, so I FINALLY gamble a Cindercoat and I got this:

nuDL8.jpg

I don't use Rend (or any of the other skills it can roll into), other stats that can go there are +vitality or %life or minus elite damage...

I'm sort of tempted to just try and get three sockets on it. I'm torn. Help :(

Jubs

DH friend found a Shard of Hate while i was afk in the menu screen. When he told me that i exited immediately. Retarded that a DH finds a rare ass sword weapon before a monk character. What kind of smart loot BS is that? Times like this I wish some sort of trade system was in place.

Gonna take a break from this game for a while.

So 5500+ shards later wasted on trying to get a Kridershot, and still nothing. All I have had to show for it is 6 cluckeyes and a Windforce...which was just replaced by a nicely rolled cluckeye I got from doing split bounties.

Cluckeye Cluckeye Cluckeye. I just want my Krieder so I can start shifting towards an OP Cluster arrow build.

Discobird

So 5500+ shards later wasted on trying to get a Kridershot, and still nothing. All I have had to show for it is 6 cluckeyes and a Windforce...which was just replaced by a nicely rolled cluckeye I got from doing split bounties.

Cluckeye Cluckeye Cluckeye. I just want my Krieder so I can start shifting towards an OP Cluster arrow build.

You don't need Kridershot to do the cookie cutter CA build. In fact it doesn't synergize very well with that build because the goal is to spend as much time spamming CA and as little time shooting your generator as possible, whether that's Entangling Shot or Elemental Arrow with a Krider.

Unless you meant CA:Dazzling Arrow in a lightning build which is a different story and probably one where Krider fits well

Discobird

Ugh, so I FINALLY gamble a Cindercoat and I got this:

nuDL8.jpg

I don't use Rend (or any of the other skills it can roll into), other stats that can go there are +vitality or %life or minus elite damage...

I'm sort of tempted to just try and get three sockets on it. I'm torn. Help :(

Reroll the Rend IMO, an additional good primary stat is worth a lot more than a third socket.

I see otherwise well-geared toons decked out in 2-socket Cindercoats from time to time, no shame in it :D

MoonGred

I feel like running with randoms is really ruining the game for me at the moment. This has been asked a million times before, is there any word on the US gaf guild? All my friends seem to have moved on.

I haven't really played D3 since I got owned in Inferno act 2 back in the days. So now I got the exp and I want to have one character that I'll farm with. Only 2 that I have are monk and wiz so which one is easier to gear up and farm with? Also where can I look up some builds?

Grampasso

ajawjZi.png

Not my image, a friend linked this to me. Apparently Oculus can roll double attack speed since one of its built in rolls is IAS?

Kinda weird, not sure if I buy it.

Edit: Nope it's legit http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/fen-2915/YourBunyWrot/34460314

Eternal union ring which always comes with +% vit can roll extra % vit. I have 1 with 20% vit (max roll), when I was rerolling to get dmg instead of LOH I saw the extra +10-15% vit in the possible options

MoonGred

Can someone give me some pointers on what to do with my WD, I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment, normal is way too easy, T1 is doable does take forever though.

My current setup

The current skill set is really enjoyable, and a lot more entertaining than a fetish firebat build. I'm still working on leg gloves and legs, so ignore those.
Should I change the +"x" % dmg on my ring/warps to fire damage?

MoonGred

After getting no love from Rngesus for about 3 hours, I got 6legs in 2 minutes. Most of which were crap, among the crap however was this

KuEcSsl.png

rRILtVZ.png

What do I put in the socket for the amulet? More resistance?
For "Last Breath" I was thinking rerolling VIT in hope to get +"x"% damage, or isn't that really needed.

I swear, legendaries in this game are the equivalent of getting magic the gathering packs with no rares in them. 21 rifts, 13 dropped legendaries and 1150 shards spent on rings for 3 gambled legendaries-all uniquely unusable to anything but the character decked out in just yellows.

I can't complain much after joining Team Cindercoat yesterday, but the terrible drop rate of legendaries off elites (vs. loose rocks, chests, and kicking corpses-the before and after returns of playing with a Harrington Waistguard have been dramatic) and the near-gashapon style distribution is what has most people annoyed with the drop rates and looking into whatever they can (Rift it Forward, split farming, etc.) to brute force the system.

DSmalls84

RNGesus had my back last night. Found my first set armor and it was Zuni's, and two pairs of Magefist. Feels good to find some nice upgrades after a few days. Still gambling for Tasker and Theo but Magefist are a more than adequate replacement for the time being.

Tarazet

Can someone give me some pointers on what to do with my WD, I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment, normal is way too easy, T1 is doable does take forever though.

My current setup

The current skill set is really enjoyable, and a lot more entertaining than a fetish firebat build. I'm still working on leg gloves and legs, so ignore those.
Should I change the +"x" % dmg on my ring/warps to fire damage?

You have one of the best Stones of Jordan I've ever seen. +Physical is amazing for a pet build. I would use that as the basis for everything else.

Got my monk to a reasonable enough point now.

Using cool down reduction, Fire, epiphany, tempest rush, seven sided strike and serenity build.

Got 55% cool down reduction and still using two rares (amulet and bracers) because I have yet to find better leg versions. In all honestly all I really need is a rare amulet with CDR or fire damage increase (other stats are dex, CC and CHD.

While 75% CDR would be the ultimate even with 55% ( and with right amulet and paragon lvl ups I could get it to 60+) I just epiphany + tempest rush. When that runs down I seven sided strike. Then straight away serenity (so I have now been invinsibly for 5 seconds. Then tempest rush out of harms way. Then seven sided strike is ready again (at about 8sexond cool down at the mo) then epiphany is up again and off you go.

Was doing t3 solo pretty easy. Only died twice and both were lag spikes.

So I can at least end the obsession now and play less. Phew. It had me in its grips for a while there. Seeing as I can only really play 2 hours a night Max its a nice feeling.

It is so depressing reading the official forums, I really need to stop. The negativity is unreal. I'd hate to wade through all that daily looking for good feedback. Makes me appreciate the overall logic in this thread I guess. Ha :)
The overall tone on the official forums has taken a complete 180 since launch. The first 1-2 days the posts were nothing but how amazing RoS is and now it's nothing but people crying about how some specific legendary isn't dropping for them.

I'd stay away from them for a while, they are just flooded with trash posts from bad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom