• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Wolfie5

Finished this season a bit early this time around. Stopped playing as soon as I got stash tab with my WD.
As for the stash I got, most of it was salvaged. I tend to keep anchient stuff and salvage the rest.

I plan to play as a Crusader or Barb for season 8. Which of the two is getting the better starter set?
I have played very little with these 2 classes, so I don't really know.

I got a pretty good idea for a support wizard. No Oculus though.

There are so many supports grifting right now and I am getting tired of my WD. Hopefully I find a DH build I like in S8.

Xanathus

Season 8 journey tracker has been updated http://d3resource.com/journey/

Basically the same as season 7 except that they changed up the bosses to kill. I remember having to do a full bounty run for the Haedrig being annoying, but at least you still don't need to get a level 70 Hardcore character to finish the whole journey.

Dunfisch

Basically the same as season 7 except that they changed up the bosses to kill. I remember having to do a full bounty run for the Haedrig being annoying, but at least you still don't need to get a level 70 Hardcore character to finish the whole journey.

I dearly hope Blizz has set up the Belial T13 kill properly so the countdown starts when he first jumps down to you or goes giant, cause otherwise you're looking at most of those 20 seconds just wasted for minions you gotta kill.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Basically the same? So wait, did you always need to master 8 set dungeons for that one conquest? And did the stash tab always require two conquests?

I’m beginning to think I’ll just never get any more stash space…..:(

Xanathus

Basically the same? So wait, did you always need to master 8 set dungeons for that one conquest? And did the stash tab always require two conquests?

I’m beginning to think I’ll just never get any more stash space…..:(

Well those were actually conquests from Season 5 when they first introduced the Season Journey system and I did those then, but you do not have to do those specific 2 conquests for the stash tab.

You only have to do 2 of any conquests for the stash tab and the non-set related ones are easy and less tedious. Boss Mode (Kill all bosses in 20minutes in TX) and Curses! (350 kills in a TX Cursed Chest event) are quite easy to do.

Kiru

Well those were actually conquests from Season 5 when they first introduced the Season Journey system and I did those then, but you do not have to do those specific 2 conquests for the stash tab.

You only have to do 2 of any conquests for the stash tab and the non-set related ones are easy and less tedious. Boss Mode (Kill all bosses in 20minutes in TX) and Curses! (350 kills in a TX Cursed Chest event) are quite easy to do.

Not when you are playing mostly solo. :(

Xanathus

Not when you are playing mostly solo. :(

Both of those are relatively easily doable solo, for Boss Mode you just need a speed-farming build and gear which all classes have and which you should be gearing up for anyways and then maybe tweak it for max travel speed. Barbarian might be the only class that has trouble with it. For Cursed Chest it's all about remaking games over and over until you find that Act 5 Cursed Chest event and have a build that can keep clearing mobs non-stop. All classes have builds that can do it.

Another easier way to get the Cursed Chest conquest done is to keep an eye out for that event while doing TX bounty runs with groups and then call everyone to come do it together.

eek5

I've done boss mode solo every season that has had it as a conquest. Usually takes me about 15 min on a successful run.

The trick is to do all the mazey ones first. If you get stuck you can abort much faster.

Also you can try to reload to get bounty on the mazey ones to get a guiding arrow.

Baliis

Wait, S8 starts tomorrow? Shit, someone tell me what class to play. This is the first season that I probably won't be home to start right away on though, unless I ditch work early. I might.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wait, S8 starts tomorrow? Shit, someone tell me what class to play. This is the first season that I probably won't be home to start right away on though, unless I ditch work early. I might.

Demon hunter to get the stash tab quickly and leave more time for Civ 6

Dunfisch

Reminder, S8 starts today at 5 PM CEST for all the Euro folks. I'll very likely be there, so feel free to hop on and slay to your hearts content.

Xanathus

Can someone who's played WD on the current patch tell me how much better the HT set is over Arachyr when it comes to speed-farming rifts/bounties at TX and above? Wanna figure out if it's worth setting up a HT speed-farm build after getting the free Arachyr set first.

Mengy

Reminder, S8 starts today at 5 PM CEST for all the Euro folks. I'll very likely be there, so feel free to hop on and slay to your hearts content.

Bah, between Civ 6 being out now and Elite 2.2 releasing next week, I’ve decided to skip S8. The only reason I’d have to play is for the stash tab, but with the huge grind to get up to that (which I’ve failed at every previous season so far) it just seems out of my reach, so what’s the point? I’m also not crazy about the portrait for S8, so no incentive there either. It’s just too much time involved for little to no reward.

I’ll probably still hunt goblin pets with my normal characters though from time to time, I’m still missing a lot. It might feel nice to work on improving my normal characters for a change, they’ve been ignored mostly because of the seasonal play.

eek5

Can someone who's played WD on the current patch tell me how much better the HT set is over Arachyr when it comes to speed-farming rifts/bounties at TX and above? Wanna figure out if it's worth setting up a HT speed-farm build after getting the free Arachyr set first.

TX and above HT is way better. Arachyr is good for 6 and can push up to 12 if you maximize everything. Shit tier weapon can do TX with Ht though

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I wnat the Diablo announcement at Blizzcon to be D3, a sequel or a (good) spin-off for Nintendo Switch.

Diablo on the go, you peeplz.

Switched from PC to PS4 as my PC isn't currently easily accessible. God slogging through this story to unlocks adventure mode is the shits. I didn't miss this one bit.

RS4-

so which is the cheap ass one to use now? WD? I've rolled monk the last two seasons I think, at least initially.

Xanathus

man this season is so dead
Yeah I can't even find people to do split bounties with in the split bounty community, it's like there's literally no one playing and even at the start of a season on a weekend WTF.

Had some really weird lag today. Have the recent DDoS attacks been affecting BNet too?
Server has also been lagging for me with lag spikes, definitely server lag because I checked my browser while the whole screen was frozen.

so which is the cheap ass one to use now? WD? I've rolled monk the last two seasons I think, at least initially.
Most of the sets are sub-standard as starter sets this season, WD is OK for me so far but I'm getting Helltooth set up because I can see how bad Arachyr is for speed-farming above TX.

Mengy

DMO Wizard. It's what I played for 2 seasons.

This is one of the things that I absolutely hate about the D3 wizard compared to the D2 wizard: you always seem shoehorned into melee or archon builds. Every other setup just seems to suck. I'd love to play a frozen orb / blizzard / hydra wizard who keeps his distance and uses freezing and slow as defense, but I've never been able to make one work very highly at all in either torment levels nor GR's. It always seems like I have to go with a melee or archon setup in order to do anything meaningful. :(

tamminen

My game freezes sometimes when I enter a waypoint or portal in multiplayer. Im playing HC so its a bit scary, dunno if I can die when entering a possibly hot portal. Is there some quick solution to this or is the good old "could be anything"? Scan and repair didnt find anything.

Dunfisch

My game freezes sometimes when I enter a waypoint or portal in multiplayer. Im playing HC so its a bit scary, dunno if I can die when entering a possibly hot portal. Is there some quick solution to this or is the good old "could be anything"? Scan and repair didnt find anything.

That sounds somewhat odd, I know that the game had issues with CTD for a long time, though straigt freezes weren't that common. Are you by any chance running a Radeon card? Those have had long-standing issues with D3. A while ago someone else in the thread reported similar troubles and I suggested it may be a driver issue, only a rollback would help. Didn't believe it at first, but after doing so it worked fine again.

You just might be a bit shafted if you're on a Radoen :/ .

Baliis

Yeah I can't even find people to do split bounties with in the split bounty community, it's like there's literally no one playing and even at the start of a season on a weekend WTF.

Server has also been lagging for me with lag spikes, definitely server lag because I checked my browser while the whole screen was frozen.

Most of the sets are sub-standard as starter sets this season, WD is OK for me so far but I'm getting Helltooth set up because I can see how bad Arachyr is for speed-farming above TX.

I jumped on to play with eek at the start of the season, got to 70 and realized I have no real desire to play lol. Havent even gotten my 6 piece yet. I might play a bit once eek can carry me just for the andariel wings though.

Anyone mind helping me out with a power level on seasonal. I'm 49 atm. None of my usual group is playing and we usually level together.

edit: nvm

this season seems pretty dead. : (

Blues1990

Anyone mind helping me out with a power level on seasonal. I'm 49 atm. None of my usual group is playing and we usually level together.

edit: nvm

this season seems pretty dead. : (

I'm trying to go through the challenges, myself. My Battle.net username is Blues1990#1733. Let me know when you want to play to grind some levels.

This season is pretty dead for sure with no new content. Alkaizer and others are playing Legion mainly now. WoW even has a content patch dropping tomorrow too.

Alkaizer is actually on my server, which is kind of funny. There's also a guild that I guess is made up of some (top?) Path of Exile players.

Blizzcon around the corner too.

Jinroh

The Arachyr Firebats build is so overkill. I roll over everything easily on Torment 7 with paragon 80 after I've just acquired the last pieces and the appropriate staff by luck.

This build is insanely fun to play and seems excellent for fast rifts. People can hardly follow me, it hasn't happened with any other classes before.

Elven_Star

Dunno guys, I'm not really feeling it. Feels like I'm doing stuff that I've done a gazillion times before, and this is my first season! Was only playing on PS4 before. Sure hope there's some actual new content next time. Has there been any meaningful addition to the game since Kanai's Cube?

Celegus

Dunno guys, I'm not really feeling it. Feels like I'm doing stuff that I've done a gazillion times before, and this is my first season! Was only playing on PS4 before. Sure hope there's some actual new content next time. Has there been any meaningful addition to the game since Kanai's Cube?

Not too much since then. Been pretty stagnant the last few seasons.

tamminen

That sounds somewhat odd, I know that the game had issues with CTD for a long time, though straigt freezes weren't that common. Are you by any chance running a Radeon card? Those have had long-standing issues with D3. A while ago someone else in the thread reported similar troubles and I suggested it may be a driver issue, only a rollback would help. Didn't believe it at first, but after doing so it worked fine again.

You just might be a bit shafted if you're on a Radoen :/ .

Yup Im using Radeon. Damn, well I hope drivers might be the solution.

Xanathus

Ugh WD moves so damn slow when pushing GR levels without using Manajuma Angry Chicken. I've been so used to that farming normal rifts that I can't believe how slow I move without it.

Wallach

Ugh WD moves so damn slow when pushing GR levels without using Manajuma Angry Chicken. I've been so used to that farming normal rifts that I can't believe how slow I move without it.

It's similarly painful when you start to hit a point pushing GRs with DH that you need to drop Tactical Advantage as a passive. It's probably one of the biggest contributing factors to me not ever pushing that far with the class. I put up a GR81 on August 28th back in S7 and was like "yeah that'll do, thanks" and didn't push again for the rest of the season.

One of the reasons I ever picked up Crusader was because you can at least keep the horse in your pushing builds (and even have a lot of uptime on it since most their builds run really high CDR).

Top Bottom