• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Jinroh

The only thing left I have to do outside of the level 70 gem farming is the T13 rift under 4 minutes. Is it easily achievable through communities?

Razakin

Oh crap, season ending soon, and I still haven't even gotten close getting 4 min TXIII rift done.

Though, doing GR 75 also will be somewhat of a challenge, but probably easier than 4 min rift for me.

TSM

I was thinking about jumpiung back in and playing around with LoN DH, but probably no point when season is ending so soon.

I think S7 is getting killed off to start S8 early. Because they need S8 to end sooner to align with something big. Big I say.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xanathus

Decided to check out the seasonal leaderboards to see what the meta builds were. Interesting that one of the meta DPS for 4 man groups is WD using the Arachyr set of all things.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably been asked a billion times already but whatever: Is there a good way to play this game using a controller yet (on PC)?

So I was running numbers and the standard Helltooth Garg does around 683,755% to 1,967,984% WD a hit depending on temp bonuses like Soul Harvest and Endless Walk.

There a 3 gargs and they can attack once per second with T&T. And this is not including critical hits. Or factoring in their area attacks.

That is kind of crazy.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, the demon hunters Unhallowed set dungeon is straight up bullshit. I've got the gear to do it no problem, but I've run the damn thing over 40 times now and whether or not you can successfully complete it is totally up to RNG factor, it's all about whether or not the mobs spawn in sufficient groupings in order to finish complete that God Damned "hit 20 groups with multishot 6 times" idiocy.

Fuck it, a stupid portrait isn't worth this. I'm too far from the stash tab goals at this point anyway. I've never earned an extra stash tab yet, they make them too unrealistic to get. Fuck this season journey, fuck it all to hell.

Next season I am literally picking the class with the easiest set dungeon just so I have a Frack'n chance of getting my first stash tab....

Xanathus

Okay, the demon hunters Unhallowed set dungeon is straight up bullshit. I've got the gear to do it no problem, but I've run the damn thing over 40 times now and whether or not you can successfully complete it is totally up to RNG factor, it's all about whether or not the mobs spawn in sufficient groupings in order to finish complete that God Damned "hit 20 groups with multishot 6 times" idiocy.

Fuck it, a stupid portrait isn't worth this. I'm too far from the stash tab goals at this point anyway. I've never earned an extra stash tab yet, they make them too unrealistic to get. Fuck this season journey, fuck it all to hell.

Next season I am literally picking the class with the easiest set dungeon just so I have a Frack'n chance of getting my first stash tab....

Well.... the thing is that if you're not willing to play enough to the point where you have the full set pieces of every single set of a class then you're probably not going to be geared enough to complete the journeys for the stash tab anyways. If the UE set dungeon is too annoying to complete then you can do Natalya which is much easier.

I used this guide for UE except I used Illusory Boots instead of Cindercoat in the armor slot of the Kanai Cube which made it so much easier to group enemies together.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70120-set-dungeons-demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-set

And here's the guide for Natalya
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70108-set-dungeons-demon-hunter-natalyas-set

Jinroh

Natalya is super easy, it's the only one I got on my first try. Never got the UE one, even though it's my favorite set.

starsky

The Marauder set dungeon is also considerably easier than the UE set. It took me only 2 times to complete even when I never use the build.

I wish all set dungeons were like the IK set.

I was messing around with a support monk and some Barb hit me with the defense boosting shout. I activated all my temp buffs and had over 3 billion toughness.

Lain

I skipped the whole season and just started playing a couple days ago to at least unlock the portrait and pet, which was pretty easy all considered, even managed to complete the Slayer journey, though no way I could get to the stash tab one.
Hopefully I'll be refilled enough to work on the next season to unlock a stash tab.

Elven_Star

Would somebody please help me with this?

JY5lHD9.jpg

As you can see, textures are not loaded at all. Had a similar problem with Grim Dawn. I'm on an RX 470, driver version 16.10.1.

Dunfisch

Would somebody please help me with this?

JY5lHD9.jpg

As you can see, textures are not loaded at all. Had a similar problem with Grim Dawn. I'm on an RX 470, driver version 16.10.1.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's because of your card. Radeons have had myriad issues with D3 since forever. You might try your luck with a driver rollback, though I couldn't say how far back - that in itself might introduce other issues. The game infamously crashed in the Desolate Sands area for Radeon users a while back, odds are a rollback will drop that problem on you.

Outside of fiddling with driver versions, I doubt there's much you can do :( .

Elven_Star

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's because of your card. Radeons have had myriad issues with D3 since forever. You might try your luck with a driver rollback, though I couldn't say how far back - that in itself might introduce other issues. The game infamously crashed in the Desolate Sands area for Radeon users a while back, odds are a rollback will drop that problem on you.

Outside of fiddling with driver versions, I doubt there's much you can do :( .

Thanks. I don't think it's an AMD issue, though. My friend is fine on his 290x. Besides, Diablo 3 is a huge game and many people use AMD cards. This wouldn't have gone unnoticed if so many people had issues. On the other hand, this problem is not isolated to Diablo 3 either. As I said, Grim Dawn is the same. My own hunch is that it's a DirectX issue, but I don't know of any way to do a clean DirectX install, barring a fresh windows install, which I'm not willing to do.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks. I don't think it's an AMD issue, though. My friend is fine on his 290x. Besides, Diablo 3 is a huge game and many people use AMD cards. This wouldn't have gone unnoticed if so many people had issues. On the other hand, this problem is not isolated to Diablo 3 either. As I said, Grim Dawn is the same. My own hunch is that it's a DirectX issue, but I don't know of any way to do a clean DirectX install, barring a fresh windows install, which I'm not willing to do.

My old Radeon HD6870 used to crash with drivers beyond 13.1 (or 13.whatever, can't remember), so you might want to try that. But yeah, it's weird indeed. Even accounting for the fact that AMD has a bad history with D3, I haven't had any problems with the game in ages. It seems like AMD fixed the problem a while ago. Besides, the drivers would just make the game crash. I haven't heard any stories about textures not loading.

Still, try the legacy drivers just in case. I doubt it'll work, especially if other games suffer from the same issue, but you never know.

After playing my PS3 version for the last two weeks, I got the upgrade on PC. I don't know why leveling on PC is so much faster. I started a seasonal character and after a few hours, I was already in my 30s. I'm really enjoying the game, but the connection can be a bit spotty. Probably my worst experience so far was when I was doing act 4 bounties for the bonus and I disconnected during the transitions of the Diablo fight. Coming back wipes out all your progress and resets the bounties. My main question is about paragon levels. Do paragon levels earned in seasonal carry over to all characters? Is that some kind of account wide progression or just per character?

Lain

My main question is about paragon levels. Do paragon levels earned in seasonal carry over to all characters? Is that some kind of account wide progression or just per character?

Yeah Seasonal progress will carry over to your normal characters once the season ends, so the cumulative Paragon exp you earn will transfer over (as well as everything else). Paragon points are account wide, with the divide being only between softcore/hardcore and normal/seasonal.

Xanathus

After playing my PS3 version for the last two weeks, I got the upgrade on PC. I don't know why leveling on PC is so much faster. I started a seasonal character and after a few hours, I was already in my 30s. I'm really enjoying the game, but the connection can be a bit spotty. Probably my worst experience so far was when I was doing act 4 bounties for the bonus and I disconnected during the transitions of the Diablo fight. Coming back wipes out all your progress and resets the bounties. My main question is about paragon levels. Do paragon levels earned in seasonal carry over to all characters? Is that some kind of account wide progression or just per character?

Welcome to the master race. Season 8 starts on October 21st so activity should be hopping up then. You should be able to find people to level with if you play on day 1 of the season.

Welcome to the master race. Season 8 starts on October 21st so activity should be hopping up then. You should be able to find people to level with if you play on day 1 of the season.

I was actually able to find someone to level with on season by hopping on campaign. I switched to adventure mode after that because I like the faster leveling.

I've been toying around with a hardcore mage on my PS3, and that's been pretty fun. I am not sure if I'm ready to go hardcore on the PC yet. I'm just working on getting far enough to get some of the rewards this season.

Elven_Star

OK, I fixed my problem. It was a driver issue after all.
Does gaf have a clan? If you guys wanna do some season 8 boosting, I'm up for it. I'll play Wizard.
Here's my battletag: DarkPrinceEV#1960

Xanathus

EU, but I'll switch to NA if there are more willing players there. No problem.

I can invite you to the NA clan, but there is also an EU clan though I do not know how active it is. Just PM me or post here if you still want in the NA clan. Note that NA clan is pretty casual and most people drop out quickly after the start of season after they've done whatever they want to do for the journeys.

Also, first look at season 8 posted by Blizz
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324040/first-look-season-8-journey-10-12-2016

Pretty fugly wing cosmetic reward this time. Guess I'll be rolling a WD this time since it's the last class I haven't done for seasons.

Dunfisch

OK, I fixed my problem. It was a driver issue after all.
Does gaf have a clan? If you guys wanna do some season 8 boosting, I'm up for it. I'll play Wizard.
Here's my battletag: DarkPrinceEV#1960

Threw you an invite to the EU GAF clan, if you decide to stick to this side of the pond. We're not terribly active either, since most people got burnt out or left over lack of sizeable content. Still, come the next season start I expect a group of folks to drop by as usual.

Elven_Star

I can invite you to the NA clan, but there is also an EU clan though I do not know how active it is. Just PM me or post here if you still want in the NA clan. Note that NA clan is pretty casual and most people drop out quickly after the start of season after they've done whatever they want to do for the journeys.

Also, first look at season 8 posted by Blizz
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324040/first-look-season-8-journey-10-12-2016

Pretty fugly wing cosmetic reward this time. Guess I'll be rolling a WD this time since it's the last class I haven't done for seasons.

Threw you an invite to the EU GAF clan, if you decide to stick to this side of the pond. We're not terribly active either, since most people got burnt out or left over lack of sizeable content. Still, come the next season start I expect a group of folks to drop by as usual.

Thank you both. Casual is alright. I'm looking to have some fun; don't need a job :p
Joined the EU clan, because I believe I'll have a much better ping on EU servers.

Mengy

Well.... the thing is that if you're not willing to play enough to the point where you have the full set pieces of every single set of a class then you're probably not going to be geared enough to complete the journeys for the stash tab anyways. If the UE set dungeon is too annoying to complete then you can do Natalya which is much easier.

So I decided to give Natalya’s set dungeon a shot. I had 6 pcs of the set and cobbled together a “decent” build. Gear was not optimal, nowhere near as good as my UE set is, but I figured I’d try a run anyway as it couldn’t hurt to give it a try.

And WTF, I completed the set dungeon mastery on my very first run???!!!!! o_O

I had never run a Natalya build before, I was only doing a practice run to get the hang of the goals, and I ended up completing the mastery with 38 seconds to spare? I wasn’t even trying to master it on my first run, I was just practicing!!!! What the Hell is wrong with the UE set dungeon? I have literally ran the UE dungeon over 50 times trying to master it, always falling either one 20-shot short or a few monsters short of the total, the UE dungeon is so painfully hard to hit that perfect RNG balance to complete it, but WHY is Natalya so incredibly and stupidly easy in comparison?

Jeez, I feel like an idiot for ever trying the UE dungeon now. I had no idea the difficulty between the set dungeons varied so wildly in measure.

So which set dungeon is the absolute easiest in the game? Is Natalya’s the easiest, or are there others even more breezy?

Dunfisch

So I decided to give Natalya’s set dungeon a shot. I had 6 pcs of the set and cobbled together a “decent” build. Gear was not optimal, nowhere near as good as my UE set is, but I figured I’d try a run anyway as it couldn’t hurt to give it a try.

And WTF, I completed the set dungeon mastery on my very first run???!!!!! o_O

I had never run a Natalya build before, I was only doing a practice run to get the hang of the goals, and I ended up completing the mastery with 38 seconds to spare? I wasn’t even trying to master it on my first run, I was just practicing!!!! What the Hell is wrong with the UE set dungeon? I have literally ran the UE dungeon over 50 times trying to master it, always falling either one 20-shot short or a few monsters short of the total, the UE dungeon is so painfully hard to hit that perfect RNG balance to complete it, but WHY is Natalya so incredibly and stupidly easy in comparison?

Jeez, I feel like an idiot for ever trying the UE dungeon now. I had no idea the difficulty between the set dungeons varied so wildly in measure.

So which set dungeon is the absolute easiest in the game? Is Natalya’s the easiest, or are there others even more breezy?

YMMV, but IK for Barbs is up there. You pretty much just walk a big circle and smash everything. Yeah, you have to keep up Berserker, but that's a total non-issue there. Keep moving, smash things, win. Now while UE sucks, you haven't experienced misery until you attempt the Uliana's dungeon. Same issues which UE has, but worse. I found that one borderline impossible without external help or that 1 in 100 run where the enemies spawned just right - to *barely* enable you to make it.

Mengy

YMMV, but IK for Barbs is up there. You pretty much just walk a big circle and smash everything. Yeah, you have to keep up Berserker, but that's a total non-issue there. Keep moving, smash things, win. Now while UE sucks, you haven't experienced misery until you attempt the Uliana's dungeon. Same issues which UE has, but worse. I found that one borderline impossible without external help or that 1 in 100 run where the enemies spawned just right - to *barely* enable you to make it.

Good to know. Ironic enough, IK is the free barb set in S8, and Uliana's is the free monk set for S8. Looks like they changed the DH set to Natalya's too.

Xanathus

sets for s8 kind of suck and they made all the requirements more difficult. blizz hates us confirmed

Crusader and WD are good as starter farming sets. Conquests have those annoying set-based ones that require rolling multiple characters to do but you can skip those by doing the 3 other ones which aren't too difficult. Is there a list of the full season journeys yet?

Kiru

Ugh, those conquests are horrible. Doing set dungeons AGAIN AND AGAIN is fucking annoying. Get creative you fucks.
:csdmad:

nubbe

Didn't get the storage space in season 7
It was just too time consuming and I never got any ancient gear I needed... it was horrible

Mengy

Didn't get the storage space in season 7
It was just too time consuming and I never got any ancient gear I needed... it was horrible

I've not managed to earn a stash tab yet, not a single one, and now they are making them harder to get? Those requirements for the S8 stash tab are ludicrous!!!!!

I'm thinking I might just skip this season honestly. Civilization 6 comes out on the same day, maybe it's time I give Diablo 3 a rest. I wish there was another way to get more storage space, something available to us players who don't have so much time to grind out these difficult season journeys all the way. :(

Xanathus

Cleared my season stash inventory and deleted my non-season WD to make room for a new WD. Based on the gear on it I had not played it at all since Jade WD was the best WD build and before ancient items were introduced. I'm ready for season 8!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Cleared my season stash inventory and deleted my non-season WD to make room for a new WD. Based on the gear on it I had not played it at all since Jade WD was the best WD build and before ancient items were introduced. I'm ready for season 8!

Oh shit, right, thanks for reminding me I have to manage my season rollover stash.
It's annoying, but at the same time kinda relaxing. I like to sort through my stuff, keep only the best of it, and then sort it perfectly.

Dunfisch

Could've just done a season rebirth to mail the gear to off-season and reuse the WD.

Top Bottom