• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Jadax

Im not seeing any one on our clan, any more. :(

Everyone is done with their characters.

That's a shame - I was looking to jump back into the game (been out for over a year), but last time I sort of quit because it got so boring just doing solo stuff (I jumped between NA and EU). There were very few gaffers around, and the guild was quite dead (only the few 3-4 usual guys).

I'm not looking for a perfect mmo experience like WoW, but I get bored easily if all I'm doing is grifting without anyone to speak to.

Jadax

I know we shouldn't be bumping threads, but since this thread seems sort of dead - any NA gaffers? Do we have a clan or something?

Add me: Jadax#2287

TDLink

I'm just getting into this game with some friends and I have a weird problem. Hoping someone can help.

I want to play the game in Full Screen Windowed (Borderless) rather than normal Full Screen. This is the same way I currently play Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch (other Blizzard games) without any issue.

However, when I apply this option in the Options menu it reduces the Diablo 3 window to just take up a part of the screen, about the top/left quadrant. And the resolution box is greyed out so I can't adjust anything.

Anyone know how I can fix this so I can play it full screen windowed like the other blizzard games?

Running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update if that matters.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Anyone know how I can fix this so I can play it full screen windowed like the other blizzard games?

I've been using borderless windowed mode on Win10 with no problem. I'd say try setting it to fullscreen with your intended resolution and frame rate, exit and reboot, then try changing it to borderless again. I had some similar flakiness when switching primary and secondary monitors before and rebooting would fix it.

TDLink

I've been using borderless windowed mode on Win10 with no problem. I'd say try setting it to fullscreen with your intended resolution and frame rate, exit and reboot, then try changing it to borderless again. I had some similar flakiness when switching primary and secondary monitors before and rebooting would fix it.

That worked! Thank you.

Tizoc

OK having just got the game downloaded I started a new game but chose Seasonal.
I've yet to have joined any games or play with others, but if anyone is in Europe region and wouldn't mind playing through the early game with me I'd appreciate it.
My Blizzard.net ID is Tizoc

Addnan

OK having just got the game downloaded I started a new game but chose Seasonal.
I've yet to have joined any games or play with others, but if anyone is in Europe region and wouldn't mind playing through the early game with me I'd appreciate it.
My Blizzard.net ID is Tizoc

there will be a number after you blizard id, so Tizoc#****

Blues1990

With the Witch Doctor, I got one to level 70/Paragon 90, but I don't have a clue with what's the best build for this character class. Any suggestions?

Blues1990

I found a piece of paper called 'Tome of the Set Dungeons, Page 22', and as my Barbarian with my Season 7 armour set, I went to the entrance at the Ruins of Sescheron to find this portal. I clicked on a bunch of things near the fire place, but nothing is happening.

What am I doing wrong?

evilalien

I found a piece of paper called 'Tome of the Set Dungeons, Page 22', and as my Barbarian with my Season 7 armour set, I went to the entrance at the Ruins of Sescheron to find this portal. I clicked on a bunch of things near the fire place, but nothing is happening.

What am I doing wrong?

You're looking for the Wrath of the Wastes set dungeon entrance? It's in Pandemonium Fortress Level 1; IK is in the Ruins of Sescheron.

So, level 37 and on the Act III (first time campaign) so far, and... Isn't this game a bit too easy?

I am finding the same issue as with World of Warcraft: I'm nearly unkillable, my health never seems to go down, and the only time I died was because of a combination of a mob + not paying attention to the game (same as with WoW).

I don't know, usually I expect normal to be balanced, and Diablo I and II proved to be a decent challenge in the default difficulty... Here it feels as if I was still doing the tutorial. Maybe I should avoid having a companion with me (although i would get too boring).

Maledict

So, level 37 and on the Act III (first time campaign) so far, and... Isn't this game a bit too easy?

I am finding the same issue as with World of Warcraft: I'm nearly unkillable, my health never seems to go down, and the only time I died was because of a combination of a mob + not paying attention to the game (same as with WoW).

I don't know, usually I expect normal to be balanced, and Diablo I and II proved to be a decent challenge in the default difficulty... Here it feels as if I was still doing the tutorial. Maybe I should avoid having a companion with me (although i would get too boring).

That's why you can increase the difficulty at any point. You don't replay the game on higher difficulties like in previous diablos, you do one play through at a difficulty of your choosing. Basic normal difficulty is incredibly easy, but you can just toggle it up a high as you want to go. You get more experience and drops the higher the difficulty.

III-V

Normal is not a challenge on first play through. Gonna need to bum that up. This game can scale in difficulty pretty well, but really what happens is that you realize that mowing down everything very quickly gets you where you want to be. It becomes a race against yourself.

eek5

You can bump the difficulty. 1-70 isn't really well-balanced since most people blast through it really fast.

There really isn't any dynamic difficulty scaling. For example if you were level 58 and you got your hot little hands on a level 70 weapon with 12 level reducution you'd absolutely demolish everything. At that point you could either blast through shit or bump the difficulty to the point where it was "challenging" again.

Baliis

Others have already said it, but bump up the difficulty. After they retuned gear drops to tend to have main stat+vit more often, the lower difficulties became a joke. I remember at launch when I first got to Diablo, I literally had 0 +vit on my gear so everything was a one shot even on normal, good times.

Never mind, I just died... of a lag spike. Basically everything stops moving and 5 seconds later I see the death screen. Yesterday at night was pretty bad. A few complaints in the support forum, so I guess I was not the only one. From what I can google, this seems to pretty normal?

Can you lower the difficulty later if you have tried to bite more than you can chew?

Maledict

Never mind, I just died... of a lag spike. Basically everything stops moving and 5 seconds later I see the death screen. Yesterday at night was pretty bad. A few complaints in the support forum, so I guess I was not the only one. From what I can google, this seems to pretty normal?

Can you lower the difficulty later if you have tried to bite more than you can chew?

Yes - you can lower or raise the difficulty one level in game at any time before you hit max level. Otherwise you need to do it outside of the game. It's actually really easy and convenient (and so much better than playing through the game 3 times).

Xanathus

It's because Blizzard was getting DDOS'd yesterday. Generally all of their games in the same region get affected together.

It's because Blizzard was getting DDOS'd yesterday. Generally all of their games in the same region get affected together.

Damn, they are still at it? thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.jpg

Lately I'm trying to get as much play time as I can, Last week with summer work schedule and I will only be able play on weekends. I was supposed to play through August, but Persona 4 happened...

:( Going after the Hearts of Sin in Azmodan's realm. And people complained that it was going to be too bright and colourful? It looks amazing. Diablo II was so grey and sad in comparison.

Original campaign completed, starting Reaper of Souls.

So far, Best invested 40€ in 2016. Loving it, and I guess I will have to get into multiplayer soon.

Been messing around with a non-seasonal WD. Got to 78 solo. A nice build for me.

I think Monk will end up being my favorite class. I keep wanting to go faster.

forrest

formerly nacire
Did Diablo 3 get the same 21:9 treatment that Overwatch did? I just logged on for the first time in a very long time and it seems like my vertical screen space has shrunk.

Dunfisch

So, did 2 more conquests to wrap up Guardian of the season journey, secured top spot for season clan DH ladder, polished off the last few levels to P800 for the season and got 3 Ramaladnis along the way. There's not really anything noteworthy left to do after this, so I guess it's time to leisurely grind out breaths and souls, or act mats.

R&R mode engaged!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So, did 2 more conquests to wrap up Guardian of the season journey, secured top spot for season clan DH ladder, polished off the last few levels to P800 for the season and got 3 Ramaladnis along the way. There's not really anything noteworthy left to do after this, so I guess it's time to leisurely grind out breaths and souls, or act mats.

R&R mode engaged!

I'm frankly impressed you're coming back to the get during the season. I guess you love the game even more than I do!

*sigh* can't wait for Blizzcon.

Blues1990

Original campaign completed, starting Reaper of Souls.

So far, Best invested 40€ in 2016. Loving it, and I guess I will have to get into multiplayer soon.

I'm glad that I waited, as I'm having a blast with the whole Diablo III package. With the exception of the first four acts of the campaign, as it felt like a weird retread of Diablo II's story. However, I LOVE Reaper of Souls, and I hope that a new campaign expansion will be hinted at this year's Blizzcon.

Dunfisch

I'm frankly impressed you're coming back to the get during the season. I guess you love the game even more than I do!

*sigh* can't wait for Blizzcon.

Oh, it's just the kinda game I can start up and go bash some mobs without thinking. It's fine. Though naturally I'm anticipating Blizzcon too. For the love of god, please let there be something.

Xanathus

wtf this seems fast as shit?

I much prefer seasons to be shorter like this because previously they were tied to patches which made the seasons overly long. I generally only enjoy the start of the season and completing the season journeys so having shorter and more frequent seasons is a good thing for me.

eek5

I guess I was hoping for D3 related stuff at Blizzcon and then that leading into season 8. wishful thinking I guess

w4ttsup

So what do you guys think?

Will there be a D2 remaster or D4 announced at Blizzcon?

I'm hopeful for either but anticipate a Warcraft 3 remake.

eek5

You gotta think something is in the works since they are cutting this season short.

Probably, yeah. But this probably means it isn't D3 content. D2 or D4 probably. Unless it's D3 content that is coming 2-3 months after blizzcon. Who knows.

IceMarker

We will get both the same day that Warcraft Trilogy Remastered comes out, in HD with widescreen support.
YES

1Vny9sS.gif

PLEASE

In my wildest dreams... :(

Top Bottom