• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

deoee

I started playing again...
It's still so damn good.

I tried Witch Doctor but I think I want to play Crusader - anyone want's to help me get to 70 real quick? ;D

JayHayabusa

Diablo GAF

After more than 3 years away from Diablo, I'm back. Im changing countries and jobs and I'll have to rely on my laptop for gaming.

Can someone point me to a ressource of what's new in the latest patch? Where's the new meta.

Last I was playing was after Reaper of Souls, after the introduction of the rifts, gems, new ancient(?) legendaries and such.

Thx for the help.

Edit: My profile is jayhayabusa 2672 if someone can take a look and see if all my set items and legendaries are woefully out of date!

eek5

Diablo GAF

After more than 3 years away from Diablo, I'm back. Im changing countries and jobs and I'll have to rely on my laptop for gaming.

Can someone point me to a ressource of what's new in the latest patch? Where's the new meta.

Last I was playing was after Reaper of Souls, after the introduction of the rifts, gems, new ancient(?) legendaries and such.

Thx for the help.

Edit: My profile is jayhayabusa 2672 if someone can take a look and see if all my set items and legendaries are woefully out of date!

Read up on kanai cube and recipes. There is a ton of build diversity right now. I think the most fun is just figuring stuff out for yourself at the beginning because almost everything is viable at least up to TX and GR50ish. Just pick stuff that synergizes and you should be good to go.

Dreavus

Finally got the key pieces to the seeker of the light Crusader and it's a lot of fun. Stacking all the blessed hammer bonuses makes that skill hit like a truck. Up to GR 45 and I can definitely push further! All I need now is a solid ancient weapon with a bonus that actually helps my build (Currently using a 4k damage ancient sword that buffs condemn usage, which doesn't really help much but it's the most powerful weapon I have).

I am getting killed by certain enemies though, like the flying beast things from act III and their fireballs, and any non-skeleton concentration of ranged guys can hurt a lot. I guess I might need more mitigation? I have iron skin, and my provoke increases block chance, plus the falling sword damage reduction. What else is there? I'm not clear on where I should be keeping my vitality and all resist on my gear either, I'm often rerolling those stats into stuff like CDR.

Maybe compass rose or something like that? I currently use a hellfire amulet with the regen and 20% reduction to non-physical passive on it, and random good but replaceable rings - I think it's Bul-Kathos Wedding band and Justice Lantern. My build doesn't do much with blocking so that's probably not worth it.

Man, this game.

Diablo 2 is one of my all-time favorites (#4 on my top 10). When Diablo 3 came out i was disgusted by it. No skill trees and the AH ruined it.

A few weeks ago, I wanted a game to play after everyone went to bed and I could just chill for 30min or an hour. I decided to boot up Diablo 3 again.

The feel of the gameplay in this game is so fucking perfect. Fuck me, in some (most?) ways this might be better then D2, and I NEVER thought i would say that.

Man, this game.

Diablo 2 is one of my all-time favorites (#4 on my top 10). When Diablo 3 came out i was disgusted by it. No skill trees and the AH ruined it.

A few weeks ago, I wanted a game to play after everyone went to bed and I could just chill for 30min or an hour. I decided to boot up Diablo 3 again.

The feel of the gameplay in this game is so fucking perfect. Fuck me, in some (most?) ways this might be better then D2, and I NEVER thought i would say that.

Do you have the expansion? Blizz really turned this game around. Reaper of Souls is absolutely great.

Do you have the expansion? Blizz really turned this game around. Reaper of Souls is absolutely great.

i dont actually. was planning on buying it when i get home today.

i think im going to reroll a demon hunter on hard or expert as normal is laughably easy (got my witch doctor up to around 30 on normal over the last week or so).

Baliis

i think im going to reroll a demon hunter on hard or expert as normal is laughably easy (got my witch doctor up to around 30 on normal over the last week or so).

You can change difficulty and any time and everything scales to your level so no need to completely restart if you don't want to.

To be honest, pretty much everything at low levels is relatively easy, even when speed leveling a hardcore character at the beginning of a season I can play a lot of it on master or even torment 1 for certain stretches.

eek5

It depends what drops for you too. Sometimes you'll get a really good drop that will allow you to push the difficulty. Also you can craft reduced-level weapons which allows you to significantly punch above your weight. All depends how you want to approach it.

The combat the benchmark for an ARPG imo. Nothing I've played has come close.

III-V

you are in for a real treat.

An-Det

Question regarding the PS4 version of the game, how does PS+ effect things? If my brother in law has Plus is playing couch co-op with my sister, would she also need Plus if they want to join with me over the internet or not since they'd both be logged in? I assume so but wanted to be sure beforehand.

I am trying to get back into the game after playing around ROS launch. It is super frustrating to me that I cannot find a wizard build that other than archon that can do what demon hunters do.... which is pretty much solo vast numbers of t10 mobs in an instant.

Can anyone suggest a non-shitty wizard build?

Xanathus

inky

PTR and they aren't much of an improvement outside of stability and better SSAO support.

Thanks. I'm not expecting much, I just want the sharpening effect so I can stop having to download a sharpen filter or fiddle with other 3rd party programs every time I reinstall the game.

eek5

Are there any viable Wizard builds that don't require a very specific weapon? I have several really sick weapons with well over 3k dps, but all my weapons that are for the sets I see are garbage.

There are almost no end-game builds in the game that don't require a specific weapon.

Xanathus

ded game is ded, season 8 end and season 9 start has been announced
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20405165/season-8-ending-soon-12-16-2016

Season 8 will be ending on the following dates and times:

North America: Friday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 9 will begin about one week afterward on these dates:

North America: Friday, January 6 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, January 6 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, January 6 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Xanathus

I still haven't finished the last stage of season journey but I'm not sure if I even want to bother now. It's a choice between being a completionist or having fun.

Played a bit of this for fun this weekend. Still enjoy it.

Whats the best way to get to 70 in the last 2 weeks of the season? Also whats up with the crafting ect. (I basically beat the expansion story and put it down)... and which server still has some people playing? I live in Japan but the asia server seems to have no one playing or at least looking around my level.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
ded game is ded, season 8 end and season 9 start has been announced
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20405165/season-8-ending-soon-12-16-2016

Man , I never even got my Crusader to 70 this season, that’s how little I played D3 for S8, lol. And from the looks of it nothing really new for S9 either, except for the 64 bit client. The game really has stagnated now, hasn’t it?

I’m curious to see what the S9 portrait and rewards will be, if their nothing special then I might just skip S9 too.

Dreavus

Man , I never even got my Crusader to 70 this season, that’s how little I played D3 for S8, lol. And from the looks of it nothing really new for S9 either, except for the 64 bit client. The game really has stagnated now, hasn’t it?

I’m curious to see what the S9 portrait and rewards will be, if their nothing special then I might just skip S9 too.

It certainly feels that way, that's why I thought it was really interesting that the Necro is still coming. I wonder if that will do anything to revitalize the game? Too bad it's not a full expansion, more like half of one, but it will be some new content to chew on at least.

Kiru

Aww I only need the T13 Belial 45 seconds kill. The other stuff is just grinding a bit. If anybody on EU wants to help, hit me up Kiru#2516

EDIT: DID IT

nahlakhai

This game still active? Played the UEE briefly on XB1 when it came out in 2014, thinking about jumping back in on PC. Any one know of any deals for the battlechest?

Wallach

ded game maybe but I'll spend all of next weekend on it as usual

edit - I guess that's just season end, whatever you know what I mean

KarmaCow

Anyone else want to do that Boss Rush conquest? I just need one more conquest to get the stash tab and I doubt I'll play enough to get the gear to complete a 70 grift.

edit: on the NA server, KarmaCow#1953

Wolfie5

Yes! Joined Boss Rush Conquest community and got that conquest done. It also happened to be the last achievement I needed to get stash tab.

I am done, bring on next season :)

Top Bottom