• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

eek5

What gets transfered over, besides the season rewards? I thought it was a full wipe, só every season your goal is to get the season rewards and thats it.

Oh, also, whats your bnet tag?

I mean seasons->ns transfers over

I'm eek#1673

Let me know when you want to get PL though I rarely play D3 anymore but I'll hop on to help people get through this season or whatever.

Dreavus

Eek are you around right now for a PL? I'm trudging through with a level 15 Crusader and wouldn't mind getting to 70 the cheeky way. I wasn't planning on playing this season but I haven't played Crusader in ages and their season set seems pretty good.

Went Demon Hunter this season, after being disappointed with the Monk last season. I'm having so much more fun with DH. Last night I got the Nats set, and I'm 1 piece away from the full Shadow set, which is the one that interests me the most.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did new seaon just start? a lot of my friends list is playing this again the last few days

Nerix

Is the option to hide the UI also available for PS4 (if yes, which button)?

A pro patch would be great for this game. But I'm afraid,that it's unrealistic to expect one.

Quantum

What's the best route to completing sets? Bounties, rifts, grifts? I just need 1 goddamn piece to complete my Shadow set.

rifting

- if you get a duplicate piece for the set you can convert it using kanai's cube - the result is a random piece from the set (so you may have to convert it a number of times) - it has saved my sanity a number of times.

eek5

What's the best route to completing sets? Bounties, rifts, grifts? I just need 1 goddamn piece to complete my Shadow set.

rift -> stones -> grs -> gambling kadala

Best method of gambling is gamble on the slot that off-set if there is a set piece there then use swap set recipe on duplicates to get GG non-ancient set pieces and eventually the piece you're missing

Wallach

Hmph, good to know!
Edit: actually a pretty good alternative to keep in mind while leveling if you happen to get chakram gear before multishot gear too.

Just realized that I actually recorded my 81 run last season, which was done pretty early on (it was enough to be in top 100 at the time). Mind you I had some pretty strong luck that season (which my DHs generally do for whatever reason) and landed a pretty nasty Dawn, which is why I started exploring Chakram more seriously and found it straight up easier to push higher GRs with. Uploaded it to YouTube (it'll be done uploading for around an hour from this post) if you want to see how it does in what was a fairly average rift. Even at 81 I did not feel particularly pressured to run Awareness, the Toughness advantage in this build is so enormous over Multishot.

IceMarker

1 to 70 in 5 hours solo on my new Witch Doctor. About time I give that class some love. Gonna work on the basic Season Journey next.

lawtowler

Really getting in to Diablo, I have always enjoyed playing the game extremely casually but I'm going to dabble in some real "end-game" stuff now. Currently only have a Wizard, which I'm enjoying. Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lawtowler-2579/hero/80943367

I'm going to swap out Disintegrate for Arcane Torrent, static discharge, then swap Meteor for Blizzard, frozen solid and Ice Armour for Energy Armour, prismatic armour.

Then my targets are to get the full Tal-Rasha set (5 piece with RORG), swap out my two ring gems for Gem of Toxin and Bane of the Trapped. Swap out the Nagelring for a Unity (I have one on my follower so can reduce my dmg intake). I have a few other ideas too.

Any other suggestions?

Also thinking of starting up a WD and working on my Crusader too.

Jadax

I haven't played a while, just got plvled to 70, but my armor/items are shit - what do I do?

Should I go through the campaign to gear up or bounties or rifts?

Also, any US gaffers hit me up: Jadax#2287

lawtowler

Also, as I'm looking to start playing Diablo I'd love to find a friendly GAF clan to play with. I've only ever played the game solo or with a RL friend.

Would be really cool to play with a regular group - I'm UK based if that matters.

Anyone willing to help power level my Crusader and soon to be new Witch Doctor?

Dunfisch

Also, as I'm looking to start playing Diablo I'd love to find a friendly GAF clan to play with. I've only ever played the game solo or with a RL friend.

Would be really cool to play with a regular group - I'm UK based if that matters.

Anyone willing to help power level my Crusader and soon to be new Witch Doctor?

For UK, I can get you into the EU-GAF Clan, though it's by and large dead. 8 seasons into the game and there's very few people who still go at it. Well PM me your Battletag and I'll invite you to the clan. No promises if a lot of folks will be on. I'm not doing much either.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just realized that I actually recorded my 81 run last season, which was done pretty early on (it was enough to be in top 100 at the time). Mind you I had some pretty strong luck that season (which my DHs generally do for whatever reason) and landed a pretty nasty Dawn, which is why I started exploring Chakram more seriously and found it straight up easier to push higher GRs with. Uploaded it to YouTube (it'll be done uploading for around an hour from this post) if you want to see how it does in what was a fairly average rift. Even at 81 I did not feel particularly pressured to run Awareness, the Toughness advantage in this build is so enormous over Multishot.

Ah, right on. I wound up getting a really good Yang's Recurve, but that build will probably still wind up working out better even with just the ancient chakram blade despite the missing discipline (and no Multishot).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/6637980
Just trying to wrap things up to get the stash tab. I was late to the party this season.

h3ro

Mind linking your build? Would love to mess around with this on console.

Edit: Just got to the end of the video, thanks! Looking forward to messing around with this, I should have a good Dawn and Spines of Seething Hatred somewhere in my stash.
What did you use in your Kanai Cube?

lawtowler

For UK, I can get you into the EU-GAF Clan, though it's by and large dead. 8 seasons into the game and there's very few people who still go at it. Well PM me your Battletag and I'll invite you to the clan. No promises if a lot of folks will be on. I'm not doing much either.

Done, thanks mate

rifting

- if you get a duplicate piece for the set you can convert it using kanai's cube - the result is a random piece from the set (so you may have to convert it a number of times) - it has saved my sanity a number of times.

rift -> stones -> grs -> gambling kadala

Best method of gambling is gamble on the slot that off-set if there is a set piece there then use swap set recipe on duplicates to get GG non-ancient set pieces and eventually the piece you're missing

Thanks guys.

I ended up completing the Shadow set. It's hilarious against bosses, but really struggles solo because it can't deal with mob groups. Thankfully I also completed the UE set shortly afterward, which is better in almost every way. I got enough CDR to have 100% Vengeance uptime and got a decent non-ancient Yangs. I've gotten pretty lucky so far this season.

stn

Do achievements transfer over from X360 to XBO? I'm looking to upgrade this week, feel like I'm missing out on all of the current-gen-only updates.

Wallach

Mind linking your build? Would love to mess around with this on console.

Edit: Just got to the end of the video, thanks! Looking forward to messing around with this, I should have a good Dawn and Spines of Seething Hatred somewhere in my stash.
What did you use in your Kanai Cube?

Cube for that is Sword of Ill Will, Aquila Cuirass and Convention of Elements. You mainly just need to be able to hit the CDR requirements without Leoric's Crown for ideal Cube setup. What roll the Dawn has is noticeable in that regard.

h3ro

Cube for that is Sword of Ill Will, Aquila Cuirass and Convention of Elements. You mainly just need to be able to hit the CDR requirements without Leoric's Crown for ideal Cube setup. What roll the Dawn has is noticeable in that regard.

Looks like you also ran F/R ring set. Does Chakram/MS trigger both bonuses since Chakram acts as a generator?
I wonder if a Traveler's Pledge/Compass Rose with Elusive Ring might be more effective.
Going to try to do some experimenting today, LoN LTK Monk is a blast but getting old.

Wallach

Looks like you also ran F/R ring set. Does Chakram/MS trigger both bonuses since Chakram acts as a generator?
I wonder if a Traveler's Pledge/Compass Rose with Elusive Ring might be more effective.
Going to try to do some experimenting today, LoN LTK Monk is a blast but getting old.

No, with the Spines of Seething Hatred quiver it will only proc the generator portion. Multishot triggers the spender half of F&R.

I didn't find any decent Endless Walk pieces to try it, but I don't think the Elusive Ring is worth it for Chakram. I think I was close to 300m Toughness even at that point in the season. You probably want to stick with Convention of Elements (or maybe Stone of Jordan I guess if you really don't like Convention) to get more damage going.

Raticus79

No, with the Spines of Seething Hatred quiver it will only proc the generator portion. Multishot triggers the spender half of F&R.

I didn't find any decent Endless Walk pieces to try it, but I don't think the Elusive Ring is worth it for Chakram. I think I was close to 300m Toughness even at that point in the season. You probably want to stick with Convention of Elements (or maybe Stone of Jordan I guess if you really don't like Convention) to get more damage going.

Hmm, come to think of it, I've never really looked at the other runes on Vengeance - I wonder if it could be worthwhile to use RoRG and then one of the other runes, with Dark Heart provided by the Visage of Gunes.

I wonder if there's a piece of armour I could swap in via RoRG that could come close to the overall damage from CoE...? I'd definitely prefer a consistent damage boost.
Edit: nope, doesn't look like it.

Belial's bitch ass is the only thing stopping me from completing S8.

I am going to try the cow shrine thing a few more times and then give up and find a ringer or two.

EDIT - And done. P744. I flaked around a bit near the end but that is good enough for me.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Do achievements transfer over from X360 to XBO? I'm looking to upgrade this week, feel like I'm missing out on all of the current-gen-only updates.

Good question. I think they do, but not 100% sure.

Edit - I have recently gone back to the XBO version again. My PC is having some freezing problem with the game, probably has to do with my videocard.

My DH is coming along nicely:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luap-11664/hero/69720764

I really need the Dead Man's Legacy quiver though. I've spent countless Blood Shards on quivers but Kadala is being a bitch. My profile shows Nemesis Bracers but I only wear those when nobody else in the group has them. Otherwise I wear my ancient Wraps of Clarity. My biggest goals are to get Dead Man's Legacy, The Witching Hour, Focus (of course I have 3 fucking Restraints), and an ancient Yangs.

My DH is coming along nicely:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luap-11664/hero/69720764

I really need the Dead Man's Legacy quiver though. I've spent countless Blood Shards on quivers but Kadala is being a bitch. My profile shows Nemesis Bracers but I only wear those when nobody else in the group has them. Otherwise I wear my ancient Wraps of Clarity. My biggest goals are to get Dead Man's Legacy, The Witching Hour, Focus (of course I have 3 fucking Restraints), and an ancient Yangs.

Try upgrading rares too? I got mine that way.

Raticus79

I got my stash tab and went to try PTR for a bit. The monk weapon's pretty weak for LTK since it has an inner cooldown - clones are limited to about 2 casts per second. Not looking good considering WoL was in a relatively bad place too. Maybe it can be useful for doubling up exploding palm or something.

By the way, the PTR has a giant goat vendor in town that sells you your seasonal weapon (even to NS characters) for 300 blood shards. You get a gift and emerald with it too.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just read that there'll be a graphic update with 2.4.3. It's really a nice difference.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/25718-ptr-graphics-update/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUawRbRNmyM

Do you think there is a chance to get this also on PS4 with a PS4 Pro patch? That would be really nice... An option to disable the UI for better screens would be also great (not available on consoles, I think).

Yeah, it's been up on the PTR since the beginning. You can try it out there. It really makes the game much more crisp and sharp. Before that I had to use SweetFX to get close to that image quality, but this is more convenient and simply better.

Not sure how to progress with my Wizards:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/59385547
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/25871114

The first one seems to cap out at TX/XI and the other is boring to play... Is there a fun build that allows me to run a higher Torment? Not too bothered about high GR, just want to farm TXIII effectively.

The first looks like a channel build. You could work a mana spender and Etched Sigil into it. And relying on Archon to proc the fire element for Tal Rasha leaves you vulnerable.

You need some more mitigation if you are playing up close. Either a leg gem or the Halo.

EDIT - I suggested these because without the cooldown rune on Archon I think there are gaps where your damage and defense leaves you vulnerable even with the Zodiac.

Basically either go more into channel or into Archon. Tal Rasha is not good for Archon because you cannot keep the stacks in Archon form.

h3ro

I was messing around with this build and really enjoyed it!

Does Chakram get the UE Discipline bonus as it is acting as our Generator?

I ask because I rolled a great Dawn with CDR and solid damage without Disc.

Wallach

I was messing around with this build and really enjoyed it!

Does Chakram get the UE Discipline bonus as it is acting as our Generator?

I ask because I rolled a great Dawn with CDR and solid damage without Disc.

Yeah, the build works because Spines of Seething Hatred allows the UE bonus to apply to Chakram (similarly, Kridershot will allow Elemental Arrow to gain the UE bonus). Edit - that applies to both the 2 and 6 piece bonuses.

Hopefully that Dawn rolled well enough that you can reroll the secondary into Discipline.

h3ro

Yeah, the build works because Spines of Seething Hatred allows the UE bonus to apply to Chakram (similarly, Kridershot will allow Elemental Arrow to gain the UE bonus). Edit - that applies to both the 2 and 6 piece bonuses.

Hopefully that Dawn rolled well enough that you can reroll the secondary into Discipline.

Yup, that 12 additional Disc should bump damage nicely.

What was your HF passive?

Wallach

Yup, that 12 additional Disc should bump damage nicely.

What was your HF passive?

Cull the Weak is the 5th passive there. Leech should probably be traded out for Tactical Advantage until you're pretty high into GRs; I don't know if it'll even be that necessary with the new Reflect Damage, I haven't checked out how the new version of that works, but in S7 I took it as Reflect Damage seemed harder to deal with for Chakram than Multishot (IIRC the amount of damage reflected is linked to your proc coefficient which is higher for Chakram).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is the level of equipment made with plans determined by the level of my character when I hand them in to the blacksmith? It's been raining plans for me this season while leveling my crusader and wonder if I should just hand them all in when I hit 70.

eek5

Is the level of equipment made with plans determined by the level of my character when I hand them in to the blacksmith? It's been raining plans for me this season while leveling my crusader and wonder if I should just hand them all in when I hit 70.

nah item is level of plan

so pre70 plans are not 70 items. you get another plan for the level 70 one later

Dreavus

Finally hit 70 on my crusader and finished chapter 1-3 in season, but unfortunately the 4-pc set bonus really isn't great for them on it's own. All the damage is in the 6-pc bonus!

So I'm basically stuck in T1 for the time being because I can't kill anything higher.

What exactly is added when you do torment difficulty? I could almost stand to just keep doing master difficulty but it mentions something about "new items" in torment. Is that mostly set pieces and class specific legendaries?

Baliis

Finally hit 70 on my crusader and finished chapter 1-3 in season, but unfortunately the 4-pc set bonus really isn't great for them on it's own. All the damage is in the 6-pc bonus!

So I'm basically stuck in T1 for the time being because I can't kill anything higher.

What exactly is added when you do torment difficulty? I could almost stand to just keep doing master difficulty but it mentions something about "new items" in torment. Is that mostly set pieces and class specific legendaries?

The class sets are all torment only.

Dunfisch

Regarding pure world drops, starting from T1 you can get class specific set items. If you want to get technical, there's a list which stuff only drops in Torment difficulties. But it's nearly all sets and some other good legendaries you won't get otherwise.

However, difficulty has no impact whatsoever on both gambling at Kadala and upgrading rares to legendary at the cube. Either can spit out any legendary item on any difficulty, be it set or not. Just about the only thing you can't get that way is Ramaladni's Gift and the legendary potions. If you can stand some grinding, try running bounties on repeat. It'll shower you with materials, and with those you can upgrade rares. At least in that way you can guarantee the right item type, rather than hoping to get a 2H flail when gambling shards.

And keep duplicate parts of your set if you find them, they can be rerolled in the cube into a random piece of the same set. Odds are you might complete it that way.

Failing everything, go mooch off public games. Well, if you can find any in lower Torment.

Top Bottom