• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Patrick S.

Banned
I want to get Diablo 3 for either PC or Xbox One.

I've played both on PC and on PS3 and am fine with either control method.

On Xbox One, the Ultimate Evil Edition costs €19.99

On PC, the Diablo 3 battle chest is €35, so quite a bit more.

Does the Xbox One still receive updates? Should I get it on PC or Xbox?

This Tristram event is great, I'm loving all the secrets, the rather good rewards, and even the super-secret stuff only fans of D2 would think to look for, not gonna spoil it though.

I want to get Diablo 3 for either PC or Xbox One.

I've played both on PC and on PS3 and am fine with either control method.

On Xbox One, the Ultimate Evil Edition costs €19.99

On PC, the Diablo 3 battle chest is €35, so quite a bit more.

Does the Xbox One still receive updates? Should I get it on PC or Xbox?

PC still has seasons and is much better with hackers considering it's still always online afaik. PC.

Patrick S.

Banned
Seasons are coming to consoles

Honestly, I'm not sure what the seasons are :)

Regarding hackers, don't they just hack stuff for their own benefit? Isn't Diablo 3 a PvE game where if someone else hacks it has no effect on me?

Sorry for being a D3 noob, I tried it for a while a few years back but moved to something else.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I wasnt aware that was a thing on consoles. What exactly is happening?

I haven't played the console version, but basically, it's not always online, unlike the PC version, so it's a hackfest.

And by hackfest I mean, people hack items to give +500 trillion XP per monster kill. If you ever stumble upon such a person in a pub game and they kill one enemy, you'll instantly become paragon lvl 10,000, which is the level limit.

Basically, they ruin the game for you.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the seasons are :)

Regarding hackers, don't they just hack stuff for their own benefit? Isn't Diablo 3 a PvE game where if someone else hacks it has no effect on me?

Sorry for being a D3 noob, I tried it for a while a few years back but moved to something else.

Im a noob, too!

Only read up on Seasons once I learned they were coming to consoles :)

I haven't played the console version, but basically, it's not always online, unlike the PC version, so it's a hackfest.

And by hackfest I mean, people hack items to give +500 trillion XP per monster kill. If you ever stumble upon such a person in a pub game and they kill one enemy, you'll instantly become paragon lvl 10,000, which is the level limit.

Well, that blows.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

With them bringing seasons to consoles, they must have found a way to combat that. I haven't seen any confirmation of this, but they said that hacking was the reason they didn't bring them to consoles earlier.

With them bringing seasons to consoles, they must have found a way to combat that. I haven't seen any confirmation of this, but they said that hacking was the reason they didn't bring them to consoles earlier.
Yeah I cat imagine they'd bring seasons to consoles if they didn't make any changes to their servers for consoles. There'd be little point.

PSA for those doing the Anniversary Event. There is an achivement and
pet
you can only get if you start the content with a fresh level 1 character - go straight into the event portal before levelling up, to make sure you stay eligible.

Xanathus

I've collected all of the Cultist Pages for the "I Sense A Soul In Search of Answers" achievement if anyone in the NA clan wants to get it. Save y'all the farming.

Blues1990

I've collected all of the Cultist Pages for the "I Sense A Soul In Search of Answers" achievement if anyone in the NA clan wants to get it. Save y'all the farming.

I'm down. I went through the trouble to find those pages, but after looking through every corner of the 16 level dungeon, the achievement never popped up for me.

Blues1990#1733

Game looks very crisp now, maxed out.

But boy it really makes some of the dated gear look bad when zoomed in. Especially compared to new gear like the Mantle of Channeling which looks quite good and clearly recently modeled.

Dalek

pet
you can only get if you start the content with a fresh level 1 character - go straight into the event portal before levelling up, to make sure you stay eligible.

I started a fresh character and I made it to old Tristam-but I don't know how to start the anniversary event.

mileS

Blizzard added PS4 pro support? that's unexpected. I have yet to play the game on console but I bet it looks crisp now. Maybe next sale I'll pick it up for co-op. The Overwatch PS4 pro update is pretty lame once you know graphical settings half decent. Oh thank you for the anisotropic filtering... Learned early on in my PC gaming tweak days that AF is pretty much always worth maxing to 16x because it would have little to no performance change. Somehow it has been a huge problem on the PS4. Anyways I expected more from the Overwatch PS4 Pro patch considering the game already ran @ 60fps on the base system.

As far as the new PC options. Still have my ancient rig that could barely run the game well as it is (in 4 player rifts, drops to 20fps and stuttering) so I can't take advantage of it :/

Tendo

pet

Wondering this as well - do paragon points affect this?

Syf

Banned
The difference is night and day for me with the new AA and 120Hz support on PC. Can't wait for the season to start.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Paragon pts do not affect it, I just ran the event with a new lvl 1 Crusader but with 565 Paragon pts allocated, made it terribly easy though. It was interesting, I like the D1 nostalgia graphic effect they made for this, but I don't feel the need to run it again. Except that looking at the achievments for the event I may have to run it again, I only got half of the monster types needed for the portrait, I'm guessing it's randomized. So I'll probably have to run it again a few times.

The new client and AA is great though, game looks and runs fantastic!

TP

I enjoyed the anniversary dungeon but it still felt underwhelming

Having bosses just rush you with no warning as soon as you open the door is still the best though

I started a fresh character and I made it to old Tristam-but I don't know how to start the anniversary event.

Apparently not. Just make sure you enter the event portal at level 1, try not to do anything before it.

I did it this way:

Started Adventure Mode
Teleported to the place on the map with the red pentagram.
Ran into the red portal to go to the Retro Zone.

Then I spent all my paragon points, levelled up a bit, went to crafter to make some stuff, and ran to the boss to kill him.

Alric

So question on that diablo 1 content. I started a new character but killed some enemies right before the entrace to the teleporter and became level 2. Been playing a bit now but should I of entered the portal level 1 or does it matter?

Xanathus

Finished all the Diablo 1 event achievements, the one for killing every unique is such a grind.
EDIT: Heads up, there is an additional transmog that you can get if you slot in the Red Soul Shard gem you get from killing Diablo 1 into a helm.

So question on that diablo 1 content. I started a new character but killed some enemies right before the entrace to the teleporter and became level 2. Been playing a bit now but should I of entered the portal level 1 or does it matter?

It might matter, just restart to be safe?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Finished all the Diablo 1 event achievements, the one for killing every unique is such a grind.

Yep, that’s the only one I have left, and seeing how you just get a portrait that I’ll probably never use anyway I might just skip that achievement. I think I’d rather do GR’s or bountys than run the D1 levels over and over again just for a portrait.

I love the cow pet though, and the little Butcher pet!

Nokterian

Had some framerate issues but i finally i think found the issue, my gsync has a overdrive mode and it was set to normal but there is also extreme it will pull up to 170hz that is really overkill so i turned it off also opened up more soundchannels on my soundcard and other options.

Capped in the game around 135 fps in the foreground and now it runs perfect.

IceMarker

Turns out the retro event was okay. Not great, but passable. Love that they brought back the old tunes.

Also, HOLY SHIT IS THE NEW CLIENT SMOOTH AF

lawtowler

So it's worth starting a fresh character and going straight in to the D1 dungeon?

I haven't started a WD on PC yet so think I'll do that tonight if so

Nokterian

So it's worth starting a fresh character and going straight in to the D1 dungeon?

Yeah you should do it at least i did since you will get a butcher pet when you finish killing the dark lord.

Well.... I checked it out with my main character and blasted through it all in about 30-40 minutes. With a new character, it will take longer and therefore might feel like more content? Maybe that's the incentive to go in at level 1.

But it just felt like doing a much longer rift. Same type of levels and monsters. It was kinda neat but nothing to get excited about. I liked the old-school animations, music, and visual filters though.

Nokterian

Man this updated was much needed and for 144hz monitors in the big league but most importantly for me at least it runs butter smooth with gsync now. Also being 64bit and DX11 was also much much needed, tried some rifts and dense areas with mobs it runs flawless.

Xanathus

If you're getting stuttering and poor performance with the new client, try leaving the community chatrooms you are currently in. Supposedly it's loading up player models in the background.

Top Bottom